Faking Forever Ch. 04

Story Info
Faking forever with my brother's best friend.
1.5k words
4.59
3.7k
4
2

Part 4 of the 17 part series

Updated 03/13/2024
Created 08/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nev held up the black, knee-length dress and stuck her tongue out. "I can't believe you're going to wear this," she croaked, tossing it to the side. "At least say you have really rockin' jewelry."

I shrugged and stared at myself in the mirror as I applied my makeup. "He said he was bringing his own."

"Yes, but Drew Pratt? And jewelry?" She snickered. "That sounds about as plausible as me going to a fashion show."

I glanced at her reflection in the mirror over my right shoulder and she stood holding my red minidress up to herself. Her blonde curls didn't exactly look that great with red, or maybe it was her pasty complexion. I preferred the look of my warmer skin and hazel-green eyes with bold color choices, and it irritated me that Drew had asked for that dress in particular.

"This is the one you should wear. You looked amazing in this at your party." She twirled around and then barged over to me, forcing the dress in front of me. I nearly got mascara on it as she held it up against my body.

"What are you doing?"

"You look better in this one." She tilted her head to the side and smirked. "Drew will like it better."

"Stop it!" I snapped, followed by my own snickering. "I don't have a crush on him anymore." I pushed the dress away and averted eye contact as I leaned back in to apply another coat of mascara. Nev paraded around the guestroom at my brother's house where I had literally everything I owned stacked up in boxes.

"Alright, if you say so." She draped the dress over a box and I sighed, rolling my eyes. He had asked for that dress, and I didn't want him to get what he wanted, but I really did look better in that dress.

"Fine, I'll wear the dress if you stop pouting."

"Yay!" Nev gave a cheer and plopped onto the foot of the bed. "Like, he is really frickin' hot now. And why did he choose you specifically to pretend to be his girlfriend?"

I capped the mascara wand and tossed it into my makeup bag. As I turned around on the chair I saw the mess we'd made trying to pick out an outfit. Clothing lay strewn everywhere. All that mess for no reason. The red minidress had already been lying across the boxes before I started my search.

I rose and checked myself out in the mirror one last time before heading for the dress. "I don't know. Beck said it was because ewe knew each other, so there would be less faking it. I think that means we'd be faking it more since I detest his personality. He was so cruel to me when we were in high school."

"Yeah, that sour cream bit at the track meet was cruel." Nev flopped backward to a lying position. "Oh, and what about the time he stuck maxi pads all over your car windows with red dye squirted down the middle. Man they were so immature. They should have known better being so much older than us, but they were just idiots."

I chuckled at the memory as I pulled the dress on up over my hips. I adjusted the bodice to make sure my boobs were well packaged and then puckered my lips. "Yeah, they're still idiots." Turning toward the mirror again I fluffed my dark wavy hair. "How does my hair look? Should I put it up? Drew asked for it up."

"Screw him. He has no fashion sense. Besides, you're not a toy he can just play with." Nev pried herself off the bed and walked up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist and dropping her chin on my shoulder. "When are you going to find me a boyfriend as hot as yours? Maybe he can be rich too?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "You're twenty-five. Find your own boyfriend." I shrugged my shoulder to push her away and she backed off. "I thought you had a huge crush on Beck still. He'll be here before long, you know."

Nev strolled over to a box and peered inside nonchalantly. "I mean, he's cute and single still."

As if he'd heard us speaking about him, Beck knocked on the door. "Cici, I think Drew's out front."

I trudged over to the door, not quite ready yet, and opened to see Beck standing with a pint of ice cream in hand eating right out of the container. "Ew. I'm glad I'm not living here permanently."

"Yeah, get that apartment finished so you can get out and I can walk around in my boxers again." He grinned, then blanched. His eyes peered over my shoulder at what I assumed was Nev looking cute like usual.

Idiot.

"Can you tell him to wait?"

"Look, he's your date." He shoved a bite of ice cream into his mouth and suddenly stood a little taller, shoulders squared more than usual. "Try not to get all sappy and romantic tonight. I don't need you falling in love with him and ruining my business arrangements with him."

"You're ridiculous. Drew is the last person on Earth I'd ever fall in love with." I pushed past him and walked across the oversized living room, ignoring the niggling attraction I had toward Drew. My purse lay on the end table, and I reached for it to text Drew as I heard Nev flirting with Beck behind me.

Cici 6:43 PM: Dude you can't just sit on the street in your car. If this is a date, come to the friggen' door.

I hit send and dropped my phone then walked back into my bedroom to get my shoes and wrap. Nev made googly eyes at Beck who ate his ice cream like a slob. "How can you eat ice cream when you keep your loft below freezing?" I hoped my annoyed comment interrupted whatever odd chemistry they might be having.

"Maybe I keep it cold so the Ice Queen is comfortable." Beck spoke with his mouth full which made me gag. Nev snickered at his use of the nickname Drew gave me. I hated that nickname. I had only acted cold toward him because he pranked me and made fun of me so much. Mom told me boys only pick on the girls they like, but that was the worst way possible to make a woman like you, in my opinion. Of course, I had been seventeen at the time, and Drew twenty-nine.

"Maybe I should fall in love with Mr. Pratt, just to watch you squirm." I slid my feet into my black pumps and stood a few inches taller, both in height and status. Beck scowled at me just as the doorbell rang.

I had fully expected to return to my phone to a nasty text message from Drew saying this wasn't a real date and I had to walk my pretty ass out to the curb, and I was pleasantly surprised when the door opened and there he stood looking dapper as hell. His black tux had to be Armani, silver cufflinks and a red cummerbund. I felt like I was going to prom.

"Woah," Nev crooned. She leaned on the doorjamb with saucer eyes. I pushed my finger under her jaw and closed her mouth as I squeezed between her and Beck, trying not to get ice cream on my dress.

"Cici, you look lovely," Drew said, bowing at the shoulders. "I have your jewelry right here."

I was flattered. "Uh, thanks, Drew." I felt my cheeks warming both from nerves and arousal. His dark hair had been slicked back perfectly.

"I asked for hair up, but you were right to ignore me." He approached me, leaving the front door open to the cool night air. He draped a necklace around my neck, dripping with diamonds. "This will frame your face perfectly."

I held my hair out of the way as he clasped the necklace behind my neck. I touched it gently, afraid to ask how much it even cost. I was so mesmerized by the weight and beauty of it, I didn't even notice him produce a diamond tennis bracelet until he was fixing it to my wrist. I glanced at Nev who stood speechless while Beck stood next to her with an ice cream beard.

"And these," Drew said, pulling some earrings from his pocket. He held them out to me and winked. "Finish the look."

"I... uh...." I took the diamond teardrops with shaking fingers and gave an uncertain glance at Nev again. She nodded then vanished into the room and returned with the wrap that matched my dress. She picked up my purse and phone and hustled over to me.

"Have a great time," she whispered into my ear. My insides were jello.

"I'll try." I kissed her cheek, offered an annoyed look at Beck, and turned to Drew. "Shall we?" I asked, and he held out his arm like a true gentleman. God, Beck would be gloating if he knew what my groin was screaming right now. I had to keep my mind off how amazing Drew looked and focus on what a twat he had always been to me, or I'd never make it through the date.