Faking Forever Ch. 05

Story Info
Faking forever with my brother's best friend.
1.4k words
4.67
3.5k
2
3

Part 5 of the 17 part series

Updated 03/13/2024
Created 08/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The dress, the hair... I had to keep reminding myself to keep my eyes anywhere other than Cici's perfect curves. I had a great view of her cleavage but I managed to keep my gaze from being sucked into the chasm between her breasts. She sat to my left, taking tiny bites of her tiramisu. I was surprised by her pleasant demeanor the entire evening while discussing work. Winston and his wife loved her.

"Have you ever been to the Jean-Georges, Cici?" Mrs. Harper took a bite of her dessert and set her fork down politely.

"Uh, no. This is my first time." Cici's gaze turned toward the chandeliers. Gold chains strung them to the ceiling and draped across the room like fancy jewelry. "It's quite lovely."

"Hmphf," Winston grunted. "Pratt, you've never brought your fiancé here before?" His stern expression changed as soon as Cici opened her mouth.

"It's not fiancé--yet." She grinned and rubbed my forearm which was draped over the table. "And I'm really more of a burgers and shakes sort of girl. I think all of this is fantastic, but I don't mind simplicity either. Too much of a good thing and you forget how good you have it." She picked up her dessert fork and cut a bite of her tiramisu.

"Such a wise answer." Winston folded his hands in front of himself and planted his elbows on the table. "How did you two meet?"

"Well we--"

"I--"

Cici and I both spoke at the same time and she chuckled. "It's really quite a funny story. Drew and my brother Beck met in college and back then I had a huge crush on him. Drew came to my track meets and violin recitals. He even came to my prom."

"Oh... so high school sweethearts." He nodded. "Gloria and I were high school sweethearts."

Every word out of her mouth was a lie, but so close to the truth she pulled it off. I had been at her track meets--to sabotage them with pranks. And I went to one violin recital after she threw up because of the dead fish I put in her violin case. I felt bad that she got vomit on her dress and I brought her a new one. And the prom thing--well I had a prank planned that night, but she begged me to just let her have one night that didn't get ruined. I pulled the prank on Beck instead. I found out later she'd been stood up and felt even worse.

"Yes, well the heart always knows what it wants." She winked at me and took another bite of her dessert.

"You must know a lot about each other then." The tone of Winston's voice changed, as if he had something up his sleeve. My jaw tightened as he peered at me then turned to her. "What's his favorite color?"

Without missing a beat, Cici said, "Red." She grinned. "He loves this dress too."

"What is his favorite food?"

"Fried chicken. He won't admit it, but every time I stayed at the dorm with my brother Drew had a bucket of fried chicken. He was either eating it or it was empty from the night before."

Mrs. Harper chuckled. "He sounds like you, dear."

Winston scowled at his wife but I knew the scowl was directed at me. I could see right through his charade. He pried because he thought I was lying to him. I was, but I wasn't going to let his questioning work me up. Cici was handling herself like a pro.

"How long have you been dating?"

Cici looked at me and then looked thoughtful. "Gosh, I think our first date was six years ago?" She raised her voice like a question as she finished the sentence. "Yes, before I left for college." She frowned in such a great expression of acting she even had me fooled. "Long distance relationships are difficult. Any other person in the same town as me would have been living with me, having dates. You know, the usual."

She plunged her fork into her dessert but stopped short of scooping up a bite. "I just knew Drew was the one though. We made it work with phone calls and emails. He would come visit for summer holidays, and I'd travel home for Christmas and New Year's. Now, I'm here and the absence made my heart grow fonder." She took a bite and stared into my eyes. I imagined how amazing that tiramisu tasted, and I imagined her tongue sliding across mine with the faint hint of chocolate still lingering on it. She held my gaze for a moment and I felt a spark, something I'd never felt before.

"Well!" Mrs. Harper blurted. "Winston, it's time you stop badgering our guests." She stood and dropped her napkin. "Escort me to the ladies room, please."

Mr. Harper frowned but stood and followed his wife. When they were out of earshot I cleared my throat, but before I was able to say a word, Cici spoke.

"You're welcome."

"I'm welcome?"

"Yeah, I don't know what that was, but I have a feeling I just saved your ass." Her shoulders relaxed and she slouched for the first time all evening. "So, you're welcome."

"I was impressed." I paid her the genuine compliment because she earned it. She had surprised me with her quick wit.

"Thank you." She had the last bite of her dessert and wiped her mouth. A tiny trace of chocolate lingered in the corner of her mouth. My mouth watered, wanting to lick it off, but I behaved myself, using my own napkin to reach up and dab it away.

"Missed a bit." I found myself getting aroused by her, not just her looks or her curves, but her poise--her presence. My hand lingered longer than it should have near her face.

"Uh, Drew," she said, straightening. Our eyes met for a moment and then I realized Winston was back. I pulled away, and dived into a work-related discussion to save Cici from any other nonsense. Mrs. Harper chatted with her about jewelry and designer purses and I kept one ear tuned to her conversation as Winston offered me the use of his private cabin for a getaway with Cici. I doubted it was anything other than another attempt to prove we weren't really a couple.

Cici had been amazing though, and by the time the night was over, I was completely overwhelmed and impressed. I walked her to the car and closed the driver's compartment window. I wanted privacy for this conversation. The car pulled into traffic, headed toward Beck's flat and I settled in.

"You know, that really was impressive."

"What? Me schmoozing? I told you; I know how to work a crowd."

We rode in silence for at least fifteen minutes before I decided what to say next. "You look stunning tonight too." It felt awkward being nice to her too, like hugging Aunt Gertrude.

"Yeah?" she asked dryly. Her demeanor during dinner had all been an act, and a good one at that. But something told me that was who the real Cici was, not this cold, harsh shell she wore around me.

"Yes." I kept my eyes on her face. My cock was already swelling just being this close to her. I would have loved to have her right here, but Beck would kill me, and I knew it would be something Cici and I would later regret. This tension, though? And the chemistry I felt earlier--I had to investigate that.

"Well, I was just doing my job. Any chance I can get out of this fake arrangement now?" The car bounced down the road.

"It's a fake date, but dates usually have certain aspects to them...." I leaned closer. Her hard-to-get act turned me on.

"Really? And what do you think we've left undone tonight?" Her tongue drew along her bottom lip and my eyes followed it. Then my gaze dipped to her chest where the rented diamond necklace rested against the curve of her creamy skin, reaching into the void.

"Uh... well." The air thickened. Her eyes darted between my eyes and my mouth. She angled her body toward me and licked her lips again. I reached for her, pushing the hair off her shoulder and sliding my hand up beneath it. I hooked my fingers around the back of her neck as she leaned in.

The limo came to a stop and my body lurched. I lost my balance and had to brace myself on the door behind her. She looked up at me in shock and scooted away toward the door. "Uh, goodnight, Drew." She fumbled for the handle frantically and opened the door. "I'll give you the jewels back next time I see you." And then she was gone. Scurrying up the steps to Beck's flat faster than a mouse running from an elephant tent.

Smooth, Pratt. Real smooth.