All Comments on 'Fall and Rise'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 314 Comments (Page 2)
Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

Very good, feel good story. I think the drinking was over done and ending with him being thee dad was extreme. His wife Pauline was a true bitch and Daddy Dave was not his friend.

BigDee44BigDee44about 3 years ago

I think the sprained ankle would have been elevated and iced for a few days before that trip they took. Like the story very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

At least the author didn't paint the husband as a accepting cuckold. What is missing from the story is that the ex wife and former friend didn't suffer any consequences for their actions. The only one to suffer is the guy who did nothing wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved the first 4 pages, then you made this a farce. He winds up screwing a girl on Halloween. As he see a injured women in the street he helps her, she is 4months pregnant they date and screw even with the mothers blessing. What kind of mother does that! After 3 dates she heads out and leaves the 2 love birds alone to have fun. Then he gets to see his buddy boss tell him the girl he got pregnant at his Halloween party. What odds ,a billion to one. Sorry just doesn’t cut it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was OK. Kind of perfunctory, with the best friend being the predator and the wife just randomly, haphazardly, unpredictably, falling in love with the best friend. And of course as the whole seduction and loss of love and respect for the husband took place the poor dumb shit never had a clue, an inkling, the slightest bit if intuition. A marriage that shallow and distant wasn't much of a loss anyway.

Glad he ended up with a better woman. Hope he's smarter and more discerning to keep her.

Thanks for the effort.

stinger82stinger82about 3 years ago

Loved the story and think the twist you threw in about the baby was an excellent decision.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow that all I can say. I enjoyed the story so much that I read it a couple of times. Definitely a 5 star ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟 ratings. Keep it up and thank you for your lovely story.

Ali Singapore

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago

And then the baby came out black. Sorry, couldn't help myself. LW is a pretty cynical little corner of the world after all.

Nice little story. Gave it 5 stars. Real life. No BTB. He didn't hit the lottery. He met a woman he loved, and had a decent happy life together. I think it would have been better without the part about Pauline and Dave having issues (although I'm sure many in LW loved that and wished much more than what you wrote), but I think it took away from your point of the story. His previous life had turned upside down and he needed to find a new one and enjoy that. The part about Pauline and Dave having issues takes the reader back to the wanting the revenge, and all that stuff, which I felt was the opposite of what this story was about.

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 3 years ago

Thanks BG33. Very entertaining tale. Personally wanted more vengeance, especially on the supposed best friend but this was much more realistic. Have certainly missed your stories! Thanks again.

Killian

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Good writing, felt very real and not overblown like a lot of the stories here (don't get me wrong, those are fun too). Especially the conversations with the ex, where she wasn't vindictive, but definitely avoiding blame for how she had shafted him. Was good that even though he didn't go all scorched earth, he stuck to his guns and didn't feel the need to be friends with someone who really didn't care much about him, despite her pretensions to the contrary. Personally didn't think it needed the disclaimer at the beginning, but you never can tell around here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Crap

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Reed, he didn't divorce her, she divorced him, A fine point, maybe, but especially given that she felt bad, and wanted as amicable situation as possible, there was a significant burden on her to soften the blow wherever possible. Two things that she could have done was to STRONGLY discourage the "Daddy Dave" crap, and to waive child support. It may be court-ordered, but she doesn't have to take it. The court only gets involved when the ex wants it and he refuses to pay. Given her remarks about him not having the money for the game system shows that she KNEW the payments were putting a strain on his finances.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

I was beginning to dislike this story, then u threw in he was the father of her baby, being a softy from way back, l loved it.

5/5 and thank you for a great story.

Regguy69Regguy69about 3 years ago

So seldom do drunken hook ups provide anything more than a few moments of enjoyment, except maybe a nasty STD or unwanted pregnancy. Glad this one worked out well for the MC.

Well written, as usual. I very much enjoy your stories, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Welcome back! Another well written story by BG33; I can get through a shaky storyline, that is written well, but I can never get through a poorly written story, no matter how good the concept is. It's so nice to see you gifting us readers with good, well written stories again.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Hard to like a story where the cheating wife and his supposed best friend live happily ever after and the shit on husband suffers all over the consequences and fall out from his wife cheating on him. Daddy Fucking Dave wondering about the slut maybe cheating on him at the very end falls way short.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 3 years ago

Quite realistic. Could have been a bit more from the Ex-wife's side of the coin as it were. But a well done story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The man, myth legend is back!! And we readers are thankful!! Great story, they all are from this author.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago

I liked it, there was a realism to it though as others have pointed out Sam could of gotten the child support payments knocked down given the income disparity,and the 2 days a month would be ridiculous given he was not an abuser or something, they would have joint custody.

And yes Pauline is fooling herself as did Dave. He obviously went after her and she let him, this wasn't sine weird instance, she let her marriage fall apart, and she never once acknowledges she did the wrong thing. Dave basically was a loser who couldn't find a woman to love him,so used his friendship w Pauline and Sam to weasel his way in, I could imagine it,he shows interest.in her,flatters her,a min w 2 kids, then gets her to talk about worries, perhaps financial w 2 kids going to be at college in 4 or 5 yrs, he talks about his business and vroom, she drops a ton of bricks on him. I think Pauline is worse than a selfish bitch,she is a selfish bitch who convinces herself she isn't, she has every excuse for why she let Sam suffer, in the end she really didn't care.Her caring was her trying not to be guilty. Much worse to have someone appear caring than her. And yes she sets Sam up, when the girls pull the stunt with going away his weekend a good woman wouldn't have put him on the spot like that and the crap about Daddy Dave was cruel, no one is that stupid. Sam reacts badly and that is what she wanted, she wants him out of the picture so Dave and she can have it all. Ole Saddletramp would write a sequel where Pauline and Dave end up with the woman with the paintings, maybe caught when Dave comes home one day with a gun and kills Pauline,figuring she cheated on him then blew his own brains out.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

Very nice, and a clever hookup-pregnancy angle. A very nice bad to worse to better to best story. Most divorce stories just stay pretty sad for at least one party...

PedroticaPedroticaabout 3 years ago

I loved this story! Obviously, while Sam is going through is tough period we all know something good will happen, but the way it spins out is delightful. (I especially liked that Holly’s mom was so supportive.). The true-dad twist was unexpected but, I agree, just perfect. Thank you for sharing this!

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesabout 3 years ago

Loved the twist at the end with Holly's baby being fathered by Sam when they were in a drunken hookup at Tim's party. So you see, Mr. Peabody, there is such a thing as "meant to be."

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

When the visitation ended and the kiddies got to busy to see daddy, the child support would have ended, too. The visition holliday had about 6-8 month head start on the support payments. Make the bitch take you to court, where you can discuss both issues.

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

As torn up as he was, I would have been tempted to take a couple pictures of good buddy Dave, along with 5 $100 bills, ripped in half, and an aluminum baseball bat, to a few playgrounds.

The prevelance of female submissiveness, and the ability to seduce them, is greatly ignored. Bad boys get fucked all the time. Good guys are the ones that invariably get fucked over.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

Very good. Unfortunately sometimes life throws you curveball but it's how you react that's important. Pauline fell in love with someone else so I suppose he wasn't left to live in a less than loving relationship. At least it worked out for him. I did want Pauline's marriage to crumble but maybe that was asking too much. 5 stars

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
KARMA DOES NOT HAVE TO BE NEGATIVE

but It definitely should be getting some kind of even with someone. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I request LW authors to write a follow up with the cheating wives POV where she suffers and finally realize her great mistake and truly apologize to Sam.

Please!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 3 years ago

As always the writing is excellent. The story flows well in an almost linear fashion. I find myself a bit depressed after reading some of these stories because of the aftermath of a divorce and how one of the parties wallows in self pity and then overcomes it to lead a fulfilling life. The happy ending should overcome the depression, but it doesn't for this reader. That is not a slight on the author, but on the unrestrained emotions of this reader. Unfortunately it makes a 5 rating and four.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ending was a little short and a bit incomplete, but still a decent story.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

An excellently told story that reflects reality very closely! Only when dealing with his daughters would I like to say that 13 and 12 year old girls understand very well what is going on around them. He would have been right to point out to his daughters that being named DaddyDave is painful for him and to ask them to name him differently. Adolescents also grow in size when treated like adolescents rather than young children. Also, I can't understand why there should be any need for him to talk to his ex other than about things that affect his daughters! But that is just my own attitude and does not detract from the good story!

argeelogargeelogabout 3 years ago

Well written and good flow. I agree with previous anonymous that it would be nice if a wife like Pauline would finally understand that she cheated. We’ve seen other stories in LW with a similar scenario where the wife falls for hubby’s best friend and divorces him with an “it just happened” attitude. How about a final “oh shit” awakening. This story would have been perfect to do that as the author sure had hubby remind her multiple times exactly what she did but she didn’t “get it”.

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

Excellent story which held my attention from start to finish.

danbo56danbo56about 3 years ago

great story flowed well and kept me interested but i think there is another story to be told at the end you mentioned that Pauline and Dave where having problems would be nice to see there world fall apart after the destruction they had caused but otherwise great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved your story big guy - thank you for a really good read!

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Thanks!

What a delight - a reasonably realistic story about a "loving wife" and the aftermath of her infidelity. And, no story characters were physically or mentally harmed, publicly humiliated, or sold into sexual slavery!! Very refreshing, BigGuy.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A wonderfully well-crafted story! Sam was a badly-hurting divorced guy who was adjusting horribly to being alone and getting the droppings per time with his kids. The hard drinking and dark times were dreadful; he was lucky to have a decent friend in Tim who helped him with job and support. Then along comes Holly just as he has righted himself; and they are able to help each other and build a good life together! This was a wrenching, credible, and eventually hopeful tale! Fab arc and denouement! TY!

GillotineGillotineabout 3 years ago

I can't wait for the Lifetime movie...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well, that was a rather disturbing story. He finds a woman hurt in the street and insinuates himself into her life, but she's not the least bit concerned about such creepy behavior. Then, when he decides to finally check on his daughters, he doesn't call in advance, he simply flies into town and appears suddenly on the doorstep. That's the kind of behavior that results in restraining orders. The ending made me laugh though: it must be a match made in heaven when two drunken sluts create a baby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I bet Pauline’s maiden name was French. Hubby number 2 is probably right to be concerned. I’ll bet she’s getting ready to ‘better deal’ him now that the girls are mostly grown. Liked the baby-daddy twist. I always get a little green around the gills reading the “Oh, you’re a single pregnant girl but I’ll marry you and love your bastard kid” stories. Or the “We’re married and you present me with another man’s child but, I’ll love it as my own” stories. I don’t care what anybody says or what’s PC nowadays. If you know ahead of time or, you find out later that the child is not your blood then, that bond just does not develop or fades significantly depending on which circumstance it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The author might want to do better research in the future regarding divorce laws and ex spouse remarriage. There is no state in the country where the ex husband couldn't get his child support reduced due to the wife's remarriage. Just sayin'...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ending was pretty quci and incomplete. Could have been a 5 but you will have to settle for a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Liked Anon's "Conversation between Pauline and Sam after 2 years"

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

I had expected this. Pauline was forever trying to get me to talk about this. I figured she mostly wanted to mitigate her own guilt but I supposed it was time for us to have another conversation. After inhaling and exhaling deeply, I answered.

.

.

NEVER let the slut explain, that is the one thing that will cause them more pain than anything else

They have to find a way to justify themsselves. You could have a threeway with their mom and sister and it wouldnt bother the whore as much as not being able to explain

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Very good story! Well written and flowed so nicely. Very enjoyable! Thank - you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"The mother almost always gets custody..." Is just not true anymore. These stories mostly seem like they are from 1970. In a modern marriage, the caregiver is determined by a formula, not by gendre.

Get out of the 20th century, Please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ANON - You must have lived in some alternate dimension. Things certainly were like that when I got divorced in 2000! In case your math is bad that's the 21st century PLEASE!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but the author missed the opportunity to explore Pauline's feelings on their divorce. The conversation she had with Sam could have opened an interesting part of the story. Did Pauline regret the divorce, were her and David having problems in their marriage. Sam seemed to think so at one point. What were the children's feelings about the divorce. Rather than just concentrating on Sam's despair and recovery I think it would have made a more interesting story if the author had explored more facets of the relationships.

other2other1other2other1almost 3 years ago

I liked it, felt like it ended too quickly and there was a missed opportunity between Holly and Pauline. I really liked the drunk call, it was well done. The angst that I felt for him when he got booted out of the home made my chest tight and I wish there had been some type of payback the truly made Pauline feel blackly, or the girls giving her the cold shoulder. Wound up as I was I hope someone can write something that feels like there is real consequences to treating someone she had kids with that way ;)

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Sam's despair and recovery made an interesting story. Pauline's attitude was so bad that as a reader it made me hate and despise her character, she had absolutely no empathy toward Sam, in fact in the end she said she didn't realize how bad he had it, that was a cop out. She was a self centered, lying, cheating despicable excuse for a human being that cared of nothing but her own new life and there was no consequences for her for actions in the divorce. Pauline allowed children basically to turn their backs on their dad was also he fault as she made no attempt to allow more than minimum access to them. I loved the twist in the story where after hitting rock bottom and during his recovery Sam meets a very pregnant Holly then falls in love with her, at that point he truly begins his road to recovery and then to find out that the child she was carrying was in fact was his was truly a blessing. The story while interesting lacked the detail in the end of Sam's final recovery with his newly created family. In the final part of the story we learn that that Dave was now having trust issues with Pauline, that part of the story needs to be explored. We can only wish that Pauline would get caught cheating on Dave and her marriage would crash and burn leaving her with nothing and that would be true karma and give some consequences for her actions

As far as the as the writing it was well done and I enjoyed the read. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mostly good, but the ending was a little short. Would have liked to see the lose ends fully tied up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was hoping for that twist with the baby, it was quite poetic (and extremely pleasure to my inner karma monster👹) WHOO HOOOOO!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

Okay, I really liked it BUT........ The sanctimonious bitch needed to be burned more. And his kids-they were teenagers, all right, and that's why God made parents. of course, mom did not help any. The Bear approves. 6 stars. He took his own sweet time getting his shit together, but it was understandable. Everyone deals with this crap in their own way. Keep them coming, big guy. I'll keep reading.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So many MCs retreat into bottle!! Why? I have seen many divorces as there are more divorces than marriages. Most have issues. Usually anger. As in my case. Some carry it to point of destroying each other's cars etc. I actually know a few of friendly divorces. Do have in family and friends marriages over 50 years some few over 75. But. Only know a few who retreated into alcohol and most of them already had alcohol problem. Most have money problems when children are not grown (I was one) but you take heart in knowledge age happens. Move on. He went too fast from drunk (alcohol poisoning) to total dry out.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Good story. 5 stars!

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Pretty accurate portrayal of a wronged man and his legal and economic options in this society. Personally I don't get the whole "my last hyper-sexual woman cheated on me, so let's try another hyper-sexual woman."

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

I like this story because the protagonist ends up in a better place and while there's no BTB, the bitch and the "friend" don't exactly get off scott free. None of this "we can all be friends" stuff. As always, a great story BigGuy33!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok story, but lacking any payback on the cheaters. Oh well.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

A rare success, in that both plots (the best friend/cheating wife/estranged daughters, and then also the rebound romance) are compelling. Usually in such LW tales, most of the energy is with the story of the cheating wife. When the typical narrative moves on to the MC meeting a new love, the drama leaks out of the tale. That's not the case here.

.

Another strong point is the sheer emotion driving the first part of the story : all that bitterness and anger makes for gripping reading. When BigGuy tells a story with emotion he succeeds, when a story lacks powerful emotions he mostly fails. Anyway, this one is an easy 5 star effort.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

I'm glad he reconnected with his daughters, but that wasn't his fault...

Pauline said in her one voicemail, "... They always assumed they could see you whenever they wanted and to finally find out that was no longer the case struck them deeply."

The thing is...? Since he hadn't talked to them for five or more months, it meant they hadn't *wanted* to see him for five or more months.

What sort of testament was that as to their love for him...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a fucking DIRTBALL

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Like Ambivalence, I was pissed at Puta Pauline when she blamed him for hurting his daughters. They were HAPPY they didn't have to visit him and never called in 6 months.

For an even happier ending; we can only hope Dave cheats with a married woman whose husband cuts his nuts off. HAHAHAHAHA!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very good story i really enjoy it.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

It was mentioned very briefly at the end that Pauline and Dave were having some problems. Would have liked to see that worked into the storyline a bit more.

Also there was no mention of the fact that by running off with the best friend that Sam lost the two people he was closest to. Losing your wife is hard enough but, not having a best friend to help get through it is devastating yet, that angle was never mentioned.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

This story seems cemented in, IDK, 1958. And very white.

I mean, the notion that these daughters could be excused for acting like true douche bags by either parent seems uniquely white. I grew up Black. We were always taught to be considerate, at least to grown people. The notion that they would even WANT not to see their father seems unrealistic, unless he was abusing them, which he wasn't.

It's a nice farcical tale but, in reality, more than financial considered when establishing custody and planning for childrens' upbringing post-divorce. It's not the cut-and-dried male-oppressed nonsense that permeates these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally a man in a literotica story...

I'm work shopping a new definition, a man is someone who know he is responsible for his own life and happiness. These losers who kill themselves because some pussy that was never theirs decides to be filled by someone else are just pathetic. He fell, dusted himself off and made himself happy. he didn't even need those bitches he calls daughters in his life

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never have understood a cheater marrying the person they cheated with, I mean how could they ever trust the other?

I mean if she will cheat on a husband once to the point of destroying a family, why wouldnt she, or he, do it again.

For th girl, marrying someone willing to be with a married woman, with kids, while stabbing a friend in the back. I mean no one would ever trust him in anything.

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

Another SWAMP DONKEY joins the herd

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story until the twist. That made it very good. Thank you

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Fun story with a great twist. I always love the guilt trips the hubby puts on the ex, but he's right. The one wanting the divorce to just take care of they're needs and wants is a very selfish and uncaring person.

When the wife says in some these stories: "Gee I just want to go out and find another guy, you are boring or you are losing your hair or I need a little variety or I just want to go out and look around but I'll be back", all those things are true and happen in real life. Women! You can't live with them and you can't kill them! 5 stars

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
quote You're intent on twisting things to make me seem evil unquote

But she was evil. ergo

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah, the girl's assumed that they could see you when they wanted too. That didn't appear to be for months. Like daddy was a toy to be put in a box until they decided to play with him again. The girls got what they deserved. Mom was most at fault for not stressing to the daughters that they needed to spend time with dad

I am glad they finally got back into a relationship however.

I also happy with the twist that he was Holly's baby's daddy.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

I forgot just how much I missed your works.

Quality transcends time and this was really good

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was convinced the baby would be Mexican or Black . That was a nice twist in this Story . 5 Stars from Me . In My Case My Daughter helped My Ex screw me over big time My Daughter who had always been Daddy's little princess . Lied on the stand so that Her mother could get more from Me .. I gave them 40 k if they would take back their Mother's maiden name . At Least She never knew about the house and the 250 thou I was given by my Grandmother .I Love Safety deposit boxes in My Grandfathers name

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but the ending is a bit weak. Definitely a 5 star 🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

This author only seems to write about men with no self respect or balls. This is only a 1 star story at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sam’s lecture to Pauline needs to be preserved & promulgated throughout the land.

It’s a very harsh reality as to what divorce does to most husbands. Unless he’s abusive or cheating,

Divorcing a husband is the most terrible & selfish thing a woman can do.

Aside for the terrible loss, shame & feelings of worthlessness, the husband is also pauperized.

It’s inconceivable (to me) that a woman could that to someone she had loved.

This is truly a heart rendering tale.

I’m reaffirming my solid 5 star rating.

Well done pig, well done.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sam’s baby? What are the odds? And if “Daddy Dave” is leaving Pauline it’s probably because she deserves it. Very nice story, BigGuy, thanks.

5⭐️s.

davezqdavezqover 2 years ago

The other comments have covered it, but just want to say I enjoyed it as well. Especially liked the baby with the unknown father turning out to be Sam's. That was a nice touch.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

Dlh143 is spot on.

"Big"guy writes pathetic male characters.

He seems to not have even the slightest understanding of how men act and react.

It's a shame as he is literate (somethig a lot of writers on this site are not)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh my!! I'm not finished with the story, BUT!!! He's paying child support, living relatively poorly, while his ex wife's married. WHY does he have to pay that support? His actions with his daughters at the time they wanted to end the weekend visits (& before) is not what a man would've done. Back to reading; just had to comment lest I forget. --Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wrote a bit earlier, but now finished the story. Liked it but drinking himself into an ER & almost killing himself wasn't the answer. Should've answered the girl's texts by telling them how he felt. They may be growing up & having their own lives, but eliminating him is compounding his hurt, humiliation, & portrayal. When he flew back to get the girls, he shouldn't have placed all the blame on him: they may not be adults, but they're not kids either.

Perhaps act a bit stronger against his ex, especially in the matter of child support when she's married. The apology to Pauline: he may've been drunk, but what he said was true, and seemed to be his strongest up to & just after that time. The author presents him as weak, which is unfortunate. -- Bob

ian0452ian0452over 2 years ago

Very well written didn’t see that ending coming. A great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another author who thinks that teenagers don't have two brain cells to rub together. They are actually more viscous and selfish than there adult counterparts.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Every time I read this story, his girl's actions piss me off. When he asked if they wanted to do away with the visitation, and they cheered, I would have told them, if you can not do weekends, this is goodbye.

Let them know upfront what is going to happen.

It took them six months to realize he had left.

They were so self-obsessed that they paid no attention to him until they might get presents for Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story! Well written. I enjoyed it very much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I expected more details on the karma retribution Pauline recieved. She should have a taste of her own medicine.

"I didn't plan it. I didn't want it to happen.It just happened" - this is the most pathetic explanantion for cheating. Forsaking all others -That says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a pretty good story. 5 stars. As the other commenter said, it is strange about the reaction to the divorce, of the teenage daughters. Pretty much showed, they were as shallow as their mom. Beyond that, I think it displayed that not all men who go through divorces are super hero’s, or end up marrying super models. Just a hard working guy, who kept his nose to the grind stone for his family. Once betrayed, he fell apart, after wifey spiritually and financially gutted him. One of the casualties of the woman’s movement, has been the hard working, family man. Women still want to get married, and they want a partner who will physically wear himself down, for 40 years plus. To create a safe haven, for his wife and offspring. However, today’s young men are not interested in doing that. They have seen the destruction divorce has wrought on uncles, or maybe even their father. As young females start taking on traditional male roles, the men stop. So now, besides trying to fulfill both gender roles, the woman has to actually support the man, who now has more leisure time, to go to the gym, or meet other girls. So by making men irrelevant, women now seek out a good looking sperm donor, who usually has a blowoff job, probably lives in his parents basement. Congratulations ladies- you have managed to get it all, and now have to do the work of two people, to keep it. As a cigarette and used to say, “ you’ve come a long way baby”, ( or have you? )

marshamaymarshamayabout 2 years ago

I loved it. I always enjoy happy endings. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Should have been some more concrete punishment for Pauline and Dave. You don't always have to go to the bottom before you go to the top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's arguable that the "child support" paid for that Nintendo, along with anything else purchased for the kids, and Dave just got credit for it. Actually, that's pretty much how that goes in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good story. Early on Sam seemed really bitter about his whole divorce situation. I guess I was really lucky that my late wife and I never had that kind of problem. I’ll put up with a lot of shit but betrayal ain’t one of those things. So I kinda thought Sam went pretty easy on Pauline. And Dave too. When he hit him and knocked him down he should have kicked him in the nuts four or five times. Right or wrong that’s pretty much the way I handle being betrayed by people I trusted. Good story, BigGuy. Thanks for sharing.

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 2 years ago

You did a great job of portraying the anger that comes from this. It doesn’t go away easily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love the comments about the author not having a clue about men or teenagers. It's obvious this dude has never had kids nor a relationship likely. Either that or bugguy is actually biggal and completely delusional. Once again this story is absent any realism or believability. Needs to move out if mommas basement. Nitwit.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 2 years ago
I wonder why so many readers identify with this kind of storyline.

The protagonist in the story is so very self-destructive and is constantly wrapping himself in his victimhood. I just don’t get why so many men want to see themselves as being destroyed by women. And by that, I mean being out of control, raging, binge drinking and destroying all of one’s relationships.

I’ve had good relationships, and not good relationships. The greatest common denominator in all of them, was me. I shit on plenty of women when I was younger and stupider. Some of them shit on me. When I finally got my act together and started treating people decently, life improved. What a wonder.

I believe the measure of a man is how he treats those around him, and how he takes care of himself. If you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of anyone else. So, how is somebody destroying himself and people around him, considered a man?

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Dont

Me I don't agree with the daughter rebonding.They had limited time with their father and teenagers or not they could see their friends anytime.They ,with their mother's help played a shitty trick on him, on what should have been his weekend .Also where did they stay when they visited him for Fathers day?.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Some beach, what a twist! Love this one even if I do think the teenage daughters were a bit much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories