All Comments on 'Fall and Rise'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 310 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

There is no more men get every other weekend bullshit. Good grief do u know anyone who has been divorced in the past 20 years. Nowadays equal time is more common and 2 weekends a month never happens unless the father wants it. As soon as she gets married the new income of husband is now included in formula.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

bigguy33 lives lol 6 pages huh i'll read it later cant wait

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

His wife violated the custody agreement by letting the girls go away on his weekend. Neither the girls nor the ex can make plans around that he does not agree to.

These girls are brats. Teenagers roll their eyes and act embarrassed. They do not cut off contact with a parent for months. Text, facetime or any of 100 other ways of contacting him exist. This is from the 80s maybe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic wimp

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

He flew back after disapearing for over 6 months? His daughters were so excited to see him they complained about their weekend being screwed up? Pauline is an awful person. Just awful. The twist about the baby being his might have seemed clever when you thought of it, but was anything but. She never told him the story, but they were saying they loved each other? Pretty massive Lepanto in the room don't you think.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

"Jeez, dad," said Wendy. "You're almost done with us and now you might be starting over. That's another 18 years. You do know you're almost 40, don't you?"

.

Yeah this time the kid might not grow up to stab him in the back

They were teenagers, they were calling the guy who destroyed their family daddy, they knew he lived in a shitty apartment and only got to see them for 36 hours once every two weeks, they didnt notice hw had moved away for six months

Fuck them and their whore mother

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

At the point in the story where Sam actually apologize to Pauline I was so angry that I was about to give this story a 1. I mean there's just so unbelievably wrong. Sure he was drunk but Pauline and Dave deserved although vulgar language that Sam could come up with.

.

Even worse is that in the beginning of the story the teenage daughters have no idea that same as moved to another state be called Pauline hasn't told them.Yet somehow for some reason midway through the story same as apologizing to Pauline?

. Just revolting.

.

On the other hand the final conversation between Pauline and Sam when he returns from North Carolina to visit his daughters was actually pretty good. Sam was strong and forceful and direct and finally got Pauline to realize that she is a vile contemptible cunt.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

I love happy endings!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
So, once again, a well written story

And as you point out in the end, this could be any one of a million families that get divorced every year. It was nothing special. Not every Dad moves far away and climbs into a bottle. Not every drunk (man or woman) exits the hospital and gives up drinking on their own. The coincidence of the baby belonging to Sam was a good twist albeit a highly unlikely scenario. Stranger things have happened. The bad part for me was the relationship between Sam and Pauline. Given his anger, I don't see how he remained civil at all, given her attitude. He should have never gone to the door to pick up the girls, instead let them come out to him. That way he avoids confrontations with Pauline. After all, weekend warriors really don't have much to say in the girls lives. When he left I think it would have been more realistic or at least plausible that he never sees the girls again. And I sure as hell would have gone back to court to get the child support erased given Dave's money. But the woulda, coulda, shoulda factor is always around. Well written but depressing story. Try again. One of these days you're going to have a lead male character REALLY come out on top.

3 stars

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

A FANTASTIC story! I hated Sam for his actions and childish behaviour because that’s an all too common situation in divorces. I hated how he treated his kids and even for the length of time he hated his ex wife.

Because that happens.

I hated it because it was so accurate and that’s why I love it.

I even liked the sappy ending and the realization that Sam was the father. But one thing that sticks with me is the hate he holds for Pauline.

Guys don’t hold grudges like that, plus, that much hate either burns out or eats you alive-poisoning your heart and your relationships. At some point, you just get tired of hating.

But other then that, it was a great story.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago

Glad to see you back.

Hope to see more from you. Thank you.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 3 years ago

It was going well....as well as it could with a spineles protagonist........then he flew back and apologised to his ex.

That dropped the score by 3.

1*

greenday0418greenday0418about 3 years ago

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good story! A Great read! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

It reminds me of the Matt Moreau story, 'Thicker Than Blood'. Though less intense and lighter in scope. Neither of which should be considered a detriment.

While I understand why teenagers would want to skip out on seeing Dad, because they want to hang out with their friends, perhaps, having it pointed out to them that Sam only gets to see them 4 days out of the month, that is only 13% of the month, may have been pertinent.

Really liked the part were Sam gets his say with Pauline. The traditional wedding vows, "...To Love, Honor and Cherish, Forsaking all others..." refers to more than just avoiding sexual intercourse, rather to stay loyal to your spouse, PERIOD!!

The whole Sam/Holly having a baby via the Halloween one night stand, before actually meeting, was a pretty good twist.

Thank-you for the wonderful read.

Pasqual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He should have just moved on.....his daughters didn't want him so why bother trying

.

Gmann006Gmann006about 3 years ago

I liked the twist at the end as well, The whole story was good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

good to see you back, Not bad for a come back story, definitely waiting for more to come.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

This story should be for all of the guys calling a man a cuck if he doesn’t immediately divorce the bitch and burn her and her boyfriend as badly as possible. The life and anger expressed in this story sure sound real.

If you reconcile with your wife, you MAY be able to repair things. Might not work, but if you don’t try, you’ll never know. If you divorce and you have kids, this story is what you have to look forward to.

The parties and one night stands? How did the main character know if a chick he banged was really single? Answer is, he didn’t. How does he know that Holly was the onl one he knocked up? He doesn’t.

The baby turning out to be his? Pretty contrived, but even so he now knows that Holly is capable of going out, getting drunk and getting laid by some random guy.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

It was a great story and I really liked the twist that the baby was Sam's all along. It wasn't that implausible as they lived in the same town and obviously had good enough chemistry to sleep together the first time.

Did you realise though that this is almost identical to your earlier story "Betrayed"?

The blue collar husband is betrayed by his wife, leaving him for the richer best friend. The daughter(s) effectively choose the mother over their father, so the devastated ex-husband moves away to start a new life. He meets a single mom and builds himself a better life, eventually reconciling with the estranged daughter(s).

Where this story is a huge improvement, is that all the new kids with the younger woman are actually his. Also, the new woman doesn't stab him in the back, like Holly does in "Betrayed".

5* for writing a much improved version of the older story.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

Remember the dissatisfaction people had with Mr Anderson’s February Sucks, because the main character didn’t immediately dump his wife, because they had kids? This is what he had to look forward to if he had.

Impo_64Impo_64about 3 years ago

For some time I was thinking this would be a @MM's kind of story. Fortunately I was wrong. The only similarity is the cheating wife selfish character- 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The first page almost made me too angry to enjoy the rest which is pretty unusual in my. Usually the divorce and betrayal in this type of story is handled in such a manner that I don't feel the despair coming from the husband. That I felt it enough to be enraged for the MC is a testament to your ability to draw the reader into your world. Either that or I am just pissed off in general due to cramps :) -starsong

lee5456lee5456about 3 years ago
Wow

A damn fine story

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 3 years ago

I completely agree with your “afterward “ self-critic. The twist of Holly carrying Sam’s baby catapulted this story from 5*’s to 10*’s plus fireworks. Thanks for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Different States Different Laws

I divorced after 21 yrs for abandenment in 2002 after my ex left the state (MO) we lived in for her hometown 3 states (IN) away with my girls. I could have charged her with kidnapping but was trying to reconcile. I got most of my visitation over the summer because of the geographical distance. If she had stayed in the same town as me I would have been an every other weekend dad. My ex-often made it difficult for me to see my daughters because I was AD military and going back to court would never change that. By the decree she was supposed to split transportation costs but never did. When my oldest daughter dissed me over Christmas vacation her Junior yr in HS, I was the bad guy becuse it was a non-refundable ticket. My daughter and I, had a strained relationship for the next 12 yrs because she lied to her mother about the arraingements. My ex didn't cheat she was just an undiagnosed bipolar bitch (she was finally diagnosed at 57🤣). That was 19 yrs ago and it took years to have some kind of relationship with my daughters because of the decades long parental alienation. I still don't have much of a relationship with my oldest (son). But hey he's married now (almost 40,) with a 1 yr old, but is a burgeoning alcoholic (no I don't drink, never did). He picked it up in college and has only increased his consumption since. The point to all this is every state has different divorce laws. Where you live may be better about father's rights but not all states are and if you're AD military you are doubly screwed. The courts are biased towared women and yes, against men. I work with a man who has custody of his three kids because his wife ran off. She is a deadbeat mom by decree but the state doesn't care and won't even pursue her. They found her once but whereas a man would get arrested for back child support, she was left alone. He has filed several times with the court to get back CS but to date nothing has happened. This was a more than plausible story about the divorce details, the rest was just fun. I liked it, 5*

KayaknhKayaknhabout 3 years ago
I liked it.

Nicely done especially the final square off with his ex.

The baby's heritage was a lovely twist.

Thanks.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Very enjoyable read and loved the Sam/Holly twist. Pauline was just a selfish woman and very unlikable which definitely filled the role of evil ex. Keep the story's coming.

VinastodaVinastodaabout 3 years ago

As they say the best revenge is to live a happy life. I know, I know cliche but it works. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Well done.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 3 years ago

Very good story. 5*

However, the revelation that he was the father was NOT a surprise. A surprise would have been that he was not.

I kept wondering when Holly and Tim would meet for the big reveal.

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

Enjoyed your story BG33! Loved the twist at the end!

Jneric

Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveabout 3 years ago

Whackdoodle ... the hate doesn’t always disappear. It just finds a place way down deep that you don’t look at often. After a divorce from a cheating piece of shit I married the perfect person for me. I’ve have 25 years of joy. I wouldn’t piss on my ex if she was on fire. Now after her 5th imploded marriage and a growing alcohol problem I still feel no pity or concern for her. Truthfully I barely think of her. If I do it’s to be glad she was the piece of shit she is so I could find the love I have... but there are painful memories that time does not erase.

It was a good story. The spiral into alcohol seems like an easy rock bottom without having to really hit the emotions it take to get there. (My only structural criticism)... it’s hard to drink yourself into that hole. I know I tried. But it can’t last because being drunk isn’t always an escape. Often it’s a magnifying g glass that makes the suffering far worse.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

With rich "Daddy Dave," why does he have to pay child support?

/

"we weren't sure if...when you'd be able to do it." - Maybe if you didn't demand the child support that you don't need, he'd be better able to do it.

/

Why do people who rip your heart out want you to "get past your anger?"

/

"it's not like I can tell them to schedule their lives around my dad's custody schedule." - But they say there's something going on almost every weekend. It's not like he could just have them the next weekend.

/

He should definitely petition for reduced or no child support. They don't need it, and now he doesn't even get his visitation.

/

I think he's being too hard on himself regarding his kids. Yes, he could have handled himself better, but Pauline messed up big time. SHE should have stepped up and first of all offered her next weekend to Sam, and reminded her daughters that Sam only had them four days a month, that they should plan their outings for her weekends, since she has them all week anyway.

/

"Nothing that can't be postponed. This is more important." - Too bad she didn't realize that before.

/

Her pleading ignorance on his financial condition is ridiculous! She KNOWS how much they made. She KNOWS that with Dave SHE'S now got more money, she HAS to know that with child support he has to have even less while she has even more. She could have refused child support.

/

When he saw the unfamiliar car, I saw (hoped!) that she was cheating on Dave.

/

Wow! I thought it was going to turn out to be Tim's kid, or he knew who might be the father - NEVER thought that it was Tim's!

/

"Dave was having some trust issues with being married to a woman that had previously cheated on her husband." - She'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you.

/

@Xzy89c1, god knows I'm a big offender here, but I'm TRYING to accept that the author's reality can be different from real life.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 3 years ago

Fantastic effort. One of the best stories on this site in weeks and weeks. The only thing I’ll offer as critique is this: a slow burning angst tale needs cathartic release at or near its conclusion...and that catharsis needs to be directly tied to the source of the pain we’ve watched your character undergo.

The slow, admittedly authentic re-emergence here is good, but one climactic scene of satisfaction within it would have done wonders.

Interest, by Oshaw, is a great example of a story with a slow burn setup that becomes a masterpiece thanks to its cathartic conclusion.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Simply an amazing, believable story of pain, loss, and recovery. You created a believable universe that many of us reader can relate to. Your characters were "real" and people we could relate, enhancing our buy-in to your world. I loved the twist at the end for two reasons. First, I thought you were going to blowup Sam's life by having Tim be the father and that would have been a cruel, yet entertaining twist. Second, I truly hope that people like Sam get their salvation, so having it be Sam's baby was a brilliant stroke. I did not see that coming, which is rare for me. I would love to see a parallel story of Pauline and Dave, but maybe starting after Sam and Pauline's "talk". Plenty of empty nest resulting in cheating on this site, so something along that line with her true self being revealed to her daughters as the cheating slut she is/was. Well done! 5*

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Well hell. I kept waiting for you to fuck it up at the end like your usual, but you didn’t. Well done. Gave you five for surprising me.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 3 years ago

Great twist on an old story. Sorry that 5* is all I can give.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I was so happy to see another story from you after so long . Thank you for that. All in all , really disappointed in the story , although it probably has a real feel, and thus is so uninteresting. You have done similar stories better in the past. I knew from the start he would find a new love , who would pull him up from rock bottom to make him realize he had been a bad dad, and lesser adult. My greedy self thinks you need more continued long term practice , and would love to read those efforts here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story! Thanks for the read.

Euripides - “Stronger than lover's love is lover's hate. Incurable, in each, the wounds they make.”

Ichiro Suzuki - “There's not much difference between love and hate.”

Edgar Rice Burroughs – “I loved her. I still love her, though I curse her in my sleep, so nearly one are love and hate, the two most powerful and devastating emotions that control man, nations, life.”

Infidelity leaves deep wounds. There's the devastation of betrayal: the inability to eat or sleep; the physical pain, the emotional trauma, and the paralyzing fear of finding out that the very person who is supposed to have your back in hard times is the one putting the knife in your back.

In this case, Pauline decided to trade up by dumping Sam and going after Dave who was significantly better off financially than Sam. Pauline initiates the divorce and then blindsides clueless Sam telling him he's going to be served one day. When women initiate the divorce they always get what they want. You never see the court mandate counseling when the woman wants the divorce. Pauline gets the house, the kids, a new rich husband not to mention the gold from the gold mine while good ole Sam gets the shaft and regulated to living on ramen noodles and seeing his kids only four days each month.

Anger is one of the stages of grief and morning. Sam got stuck in this phase for some time. There's no time table to getting over betrayal and loss. Moving on takes as long as it takes.

Loved the ending - "Pauline and Dave were having problems. For some reason, Dave was having some trust issues with being married to a woman that had previously cheated on her husband." Guess Dave forgot the old adage - once a cheater always a cheater. Statistically speaking, marriages that started from affairs don't have that good of a chance lasting. And around 75% of the marriages that start as affairs end in divorce. Considering only 5 to 7% of affair relationships lead to marriage, that's a grim statistic for couples hoping their affairs will last forever.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

I thought it was a realistic, fantastic story. Of the comments that I read, I think that most agreed with that statement, and there isn't much more that I can add to it. Definitely 5 stars!

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

Big Guy. you never answered the $360,000.00 question.

When he left for NC, Karen was a very mature and responsible 15, while Wendy was a delightful 14.

He was only gone 10 months.

Pauline's Toyota was in the driveway, as was an unfamiliar older Nissan.

So who owned the Nissan?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

REED RICHARDS - wrong AGAIN you fucking asshole. You wrote

.

Remember the dissatisfaction people had with Mr Anderson’s February Sucks, because the main character didn’t immediately dump his wife, because they had kids

.

No that was not the issue at all. The fact that you perceive the outrage that readers had regarding how the husband who acted to the wife Linda shows that you have a serious problem with rational thinking and that your critical reasoning skills are appallingly bad.

.

The reason why readers reacted so strongly to the George Anderson February Sucks story and how Linda cheated on her husband that night and the days and weeks afterwards …...is because her actions showed that her husband was secondary to her happiness.

.

Even worse is that she didn't see how her actions -- having the 1 night stand and dropping her husband in public and humiliating him --should be a problem for the husband ‘s emotional and psychological well-being.

.

It wasn't only the cheating … it was the fact that Linda didn't think what she did should be a problem for her husband Jim ….because Jim has N value to her.

.

that is what the issue is with the wife Linda's actions and behavior that night in the February Sucks story

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Great story. What a freaky but really cool ending with the baby. I was a little surprised it worked out. At first they were together a few times when she tells him she loves him. Then her mother is working on hubby number four and I thought that didn't bode well for longevity. It turned out well for all.

One thing - when he went back to see the kids and met Pauline after dropping off the girls at school there was a strange car in the driveway. Since Dopey Dave is having trust issues could they have started at that time?

jamesapplejamesappleabout 3 years ago

Very nicely done. I liked that, for once, the ex husband doesn't forgive the wife and end up being friends.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

Excellent story five stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

Great twist! I love the karma that is about to come down on Pauline's head. She will soon find herself alone. No husband, and an empty nest. Dave deserves no happiness either. Hopefully his betrayal of his best friend will haunt him for the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Welcome back, especially with a great story. I imagine most divorced fathers will see some familiar points in this tale. Thank you for your gift - look forward to more!!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice story but I despise people who drown their sorrows in liquor.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 3 years ago

Really nothing new here but I loved the story. Big Guy33 write great stories. Thanks man.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

I gave it full marks for the weird twist! It was a great story anyway and that pushed it over the edge.

Thanks!

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 3 years ago

as always, your stories are a wonderful read... 5 *'s

GroundrodGroundrodabout 3 years ago

Great story , at last a story with normal people, no rock star, super rich , CIA spook ninja husband. Very believable..

flatcar44flatcar44about 3 years ago

Great story with a nice romantic twist. The drinking part was tough to read, but it seemed realistic. I saw the kids not wanting to visit as they grew older and their social lives expanded.

PeelercrabPeelercrababout 3 years ago

Good tale. I like that he wound up in spades. Once in Puerto Rico I asked an friend what that word Cabron written on all the walls meant. He said it was a man who everybody in town was fricking his wife except for him. It was not a good thing to think your friends would call you that. Maybe like the N word it is OK to call your friends one of them but not if you are not in the club. It is a sad fact that so many people with children can move on and forget the other parent loved the kids also. Moving on from real love is not easy. Especially when you find out it was only you who was doing the loving.

trandall9991trandall9991about 3 years ago

One of your best stories, if not the best one. Just wow.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

Welcome back. Enjoyable read.

Hooked

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

CORRECTION: I meant to say that I never thought that the kid was Sam's.

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago

A story that burned me up and had me reading feverishly, but I never really got satisfaction. I think it is what the Unoriginalist said, the lack of cathartic release.. As I see it, Pauline never got nor paid any price for her treachery. The root of her straying was never adequately outlined. I guess she was victim to the mythical "Martian Slut Ray"? Also, Dave hooking up so quickly with the pregnant girl seems, idk, too quick? You had to have that for your conclusion, but I dont think that was setup properly. 4*

adevilru12adevilru12about 3 years ago

Hey Big Guy what happened to Henry? I miss him.

HemmingswayHemmingswayabout 3 years ago

Didn't love it. The plot was almost one cliche after another. Giving credit where credit is due, wink, good twist at the end but not enough to save it.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 3 years ago

This is a great story. So many times we see the father disintegrate after the judges sticks the knife in his back and twists it and gives the mother way more than 50% of everything. He ends up being on the bottom and the mother flies high with all the extras the judge can give her so she can find a new outstanding alpha male to help her live high on the hog for the rest of her life. why marry her when she can stay single and take the ex for all she can. Over all a 5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

God that was painful. The self imposed misery as impressive. I'm pretty sure that there are men out there living this story for real.

Well crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really good story. Thank god he didn’t cave and assuage her guilt over what she did at their last conversation. Looks like “daddy Dave” got what he earned in the end. A life of wondering if the cunt would cheat again.......well it is not really “if” but when. Once a cunt always a cunt.

phill1cphill1cabout 3 years ago

As much as others liked this story, I was only lukewarm.

Firstly, fuck those kids. If a child of more than 5 doesn't want to spend time with me, that's fine by me. And I wouldn't be so quick to forgive them. I mean, I know teenagers are insensitive, but if they don't love their father enough to WANT to see him whenever they can, fuck them. They aren't worth the effort.

And the woman seemed very unrealistic. I've never run into anyone who has married their husband's best friend. How could they even BE CHARACTERIZED AS friends if dude is scheming on his wife?! So, that character seemed unrealistic.

The rest seems boilerplate. I gave it a 4 but it really, IMO, deserves a 3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I think a follow up story should be written what happens when Karen and Wendy realise what their mother has done to their father and see their reaction to it .

I hope someone will try to write this follow up .

Looking forward to read it .

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 3 years ago
Great Twist at the End

Didn't see that coming - well done. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

THAT was great! Well written. By the time your MC got to the hospital, **I** was ready to throttle him! You portrayed his self destructive path so very well.

Pauline was as shallow as a leaky gutter. And so dishonest. If she didn’t want to hurt him, she wouldn’t have insisted on minimal visitation and child support she didn’t need from a guy who did NOT make a lot of money.

His daughters were too shallow as well. They were old enough to have a clue about what was going on with their parents, but as written were just oblivious. As depicted, they were a weak spot in the story.

Tim was a mystery. Guy appears to be a good friend, but even as he is worried about Sam’s drinking, he invites him to his frequent booze and sex parties?

Another plot hole: surely Sam told Holly who he worked for? And she said nothing?

All that being said...enjoyed it..especially the happy ending.....no matter how unlikely!

4****

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 3 years ago

When I saw a new BigGuy33 story, I knew today would be great, despite the rain. A wonderful story, reminiscent in a very general way with your story MELODY. When he hooked up with Melanie, I wondered if this was a sly reference to the Mel of MELODY. WBEN

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 3 years ago

sorry , typing on a phone keyboard is unforgiving! ...... When Tim mentioned he knew Holly, I assumed that Tim was the father (a view shared by others, judging by the comments). An unexpected twist at the end! Please continue to write stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hmmm why on earth would he voluntarily take on another guys kid? Yeah yeah you made a twist that it turns out to be his, but he was going to take it anyway. Out of all the women around he picks a pregnant one...ffs.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Loved it! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Didn't see that coming. 5*s

Highway69_50Highway69_50about 3 years ago

Excellent Big Guy, gut wrenching good.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 3 years ago

Reality, for sure, with a baby daddy twist at the end. Full marks

gordo12gordo12about 3 years ago

Good story. I didn't see that twist coming. 5*

ice67ice67about 3 years ago

Great Story, If you changed the girls to boys. It would be a very familiar story, Great job!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

Mr Brooks asked why Sam had to pay so much child support if Daddy Dave made so much money. It’s simple: it’s because Sam was their legal father, not Dave. Dave could be a billionaire, and Sam would still be responsible.

Remarriage ends alimony, but not child support.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

Re: “Daddy Dave”. That’s what happens when you divorce your wife and you have kids. The mother almost always gets custody and if Jody moves in and becomes the stepfather, then yeah, he eventually becomes “Dad.” That won’t be true in every case, but it does in a lot of them, especially if the kids are younger.

Tootight1Tootight1about 3 years ago

I liked it, but i think it would have been better if there was a little retribution involved here. I went through a divorce and well aware of the sentiment involved.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

Anony asked why Sam was willing to take on another man’s kid. Once you’re in your 40s, the vast majority of available women have kids. The only difference in this one was that the kid hadn’t been born yet, and would bond with Sam as the real daddy. That’s probably better than a woman with a child who knows his real father.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Oh, GREAT story!!!! Real characters acting like real people doing real stuff! I'm sure ANON won't like it that he didn't throw acid in Pauline's face or frame Dave for the Lufthansa J.F.K. heist, but this is a definite, solid stale with a great ending! Thanks for posting it!!!

MormonJackMormonJackabout 3 years ago

Great story, Big Guy! Thank you!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

A serendipitous and heartwarming final twist. Nice bit of fantasy. The plot brings to mind your story ‘Choices’ which I recently reread (and re-enjoyed as well). You have the bones in this story for a full length novel - betrayal, heartbreak, fall from grace, redemption, and a happy ever after with an added dash of some karmic justice for an exclamation point. Very satisfying indeed. Thanks for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Fantastic

Yet again another fantastic story from you . And to top it off you wrote about pregnant women . And you for that should be classed as a hero . I have read so so many stories and a lot of writers class them as horrible things . But to me they are the most beautiful thing and you portrayed holly as the most loving woman you could ever meet. ( yes I got a pregnant fetish but come on they look so beautiful especially when you know it’s yours lol ) . You really did this story justice by showing a pregnant woman can still be loved no matter how far they are along . So fantastic story can’t wait for your next story. It’s just great to read a fantastic story from a talented writer.

KinPAKinPAabout 3 years ago

Sam reminded me of my dad after my parents divorced...except he never had a friend like Tim to help him get over the bottle.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

Very good story thank you. Always like a happy ending and the baby twist made everyone happy. A touch of karma at the end didn't go amiss either. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Totally original plot twist. Did not see it coming until Tim got pensive.

I give it a six.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 3 years ago

wish you had taken it further

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

Well BigGuy33, that was a good one. I could have predicted some sort of problem with his health related to all the drinking. His wife was absolutely putting her head in the sand about his finances. You laid it out completely. As far as her not telling the girls that there actions of not wanting to go to there dads had crushed what was left of there father was just her not wanting to admit how much her betrayal had destroyed him for her own self preservation. Kids learn that there actions can hurt others when they are made to see how a thing that doesn't seam that big can can grow to massive unintended hurt. Just like his wife's and best friend didn't intend to break up his family unit. The ending was the best and that came out of left field, nice. Thanks. 5 Stars.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

Great Story! From such great pain to such greater joy with an excellent twist. And a little karma also!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Writing skills are 4 stars.

I would have liked it better if after the confrontation about his weekend visits being canceled Sam had moved to NC without telling the ex wife. Just leave quietly and start over, the girls were not interested in seeing him Sam until it was time for Christmas presents. Best present to give the 3 bitches would have been calling them back after to discuss the plans for Christmas and telling them “do whatever you want, I move to North Carolina months ago when you made it clear the only place I have in your lives it providing your new family with a third income while I live on ramen and Mac & cheese. Merry Christmas.”

Every thing after the breathalyzer test at work is just a Disney story and a too far fetched for me to enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Twist?

For anyone reading LW for any amount of time. This was no twist. I knew instantly.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

I found it to be engaging, enjoyable and Sam behaved in a very real manner towards his ex.

While the twist was fun the moment it became clear Tim and Holly knew who each other were it didnt take a rocket scientist to get a good idea what was going to happen. Still didnt ruin it at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

good story nice twist at the end glad to see you back writing

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 3 years ago

I enjoy the story very much. The level of angst in the beginning of the story what’s very intense but the conclusion at the end made it worthwhile. Child support is always based on the amount of money the father makes not how much money the new wife gets from the new husband. The courts determination of child support is based on the responsibility of the father. I know a lot of times it comes out terribly unfair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Conversation between Pauline and Sam after 2 years

Pauline: Hi Sam .

Sam : Hi Pauline , Please make this quick . I dont have much time .

Pauline: Really Sam , Even after all these years . Could you not spend some time for old times sake. I thought since you are married and happy we could have some friendly conversation.

Sam: Oh come on Pauline , how many times do I have to tell you ??, I dont have any time for you in my life . I dont want to waste my time speaking to you where I can spend these precious moment with my own wife and kids. I dont like sneaking around like you.

Sam: See Pauline I dont have time for this , please tell me what you want and make it quick . I am doing this just for the sake of girls.

Pauline : Ok Sam I get it . It's just I wanted some friend to talk to . Someone to share how I am feeling about my marriage and Dave. I thought I could use you as a friend .

Sam: Sorry Pauline As I have told you before, I am not your friend and cannot be your friend anymore. And for a matter of fact I dont give a shit about your marriage or feelings . I guess I was clear about this last time we had a talk. So Sorry if it was about your marriage and that asshole husband I dont want to talk about it .

Pauline starts to cry, Sam gets up and starts to leave the restaurant but stops for a moment and turns back to Pauline who is still crying in her seat .

Sam : oh before I leave , I do have an advice you though. If you really want to talk about your marriage , you should be talking about it with your so called husband and try to work things out . Do you understand Pauline?. You are doing the same mistake you did while we were married. You did not discuss if you had any problems in our marriage with me , but instead started talking about it with him and spending time with him and ruined our fucking marriage. So I say get that fucking ass of yours up and go back to that piece of shit husband of yours and try to work on your fucking marriage. Okay .

And Do not ever contact me again regarding your fucking marriage. You understand?? I dont give a damn about your life or your marriage or your asshole husband . Goodbye.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

always good to see a story from you. 5*, of course.

tizwickytizwickyabout 3 years ago

I really enjoy a happy ending with a twist. This could have easily been posted in the Romance category.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories