Fall Ch. 04-08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leaning slightly toward Caimrael she inquired, "So why am I here?"

"To be seen in our company." He leaned in as well, "I'd hoped it would be a pleasant evening for all involved. Drinks, music," gesturing around them with a shrug.

"Who's supposed to be seeing me?" Verena jerked upright as Savmon laid a hand on her thigh and squeezed.

"Drink with me." A platter of reddish shots was brought to the table.

"What is it?" She looked at one carefully and smelled it, it didn't smell like liquors that should have been mixed together. Mint, cinnamon, and licorice leapt out at her.

"They call it Five Deadly Venoms here." Savmon drank his as if it were water.

Downing her shot, she sucked air in through her teeth and shuddered. "It does taste like it should kill you." Her hand she noticed, no longer had the pen marks. It must be some sort of invisible ink... did that stuff vanish completely or could you bring it back out with something, she tried to think.

"Noticed the ink?" Caimrael was leaning too close to her ear. "I couldn't let you save that trick to use when it would benefit you, could I?" He placed another shot in front of her and drank one himself.

"So the plan is to get me plastered? Why?"

"Savmon says you're very friendly when you've been drinking, very chatty." The demon's eyes reflected light as she took the second shot.

"That doesn't mean I will be to you. I don't like you." Savmon squeezed her thigh again and she turned her head sharply, "I'd like you better if you stopped groping my thigh." The flash of brilliant red she knew to take as amusement.

"Why would you choose to support the Overarch? You'd have much more fun with us." His dark ruby eyes glittered in the dim light and she could feel a flush creeping up her face.

"I'm not supporting the Overarch. Not any more than I'm supporting your side." She eyed the third shot pushed toward her ruefully, they were trying to get her very drunk very fast. "You think another shot will change my answer?"

"You've been tipping the board in his favor." Caimrael brushed hair away from her neck.

"One, it's not intentional and two it's not a fucking game to me. Demons and angels can take their game and stick it as far as I'm concerned." Trying to scoot away from Caimrael just pushed her closer against Savmon.

"Did you really tell Cehrael that you loved him?" Savmon almost purred into her other ear pulling her tightly against his leg.

"I did, but to be fair I love all of them. They look after me and every other-" She suddenly wished she'd had a lot more to drink before starting this conversation as Savmon inhaled deeply against her neck and laughed.

"If you understood that their 'looking after you' was only to manipulate you into doing as they asked you wouldn't be here, child of breath."

"I don't believe that for a minute." The thought of calling for help was pulsing in her mind like her heartbeat in her ears.

"Drink."

Her hand shook slightly as she reached for the third shot, being drunk would definitely make this situation more bearable.

"You mentioned being taught that spreading wings is rude?" Caimrael was looking cheerful. "Who told you that?"

"My Uncle. 'If they spread on you that's their way of saying fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Don't hesitate to knock'em down if you can, 'cause they're coming for you.'" Verena watched his eyebrows rise. "Uncle was good at his job. I did my best to learn." She almost squeaked as Savmon rubbed his mouth against the place her neck met her shoulder.

"You should have paid attention when he said to be wary of demons and grey angels."

"If I live through this I will absolutely be more wary of demons." She took a fourth shot without being prompted. "The newly fallen are good people."

"And if we can show you otherwise?" Caim's smile was evil.

"That would give me something to think about." If there had been a fifth shot she'd have taken it.

"Another round." Savmon released her, raising a hand to flag down a bar back.

She tried to move away from him and Caimrael moved a little closer. "Come sit with me."

"I would prefer not to." The drinks arrived promptly, more of the same.