Fantasy Island Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she walked over and sat on the couch, he went to the bedroom and pulled a pillow from their bed and a blanket from the closet. He returned and set it at the opposite end of the couch.

"Lauren, I'm-"

"Don't. Just give me some space tonight, please." She interrupted.

Levi sighed and nodded, heading back down the hallway. He immediately grabbed his cell phone from his discarded work pants and, heading onto the back porch through the double doors of the master bedroom, called his mentor, Ethan, lost. Lauren had never used her safe word and tonight had worried Levi. Did he leave her on her own or press to stay with her against her wishes?

"I don't know what to do. She won't talk to me right now and she said she just wants to be left alone but I don't want to because what if she does something like tries to leave and I won't know and-"

"Levi. Take a moment and just breathe. She's gonna be okay. Give her space, that's what she's asking for. Check on her later though. You've got tomorrow off-"

"But that order, we gotta-"

"No buts. You take a day to discuss things with Lauren after you both cool off. I'll expect you back to work on Wednesday, understand?"

Levi glanced back inside at the empty king sized bed and sighed.

"Yeah, all right. Thank you, Ethan."

"No problem, bud. Get some sleep and see how you both feel in the morning. Call me to check in though, got it? I wanna make sure you're OK."

Levi nodded, "Uh huh. Yeah. I'm gonna go uh... check on her. G'night Ethan."

"Night bud."

Levi tossed his phone on the bed and crept down the dark hallway, peeking out around a corner. Lauren was sitting on the couch, playing on a handheld game console. She seemed all right.

Levi cleared his throat and stepped out of the shadows. Lauren looked up, immediately glaring at him.

"What about, 'I need some space' do you not comprehend?" She snapped, "Leave me alone!"

Levi blinked, eyes wide before he retreated to their bedroom like a scolded child. He gave it almost half an hour before he decided to check on her again. What was considered too much? Was he overdoing it? Or was he not checking on her enough?

He tried to keep quiet, sitting on the floor at the end of the hallway just around the corner and out of Lauren's sight. Every few minutes he'd look around the corner at her, still sitting on the couch. The guest bathroom was just off from the kitchen so she had no reason to come down the hallway and see him.

Levi remained there, grabbing a blanket and pillow for himself as he made a little pallet in the hallway. He didn't want to be any further than necessary from Lauren if she needed him at some point. It would be the roughest night of sleep he'd had in years.

12