Fate and How It Sometimes Works

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she felt his tongue in her pussy she moaned, "Oh my God!" And grabbed the back of his head, pulling his mouth tighter to her slit.

Over the next three hours they engaged in a marathon of sex. By the end both were tired, sated and utterly happy. She drifted off to sleep wrapped in his arms.

As Carroll lay looking at her sleeping face he whispered,"You are a dangerous woman. If we had met a day or two earlier, I would have given up everything I have to be with you. Even now if you weren't married I'd think about doing just that. Yea, you are a dangerous woman."

A few moments later he drifted off to sleep.

Carroll woke the next morning to the feel of her mouth on his cock.

He groaned as he woke, "This is the way to wake up!"

Carol pulled her mouth from his hard rod and said, "Well I thought I'd play alarm clock. We need to get moving. Your flight is in an hour, mine is a little later. "

He grinned grabbed her under the arms and drug her up and on top of him. He reached down and positioned the tip of his cock against her pussy. As she felt him do it she wiggled her hips and pushed downward, sliding it in to the root.

"Time enough for one more." He said with a grin.

"Yes," she replied as she began to ride him, "Time enough for one more."

Much like the last time they were together Carol knew she couldn't cum again without a lot of work, but she wanted to feel him cum in her once more before they parted. She rode his cock, doing everything she could to make him cum.

It took ten minutes but finally she heard him groan, "Oh fuck!" felt him push into her as deep as he could, then felt his cock begin to throb as he filled her, again, with his cream.

When he was done she leaned down and kissed him gently as she said, "Time to shower and go."

45 minutes later they stood in front of the gate for his flight.

"I hope you aren't feeling guilty about last night." He said.

She smiled and replied, "I thought I might, but the funny thing is I don't. All I feel is a glow of satisfaction and a twinge of sadness because we are parting again."

"I wish it were different." He said.

"Me too." She said as she stepped closer and gave him a lingering kiss, then looked into his eyes as she finished, "but it isn't so you need to go."

He stared at her for a long moment, then grabbed her, pulled her close and kissed her savagely.

When he pulled back he said, "I should have met you a week earlier then I did."

"It is what it is." She said, "Please take care of you? Please?"

"And you take care of you." He said as he picked up his bag and headed into the boarding gate.

He didn't stop or look back. He was afraid to. When he was seated he leaned back and closed his eyes, remembering the night with her.

______________________________________________________________________________

Seven years later Carroll limped down the sidewalk leading to his parents house. The limp was caused by the damage to his left leg that the bullets from an insurgence's AK47 had caused. With those and the ones that had pierced his stomach and chest, he had spent a year in an Army hospital. When he was released he was also medically retired from the Army. He had returned home a month before and was living in small apartment 10 blocks from his parents house. He walked over to see them every day, for the exercise.

His dad had gone to the market so Carroll spent an hour visiting with his mom before he headed home. When he arrived home he had a voice mail from the HR Director of Brigadoon Enterprises, a company that had opened in his home town six months before and were looking for employees. They wanted him to come in for an interview the next day. He decided he needed some new clothes for the interview, so he hopped into his pickup and drove over to the mall.

As he browsed through the mens cloths his thoughts turned to Carol. He had gone to her parents house when he arrived in town only to find that both of them had died 5 years before. When he asked around about her noone had seen or heard from or about her after her parents funeral. He stood with one hand on a rack of slacks staring off into the distance wondering where she was and if she was alright.

As he stood there a familiar voice said, "Yes, I think fate does have this thing about throwing us together."

He turned to find Carol standing behind him.

"It must be." He said with a grin, "I was just thinking about you!"

"I hope they were overt sexual thoughts!" Carol replied with a sly grin.

"What other kind would they be?" Carroll shot back with a grin, "How are you?"

"Fabulous! I'm now the director of the Carlson Institute." She said.

"Where's that located?" He asked.

"Right here at the university." She replied, "So how you?"

"Ok." He replied, "I'm retired from the Army."

"Retired? You've been in that long?"

He grinned and said, "Medically retired."

"What happened?" Carol asked, a concerned look filling her face.

"It's a wonder what a few AK47 rounds can do to a body." Carroll replied, "But even with that, I'm doing fine. I can walk and talk and everything else, just not as fast or as long as I use to."

"I never took you for an optimist!"Carol said.

"Not an optimist, a realist." Carroll said, then changed the subject, "So where are you headed?"

"I was just going to buy a new blouse and then get something to eat." She replied.

"I'd love to join you, for a bite." He said.

"I'd like that." She said, "How about Franco's in an hour?"

"I'll get us a table and be waiting." He said

"Ok. I'll see you there."

As she turned to go back in the store Carroll glanced down at her left hand and spotted the wedding ring that was still there. As he walked toward Franco's, he felt the depression start to settle in at the thought that she was still married. He also realized that with them both living in the same town, the sexual liaisons that had happened in the past could happen again. The problem was that this time they wouldn't be parting for different parts of the world. He didn't know if he could just let her go when she only lived across town.

As he arrived at Franco's he realized the place had very few patrons. This time of the day there were only a few people in the place. He asked the waitress for a table outside and as far from others as he could get. She smiled and lead him to one that sat in a corner, separated from the others by several large plants. He gave the waitress a $20.00 tip and told her that a friend would be coming to join him, then he gave her Carol's name and ordered a drink.

He sipped his drink and thought as he sat waiting. He could feel anger building inside him, an anger that had been brewing for months. He had been robbed of his career by those bullets and robbed of Carol by their life choices. He finished one drink, ordered another finished that and ordered a third. By the time Carol arrived he had downed four very strong drinks. He wasn't drunk, but well buzzed and the anger that had been building was at a peak.

As she sat down he looked at her and said in a hard voice, "I can't do this. Life sucks and I'm not going to sit here with you and pretend it doesn't."

"Wha...what's wrong?" She asked in a hurt and startled tone.

"I'm tired. Tired of being fucked by life. I'm done with it. I'll maybe see you around town but I can't sit here and make like I'm happy." He snarled, "Because of circumstances and choices I've lost everything that I've ever wanted, my career, my health and...and," he stopped, not wanting to voice the last thing he had lost, or wanted but never had and afraid of her response if he did.

So he glared at her as he added, "...other things in my life. I'm done. You have a life to live so go do it and I'll go live mine." He said as he stood and stomped off.

He drove home and poured himself a drink. He sat in his chair, scowling at the all the pain of his life flowing through him as he drank and drank and drank, until his glass slipped form his unconscious hand and clattered to the floor.

He woke the next morning with a pounding hang over. After several minutes he was able to pry himself out of his chair and take a shower. After another hour or so he was able to eat something. By late afternoon he was better, but spent the rest of the day sitting in his chair napping. Because of the hang over he didn't think much about Carol or his situation. He went to bed at 9:00 and woke the next morning at 7:00, feeling much better. Mid-morning he decided to go to the market. It wasn't far, so he walked. As he pushed his cart through the produce section he rounded a corner and ran right into Carol.

She stared at him as she said icily, "Feeling better I hope?"

"I aw...I'm sorry." He said.

"What the hell was that all about?" She demanded, "I know you've been injured. I know you've been discharged from the Army, but I didn't do anything so why did you take it out on me?"

He knew there was no way around it. He had to face this head on and tell her how he felt and why he did what he did.

He looked at the floor as he said, "I am really, really sorry. You caught me in a stupid self pity mood. After I got out of the hospital and was discharged I came home, with one thought. That maybe, just maybe I'd see you again and you'd not still be married. But when I saw you the other day and saw the ring still on your finger I knew my hopes were for nothing."

Carol stared at him as she held up her hand and replied, "You mean this ring? Yea I still wear it, but not because I'm married. I wear it to keep guys from bothering me about dates. I don't want to date anybody. Well, that's not true. I don't want to date just anybody. I want to date you."

Carroll's head shot up and his eyes locked on her's.

"You're not married?" He said.

"No, not for years." She replied.

He stepped around his cart until he was standing in front of her, his face only a few inched from hers.

"Well Mrs. Carol Franco, would you like to come back to my place? Maybe jump into my bed with me?" He said a grin starting to spread across his face.

"It's Pinnell. I took my maiden name back after the divorce. And I won't go with you unless I get to stay as long as I want." She replied staring into his eyes.

He didn't voice an answer. Instead he reached down and cupped her ass, picked her up and crushed his mouth to hers. She responded by wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him back just as fervently.

When they broke the kiss, he said, "I think we'd better go back to my place, else I'm going to start taking your clothes off right here and we will get arrested for indecent actions."

"Take me to your place and we'll do all those indecent things!" She giggled.

He let her down took her hand and they walked toward the exit.

"Why didn't you tell me you were divorced?" He said.

"When it happened, I couldn't find you and when we met the other day you didn't give me a chance." She said.

"Yea, my bad. But fate seemed to work it out." He said.

"Yes it did. You do know, you're not going to get rid of me any time soon don't you?"

He grinned and said, "You do know, for the first time since I met you we have a chance to stay together so I'm not going to let you go any time soon don't you?"

She smiled at him as they walked away toward his apartment.