Fateful Lunch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They said that they really liked her. They also told me that the two of you were really good friends when you were kids and that she had some really funny stories about you from back then."

"Yes, we are good friends and it goes far beyond work. I don't know if you remember meeting her father, Richard, when he would come to visit my Dad, but their family was really close to ours when I was growing up. Hell, she was probably my best friend until they moved away during my junior year."

"I know all about that too. In fact, she told me a lot about you when I talked to her."

"Wait, you talked to Jackie?" I asked in shock. "When? How?"

"When I called her, silly. After our first couple of dates, I wanted to know the deal with you two before I let things get too serious. So, I pestered Carly until she gave me Jackie's number and I called her."

"Oh shit! So, you've known about me and Jackie the whole time?"

"Yes, dear. I've known about Jackie the whole time and it's okay. I understand. I won't lie, I'm not thrilled about what happened between you two, but I realize that we are divorced and that you did nothing wrong. Plus, as far as I can tell, you've ended that part of your relationship with her since we started dating again, so it's not really a problem for me as long as you keep it that way."

"I can't believe that I've been dreading this conversation for weeks and then I find out that you knew all along. I should probably be mad, but to be honest, it's a huge relief."

"Good, so now you don't have to worry about it anymore," she said. "Now come over here and give me a kiss and a big hug."

I don't think I've ever squeezed her so tight in my life. This was certainly not the woman I had been married to before. The old Allison would have never had the self-confidence to make that call and have that conversation with Jackie. I was really thinking that I liked this new Allison even better than the old one as we settled back onto the sofa with my arm around her and her cuddled up against me.

I was just starting to relax again when she said, "So now that you're off the hook with the whole Jackie thing, maybe you would like to tell me about this friend of hers. I think her name was Tanya."