Feb. Sucks - It Must've Been Love 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If and when you return, you will need to knock on the door or ring the doorbell-- your keys no longer work.

I await your arrival.

--James R. Carlson

Jim did not receive a reply from Linda. One o'clock came and went. So did 2:00 and 3:00 pm. "Just like last night," he thought. He half-expected to get a text that Asshole wanted her to spend another night and that he would drop her off after Sunday brunch. If that happened, he would call Dan and have him serve Linda with the divorce papers at her school on Monday.

At 3:30, his phone rang. At first he thought it would be Linda, but the caller ID said it was Bob Adams, the weekend news producer at his station.

"Hey Jim, hate to bother you on a Saturday, but we are short an anchor for the six pm report. Ruth Ann's mother went to the ER and it's pretty serious. Steve is her designated backup, but I just called him and he threw his back out playing with his kids this morning. Can you help me out?"

"Sure Bob, no problem. No big plans for tonight. See you at the station."

Jim's first thought was "Thank you Lord!" He would much rather be at the studio than walk around his empty house. Let Linda cool her heels out on the front porch until he got back since she no longer has a key that works. Jim drove over to the station, looked at a list of the top stories, worked out a segway with the sports guy and then sat down in makeup. He went to his computer and made a few edits on his stories to go into the teleprompter. At 5:15 there was a brief text from Linda: "Leaving soon and...I love you." Jim didn't send a reply.

At 6:00pm, the recorded intro rolled and 15 seconds later Jim was up.

"Good evening, I'm Jim Carlson, sitting in for Ruth Ann Walker, and our top story tonight is..."

World news, national news, local news, the first look at the weather, a tease of sports coming up, and then into the first commercial break. More news, sports and a human-interest feature and then into the second break. After this break, Jim's co-anchor teased the weather and then ran a recorded interview with a Congressional candidate, after which they finally went to the full weather report, before going on the third commercial break. After the third break a couple of "evergreen" local stories were up and then the recapping of the top stories of the day.

The last break at 8 minutes before the hour was always a short one. While two 30 second commercials, a public service announcement, and a promo spot for network programs were on, Bob, his producer, was speaking to Jim over the IFB, "Jim, we have breaking news up on the prompter. Marc LaValliere of the Sharks was killed in a car crash about 25 minutes ago. There are other casualties too. We're cutting the break short and going straight to you in ...3...2...one..."

"And...just in to Eyewitness News...A high speed crash has taken the life of tight end Marc LaValliere of the Sharks and two others. LaValliere was reported dead at the scene. The passenger in his Lamborghini is a 39-year-old middle school teacher and mother of two who was airlifted to Lutheran Memorial Hospital in critical condition. LaValliere reportedly seduced the woman in front of her husband and friends at Morrison's Supper Club on Friday night. The adulterous pair apparently spent the night at LaValliere's home in Shorewood and police speculate he was driving her back to her home in Whitefish Bay when the crash occurred.

"According to police, LaValliere's black Lamborghini was travelling over 90 miles an hour on North Lake Drive when he ran a red light and T-boned a compact car already in the intersection. The driver of that car and one passenger were also killed and at this time, we do not know if there were any other occupants. This video of emergency crews using the 'Jaws of Life' on LaValliere's car was just sent to us by a viewer.

We will have more details as they become available. Stay tuned to Eyewitness News for updates throughout the evening and on our eleven o'clock report. Again, Heisman Trophy winner and Sharks tight end Demarcus "Marc" LaValliere is dead following a high-speed crash that killed 2 people in another vehicle and critically injured LaValliere's female companion. For all of us at Eyewitness News, I'm Jim Carlson...good night."