All Comments on 'February Sucks -- Big Time'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 390 Comments (Page 2)
Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

A good ending, not because of the husband actions, but because the wife could only end in a mental hospital after she really understtood what she had done to her family...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where do I get my time back...

I don't know why I even try...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
BEST Ending So Far!

Well worth the wait. Great job!

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Best one to date by far.

KayaknhKayaknhover 3 years ago
Thank you. Thank you.

First of any in the series that not only didn'teave bile in my throat but actually made .e smile.

andyinozandyinozover 3 years ago
Great work saddletramp

Thanks....5 stars

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
I read Hooked1956 alternate

ending first, then GeorgeAnderson's original and now yours. All three are very good stories. 5* and my thanks for taking on this story! I'll have to check out Greendays version,soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I scored this well, but

It seems to me that the right way to modify GA's train-wreck is to either: (1) Have Jim intervene before Linda can leave, and then take events from there. If in that scenario he talks her out of it, there is still a lot to write because she intended to betray him. (Talking her out of it would make Linda's character less inconsistent, which is a major problem in the story) If he doesn't, the dramatic potential is quite obvious. or (2) Make Jim consistent after she returns, which would change him from the weak, needy, ultimately unprincipled, unresourceful character that GA turns him into. There would be no need to change Linda or Marc. Giving Jim a spine would allow for more than enough drama to unfold. The idiotic LW character would not, of course, be included or, alternatively, he would give more accurate legal advice or Jim would seek better legal counsel. The ridiculous bit with Ellen would have to go. If I were writing it, I'd go with reality today on custody, which is joint custody if it is either agreed or the father fights for it. There's nothing about Jim's character that would preclude joint custody. I think Jim forcing Linda into joint custody, offering sharing the house with her, but putting twin beds in the master, could be persuasively written by having Jim threaten to use her written confession, etc., against her with family and friends. Having her end in a mental institution, as ST has written, strikes me as a bridge too far. Maybe three or four bridges too far. I could see her being forced to live in the same house, divorced, with Jim "for the sake of the children" while having only a roommate relationship with Jim and having to endure him dating and possibly developing another long-term relationship. I think these scenarios preserve as much as possible of the GA story. Nevertheless, nothing can fix the fundamental problem of his story - Linda. If you look at how she is written up to Marc appearing, it's simply not possible to believe what what she subsequently does. It may be the worst case of using the Martian Slut Ray to create drama in the long history of LW. If, on the other hand, Linda had been written more like the "Dee" character up to that point, I think it might have been possible to suspend disbelief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Exactly as expected

Well written, and I guess a fun read but with ~1% of the depth of the original.

It'll get 5* from the juvenile BTB crowd, though.

bent16cabent16caover 3 years ago

Good eversion of the original. Quite enjoyed it. But like the better version where the husband chases them down and stop the cheating before it happens. But that is personal preference. More please .

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

This is how the original should have ended and saved us all from the bleeding heart alternatives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written

A reasonable ending to this overdone story. I liked this ending better than the original but I understand being concerned for the well being of the children in the original ending. I can't imagine many things more difficult for kids then having to visit their Mother in a mental hospital. How do you explain that to a small child? Maybe the wife dies of Covid and everyone can move on.

ragnarok1ragnarok1over 3 years ago
Loved it.

One thing though. February 29th only comes around every 4 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You are, if not the best, close to it. Love your writing. That said, Asshole and that ho should be forever missing for the situation they caused. She should have taken a few more pills and the frying pan should have been used a few more times...

ayerollerayerollerover 3 years ago

Finally, someone put the ending I would have to this situation. Well done and well written. Thanks ST for another great story. Well, ending of a story. Lots of credit to GeorgeA for such a creation that has really poked a bee hive. Keep up the great work!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Thermonuclear payback done right.....

Except there is always collateral destruction when you go nuclear. Two kids ,Two marriages destroyed, at least four families devastated. All because the bitch thought she could do this. And I'm not being sexist- even if it had been the guy, it would have been the same. Except it always seems like the women 'needing to experience something'.8 stars, saddletramp1956 and we all know the bear can't count. I tend to give a story what it deserves. The Bear approves. Too bad La Aliere' didn't get more payback..

The BEAR

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 3 years ago
A Mother's Love

Anyone who knows anything about mothers would know that Emma would be distraught at the assault on her daughter. To pretend she would be more concerned about her lover is just stupid.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 3 years ago
A Master at Work

I never get tired of reading your stories.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Saddletramp is Australian for over the top

Reality is that Ben Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant got away with rape, and their teams didn’t enforce any ridiculous “morality clause,” because the only thing that matters is that they can play ball. That’s all that will ever matter.

At some point, it would be nice if authors wouldn’t destroy a guys nuts; it’s become way too much of a cliche.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This story line is a great example of gender appropriation, . . .

a common fault in most Loving Wives stories of female adultery. But at least you're trying to write an interesting story.

The problem is Linda and many other portrayals of cheating whores in the LW category don't really act like women. They act like men. And who writes the majority of these stories? Men. Let me explain.

Most women, and especially beautiful happily married women like Linda don't throw away their families and their futures because of a clit attack, or Martian Slut Ray. They don't have to. All Linda had to do was get Marc's phone number and arrange all the glorious fucking she wants, when she can get away with it. The reality is most women can get all the cock they want, in secret, and still keep their family. And most women are smart enough not to shit in public.

The Linda portrayed in this series is not acting like a woman. She acts like a man who just got approached by a drop dead gorgeous woman and who lets his little head take him off the straight and narrow. He does this because He Can't Believe His LUCK! Women get propositioned weekly, daily, constantly. The vast majority of men only dream of that happening. And when it does he is so surprised and astonished that sometimes he goes for it, despite the consequences. Women are smarter than that.

Look at the dialogue and phrases being used by the supposed sluts in this story line: "It was a once in a lifetime opportunity (no, she can get all the cock she wants), its just sex, its doesn't mean anything, it was just one time, it hasn't changed me or our marriage." That's not a woman talking, that's Mansplaining. Those are alibis from someone for whom sex is mostly a recreation, an itch to be scratched.

At the basic animalistic level sex is the coin of the female's world. She doesn't squander or waste it. For a woman sex is not Nothing, it is the measure of her virtue, intelligence, and self respect. Its her temporary hook to reel a man in so she can get a deeper more thorough analysis of his suitability as a mate. Men age like wine, women age like cheese. Women know they have a fairly narrow horizon for obtaining a good family. Cock? They're a dime a dozen. Good husbands, not so much. You think its an accident that a whore looks like a whore, but the woman of your dreams looks like a queen? The whore has entered the cheese phase and is just coping and hoping that some desperate fool will come along. And even the whore isn't as stupid and blatant as the Linda portrayed here.

The reason Linda's behavior is so jarring and shocking is because it is unbelievable; it just doesn't make sense. Same as the defenses offered by her supposed female friends. No woman is that stupid and short-sighted. EXACTLY!

Now make Linda a man. Now it fits. That's why the movie "The Heartbreak Kid" worked. Outrageous, but believable. Sorry men, but you have a reputation based on past behavior. Own it. Name 5 famous men who fucked around on their wives so sloppily they got caught. Now name 5 female celebrities who did the same thing. Which list took you longer to compile?

Don't feel badly. Being able to accurately characterize the opposite sex is a very special and rare talent. Think of Jane Austin, who was never even married, but accurately portrays the wimp, the stooge, the predator, the nice guy, and prince charming, all in the same story. And she creates the female characters with even greater precision, from the stupid slut, the evil witch, to the virtuous queen.

Linda is a dysphoric trope in this group of stories, a man with a vagina. What would you expect when sex on a stick is dropped in his/her lap? Thank God such "women" only exist in the minds of feverish Loving Wives authors, who don't have vaginas.

Thanks for the effort.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Awesome.... but the the lawyer coulda fallen for our hero dad..... it is fiction after all so a lesbian lawyer might fall for a true blue meat stick

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The storytelling was great.

I felt his pain. I also am bemused at the attempts to dissect this story based on gender misappropriation. More than 70% of divorces are attributed to wives cheating and adultery. I know personally if 5 families where the wife got pregnant outside of marriage. I have seen and heard abominable behavior. This behavior is not reserved for men any longer, just as the myths of women not being violent or being better for the children. Think of all the violent killers, mostly men right? Who raised them? Women did. So the anonymous comment is a fairy tale. Women do behave this way, and our legal system has encouraged and enabled them to succeed in this behavior.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 3 years ago
Legend

This is by far the best version of this story written to date. You kept the original intact enough, while still adding your own personal flair that I have come to enjoy in all of your stories. Thank you.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Last anon.

What a wonderful fantasy of how men and women are.

But in the real world it is far more like a Jerry Springer show than your feminist rose tinted glasses drivel.

Linda was unbelievable for a man or woman but your misandry clouds you to seeing reality.

Only a complete moron would say she was a man with a vagina.

Unfortunately you are the product of the modern education system and the mindless left wing dross that larp as teachers.

Next time save the sermon unless it's something other than utter nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UNDERSTANDING

Great entertainment. Your writing is at least one step ahead of others. Thanks

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

5*. Have we had one where Linda actually admits she was wrong yet? lol

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Hmmm... his relation with the inlaws is how close?

“...you have to get to the hospital... she tried to kill herself last night.”

“Last night“. The parents in-law didn’t call him right after the ambulance left, or when they, the in-laws, got to the hospital. No, they wait to call the beloved son in-law — the father to their grandchildren, the man they DON’T want getting divorced from their daughter — the next morning.

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Anon

What kind of feminazi psychobable you talking about. It a damn story, made up, not real, fiction. Jeeeze......get over your self importance. ST, great story. No happy ending but thats ok. Great job. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
re: Anon "gender appropriation"...

I agree with every damn word you said. You hit the nail on the head. The problem with most loving wives stories is they're written BY men who don't understand women FOR men who don't understand women.

The core premise that drives this story and all the spinoffs is that Linda is a man in a woman's body. If you switch up 'Linda' to 'Liam' and 'Jim' to 'Jane' maybe there'll be a good story buried in this mess. Think about the people who fell from grace. From Besos to Woods to Schwarzenegger, people who publicly throw their lives down the shitter for 2 minutes of pleasure are almost always guys. Most women are picky over who they'll screw and when. Most guys will follow any piece of ass that propositions them cause its a novelty. The blood rushes to the little head and it makes the decisions. Thats the meaning of the whole "men are visual creatures" shtick.

I've seen some female authors write male characters convincingly but it's rare a male author will really get into a woman's mind. I've never yet seen a male LW author convincingly write a woman. They just end up writing men in women's bodies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A some already stated, I can't see it in real world, that any wife would do what Linda did in this story.

The only way for doing something like this are some kind of extraordinary stimuli. After reading the original story form GA I thought of some possibilities. I came up with drugs she got beforehand - but how and why and from whom. Even hypnosis came in my mind. And one idea was that the husband had cheated before - maybe years before - and wife takes this chance for payback. But these are all partly implausible ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@Anonymous 10/11/20: "This story line... "

Not sure if you understand that the 'Tramp was just revising G. Anderson's original story, as others have, trying to find a realistic ending. I think most people here will agree that the original story is completely, absolutely stupid, but that's all they have to work with.

I disagree about your whole "women aren't that stupid, but men are" argument. Personally, I don't think anyone's so stupid that they'd walk out the door with a stranger, spend the night having sex, and then return home expecting their spouse to be happy with what they've done. What kind of moron, regardless of gender, would do that? So we agree, it's a really stupid story.

At least the 'Tramp's story gets rid of the cheater. All the other versions have the husband becoming as stupid as the wife and end up taking her back. Carvohi is writing his version and we know he'll RAAC'em back together too. Who would take someone that stupid and cruel, back into their family? No one.

You would also be surprised by how many times a decent looking, MARRIED man gets hit on at work. Once I put on that wedding ring, there was a lot of very overt propositioning going on, a lot more than when I was single. The women are no different than men in that regard, not anymore. They don't stop. Tell them NO, tell them you're married, can't do it: none of that matters. They keep trying. There's a lot of desperate women out there, I guess, looking for a man that'll commit.

All in all, you've obviously been hurt by a man, or men, in the past and now you paint us all with the same brush. Frankly, I thought your letter was more than a little misandristic and gender biased against men. I'm deeply offended. I think I'll start #me3, call it my Serious Injury List, and list every woman who gave me a greeting then looked at my crotch, patted my butt, rubbed my arm, told a dirty joke, or squeezed their boobs together while staring at me.

Hey dammit! My eyes are up here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Previous Anon comment obviously written by an "Ally"

With an extremely high rate of soy consumption.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
decent story

but so different from the first. The question of celebrity hall pass is oblterated by turning wife and lover into unquestionable monsters. Have not liked the conclusion to one of these stories yet . Althoug This story , by itself , was entertaiing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
First time

I have ever noticed you make a mistake....... 29th Feb comes round only every 4 years, so covid could not have occured on the 29th the next year.

The best follow up story to the original was the one where he chased after her and took her home b4 anything too bad happened, disrespect yes but not adultery, this one is more than likely second. The original was still one of the best on here

JJ

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

Well, this story just got thoroughly ‘Tramped!’

jneric2691jneric2691over 3 years ago

Always enjoy reading your stories! Can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I’m never able to get through your stories

They’re usually too stupid. This one however, forced you to follow a template, so none of your supernatural shit or ridiculous, shadowy organizations of men were put into use.

I disagree with an earlier poster who said the women know how to commodify their sex would never run off like that. This is a Kardashian culture, and women get starstruck. That’s why this initial premise is in the realm of possibility.

A real improvement on the story, besides making sure that there’s no RAAC, that should be impossible, would be to plant some seeds so that Linda’s behavior would be at least understandable. Show her obsessed with celebrity culture, show her as sometimes flighty. I realize the original author wanted to come out of nowhere, but even one little sentence about her washing her Sharks jersey, for example, could’ve made it seem more real.

I don’t have too many problems with this one, except it’s a little long and followed by the numbers, so it’s boring. Also, as others have stated, there is no way that any mother would be okaywith her daughter getting knocked around by her lover. That rang so hollow, so false.

Author, now that your grammar has improved, I feel your main challenge is to understand how to present conflict that is severe and yet realistic. I don’t think you understand that, by making things so implausible, you diminish any sort of emotional connection to the story. I don’t see you getting it right very often, but this is as close as I’ve seen in a while. You’re not my cup of tea, but please continue writing. You enjoy it, and so do others. Who could ask for more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too much

i am 100% for BTB and revenge in this story, the disrespect and humiliation level was far too high in the original story and the reconciliation ending was bad at multiple level.

But this story...it's just too much, the bad characters are too evil, Marc was an asshole in the original story there is no need to make him even more of an asshole with the sms and the violence it's just too much, same thing with linda even if she was a bitch beyond imagination that night to protect someone who hit her daughter is just out of character.

It's the same problem as in the father justice, it's just too much, the antagonists are just too evil, which give a less realistic tone to the story which make it less impactful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another Brilliant Read!

Thank you! And even the fact that the hubby didn't have a smoking hot replacement by the end of it is far more realistic. It may happen, but I doubt it does as frequently in real life as it does here in LW.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
THE STORY DESCRIBES A FORM OF HERO WORSHIP

when a mate decides with a little help from their friends to live out a fantasy. TK U MLJ LV NV

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
The Contradictions In This Story Are Glaring

1. Linda completely does not value her husband and children, and then she values them way more than most women by far. Not value: the cumming on the rings, not caring that Marc attacked Jim and Emma but caring that Marc was hurt, etc. Over values: When she realizes how much she hurt Jim and the children and is going to lose them she tries to kill herself over and over and loses her mind. Which one is she, or does she have multiple personality disorder? And doesn't the fact that she takes losing Jim and the children so hard mean that she truly loves them, regrets her actions and realizes that she was wrong?

2. Marc's reputation and what Linda says is that he is a very nice man. It may not be that he is that nice, but he obviously wants to cultivate that image; otherwise, there would be rumors about him being a bad guy out there, and the original tells us that he is known (through the press) in town as a very good guy. In this story, however, he is sending nasty cuckolding videos with his face in it to Jim. He is breaking down doors and attacking the husband and children. Which one is it? Is he someone who at least tries to cultivate a certain impression with the public, or is he just an impulsive steroid head unable to control himself who doesn't care how he is portrayed in the press?

3. Jim says his children are the most important thing to him, yet does he do anything to protect those children? The exact opposite. He tells his 6 and 4 year old children to watch their mother kiss another man, which had to be traumatizing for them. When he could have eased off a bit after Linda tries to kill herself, he pushes her harder and harder so that she attempts two more suicides, and ends up in a mental hospital likely for a long time at the least.

4. He says he loves his in-laws, but cannot concede to back off slightly when his mother-in-law asks him to take it easy on Linda, at least temporarily, right after her suicide attempt.

5. His lawyer who hates Marc enough to represent him pro bono is able to be "friendly if not friends" with her ex who cheated with Marc. Yet, Jim who has two very young children, has in-laws he supposedly loves cannot even cut down on his hate one iota when their mother/daughter is suicidal and mentally incapacitated.

Who is the better person in this story by the end? A woman who we are told was a great loving wife and mother and loses her head for one night, or a man that over and over, during a long period of time, tries to destroy a woman he supposedly loved for 10 years, is the mother of his two young children and daughter to in-laws who were very nice to him throughout his marriage?

I have no problem with him being upset, not want to deal with Linda and go straight for a divorce. Heck I wouldn't even care if he slapped her around a bit and then divorced her. That to me is the most likely scenario, and a valid one. But this story portrays him much worse than Linda, because Linda's being a great wife for ten years didn't earn her one bit of respite from him. But worse yet he didn't care at all about his children, in-laws or anyone else. Just his own hurt. That to me is not a man, that is an impulsive child who cannot control himself and will take his pain out on the world. There are lots of people in the world like that. Most of them in our prison system.

SanzegoSanzegoover 3 years ago

So yeah, this is my favorite incarnation of this story. The husband's response was immediate and things seem to take on a life of their own after the morning paper. Good job.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Like

Like it when both culprits get badly burnt.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 3 years ago
You've gotten 128 comments so far right now - so good job.

But Feb 29th only occurs every 4 years - never twice in a row.

This is because a Solar year is actually really close to 365 and 1/4 days. One extra day every 4 years puts and keeps the calendar in order. Other changes are made every 100 years/ 400 years for even more accuracy.

These "most accurate" changes to the West's calendar system were instituted by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582. Wait - a scientific learned Pope that far back? THAT can't be -- according to a few really ignorant anti-Catholic and anti-Christianity writers and commenters at this site...(who also never heard of Pope Sylvester II circa 1000AD.)

As far as the plot of the story itself - just two stupid people doing stupid things. So far I like the original best.

Justbobkc

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
ST-

You did an admirable job on this. One of hardest jobs is to re-do a story and come up with a worthy read. You succeeded my friend. *****

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Saddletramp has settled the story as well as it could be settled, outside putting a bullet in Asshole's head. But his injuries, loss of money, reputation, and prison time to think about it all is actually better. Good solid saddletramp treatment did it up right. Anyone having sympathy for Linda is full of shit. The disrespect for Jim, and disregard for her family made divorce inevitable. The videos made him turn love into hate. Linda was one messed up cheating bitch and paid for her night of innocent fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Give it a rest

I enjoyed the original story very much, then the rewrites started showing up, for most of them,they sucked, this versions was bye far the best reboot

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Typical ST story

Over the top.with a nuclear ending,it is why I read his stories,bc they are over the top. The plot of the original was over the top,that a wife would so brazenly do something like this. IRL if she fell for the jock she would give him her number and cheat, not leave that night,for a woman to do what Linda did had to.involve something else. Did Linda maybe think Jim was so enamored of her and so nice that he wouldn't care she slipped off? Did someone slip her E or something? Was she hypnotized?

It was a flaw in the original story and it continues,why would she think this would be ok? Was this something the other women talked about,egged each other on, until they were convinced it was ok? No one can answer that. Was it celebrity worship? None of the stories came up with a reasonable explanation, other than it was stardust,so STs being over the top is not out of character.

Her concern for Marc also doesn't ring true,for her to ignore her husband she claims to love or her daughter when they get assaulted by Marc is way beyond unrealistic,it doesn't fit. Unless she had a real psychotic break it doesn't ring true at all.

And though she is so hurting she tried to kill herself ( which implies guilt,something she had none of),she never,ever expresses remorse or says why she did it,to the end she says it was one night.

As far as the old boy network in sports, take a look at for so many years athletes got away with sexual and domestic abuse. In big time college sports college police departments and local cops were there to cover up violence and rape, James Winston was not the first or last at Florida, Mixon beat up a girl in the cafeteria, and nothing happened to them, and it still goes on in the pros, despite some high profile cases like Ray Rice. The sports press would laugh at something like this,thinking it was funny.

For another poster,while adultery is a big factor in divorced it is not 70% of them, nor are 70% of adultery cases women cheating ( it is roughly 50 5o these days). It is true that in cases where a woman cheats and is found out,in 70% of those cases it is the woman who files,which gives a clue,women chest,not fir the sex alone, but to make up w what is lacking in their marriage, in other words it already is in trouble.

One note to ST and other writers, if a person reveals they are gay or bi they won't talk about their lifestyle; lifestyle is having an open marriage or being into kink. About the only people who call it a lifestyle choice are religious morons, it is about as valid as masturbation causing blindness, please don't use that term,it is offensive.

Anyway despite it's flaws it was an ST romp. I would live to see someone who could write this story and explain the wife's behavior,that doesn't rely on the Martian Slut Ray.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I enjoyed this version as well as the original!!! Great BTB aspect...

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
So.

Any chance of actually having a decent comment section without left wing moderation?.

Or is this a safe space and echo chamber where rimming the clique is the only way to go?.

Whoever did not allow my reply to the misandrist, you really are a pathetic spineless and worthless pos.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Visiting your galaxy

Love travelling galaxy to galaxy in your universe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

re: swedishreader1, cboji and anon 10/11/20 : ain't it funny how you guys are rushing to cry sexism and misandry because of a rational comment that didnt insult anyone? Yet if we look at the comments of almost every LW story, it's full of sexist and gendered insults towards the cheating wives like 'whore', 'bitch' and 'cunt.' Not to mention the death wishes and general rabid hatred. Did any of you ever whine about how sexist that shit is? C'mon, people. You shouldn't be the ones crying sexism. In this comment section, all I see are a bunch of pots calling a kettle black.

re: the anon commenter who said 70% of divorces are because of cheating wives : where'd you get that figure? what's your data source? Not saying you haven't come across a couple cheating wives in your time, but a little anecdotal evidence doesnt prove jack shit. Your argument about women raising violent killers is a steaming heap of BS. Violent killers are raised by men too. Some of the greatest rags-to-riches successes were raised by single mothers.

Shoulda left the original anon commenter alone and not tried to start a gender war.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Done

I actually joined after being only a reader for several years just to comment on this rewritten story. (Although for some reason it won't accept a security code from me)

I was outraged at how some authors dealt with the pure disrespect of the original premise, but I wanted to commend saddletramp1956 for dealing with the issue as it should have been handled. Kudos to your sense of "JUSTICE", Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST..............................................

Outside of all the "can't you get past this?" Bullshit, loved every bit of this. I just loved the principled character of the husband. You see so little of it in these stories. And it only makes sense that the wife would end up In managed care, if she thought her husband should stand for this shit, she was fucking crazy to start with.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

There isn't the slightest tidbit of logic in this story. From start to finish it's a weak man's wet dream of how to vanquish the interloper. To make that happen within the story the author chose to make the wife to be a non-caring bitch and a woman so overcome with regret she chooses suicide(sorta) all within the very narrow time frame. He takes significant liberties with how police work is done, how family law is applied. I could go on but I've wasted enough time on this poorly done piece of "work".

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
By far the best ending for this story.

This is definitely the most likely and most believable ending to GeorgeAnderson’s February Sucks story. Well...except for the home invasion and assault anyway. However, Jim’s reaction and subsequent actions are what you would expect from someone who was betrayed in the manner that Linda did to him, humiliating him in such a public manner in front of all of their friends. Kids or no kids, it’s hard to imagine reconciliation considering that level of betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another steaming pile

This is getting ridiculous. Where in the world is adultery illegal? What repressed regime has a say in adults having consensual sex? Why on earth would the team be sued? Any morality clause would cover illegal things like drug use, drink driving, gun ownership, rape or violence. This little fella fails to keep his wife and he has to deal with it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
* * * * *

Each of those asterisks stand for applause. I started reading with the intention of reading a page or so and then getting on to make dinner. I could not put it down .

- The very brief but extremely effective character development had me cringing in anticipation of how painful the expected cheating was going to be. Their relationship seemed just so perfect I couldn't imagine how she could possibly decide to cheat on her family - and then - POW! It struck me like a cast iron frying pan - an analog to the way it affected the hero. Damned effective!

- The reporter/legal elements and stupid jock actions played into the hero's hands, sure, but it was all so beautifully done!

Loved the "L.W." character. If you didn't intend for it to be so, it was none the less, an entertaining connection to the way so many Loving Wives story comments appear to be given as advice - as if anyone should be getting advice from a site publishing unsolicited erotic fiction.

When I first finished reading, I was thinking that it didn't have much erotic content. The more I think about it, the more erotic it is. Eroticism can actually be boiled down to the mental, emotional, and visceral reactions to a story's content. In that context, the rollercoaster ride from the highs of their sexily highlighted and very deeply loving life bond to the precipice of her ill-timmed betrayal and then the death defying swoop into the depths of his abandonment and humiliation WAS a mental/emotional/very visceral interchange for the reader. Pretty freaking erotic!!

All told, this was a graduate symposium in crafting a good story.

ST1956, I wish we could sit down and discuss this further over a drink.I

... Well,.. finally on to dinner,...

argeelogargeelogover 3 years ago

I'’m still trying to figure out if the friend(s) set the thing up or just went along with the spontaneous hook-up. Believable reaction by the husband but Linda continuously defending the asshole is too strange if it was just a spontaneous hook-up. And she showed no remorse until the very end. The writing gets 5 stars. The scenario sucks, figures it’s in February!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This version

Nice job. I like your version better than the original. I just scanned the original and maybe should read it sometime, but, with the way she just coldly walked away on what they were both expecting to be a special night between Jim and his wife is truly unforgivable. I can’t see anything she could do to undo the hurt and humiliation that she heaped on him for that “just one night”!!!

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 3 years ago

This was my favorite of all of the "sequels". A very good job of pointing out the audacity of Linda, Dee and all of her friends and the arrogance of "asshole". (I know, don't call him that. LOL). Thanks for a great rendition. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A little overboard

I generally like your stories but this one went a bit far. I understand hurt and I understand anger. But, the name calling, the treatment of the mother-in-law, the utter contempt for a woman he once loved was like the proverbial plucking wings off of flies. However, it still was better than most of the sequels.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

wow really raze this one to the ground.

complete opposite end of the spectrum compared to George's.

wasn't a huge fan of Linda attempting suicide and going to a mental health facility but it was good to see her having a semblance of mending the relationship with her family.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Hmmmmm

For being a shark, you got what you paid for from your attorney. She was certainly more like a minnow .

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Well

That's a big 180 from the original. But, the videos from Asshole kinda twisted the situation. Made it a completely different story. Very sad ending.

Should've let JOP handle Asshole...........

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

I expected Linda would get the full BTB treatment, and you did not disappoint me. I respect your take on the original story, although I personally favored GA's reconciliation. In your epilogue you mention that 2/29/20 marks two years since that fateful night; wrong, Feb 29th occurs every four years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank God!

The original pissed me off more than any story I’ve read in a long time. This ending wasn’t pretty but it did bring justice to the wicked! Thanks again

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Good to see the cheaters and schemers meet their karma.

This might be close to the last of the decent LW stories. LW has been taken over by cucks.

Still not sure why so many writers had to do versions of the original. It wasn't even that good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

With Friends like that He doesn't need any enemies .. Sadly I had the same type of friends when I was married to My First wife ..

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Wow greater

Dam man you know i never been so pissed while reading the original version so much bull shit WTF... but wow you made a great job fixing that...well done

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
DARK; COLD

Dark emotions. Cold actions by both Linda and Jim. I liked this version, but can’t help but notice that everyone involved lost a lot. Jim might have regained his self respect, but at what cost. I liked the original better. Although fraught with emotional conflict Linda and Jim were able to find they were happier together than apart. Everyone wins.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

LOL so glad he dumped that backstabbing slut. it just isn't real when someone stays with another who would do something so disgusting to them.

The original was weaker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better Than the Original But...

Hard to believe that after the glowing description of their marriage and the build-up to their “special” night together that Linda would just sneak out the back roof with another man no matter how attractive he was. After reading the original I couldn’t see anything other than a divorce as a result of the devastatedly cruel disregard and treatment of her her husband. - This story certainly provided dramatic events leading up to a necessary but sad ending. Still wonder how Asshole was able to take and send all those pics & videos while he was in the actual acts of sucking and fucking.(He must have had really long arms to be able to take those selfies!) Aside from the sex, Linda’s excuse of it being only one night in order to soften the blow for her actions was destroyed by her gargling then swallowing a mouth full of cum,taking it up the ass and participating in the cum on her rings humiliation! No sympathy possible for that twat! - It got a bit over-the-top as the husband destroyed the marriage reminders in the house as he also loaded all her stuff in her car (although there was a feeling of “good!” as it unfolded. It got a little crazy when “Asshole” showed up,smacked the little girl then ended up getting clocked with the skillet (He couldn’t see the guy running at him with a frying pan?!You’d think a tight end would be a better blocker!) - Even though Linda deserved to be divorced, I had to feel sorry for her for how she ended up. ~5~

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
Good.

Until you threw in the corona death. Never was one, never has been one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

My brother in law died from covid-10... He died just ten days after he was diagnosed... you trumpsters are pathetic... It's ridiculous what he gets you people to believe... And he isn't even that good a liar... A voracious one.. But hardly a good one...

The whole world is looking at you and shaking their heads at how utterly moronic you are...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sexual orientation is not a choice

To imply that it is demonstrates either pathetic ignorance or purposeful homophobia.

LeeinFloridaLeeinFloridaover 3 years ago
Much more realistic....

than the original. What kind of man would have put with the shit described in the GeorgeAnderson version?

Jimjam273Jimjam273over 3 years ago

A much better version of the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

With a much more satisfying outcome. But the comment by rimmerdal is correct, I’m pretty sure there’s never been a death caused by Corona. Heck, I’ve been drinking the stuff for years and, except for adding a few pounds to my middle, it hasn’t hurt me a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
..,yeah, .

...and maybe Asshole's team will make it to the Super Bowl, but hopefully wi t hout him on the team!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Problem problem ? Loved kids why cop first to check on daughter.

He had already incapacitated him and going to kill him and not check on daughter?

Marc has to pay for door etc

AlericAlericover 3 years ago
Much better

Than the original. I just have one improvement. Don't just kick him in the balls, take out both knees too. Make sure he is somebody's bitch once he goes to jail.

Ricky17Ricky17over 3 years ago

Very Good

Every thing in this story seemed to go to the extreme. Surprised that Jim was still single at end despite many oppertunities. As Linda became more lucid and seemed to finally see her part in this disaster, feel remorse

for other than herself I became anxious that Jim was weakening. However glad she got her dues! Well done.

Well written.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
A "Perfect Storm"

Boy, did the stars all align in this story!

1. A reporter just happens to be on the spot taking pics and video of the cheater's escape from her husband. Result: The power of the press and an investigative reporter providing free guidance and publicity.

2. Asshole sends electronic copies of self incriminating videos to Marc. Result: the divorce is a simple lock and load, fire on full automatic.

3. Lisa-lawyer just happens to have a bone to pick with Asshole and she just happens to be a renowned shark. Result: pro bono freebie by the best in town.

4. Asshole goes mental and breaks into Marc's house leaving obvious damage, attacks Marc leaving a big ol' shiner but no serious injuries or death, attacks a 6yo child leaving marks on her face but no serious injuries or death, Marc gets the drop on a professional athlete, knocks him unconscious and stomps his 'nads - and it's all witnessed by a reliable neighbor. Result: Easy peasy conviction on multiple counts for an 8-15 year vacation in the big house and an incomplete set of genital organs which no longer function properly.

5. Linda-cheater commits a serious attempt at suicide, then repeats, then repeats yet again. Result: Easy peasy custody award to Daddy.

.

I may have missed a couple "stars" but it won't matter. Since I didn't come to Lit looking for facts and logic, I have no real complaint about this Fantasyland story. Just observing...commenting...

.

Thanks to ST for a solid hit and my enjoyable read.

Keep 'em comin'.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 3 years ago
Far better effort

I could not give this more than a 4 though because of the fatal flaw in the plot. No wife would ever actually do something like this in this manner. Especially not one that loved their spouse and children.

Lashman89Lashman89over 3 years ago
Good old Saddletramp

Nice job, as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Outstanding

This is the best story for a long while. Superb editing and content. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Much Better

This is so much better than GA's original. How can a happily married woman be so mesmerised by the physical attributes of a jock as to abandon her husband and sneak off with him?? And how could Marc Lavalliere be considered a "Gentleman" in GA's story when he not only seduces MARRIED women but sneaks out the back of the club with the woman, to avoid the husband knowing until it is too late! A pillar of the community?! How come no one knew of his philandering? Thank you Saddletramp1956 for something much more realistic. 5*s.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
WHY BLAME A MONTH FOR WHAT GOES ON DURING ITS TENURE

its the people, the nations and all the interacting among each one. I wouldn't mind a Feb moving next door but I would not let him marry my sister/daughter. TK U MLJ LV NV

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
February sucks

I have read several versions of this story. The premise sucks, it’s so far out there, it’s hard to make it plausible. Your first 4 pages were fantastic, easily the best version I have read. The last 3 were fitting. Very well done.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 3 years ago

I like the plot, it is really nice and simple and not so far out. One great basketball player of the old days admitted f*g over 5000 women, many of which had been married. Everybody talked about him when he came out but never the affected couples; many hockey teams struggle to keep their young players out of trouble.

However I don't like the middle part as much as the beginning : I have seen cheaters, even serial cheaters but never have they flaunted it in their spouses face and very few people get off on humiliating the person with whom they spend their life and share kids.

I also doubt that a woman who can do that to her husband, in his face, would feel so much guilt as to go into that big of a depression, that is not consistent.

Still, a pretty decent story, I agree with Virgo6: better than most versions of this story,

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
6Hj7Fp

How come

This story, like most of this kind, takes the easy way out by making the wife a horrible person while the husband is a saint. Perhaps a storyline that made both the wife and husband flawed but decent people who are trying to make the best of a sad situation a more compelling tale. They may not get back together but the coming to grips with this trauma is what would make the story more three dimensional and not the usual two dimensional good husband and bad wife. Having a good wife and mother not only leave her husband after 10 years the way she did and then compound it by being unbelievably cruel isn't how they interacted with each other in the beginning of this mess. It doesn't make sense.

This author writes very well and would be better served, as would his readers, with a story about real people and not so cliche an ensemble.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

This is one of the best versions of this story. Linda almost got what she deserves. I think she should've lost any contact with her kids ever again. And the asshole losing his ability to get it up is good, but not enough. Still 5 stars for this effort.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
i agree with many of the comments

this is the best version of this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best Version Yet

I' read a good number of these versions and this is the best. Good to btb, but more important was to bring the hammer down on the Football player. Especially loved that portion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Can't say I liked this version. Linda's character just isn't credible but I guess you had to write her this way otherwise the story wouldn't work. But lets face it the whole scenario isn't credible outside the world of fantasy. But at least the BTB guys have something to jerk off to...

012Say012Sayabout 3 years ago

I like the original, always like a reconciliation, but this seems more probable. It is not a wild night that is unforgivable, it is the betrayal of sneaking out. My version, if I ever quit fiddling with it is closer to this.

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
Best so far.

Thanks ST56. This version is the best so far because it spread the consequences out to the people who deserved. I especially like where Dee ended up divorced. I honestly cannot comprehend someone's mentality that would accept RAAC. Although this is fiction, if a man did this to a woman every woman would be screaming for the bastard to be drawn and quartered or burned at the stake. I'm not a woman hater. I think anyone that cheats should feel as much pain that is humanely possible to inflict. I'm also socially liberal, but no fault states are bullshit. At least have fault and no fault divorces. That way everyone gets what they deserve. Side note --- Linda keeps saying it was just one night. Too bad she couldn't accept responsibility for destroying her family. (And don't tell me that she was by her trying to off herself.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Shoulda killed them both when he had the chance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Way to go, Saddletramp. Linda and Asshole both got theirs. Funny, the dumb bitch was concerned about Asshole's condition after he knocked her daughter across the room. Shoulda gave him another dose of that frying pan,6-7 more hits! THANKS, SADDLETRAMP!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...