All Comments on 'February Sucks -- Big Time'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 389 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Best So Far

I read the original and really liked it, and I've also read all the others that spun off of it. I think yours is by far the best. The cheating bitch ends up in a mental hospital, the Asshole ends up broke, broken and in jail and the husband comes out ahead. Nice. I thought the inclusion of an openly lesbian character was also good. I think that's a first for you. Anyway, nice story. Thanks!! 5 *

Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

I'm all for BTB and usually you nail that. But LaValliere going to his house and kicking the door off? Why would he do that. It made no sense apart from giving you an easy ending. He'd done the same many times before, a bit of bad pr for a few days wouldn't be a big deal to him

Shame, until then I was loving the way it was going

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

Excellent, 5 stars! Thanks for sharing!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
a story

I can live with

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just this should make her lose custody

AFTER the man attacked her six year old daughter (and husband).

"Emma?" she asked, surprised. "Is she okay? He didn't hurt her, did he?"

"Yes, he did," I said. "Don't worry, I cleaned his clock with your big skillet."

"Did you hurt him?" she asked. "Please don't tell me you hurt him." I couldn't believe what she was saying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm sick of this story, but...

...this was the best treatment of this story by a long shot. Now, can we please bury this story and never EVER revisit it again? PLEASE???

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fabulous

Loved it totally the best btb and revenge/justice tale I've read. Much much better, sorry george. I've not logged in yet so itll appear anonymous but I'm Dunny69

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
So

This was as good as it gets for trying to make something out of the absolute turd that was the original story.

Her going crazy was a bit much but over all not too bad with the material available to work with.

I must be a masochist, going to read the other days attempt at pumping something into the abortion that is February sucks.

4* for this.

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
WOW! Take No Prisoners

Well? You said it was a Saddletramp special. You weren't kidding. LOL. Think I like your universe better than the other ones. With so many references to a weapon, figured you would have worked that in somehow. But then again the skillet seemed to work pretty good also. Thanks for posting. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I like your Saddle Tramp treatment

There are a few more that should get it.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Another 5 stars from me. Great new ending.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 3 years ago

This is the best version of the story, that I have read. I can't thank you enough for staying away from the formula that seems very common, in these stories. The wronged husband happens to meet a woman, soon after the infraction, she ends up being the love of his life, and the story is all tied up, in a pretty little bow. Thanks, for keeping it real. 5 stars all day!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

dipshit mark got what he deserved hi there saddletramp you done it again

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done!

As I read your tale unfold, I began to pick up subtle changes and additions to George's original version. Then I wondered if there has ever been in the LW universe a story that evoked as much emotional stirring or the expenditure of as much intellectual effort to "fine tune" the original -- and brilliant -- story. Just that also is a loud testament to the literary quality of the original. I can't say with defensible conviction which version I like best. They all have merit. But I do lean in your direction!

I especially appreciate that you didn't spend time dealing with her "It was only one night" and "it was so overpowering to be wanted by The Prince", etc., and her inability to comprehend the pain and devastation she wreaked. I also think you captured and evoked as well as feasible the extent and depth of a husband's pain over the betrayal and rejection her actions caused. It let me "feel" much of that, fortunately without ever having experienced it myself. I had the passing thought that the degree a person's sense of loss, betrayal, etc., would be proportional (inversely) to the love initially experienced. The more the love, the more the pain. That's I know about.

Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enough, already.

The BTB crowd can't leave this story alone. The whole thing drips with psychopathology.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

This is my favorite rendition of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This Story Sucks Big Time

He says his biggest concern is his kids. Yet, when he knows they're going to show their mother with another man on the news, he tells his daughter to watch the TV making sure to put a wedge between the mother and the two very young kids. Yeah, he really cares for the kids.

He says he thinks very highly of Linda's parents and calls them "mom and dad", and that they've always been very nice to him yet when the mother begs him to not serve Linda is in the hospital after she tried to kill herself, does he give that one little bit to the "mom" that has been so nice to him? Does he care that he pushes the daughter of that "mom" to try to commit suicide twice more, or to be put in a mental hospital?

Again that his top priority are his kids, but he knowingly pushes their mother to be put into a mental hospital. Yes, he really loves the kids.

I went from the original hating what Linda did to this one hating the asshole husband, and feeling sympathy for Linda.

In the original the way Anderson had portrayed Linda I couldn't understand how she could do what she did that night. After reading this story and how loving Jim was towards his children and his in-laws, I can not only see how she could have gone off with Marc, but I'm surprised she was willing to reproduce with the piece of shit portrayed in this story.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Well that was awesome... and the husband's enraged reaction to her betrayal is actually the most realistic in all these versions. After being publicly humiliated in such a horrific way, the vast majority of men would go ballistic at the cheating skank when she slithered home.

Marc getting a beating, losing a testicle, and going broke from all the lawsuits was justly deserved. Finding out that he became permanently impotent after Jim's revenge was a nice bit of karmic payback.

Linda getting divorced and having a breakdown was also quite realistic. She fully deserved to suffer for emasculating her husband in such a horrific way and I had zero sympathy for the cruel, selfish bitch when she ended up in a nuthouse.

The only downside to what was otherwise a perfect BtB, was that the ending was so depressing. It's a shame that Jim didn't meet someone new. He should've been on the lookout for a new mom for his kids and he deserved a happy ending after going through that nightmare.

Best version yet... well done!

ranec1ranec1over 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

You write a great story as usual! I'm not sure what prompted you to write this one. It reminds me that I generally don't like these follow-ups.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finally ...... this story is finished .

I can't see this story being improved on . We have the correct ending , more or less .

To all those saddo's who feel reconciliation is the right thing to do ..... give it up .

Write your own story , your way . This one is done .

Thank you saddletramp1956 .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The best so far

The best of the remakes so far. At least justice was served to the those harmed in the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
outstanding

this is by far, the best follow up yet. love your work.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 3 years ago

Read the first page, too long couldn't be assed. Probably more of Saddletramp's snuff porn

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Saddletramp sucks, big time.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
Best version so far

I was expecting a typical Saddletramp worthy of an 80s movie plot. Surprisingly, this ends up being one of the more realistic versions of this story and my favorite. People have been talking about beating a dead horse, well now Saddletramp has blown it up. There’s no sense adding to it. As with the original, I don’t buy the MC ever reconciling with Linda because she never seems truly sorry for her actions- only that they upset her husband, which she seems to feel is his fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4

I give a 4 for all the different versions of this story even though the writing is very good.

All the stories fail a bit when the woman goes from a loving wife to a slut in a heartbeat.

Just not realistic.

I know as a man many times thought has gone through my brain about various beautiful women.

But never would a normal human consider demeaning their spouse like that.

I think if it happened to me.

I would burn my house down as a start.

Something for her to come home to

A smoldering wreckage.

Nothing would have any value to me at that point.

Even lives.

Still this is fiction.

So well done.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 3 years ago

Damn!! I love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
not RAAC

The Saddletramp treatment is of course almost by definition over the top, but the story was well written and it is nice to finally see someone treat Linda's actions both on the night she left her husband and after as unforgivable and not have the man take the woman back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked this...

As a Marine vet, I admire the fight in that little junkyard dog. I liked the skillet action and the kicks to the 'nads, but I'd probably have added a few kicks to pretty boy's face. It's good that he left the face alone. That way he's so much more attractive in prison.

Good job, Tramp!

hansbwlhansbwlover 3 years ago

Saddeltramp did destroy the sentiment of this story by introducing a multimedia message with pictures and text from "the Asshole". It became a completely different story and not so good in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Don't ever change saddletramp. The skillet was a nice touch. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
finally

Someone got it right!

I am guessing that the restraining order was lifted and that is why the kids and he could get close to linda at the institute.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Well done, saddletramp

Probably the best of the alternative finishes. A few legal issues with the divorce but not worth mentioning in the context of the story. Thanks for your story. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wanted to give you ten stars. This story resonated very well with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Damn,

Stupid whore did it wrong 4 times......hope the fifth is the charm

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 3 years ago
yes

i read the original, i thought it was worth more than 5 stars, i read the follow ups by other writers and liked them all, but this was the best follow up, im not gonna say it was better than the original, but you did it justice,, as allways your writing is great , loved this story and loved how you changed it,, thanks for sharing,, and keep on writing,,

SKHPSKHPover 3 years ago

In this version, Linda's behaviour was so far over the top that it destroyed all credibility.

Reading the other versions, I could sense what attracted the MC to this woman before the event. But with the contents of LaValliere's e-mail and her ongoing strange behaviour, I couldn't understand why any sane male would have married such a person. Whenever a cheating wife is portrayed this way, the story loses at least one star in my rating.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Now that was a great "consequences" tale.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

absolutely fantastc! too bad the limit is 5 stars, beyond ringing the bell and 10 stars

Danger09Danger09over 3 years ago
I have never been that dickmatized

This is exactly why I don't call everybody my friend. Even people you know for year's will stab you in your back. They will shit on you and tell you it's raining. I really enjoyed this story. Linda still doesn't see what she did wrong. She really expected him to accept her with open arms. She hasn't once taken personal responsibility or even said she was sorry. I don't believe she's sorry even if she had say it. She'd be sorry for losing her family but not the total disrespect for her husband, their kids or their life. I wanted to slap her when she kept taking up for that asshole. I would've liked to hear where her mind was at when she thought getting some strange dick from this guy was worth losing her life over? I have never been dickmatized at least not since I've been dating and married my husband. All I have to do is think of all I would lose. My husband's love, respect for me. My kids, my house. No dick is worth it. It angers me that this stupid stupid woman didn't even think of her kids. This is what dickmatization does to brain dead dick seeking gutter sluts.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

Thank you so very much for your version of this fascinating story. You have done the story justice in your usual straightforward way. Should be 10 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A much more realistic take on the husband’s reaction. Jeez, I never thought I would use the word “realistic” in regard to a Saddletramp story. LOL. But the reaction of the husband and his subsequent actions were far more realistic. Linda and their “friends” completely disrespected and humiliated him in the worst possible manner. So the husband going off the deep end should not be unexpected.

Unlike most of ST’s revenge scenarios, most of the revenge was self-inflicted. Asshole got his comeuppance after breaking into the house and assaulting two people. Linda drove herself crazy.

The one thing I did notice was the reference to February 29th two years in a row. Not possible, unless it’s the ST universe.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

So far, the best of the bunch. Well fleshed out, didn't go for the trope of getting with either the reporter or attorney, and justice was meted to all that deserved it.

5/5

GroundrodGroundrodover 3 years ago
Excellent

A great story made even Better..

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Well I definitely believe you nailed a husband's response to such an insane move by his wife.

A woman would absolutely have to have lost her fucking mind to do something like this.

I can see it happening with some wives if they thought no one would know but this premise was nuts.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

The original and all of the follow up stories have been very good. This one was great until Linda tried to kill herself. With what she did to her husband and kids she should have been fully aware of the consequences and had to live with them. IMHO the suicide is a bit of a copout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

1st reaction: another one?

2nd reaction: 7 pages? Really?

3rd reaction: nearly the first two pages are regurgitated? Really?

4th reaction: ...from there it was decent. Would have been much better if this was the one and only version. But as it is, just continuing to polish the turd that won’t flush so three stars seems fair.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 3 years ago
The best version

This was by far the best version. But please all you writers out there, can we now put this STORY to rest? Every time I see a new one pop up, i feel compelled to read it. And then I regret my decision. If I see one more version i swear I will.....read it. Ugh!

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityover 3 years ago
5

To quote one of Dave Chapelle's famous characters "I plead the fifth..."

5 stars

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Ha! Just when I was getting...

..really bored with any story with February in the title along comes ST to give it his treatment. Well all the cucks should be happy with some of the other versions and now us, the BTB brigade, are happy because it landed in the ST universe. The original really touched a nerve causing so many comments and alternative endings, including HDK's very tongue in cheek version, and although that original didn't suit my tastes it was very well written. As another commentator said a reaction like the mc in this one had would be closer to the reaction most men would have. Hopefully this has now ended....Many thanks ST you saved the day and ultimately the story. 5*

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Loved it and the “over the top” aspects of how it developed. I.m still unsettled as to why Linda would have reacted to the offer from LaValliere. I know her good judgement was temporarily unavailable But why?

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

You are usually very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Way to Go !

You definitely "scored a touchdown" with this story! Well done!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Excellent closure. 5*****

When Linda finally sees her kids in the hospital, it struck me how fundamental the bond is between mother and child. That was very good. The original story and all the variations resonate with me powerfully. This version leaves me wondering if she was just immature when she went off, or was it the mental illness that ultimately took her away from life? Powerful story. Good job.

G1962G1962over 3 years ago
Can't nobody tell a story like Saddletramp

I was not going to read this until I saw it was done by Saddletramp.

You can take a bad story, and make it golden.

There is no way a sane man could reconcile under these circumstances

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 3 years ago

Not quite a nuclear reaction, but close. Frying pan was a nice touch! 5*

Shavedbollox69Shavedbollox69over 3 years ago
Good stuff

Best of the bunch by far, time to put February to bed now I reckon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Now thats the ending

This sorry story needed. Either you or Vandemonium1 would do this justice. Love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is the best of the February Sucks Stories.

I think the length of the story allowed for more twists and turns, and rounded out the characters better, and then left a little hope about many of those involved.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
5 stars

The only disappointment: no nuclear bomb.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

5* Best Version so far! The lack of guilt and her concern for shitbag Marc over her husband and daughter makes her destruction imperative. Anyone who hates this version is a wimpy cucky loser. WRITE ON SADDLETRAMP!!!

Buck1974Buck1974over 3 years ago
Fantastic

No matter what you write you are a true legend. Even writing this you have proved how to write a story properly. Georgeanderson has got a lot to learn from the legend you are . So fantastic read and just what I needed . So please keep on writing these fantastic stories and show these newbies on how to write a proper story lol 😂

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

Easily 5 stars. To me, the best of all the versions. Loved how you handled Marc and Dee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A few typos and I felt Jim forgot Emma while dealing with asshole. Most fathers would immediately turn to their child once the attacker was laid out. It didn't seem like until after he was in cuffs he remembered her.

/

For those of us that have persevered since George's original, marking the change would be awesome, just a note to anyone else.

/

But ah shit man! You blew it!

You were going along so well but then there was the weird conversation with Lisa. I thought it made Jim look slow not realising what she was saying. But then Lisa's question was out of the ark... it makes me sad that anyone thinks of it as a lifestyle 'choice' anymore. That lost a star.

/

Then mention of covid, okay I can see the relevance, but I don't think 2020 comes close to 2019 for Jim. Covid is something I've actively avoided in stories and when it crops up will cost a star. Especially in your universe as you so often ignore stuff or add fiction to help you along. Most of the time I love that about your stories, this time it cost you, sorry bud.

/

All said, even with the Saddletramp treatment, it's probably the most realistic. It is certainly the best IMO. Thanks.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Best so far, but still had a few problems with the way it ended. With the suicide attempt and the hospitalization in the sanatorium there was a sympathy factor. Now if the author had painted her less of a bitch that might have been okay but she, in this adaption had no real remorse for doing it just for the fallout and still worried about her lovers health more so than her daughters. That made her look really bad. Anyway 4+ stars for a pretty decent attempt. Hope there’s more attempts like this one.

taylorsamtaylorsamover 3 years ago

Yes!!! That is how this story should be told!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The problem I have with this version (and some of the others) is the retconning of history from the original. In the original Marc didn't send Jim videos and go out of his way to humiliate him in other ways. In my mind, if the established facts in the original story get changed, the new version isn't really an alternate version of the story. The facts in any follow up version should remain the same up until the point where a character makes a different choice than was made in the original. At that point, I can accept events playing out differently going forward.

Jake7518Jake7518over 3 years ago

I agree with Spencer this is the best of the group; Thank You

Keep on writing great stories!

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
10 million stars

Thank you for writing this story. I love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I knew when pictures were sent Saddletramp was going nuclear on this, best ending yet to this story

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago

After all the torture the ending of this story has been subjected to ST gets it right.

Good job. Well thought out ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Better than the original. It left me somewhat empty. Love your writing in general.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Better but still not there

Still the same, just slicing up Linda in different ways. Now Marc, He just needs to be gone. His involvement in the story didn't need to be expanded. He just needs to be gone.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Total crap of a story opposite reality

When Jim flushed the rings down the toilet, he should have included this total crap of a story.

There are so many things wrong with the story that I stopped reading on page 3, and then eventually stopped skimming because it got worse. Unlike the original story, this is not an interesting story -- zero insight, zero drama, and only over-the-top hate. All the legal-related stuff is totally opposite actual reality. Jim is not allowed to throw his wife out of the house, or keep the kids way from her. There is no state in this country which still recognizes alienation of affection. And, no, no one is going to give Jim any money, particularly as all the damage has been done.

In the original story, marc was simply a selfish self-absorbed asshole. In this story, Marc is depicted as wanting to commit professional suicide. Story makes no sense.

Worst part of the story, however, is that there is no segway and nothing to indicate how Linda went from a loving wife and mother to someone who would allow Marc to cum on her rings and then put down her husband. Story is in ternally inconsistent.

So - no redeeming value to this worthless endeavor.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Sorry, Jim. I can use some freshening up, too," - I know it would kill the story, but they have a hotel room with a bathroom. Besides, why bother "freshening up" when you're going to be getting all hot and sweaty?

/

I would have told Jane, "Yes, I'd be tempted, and what do you think Linda would have done if I went off with her?" Not only would Linda NOT have accepted it, every woman there would be calling him a scum bag.

/

You changed her too much, since this is supposed to be a continuation.

/

She didn't see Marc taking the pics and making the video?

/

I know it's a small thing in the big picture of her betrayal, but I'm surprised that he didn't throw the anal sex in her face.

/

"My rings!!" - Her MARRIAGE is in the fucking toilet, and she's worried about her rings?!

/

"And don't look to the national sports press to give you any breaks." - I'm not so sure about that. The media is often eager to tear down sports "heroes."

/

"My mother came out with a dish of lasagna." - What is it with LW and lasagna? It seems like every other story has it!

/

"We didn't know it would be that bad" - How bad the KNEW it would be wasn't bad enough?

/

"Violation of that contract and failure to enforce that clause could potentially leave the team open to legal action." - Please stop this! The "morals: clause is between the player and the team. Violation leaves the player open to team penalties, that the team can invoke, or NOT, at their pleasure. It's like if our husband cheats with my wife, I can't sue you for not kicking him out.

/

"But I'm willing to do this pro bono -- free -- for you, anyway." - I can understand doing the divorce pro bono, she obviously has some personal reasons, but I would imagine that for any of the lawsuits she'd be collecting a standard contingency fee.

/

"Lisa wasn't exactly pleased that I mopped the floor with Asshole using a skillet" - Why not? It was a clear case of self-defense, makes a law suit a slam dunk.

/

"What did you do to him?" - WTF? No concern about Marc breaking into their house, assaulting her husband and striking her daughter, but she's worried about Marc?

/

"He's already shown that he's willing to break in and assault you and the children." - So a piece of paper is going to stop him?

/

His wife's in the hospital after a suicide attempt, and the plan on serving her there?

/

When Covid was mentioned, I thought the visits would end, driving Linda over the edge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Up to your normal Standards ! I have not read all of the other re-writes but of what I've read yours stands head and shoulders above all the rest including the original ! Having been cucked twice I wish I had had the opportunity to retaliate . I did catch the first in a bar and locked the security bars on the door as I entered . The second I glad to say , the last I heard was still with the cheating BITCH ! (may they rot together !)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best ending

Most of the attempts at a different ending to the original story were well done.

ST took it to a different level. Great job!!

5* only because that’s the max allowed.

Thank you for your efforts on all your stories.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

This is as it should be - no cuck, just family destruction due to a very stupid wife getting the ultimate consequence....

/

One slight miss was the attack, 1. Emma and Jim would have been directed to get a medical checkout, x-rays, etc. and bruise PICTURES of the harm Asshole did to them in the attack for Police evidence. 2. The skillet would be taken into evidence. 3. Often Police/CIS would instruct the homeowner to seek their homeowners insurance company to obtain emergency health/security services - insurance report/pictures are further evidence, as the Ins company will sue the offender eventually.

/

Saddle: What was so good was how this was explained AS NOT a RAAC'able event. But you did miss the STD aspect that could be present, especially since this was after post season NFL. I'm aloes not very convinced a 4yr old would be as astute as you depict. Mommy kissing another man other than daddy, yes, but the implications leading to divorce, hmmm not so much.

/

Still 5*, Hooyah, salutes....

awyldsideawyldsideover 3 years ago

thanks for your take. I couldn't get this story out of my head and it made me furious. Most of the other "reduxs" had reconciliation. I never could have. thanks again for putting this one in the ground for me.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 3 years ago
Definitely the best of the bunch.

But I ended up sympathizing with the wife at the end and saw him as an SOB asshole.

Even with all that happened you don’t lose your love for anyone that fast. He never loved his wife and was a piss poor husband. That doesn’t excuse what she did but just a fact.

And his actions after she tried to commit suicide and had her served in the hospital. If you ever had any feelings for someone you never would do that. Only the biggest asshole in the world would do that to the mother of his children.

There is no evidence to suggest she was ever anything but a great mother and loving wife before this incident. His reaction, while justified earlier, was way over the top. He obviously has anger issues.

And there is no evidence to support her reaction when she finds out that Marc broke into the house and attacked her husband and Emma. And from what she said he could have been nothing more than to find out what he did to Marc. Not meaning that she cared about him of what happened to him. It could have just been that she was concerned that her husband could get into trouble for what he did to Marc.

Again, this is well written but too much anger and disjointed to make it great.

sarumsamsarumsamover 3 years ago

I think this is one of the best redox it strikes as far more probable response to the situation he was faced with

marktacmarktacover 3 years ago
Finally!

Finally, someone has taken this abortion of a story and fixed it properly. Thank you, saddletramp, for showing how it should have happened. I know it's fiction, but any woman who acts that way deserves no better than what Linda got.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One and done finally done right

Fantastic rendition with an appropriate ending. Thanks much for this offering. No chump husband here. Just a man with courage and conviction that does what must be done in the face of true and utter betrayal.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 3 years ago
Nice Job!

My only complaint would be you left Linda with "But it was only one night!" all the way to the bitter end...would have been more satisfying for her to realize her responsibility after the second or third suicide attempt.

Shackman636Shackman636over 3 years ago
Thank you

Thank you ST for getting it right. I had hoped you would take this one up.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
2 thumbs up!

Enjoyed the story. saddletramp1956 did a very fine job here. You got my 5 stars.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Thank you, you got the balance right. I knew you would understand what was needed and give the story of revenge the edge it needed to make it work.

Well done Saddltramp, masterclass.

In the rating for this story, yours is first, Hooked 1957 is second and Writingdragon’s BTB third.

I know this tale is not finished yet, bring it on.

Scores 5/5

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

So far not one of these versions attempts to explain why a lady like Linda would have gone with Marc to begin with and why. It may be that there is no explanation to a plot so stupid as to leave hubby at the bar.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

PS.....

I would like to see Vandemonium1’s take on this story. Please Van if you fit your version of this tale into your busy schedule that would be awesome.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Normally I hate everything at this author writes but in this particular case this is a complete and perfect ending

This one that is based on reality and real human male reaction to the ridiculous premise set up in the original George Anderson story.

This is absolutely fabulous and every possible level. It is well written well conceived realistic and emotional

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice...complete rewrite...not just new ending!

Really nice variation. One minor quibble.....You lowered Linda’s IQ significantly.....the slut was still more concerned with her boyfriend’s condition than her daughter’s after the altercation when boyfriend got “skilleted”. Obviously....she got hit by more than one Martian Slut Ray.....

But as usual...you sure can weave a tale! Thanks!

mole114mole114over 3 years ago
Mother first

If he had hit her daughter she would of ran over screaming to her making sure was ok not asking about a guy who hit her she was a perfect mother one mistake doesn’t make her what you made her He wouldn’t of took her back but the way you portrayed her was not realistic sorry my opinion and like arseholes we all have one

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One Question

I really liked this one, but one question keeps bothering me. Why have none of the writers had the husband stand up from the table and tell the asshole NO, this is my wife and she is not dancing with anyone but me. Yes, I know that he might get his ass kicked, but I think that would have been a logical response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Scales of justice

I was very much captivated by GA’s original tale. The level of betrayal is just simply breathtaking - and like many of his other stories - we crave redemption for the injured, but cannot seem to pass fair sentence on sympathetic and complex characters. It would be so much easier if we had video and audio proof of a wife disparaging her husband while committing the ultimate sin - but you will never get that smoking gun from GA. And although several of the alternate endings have been entertaining, the subtle character shifts and less subtle plot developments overtly tip the scales so we can gleefully and easily now accept nothing less than a burning at the stake for the wife (or multiple suicide attempts). These alternates give me my Snickers bar sugar-rush ending as I am left satisfied, but the story is now completely forgettable just as a one-dimensional Saturday morning cartoon. I believe GA is a brilliant writer that is able to poise me on the knife edge of frustration and compassion and then leaves me to squirm in discomfort - that is his unique talent. In almost all of his stories I find myself begging at least for a moment for the husband to just scorch the damned earth, but we are left painfully dangling instead to wonder if redemption is possible - let alone plausible. But I also very much enjoy a black hat/white hat ST story, but I don’t think I’d ever go back and read it for a second or third time. My point? God knows...perhaps just to recognize GA for his ability to create in maddening shades of grey with audience that craves for black and white.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

Bravo! The story finally got a proper treatment.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Usual 5 Stars!

Suck Big Time! Geek note. You can't suck less than absolute zero since pressure measurement is negative. I use "Vacuum of deep space" which might be measured as 1.46 × 10^−18 Pa (Pretty darn small but not zero).

:)

Loved this. I like a RAAC every once in a while but Linda was definitely a BTB case (still sad though).

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better than the original

Five stars.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good take on this one. I like alternate versions. To me both the original and this one are equally well done.

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 3 years ago
Hardest choice averages the two

The original struck me harder than most LW stories. I’m often a reconciliation kind of guy, yet I still would have divorced her — especially given her open rapture over the memory of the sex and her showing remorse only for the pain she caused but not the act. The setup of the husband late in that one makes it too easy to keep her. This story is also excellent but the extra vilification of the wife and her lover makes it too easy to dump her. Nice job of BTB and the horse she rode. But for me, the emotionally hardest situation to consider splits the difference. Both 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...