All Comments on 'February Sucks - For Linda'

by Topspot101

Sort by:
  • 175 Comments
InfosaugerInfosauger9 months ago

Good, but the end seems rushed

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

Thank you. There are plenty of "February Sucks" follow ups and this is one of the good ones. You nail Dee's character pretty well, I reckon.

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg069 months ago

Loved it

Did feel rushed in the end

Would like to see more of Helen and Jim

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle539 months ago

One of the best sequels with an awesome plot twist!

Harryin VAHarryin VA9 months ago

What a awful stupid poorly written dumbass shit story. There are so many things wrong with the story it's hard to list them all. Perhaps the most egregious is the fact this is connected to some sort of high school thing? That wasn't in the original story at all.

.

And why is Linda's frienddee allowed to strike Jim and threaten him At several points in the story?

RePhilRePhil9 months ago

A little to much narration vs dialogue. A bit rushed at the end but a good read

DazzyDDazzyD9 months ago

I hope you find piece in your heart!

70slowhands70slowhands9 months ago

One of the better takes on February Sucks I have read. I gave it five stars. I'm glad to see Dee get the blame she so solely deserves. As to one of the previous comments, yes, there was no high school sweetheart in the original story, but it takes the story in a new direction. Isn't that what everyone wants a new take on the story?

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

Actually, it gave a plausible reason for the meeting of Linda and Marc which was different. A good effort, keep on writing.

As for Dee? Sadly, there are people like her, narcissistic creeps (male and female) who just love causing shit in the lives of their 'friends.'

MwestohioMwestohio9 months ago

No problem introducing a new major character. In this version its too bas Dee never had any repercussions

LarrynDallasLarrynDallas9 months ago

Interesting twist. Creative, but silly. But even an implausible silly ending is better than the original.

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

I like the changes to the plot. The addition of Helen was nice. You could have spun a little more details into the story.

Like when Jim saw Helen in the club just moments after finding Linda left him. He kisses her. That was a little abrupt. You should have had a line or two about how meeting Helen the week before had her on his mind. Maybe how she thought enough of him to come warn him about his wife's plans. How if she still hated him, she would have let him wallow in pain. That was just one example. Little refinements make a story that much better. I gave you 4 stars for this one.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica9 months ago

Yup, much better. Could use further editing, but 5 stars from me. For whatever that's worth, lol...

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy9 months ago

A very different kind of ending, and really entertaining! Thanks. Seems like Helen and Jim set up Linda instead of Jim being the stooge. I thought Jim might take Helen to his hotel room, but going to Helen’s house worked well too.

BalladeerBalladeer9 months ago
Agree with l0ver0tica

Needs editing but good story line. Some cry out for vengeance against Marc but who cares, he's just a bit player. It's Linda that did the dirty. So good job.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Kudos for an original approach to the never ending saga of Jim and Linda. ARGH! Downside was you didn't really provide the depth needed for the transition to flow better, leaving the reader with a bit of whiplash. (Not that the original didn't do a thorough job of it as well.) Given Helen outed Linda and Dee's plan, more depth leading up to the night would have provided better context. Did Jim try to get Linda to cancel the night or just have the two of them go somewhere? You picked up after the original had her leave the club, so you went into your version with Linda being a loving wife and that evening was a special celebration. In essence, you carried RA's flaw into your own version. The pre-contact between Jim and Helen helped a bit there, but not enough for me. Dee's part was overplayed to the point of distraction. I know where you were going, just too much. Final plot gap was even after Linda returned, Jim left and fucked Helen. Those actions weren't consistent with the characterization of Jim that you brought in from GAs version. Again, refreshing rewrite, but short in some critical areas. 3.4*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry, but this was really bad.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This will work.

Optimistic7Optimistic79 months ago

More than a bit unrealistic, but fun nonetheless.

deadonedeadone9 months ago

This short, but excellent, story really helps to firm up the overall Feb Sucks universe. There has always been the Dee problem, and while Linda may be very pretty there would have to be gaggles of younger more beautiful women at the club.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

You failed to mention the original author. Not cool.

TnicollTnicoll9 months ago

@HDK. This author also violated GA’s standards for using his work by not clearly identifying GA’s writing which the first third of this story was. It was clearly cut and pasted. Plagiarism, clear and simple. Lit should pull this story.

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Started out great. Kind of fizzled with the ending.

kencorokencoro9 months ago

Unlike the original, you made Dee the villain of your story but nothing happened to her. She even get a slap on the MC.

That change made Linda's comeuppance less fulfilling because now Dee is the main culprit.

Should have kept Linda as the villain.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurer9 months ago

I'm joining the call for this to be pulled until the author addresses the issue of plagiarism.

BBeinhartBBeinhart9 months ago

Go easy on the writer, @Tnicoll 😏 To me, it looks like a honest mistake by an inexperienced writer.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now9 months ago

Yep. Loved this take. Confirms the old adage, "The best revenge is a life well lived."

jocko_smithjocko_smith9 months ago

Yes, yes, he didn't mention George Anderson. and he should have. Good to remind him, but I'm very sure it was an honest mistake.

Is there ANY READER here who doesn't recognize "February Sucks _________" as variants of / homages to George's original work ?

I think that story has been re-done/changed/re-imagined more than any other story on Lit. Which says some good things about George's talent -- that his imagination is compelling. But that it was also very unsatisfying in its resolution, as so many have changed the plot to a greater or lesser degree.

I liked it

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just another rehash of what was a good story, originally. There have been so many rewrites that it's spoiled it, GA should never have given people carte blanche to write their version in the first place.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

A reasonable conclusion to the story of Jim and Linda. Props to the author for having the gumption to tilt at one of the largest windmills in LW. To their credit, the author did reference the original story, but did fail to mention GAs name. Honest mistakes like that are easy to make, and this one should be easy to fix.

maninconnmaninconn9 months ago

Suddenly a friend Jim hasn’t seen for twenty but has known since forever appears fully apprised of the situation and enters the fray on Jim’s side. Sorry, that stretches things a bit too much for me.

Prince020402Prince0204029 months ago

Wait - You're telling us that he saw Linda's picture in the blue dress on the "Marc wants you" site just two weeks prior. He is asked by his wife and Dee to go to the same club on that Friday night as Dee posted on the site. Then, that night Linda comes down wearing the blue dress that he's never seen (except on the "Marc wants you" site). They go, Marc shows up (surprise!!!). He asks Linda to dance, she leaves with him, he doesn't realize it and goes looking for her - this Jim is really, really stupid - Dee has to explain it to him because he "forgot all about" the whole Marc website thing until he turns and sees Helen. Way too much suspension of belief to take seriously.

waifwaif9 months ago

meh

I think this story is far past its sell-by date. Every new attempt to add a new angle to it also opens glaringly huge holes in the plot. I think this take should have ended with Helen and Jim leaving in a taxi while running over the dead carcass of the entire February Sucks Franchise and zooming off through a vortex tunnel of holes through the center of the original plot.

I mean no disrespect to the authors who have continued trying to sustain the momentum, but the original was pretty good, and I have yet to read any other version that improves upon it by very much.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

Your writing was ok, but overall the only addition was Helen and premeditation on the part of Dee and Linda. Dee was still a manipulative bitch and Linda was far too naive and weak. The ending felt like you were just shutting down at the end of the day.

JensensloverJensenslover9 months ago

Just stop with these continuations!

Also it went from what might have been a 3 to 1 with this "I was pretty-well raped" So over seeing that as a description for the husband divorcing the wife. It is NOT rape, it is NOT a violation!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No no no give it up guys and gal's you just cannot better the original

But I'm kind enough to not score you one or two just not score at all.

Btw you write well enough to do something original off your own bat.

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

A little short but at least this Jim had a spine.

Unfortunately it bore no real relationship to the original because GA wanted his Jim character to be a wimp, accepting of his new cuckold status, and Linda obviously the personification of manipulative bitch, a goal he achieved easily because despite the original being crap GA is a clever writer.

This iteration giving Jim control is nonetheless interesting giving him a happy ending unlike the first one.

SunnyU2SunnyU29 months ago

Not February Sucks.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yea, seems rushed. Needs to be fleshed out more.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown9 months ago

Yes, one of the very few realistic versions of one of the most putrid stories here.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This bears something like a sixth-cousin relationship to the original story. I guess picking it up where you did saves some setup.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

A different look at a well worn story and it good and l liked it.

Scores 5/5

PowersworderPowersworder9 months ago

It was good, but the ending was rushed.

You should've taken some time to develop his relationship with Helen, and also make Linda suffer as he coldly rejects all her attempts to reconcile.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

-3* for not letting that story die like it should have long ago...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

BEST ONE EVER. don't think this story line has been done before. GOOD ONE

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If Jim knew about the plan to meet Marc before it occurred but did nothing to prevent it from happening, the marriage was dead long before Linda left the dance club. That is not the premise for the marital partnership GA established in the original FS. This is a different and less interesting relationship between two equally obnoxious people. That they both tolerated someone as evil and manipulative as this Dee to be close to them throughout adulthood shows neither has sufficient insight or judgement to be a good spouse or parent. Why care what either of these characters would do?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story had promise. It needed to be fleshed more from the beginning to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A bit far fetched but as long as cheating skank slut Linda gets punished, I'm good. Would have been better if Dee slapped Jim in front of Helen so she could have kicked her deceitful ass.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story was very rushed and narrative driven. It also did not stay true to the original story. Three stars. Not one of the better efforts.

JPB

rockdoctor63rockdoctor639 months ago

Great sequel. Finally the bitch gets what she deserves. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A good spin on the story. Very creative. All the literary critics can talk about how it felt rushed towards the end and needs more dialog, but I felt it was excellent for being only your fifth story. Keep up the good work.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
Well

It definitely was a different take on this theme. Almost went past it though.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

erhmm...

I think, my opinion only, this story was just too convenient for Jim to be realistic.

He lost the moral high ground but yeah it went well with him, so that is that.

Well written but really just way too convenient to believe, thereby, losing the interesting aspect of the plot.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

felt it was good but in some way could have been better.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was OK. But like many of these “sequels”, depended on info and plot devices not present or even hinted at by the original. In this case it was Helen and tne high school back story. Essentially, this was a “turnabout is fair play” fantasy.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Best version of this story! great job & twist!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Too much irrealistic, with only one huge stupid person in this revision: the retarded husband. He had all the red flags before the awful event, and not only he didn't do anything, but after that, he didn't understand anything either. So, a totally brainless monkey. Not to speak of the unbelievable fairytale ending, that doesn't do any good to make this one a decent variant.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Other than the invention of Helen, I really liked this version. It would have been just a touch more realistic if when Dee slaps him he delivers a straight right to the cheek just under the eye, dropping her instantly.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ending and Jim’s decisive action made this version better that all the other versions I read. Only glitch was Jim/Dees conversation right after Linda left with Marc. Jim' s interaction w Dee didn’t step with Helen’s actions and her reveal about set up. With all the versions, Dee

not receiving a vengeful and vile actions is a disappointment in every version. TFS

Schwanze1Schwanze19 months ago

Clever and fun. Scene w Linda the next morning could have lasted longer

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Awesome twist….thank you!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer9 months ago

One of the better "February" stories. Many thanks. However, the link between the original and the new stories didn't flesh out. Jim has always been painted as relatively quiet and weak, a true beta boy. Also, not the "sharpest knife in the drawer", if ya get my drift. But even he, having been specifically warned by Helen only a week prior that Linda was arranging to meet Marc LaValliere, would have been alerted when he saw the arsehole walk over and do the whole dancing routine. So Dumbo Jim would have said something to stop any further progress, instead of just letting things proceed and sitting back like a good little cuck boy.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

I thought this was a creative take on a much-worn story. I also thought the author correctly made it short. If one is going to offer a slightly different version of a well-known story, the well-known parts don't need repeated.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

One word:"NOPE".

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"You helped split us up the first time." - Weren't they pretty much already split up?

~~~

"I thought you would love me enough to let me have it," - Why? Since she didn't love him enough to not want it.

~~~

"now the pain caused to me by his actions, means I don't want him back, either." - Which never would have happened without her actions.

~~~

"the grounds of my adultery" - HIS adultery? How about hers? Yeah, she didn't actually fuck Marc, but only because Dee called her about Helen.

~~~

Why did Linda give up the kids?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ok... but the ending seemed off.

CaptainbklCaptainbkl9 months ago

Good plot, even though I am beginning to hate the whole February Sucks theme. Terrible writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it very much, thank you. Could parts be implausible, hell yes, could this be a fictional story definitely.

I like when the wrongdoer has to live with the pain and trauma they cause.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium19 months ago

Great original storyline, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I like that he ruined her night and didn't waste time in his decisions, but not much from the asshole player and in this version kids weren't even mentioned until the end.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

By introducing Helen to the original story you completely changed the story, make him the bad guy and Linda the abandoned wife. Since child support and alimony are pretty much set formulas, his "getting raped" in Court seems unlikely and it also seems unlikely that Linda would move away, desert her kids yet see them once a week at her parents. What Mother does that? Gives up her kids, gives up child support and if she really moved away, gives up alimony. This was a complex story that you tried to make into something else and failed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hated the ending. And Dee didn't get her comeuppance. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Bad take. The way Dee acted would have gotten her assaulted quickly. The final slap alone would have ended with a punch.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

Different. Thanks

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker609 months ago

Yeah, don't get mad, get even. The only part that makes no sense to me, Marc brings her back? Unless he had already finished with her. In the story, she was in a trance like state, wanting to ball Marc so bad... but one phone call and Marc brings her back just like that? Not likely. I smell plot device.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

usaretusaret9 months ago

Well done, loved the table turnabout.

GrandPaMGrandPaM9 months ago

Please, no more February Sucks stuff,

KRD19254KRD192549 months ago

This could have been a 5* buttt.... when Dee slapped his face he should of slammed his fist in her face. That would be 5*, busting Dee's nose and putting her on her ass. +15yrs of manipulation(s) knocked down to size with prejudice.

\

Jim also should have sent his cell pic to her parents so they know for sure that Linda was the saboteur'ing slut.

\

Hard for Linda to find a new hubby with baggage. Jim was too kind but letting her Gma/Gpa constantly taint the kids is not good either.

\

4.4**** Hooyah

Rocky62Rocky629 months ago

Nice fork in the road! Yeay Helen

inka2222inka22229 months ago

W00t! What a pleasing sequel to a shitty original.

@KRD - are you fucking serious? They live in USA. She can slap him all she wants because women don't get prosecuted for assaulting men. If he as much as touches the evil bitch, he'll be in jail, not fucking Helen. In his place, fucking Helen surely trumps being in jail just for the dubious pleasure of smacking Dee's likely-STD-covered face.

Besides, he has money now. Nothing stops him and Helen from arranging a bit of behind the scenes revenge on Dee bitch.

woodrangewoodrange9 months ago

justice, love it

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Since Dee is such a fan of celebrity bangs the least he could have done was fix her up with asshole's defensive line.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit9 months ago

Excellent twist on the storyline, and well written. I thought it could have been a bit longer, Linda gave up much too easily on what was supposedly “the perfect couple”.

phill1cphill1c9 months ago

not bad, on the originality tip.

But the story is stupid to begin with and no amount of retelling it gets it above stupid.

And why do women in these stories just sob uncontrollably at any turn? This story was well written but ill-conceived.

MissMudMissMud9 months ago

I liked the story. A little “stretch” on believability, but an enjoyable read. Appreciate you sharing this. 5 stars!

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

Fresh take on the storyline and I liked it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a rather unique twist and definitely a better story than the original. The only problem I had with it was that it seemed rushed where I would have enjoyed a bit more depth.

sf_operative63sf_operative639 months ago

Well done ..excellent read.

DOL

lujon2019lujon20199 months ago

Eh, shouldnt have had Helen inform him of his wifes plans BEFORE the club but during their talk at the club

No man willing to leave a slut is going to "forget" she was planning to be a slut

@ AutistAdventure - go eat a bag of dicks, also look up what the word plagiarism means

Tomh1966Tomh19669 months ago

Meh but gave you a 5 to encourage you continue writing. Learn and keep writing. One thing is clear, you can come up with a plot and that is what it takes in the long run.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, finally a completely different take on that basic story. Liked it.

enderlocke77enderlocke779 months ago

This one actually made more sense than the fact she saw a football star and said fuck her life and left her husband sitting there. Well not the loving wife she was described to be

enderlocke77enderlocke779 months ago

Oh yeah don't forget to mention the original author for the thousand time. Actually don't like the original version at all

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Too many holes in this rehash.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I must say that this is quite possibly the best conclusion to the story. 5 HUGE stars! DMW aka Sumnut

Topspot101Topspot1019 months agoAuthor

I do apologise to GeorgeAnderson for failing to mention him in the forward. It was a stupid mistake to leave him out.

Thanks to all those who reminded me.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Among the worst yet. Jim knew she was going to do it and did nothing, making him an even bigger cuck. Actually makes the original story even worse.

Write your own stories, don't use someone else's horrible story to gain readers. Pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hoorah! Finally another take on the GA classic. They seem to be getting a bit thinner on the ground lately. As you might suspect I'm a sucker for February Sucks. This a very fresh reimagining of the original. Congratulations! I am not in the slightest disturbed by the 180 degree turn from the original plot. Taking GA's premise of a wife publicly cucking her clueless husband and making something new of it is very creative and deserves 5 stars! Thank you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous