All Comments on 'February Sucks Forward - A Year Later'

by Omegaman56

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Decent story. I just think that Alan would have given up Valerie's account willingly to get away from Terry and if he hadn't already done so, he would have then filed the divorce papers. Intentional cheating and public humiliation would mean a divorce, and most men would fight tooth and nail to never have to deal with the cheater ever again.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
It was a hard struggle to give you 3 stars

You need a proof reader/editor badly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’m so tired of these endless endings to what was an indifferent story. Nothing new here and the editing sucks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yawn........that Valerie is a bossy controlling beotch..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Valerie, take your threats and shove them up your ass! You can’t bully me, and if my boss gives me any grit, I’ll sue him and you too!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I gave it a 5. Best of the "February sucks" breed as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing I'd change is call her Valerie Perrine instead of Valarie Perry.

I had a huge crush on her way back in the day.

Excellent ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You need an editor!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have no idea why people keep writing endings for a story with so many plot holes and just garbage, but this is worse than most of the attempts so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another good one Omegaman. You are getting more followers all the time! I would say she found out she screwed up! I love a RAAC!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please, even though you screwed up the stories by combining two the whole premise of the original SUCKS and so has every other attempt to finish it. Please for the love of God let this stupid story die.............!

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

I, know ewe, dew knot think, you, have,,,,, issues. But I saw, quite, a few, places, where, ewe,,,, used,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, homophones, and,,,, eye,, am petty,,,,, sure,,,, you are using two many commas,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,

but eye might bee wong

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago
Poor story

Too much of this, less than interesting, tale has been written. It wasn't a great story originally and, with a very few exceptions, it continues to drag it's fingernails along the ground! PKenny5860 and Saddletramp did better than average attempts to save this derge of a tale....but it's way past dead! let it rest! I'll be happy when it's gone!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If it wasn't for my entitled ass and my big mouth, I would still be married too, Alan.

When did alan join that conversation? It is one thing to have poor grammar it is another to have the meaning of a sentence be completely different due to poor writting and editing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I actually wrote this before I even finished reading it. Did you even read the original story? It wasn’t Dee who cheated with Marc. It was Terri. You shouldn’t even have posted this mess. At least be true to the original plot and characters or warn that you aren’t.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 3 years ago

You should take this story down and have your editor go through it before reposting it. It is as bad as anything I have read on here,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not sure what really changed with these two. She knows what she lost and he knows what he gave up. Is that enough for him to believe she will never cheat and is that enough for her to forgive that he tossed her out on just some bar talk with coworkers? It has only been a year, right? Hell, in a few months Mr. best looking man in the world will find a very beautiful honest woman and she, if she puts on some weight and hits the Gym would not spend a night alone for the next decade.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"Also don't bother to comment on my Grammar this is my style of writing." - Bad grammar isn't a style of writing.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Okay ending to a difficult story. Thanks anyway.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

I think you found all of the different ways to spell the ex-wife's name. Pick one and stick with it.

russ603russ603almost 3 years ago

This is just juvenile! You said you used an editor, and if that's true - well, you really need to change editors. The first page of this story is so full of errors that I simply couldn't finish it. The names with it do not make any sense except for Dee being in it. Nice try, though.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

With the of exception “February Sucks - Linda's Choice: 4 Part Series” by Kalimaxos, follow-ups to the George Anderson tale have been poorly contrived, highly predictable and rather uninteresting. This tale is no exception (2 stars) nor are we likely to read anything worthy of more than 3 stars moving forward.

Fatass47Fatass47almost 3 years ago

So poorly written it’s difficult to read. Don’t give up your day job.

Eveready1999Eveready1999almost 3 years ago

In the original story Mark did fuck her, while in this new ending you play it like he never got her... bad.. very bad from an author's perspective. The rest just faded away. Proof your work and let a 3rd party help you edit as well-- just my 2 cents....

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

Duck an editor, write a better story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ummm except for brief appearance by Dee and Marc who are these people and except for a cheating spouse what is the connection? Your English as a third language dialogue was actually a positive. I like stories with conversations over a news paper report. This RAAC was ok.

Please bury the February Sucks and move on.

JRandyJJRandyJalmost 3 years ago

WTF! I've enjoyed most of the Feb Sux versions. Not this one, read to the conversation in the booth and quit. Who the fuck is Alan and Terri? The rest of the story may have answered that but no way I could there. For those who complain about the different versions of this story, NEWS FLASH!! Don't Read Them. Must be dumocrates. If it's something They don't like, then you can't write it. And no I'm not the other (Rep). I'm Independent, I like to do my on thinking.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Way too silly but I'm in the mood for a happy ending so thanks!

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 3 years ago

Pretty average follow-up to the original. Lots of lecturing by third parties, not particularly convincing resolution. One meeting in a nightclub that didn’t actually address the issues that caused their problems combined with her suddenly deciding to give him her ass isn’t going to fix things.

Oh, and you *DESPERATELY* need an editor. FAR too many misspelled words and incorrect word choices. Spell-check is not equivalent to editing a story.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 3 years ago

3* Take some pride in your work by finding a good editor to combat your bad spelling, poor punctuation, grammar, and character name changes like Terry vs Terri. Your husband MC is a pussy.

darklogicdarklogicalmost 3 years ago

Please, if you don't get an editor, at least pay to get Grammarly. This was painful to read.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

A fitting conclusion, but could have been organized better. After Mac’s legal and career troubles, the epilogue should have included Valerie’s response to her husband’s escort incident(s). Then, the part following Alan’s 70th birthday party should have ended the epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this is terrible writing. i appreciate your efforts but this is all but illegible

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dumb story. If she has to wear a chastity belt, have a tracker on her car and wear a GoPro she can't be trusted. Period. End of story. What man wants to track his wife and worry constantly what she's doing when she's out of his sight? He'll worry himself into an early grave. Not a good way to live. The ending was both improbable and unbelievable. As for Marc that ending was also unbelievable. Look at the crooks that play in today's NFL. If he can play someone will take him. Besides, he was rich to start with, all the lawsuits would have failed as they are without merit in a Court of Law. Being married with 4 kids and working on TV on the West/Best coast would have been a great life after he retired. This was both poorly written and badly thought out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There are enough grammatical errors to make me stop reading.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

I hate this February sucks story series. plz stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would have thought that "CLYDE" referred to Clint Eastwood's partner in his monkey movies . As when Eastwood tells him "RIGHT TURN , CLYDE" !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree with the writer on two things, Randi is a truly amazing writer and Vagabonds best story ever! That said, even she couldn't write a version of this story that would interest me. Four versions were enough - forty is bordering on criminally insane!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked where you went with the story but what fails me is how it is only a year, right? He should still have some concerns about what she had said and to whom so how does his trust come back so soon? As for her she says it was just some bar talk with friends and she was not serious yet this guy tricks her in a way to confess that cheating with a jock or a beautiful star is a deal breaker so he divorces her immediately. No chance to work this out. And she whines and cries and gets emaciated over him? She wants him back as is?

Neither grew. Neither really changed. They just clammed up and whined for a year.

More issues to follow if they just jump back together.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 3 years ago

Writing like a dyslexic 4th grader isn't a "style". You're just a bad writer, and the worst kind at that: one who refuses to learn from his mistakes and make an effort to improve. So don't sit there and act like everyone else is the problem.

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

Don’t like the way Dee was treated. Sure she was a not the greatest person granted, but she seems to be blamed for all the shit that went down. She was no more to blame than any of the others who supported the wife’s fling with Marc. Yet she is the only one who is never redeemed.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Couple editing misses, but solid story overall. The whole premise was over the top, but you incorporated several "life lessons" for us readers, if we bothered to pay attention. 4*

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star and no comment

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

Never attacked writing. "I can do something to someone". "I can also do something too someone." "I can do something two someone." It is the fault of programs you use. It can make the same mistake humans do just not have any excuse. In 1993 I purchased a computer when I was at COMPUSA buying a typewriter with spell check because a salesman showed me Works. Works, Word, Office, whatever still make the same mistakes it did then. And when I type in words it does not know the meaning of it still makes the same mistakes. Even when you add a word and it has two words that sound the same you can get the same mistake. The real mistake would be for the people attacking grammar to attack Shakespeare of Chaucer because of grammar to mean shirt to you. Truck them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your preface said your bad grammar was a style. Seriosly? That just being lasy in my opiniun if yor eyes hurt so bad why you be to for writting? Woodnt watching the boob tube (for all the younger people or non-Americans, television) be a batter pasted time? ... If I ever hit someones car in a parking lot I'll preface my note on their windshield that I'm a bad driver. I'm sure they'll be mollified when I tell them that bad driving is just my style. PS... Your style, and all that copy it, distract the reader from the story. Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don't blame your eyes, if they're that bad don't post anything til they're better. You NEED a new editor!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

From the author at the start: "Also don't bother to comment on my Grammar this is my style of writing. I will not change."

Well fuck you! No wonder its almost unreadable, why bother having an editor who is shit at editing AND writing? Will know to NEVER read illiterate garbage by you again.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

"Omega" seems accurate.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Any story where Marc the Asshole gets rebuffed and gets his butt kicked is good by me. Seeing Dee embarrassed twice doesn’t hurt either. Grammar and punctuation both a little rough, but still a good story.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Sorry, one too many versions and hard to believe it was ever edited.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I appreciate the effort, but it was too contrived, even ridiculous. Also, and worse, it was boring.

But thanks for the effort.

Dlh143Dlh143almost 3 years ago

Pathetic through and through.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Interesting comment about the 60 to 70 age group.

The good wives tend to think the old boy does not need it anymore?

Or is it there are more single women in the older a age groups?

On average women live longer.

Cheers.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Stupid story, garners a healthy 1/5

JRandyJJRandyJalmost 3 years ago

Omegaman, Sorry, I just read the story and answered my question in a previous negative commit. Now I know who Alan and Terri are. My Bad. Changed the rating of this story. Again Sorry, keep writing.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Not really RAAC since they never divorced!!! I would have reacted differently to Valaries ultimatum...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I gave you a 1. That’s how I vote for poorly-written stories. I will not change.

Seizeya1Seizeya1almost 3 years ago

I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks about how it. was written. Just happy to see a guy with a backbone win one. That's it. Done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
? 1 star

just another WIMP story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

some good some bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Number one group of cheaters are men, of an age that their wives have gone through menopause a few years ago. Hmmmmm.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 3 years ago

Sorry. I couldn't finish it.

Just didn't care.

I always appreciate the effort that writers put in.

But, that's the kindest thing I can say.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent!

Since neither of them actually cheated, and were never divorced, this is certainly not RAAC. Just a couple of lovebirds who came to their senses and re-united. Great sequel, very touching.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent finish. Must have worked, there were kids and grandkids mentioned. I'd like to see her tattoo, too! Look at all the people that favorited it. Good job!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

How did I miss this 'fic, when it first came out? Nice conclusion to a nice story. Thank-you. Just one small quibble. IMHO the epilogue was too much. I thought your tale ended nicely before the epilogue. Again, just my humble opinion.

-

Thank-you for the good read.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

good story and well written, nice twist and an enjoyable read. Once I saw it was a RAAC i almost passed. Just wanted to commend your story and say well done.

Even if there is no way in this world that real man would every give a disrespectful whore like her another chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't think I read this part. It's a testament to your writing, As I've told you, you are up there with the very BEST! Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BARF!!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Men between 60 and 70? Get the fuck out! I'm going to have to google that. Seems unlikely but if it's true, I'd bet it's only true since the availability of Viagra and the like.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Just read thru the comments- a lot of haters because of the poor editing. I give the story a 5, simply because of the wisdom of Valarie in her talk with Terri. That's good stuff, and the rest of the story fit, too.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

WHY

Why are so many of you readers and commenters of free stories so VERY RUDE?

Did your mothers and fathers die before they could teach you how to act as children and later as adults?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think your take on "February Sucks" is the best I've read. Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought this was the true philosophical child of the original February Sucks. I think the story was much briefer, and of course, inevitably did not have the same emotional impact because "the surprise has already been sprung" so to speak. It was a perfect logical corollary however, so bravo on that! Thanks for your work on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I just realised I am between the age of 60 to 70.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

oh, oh I am 62

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

NFL morals clause hahaahahhh

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m 80, what are the stats for my age group of men?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

This wasn't a RAAC, it was a Reconciliation.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"That list would allow us a hall pass to go to bed with them." - So, even if his initial speech WASN'T just a set-up, he DID have a hall pass for Valarie that Terri was going to renege on.

\

Unless you say up-front that making the lists is just for "shits and giggles," why couldn't you use it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done sir. That’s the most rewarding story yet. Almost killed Alan and Terri but worked out in the “end.”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would have walked out of their . My waives best friend set Me up and I did leave ...4 Stars on a good movvie that I enjoyed

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed that got some laughs and another new perspective on this story only think i was/am confused by is he refuses to let his wife destroy his emotional Dominance but the rich bitch he doesn't tell to go stuff herself? i dunno did i miss something? "Valarie saw Alan's reaction and spoke up. "Alan, my dear, do you want to keep my account? I want you to take your wife and dance with her. And as long as the band is playing slow-dancing songs, you stay out there. If you do not, I imagine your boss will not be happy about you losing me as a client.""

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

What a crap version, do yourself a favour and do your research prior to writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars to the writer! Excellent Version, I love a Happy Ending. Thank You Very Much. George Anderson is a Masterful Writer and produce almost a "Kobiashi Maru" (Star Trek Ref) Senerio. Almost no way to win one of the most horrible situations for a Husband. I was immediately taken with this premise that I really would like to write my own version of a sequel. Thank You for an Excellent Job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story line and characters.

Execution: Meh

Great need for editor.

OreospazOreospazalmost 2 years ago

Very good,well written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What makes a Man think that his wife will not cheat if she has Alan's ass printed all over her body . It would just be a turn on for another guy . Heck I was dumb enough to take My ex back after I caught her cheating the first time . I hate the No Fault Divorce laws in California . Also She cheated on Me a lot but her friends and My so called friends always lied for her . I dated a girl who was a post divorced friend of hers . That's how I know she was a cheating machine

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 2 years ago
And what did she let him do that was so special?

I bet you she swallowed.

There’s a joke—

Two guys talking:

It’s a tough choice — Janet’s pretty, a great cook, makes a good salary, even keeps a clean house…. But Sally swallows.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An imaginative take on GA's eponymous story, but like all of the reconciliation versions it fails on the bedrock of respect- both marital and self. Most marry because in a vast impersonal world, you have someone to witness that you counted and we're important to someone. They have your back. Necessary respect for both sexes in a marriage. That is why a marital partner almost always apologizes for disrespect in front of friends and aquaintances. The play on this is what made GA's original a masterpiece. The variants that go against this social fact just cannot be made credible even as literat exploration. No married partner could return to another after such a public display in front of collusive friends out of self-respect.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The nfl clearly has no morals clauses. Eveytime they let another ashore walk or continue to play the prove it. Best thing we all could do was boycott that business and bankrupt them. Statistics on cheating are in constant flux. Men in that group are number one because they get caught. They are not really number one, 50-70 percent get Ed, and require much help. Most likely ages for women are 29,39,59. Female cheat rates have been on the rise for three decades. Amongst millennial and gen x, female rates are now higher than male cheating. Society empowers female cheating, and urges them to assert their sexuality, code speak for cheating.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Tell her to take her account and SHOVE IT

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like the Valarie character. She is the only mature person in this chapter. I get why Alan would be very upset. But really going for a divorce then not filing it? And how did Terri not realize no divorce? She never go the final notice so by definition not yet divorced. Pretty straightforward. And seriously yes she mouthed off, disrespected her husband, and hurt him but he acts like he is about to see his marriage executed. In first chapter his arguments were compelling and he twisted the knife and claims to forgive her at the end but then seeks divorce? Are both of them so terrible at communication and empathy that they can't find a way to really hammer out a way forward with her genuinely sorry and committed to the marriage? It takes a year? And really to all the btb crowd in the comments section you think a marriage needs to be torched because of some comments made in a club on a night out on the town? Valarie was right when she said divorce would be 100%. The wife did not cheat even with a little 'c'. What she did was overly voice her feelings about a freaking fantasy. And yet Alan thinks it is a death sentence? Good luck dealing with a lot of the other nasty crap that life can and will toss at a marriage.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

@TraLaLa Re: WHY? - For you to complain about rude commenters made me laugh.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 1 year ago

Cute story, but you are just an old softy. Oh. Do you hear that? There must be 90,000 in the crowd. They rise as one and shout in unison: RAAC, RAAC, TAKE HER BACK. RAAC, RAAC, TAKE HER BACK!!!! Also, please get me George's contact information. I wanna beat the hell out of him.

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 1 year ago

quote with two bodyguards standing at each entrance to the booth unquote

Is that 2 body guards or four

If you meant two then why not say quote A bodyguard at each entrance unquote

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Almost good finish, would have been more fun if the cuckolder became the cuckolded and stuck in a marriage finding out his kids aren't his. It all being a set-up of the people whose lives he ruined, with his wife being a hired prostitute with no morals what so ever that gets her kicks humiliating bastards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your last paragraph is very interesting. I wonder why men 60-70 are cheaters.

Well maybe their wives have gone through menopause are are not interested in sex any more or the sex is no longer rewarding for the man. So they go looking for a younger piece of ass to satisfy their needs. After all they have, most probably, put themselves second for wife and family and are now looking to put themselves first.

Just a thought.

Also, I wonder how many of the men (60-70 years old) who are cheating had wives who cheated when the women were younger.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmegaman56@Omegaman56
I beleive in honor, integrity and man keeping his word with a handshake. I am judgmental only to the point I make sure I live up to my own standards of other people. I like to see stories end where earned forgiveness given. I am much more likely to believe a man forgives t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES