All Comments on 'February Sucks - Gone Girl'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 319 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best top five renditions of this great story. Thank you for your effort in writing the story .

Frog 308

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

I just discovered this story and I am impressed by thus version, which veers off in a different , unique direction from the original. 11 pages was too many oages. But I loved this version one of my favorites! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Tooooo loooong. Really a fantasy world. Blending a fantasy world and the real world is difficult. The author deserves a 5 for creativity and a marvellous effort.

On the other hand, I do not recommend this long read. It required a lot of emotion and in the end it left me feeling flat. I read for encouragement and hope at a time when my life sucks.

Normally I identify myself, but this time

I remain anonymous.

sf1134sf1134almost 2 years ago

Good story. I’m beginning to believe that the software used on this website is most of the cause of poor proofing and wrong word usage. However, things are hung, people are hanged.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This ending simply ignores the realities of human nature and the typical effects of trauma, rape, confinement and isolation on personality structure and coping skills. Yes, there actually are published studies on these topics, especially in the field of correctional psychology. Immediately upon her return from abduction and confinement, Linda would be expected to show a marked decline, or more accurately regression, from her previous baseline in terms of emotional maturity, impulse control and conflict resolution skills. She successfully resolved her most important interpersonal conflict of the past two years by murder accomplished through direct physical assault using a frying pan and a butter knife. Isolation and abuse would not have simultaneously taught her empathy and compassion. She would likely be frantic to reclaim her relationships with her husband and children upon her return, and would react violently to any hindrance she perceived toward those goals. The bittersweet, mutually acknowledged as necessary parting from Jim that is depicted here would be unlikely to ever take place but could perhaps occur following years of intensive psychotherapy subsequent to her escape.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

A very good and unique ending to the story. Showing both spouses point of view of events.

An interesting dilemma where both possible outcomes are acceptable and understandable. If the ending had shown Jim and Linda back together it would have been a good story also. Maybe even longer :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4 out of 5. Would have been one of the best revisions, except that the “so called friends” received no punishment. Divorces are the result of being bad spouses, the need to suffer for what they did to Jim!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jim's reaction to hearing about Daryl doesn't make a lick of sense. And Linda's homecoming was beyond cruel. This was horrific.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Hits all my points of being a hit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a great story! Defiantly a strong 5. Your character development was exceptional while to me, all the elements that make a complete story were present. You are an exceptional writer here at Literotica.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

If the author left out the make up sex part then it wouldve been better. He was no better than her prior to her kidnapping

dragonwelshukdragonwelshukalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this. Way better than the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story, but tooo long. Interesting enough, but not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well-written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Didn’t think that the follow ons could get any worse.shows how much I know. Pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If not the worst sequel definitely a close second

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Wow… just wow! Really loved reading your version. So, different… yet I felt very real. This will definitely be added to my favourites list. Thank-you so much for this very enjoyable read; and your talent!

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

Actually changed my mind it took the original cuckold premise and turned into a psychological thriller per excellence. I personally would of have probably gone for a blended families type dynamic Linda obviously loves the husband and the whole Ellen thing was too forced especially seeing as she's his councillor?! But sometimes damaged people need other damaged people around them especially in a traumatic situation like this one was.

kroellekroellealmost 2 years ago

Nice out of the box thinking, and well written to. A long but very good read - thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Linda is raped for two years and doesn’t get pregnant. She returns home and Jim’s only concern is that she played a prank on him and that is enough to end marriage. How did Daryl get Linda through the airport drugged as she was without anyone noticing. Where did the charter plane end up. This story had great potential but it crashed badly.

Smiffy69Smiffy69almost 2 years ago

A right and proper ending. For a moment, I feared a reconciliation. Glad there wasn’t. Good story.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoalmost 2 years ago

(Typos corredted copy.)

Well written, but I don't buy it.  She falls in with supposed friends, agreeing to pull a "prank" on her husband that is an exact duplicate at least in it's beginnings of a real betrayal of her high school boyfriend with such devastating consequences then?  And in that I'm not talking about just the boy friend's eventual suicide.  She  thought she could explain it to him and get back together with him, only to be completely rebuffed so that she never even got to try to "explain" despite repeated efforts in various ways.   And ended up attending his funeral after his suicide a few years later.  And yet when so-called friends present her with an absolute duplicate plan as a prank to pull on her husband who she supposedly loves, cherishes and is grateful for not just as a husband but as the loving and caring father of her children as well, she agrees?  I don't think so.  Not unless she is a psychopath as well.

I'm only too aware that at least some women can betray someone they supposedly love, justify it in their minds with "I did it for me!" and compartmentalize it in their minds so long as they aren't caught as completely separate from and unrelated to the rest of their lives, and that doesn't necessarily make them psychopaths.  I think.  (Well, maybe a little bit,)  And in fairness, some men can too.  But this? 

No, the Linda of your story is full on psychopathic, and if not in other areas if her life, at least in romantically committed relationships.  But I think the trait would spill over into other areas if her life. 

"The American Psychological Association (APA) define psychopathy as 'a synonym for antisocial personality disorder.'”

"The APA also describe ASPD as involving a pattern of disregarding or violating the rights of other people."

From an article WHAT IS A PSYCHOPATH.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/psychopath#definition

Even if the trait is only evidenced in her romantic relationships, it's a pattern of violating the rights of the one with whom she is involved. And in marriage, the one whom she is supposed to honor above all others.

Come to think about it, that may be why the original story has spawned so many variations.  It's too disturbing and all the guys taking it up want to find a more satisfactory ending.  It won't work, though.  There is no satisfactory ending.  A psychopath is simply a psychopath, and that will always be disturbing.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

5 stars for the amazing story. Aside from wholly SciFi full-on BYBs (which were amazing in their own way), this is the absolutely best February Sucks sequel I encountered - and I think I read 90-100% of all of them.

I'm a little disappointed that Linda got a new man. Don't think she deserves it after her driving one man to suicide, another killed by her and a third going through two different kinds of hell, one of her own making directly. But still 5 stars for overall quality and interestingness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I give this a 5* for the interesting turn in the storyline. Wud have been immensely better if Linda had not been in on the prank, just the friends. Much more painful for the husband and would justifiy him ditching her in the end. Lastly, stupid detail of the week: The exclusive resort is 5 miles away and the ATV apparently has less than a 15 mile range on a tank of gas!?!?!? First, what a stupid detail to put into the story especially when nothing comes from it…and two…really 15 miles range! I get it “that’s not the point of story” but it’s things like this that took a great 6-7 page story and turned it into 11!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An intriguing slant to GA's story. Does it make it a better version? Don't think so. She still betrays her loving husband, joining her friends in perpetrating that more than cruel prank. When it backfires, she is the victim but a situation she has brought on herself. So you can't sympathize with her. still, very well developed plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay until the end. Would never have sex with the evil psycho Linda again.

An interesting departure from GA's original loser story. For that I commend you. You took the starting point and ran off into a far mor3e interesting direction.

A few brickbats:

First, from a police procedure point of view, in an American perspective, this was less accurate than an idiotic "Law and Order" spinoff. In the USA:

1. police cannot enter your house without your permission, an arrest warrant, a search warrant, or "immediate exigence" like a person screaming. They must articulate to you that exigence if you are there.

2. without being witness to a crime committed, or a significant probable cause followed by an arrest warrant, or your own permission, police cannot "take you downtown" (which is an arrest).

3. without being witness to a crime committed, such as resisting, or an arrest warrant, police cannot cuff you. That is an arrest as well.

4. There is no "welfare check" that can permit them to enter a house without permission, except with articulated exigence generally from a legal relative, or a search warrant. "Friends" don't count unless the subject is reasonably believed to be non compos mentis.

When the owner said "she ain't here" that's the end of it.

5. At the time of an actual arrest, the charge(s) against you must be articulated. They can later be modified by the prosecutor as additional evidence comes to light.

6. Police do not "look after children" when there is time to call a trusted relative or CPS. The MC was not going anywhere, there was no need nor exigence in separating him from minor children.

Oh, and don't leave the interior of your house, even to go out on the porch, except with a lawyer's advice. Even though you're still within the curtilage, some rules change once you walk out the door.

So an "F-" for legal. The police and city/town/county would take a TOTAL BATH financially after the lawsuit was filed.

Also a good argument for something like a Ring camera or something recording the encounter. Unlike private citizens, police pursuing their duty have no expectation of privacy, so even in a two-party consent state they're screwed if they mess up.

Other specific rights may apply. See, for example, State of Washington v. Ferrier

But that's not what we read this stuff for, so not a big deal.

I just wanted American readers to be aware in case the police try to intimidate them, as police sometimes do.

As for the story

Dave and the others in on the "joke" deserve to be beaten to death. There is more than enough pain in the world without creating more.

I have more sympathy for someone who is a stranger and a sexual predator (as Marc was on GA's tale) than supposed "friends" or family who knife you as a joke.

Linda played stupid games, won stupid prizes. She deserved far worse than what actually happened to her.

She's absolute filth, you have to be a psycho, an evil psycho at that, to make this kind of a joke. I'd never speak to her again.

"Why do you think she [Linda] decided to play along?" Because she's an evil psycho. As are they all.

"What can I do to help, Jim? " As he said earlier "FUCK OFF AND DIE!"

But I commend your effort and originality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About that initial conversation. I only goes to show that you could potentially live with a partner for years, and still not entirely know them. Or perhaps you never can, and that is perhaps what trust is. Many husbands, including myself, would not stay with someone after "one special night". Were I a party to such a real conversation, I would make a special mental note to speak with the wife, and not attend any social affairs with those women. And the story where it was done in front of the spouse? Not just No, but Hell No! There is a reason why the original is still a classic.

The author here does a good twist on the original, but I still don't buy it. Such poor judgement would still reflect very poorly on her character, and yes, probably leading to divorce. There still isn't a version where a self-respecting husband would forgive her. Even this one. The only redeeming feature of all this would be that Laura, or the married women of that preamble conversation would learn a lesson for their second marriage. My wife and I almost never attend social functions separately, and would each intervene immediately to defend what we have jointly. It's what married people SHOULD do. Would I as a listener in that preamble conversation, intervene in another's affair? No. But as a friend in the story's nightclub, hell yes. Same thing. It's what decent friends do for a married couple they are close to. Part of 'the village'. Or at least it used to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well... this is one of the more original variants of that classic story. And I think well done. I still love the original most of all for its impossible ingenuity. But this one does one of the better attempts to resolve the impossible premises. Well done indeed. Five stars. Maybe some tighter editing though..... very long story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Police would not use a civilian, that could ruin a crime scene or plant evidence, that is not bound by law, to do a search of the house. Also, the so-called friends suffered little consequences, their punishment must be at least twice the pain they have caused.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I almost stopped reading when Marc LaValliere's double came into play... I thought, what a hokey insertion... I don't know what led me on to the finish but, I am very glad I did... this was a excellent ending to February Sucks... actually, the best I've ever read by far... I rarely give 5-stars... I mean very rarely. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Life is what you make it. We all make mistakes. Hopefully, we learn from them.

Really that's the moral of the story hey we all make mistakes some of them fuck us and other times we fuck up well this particular wife did both and to be honest she fucking deserved exactly what she got.

But this husband fuck me what a fucking waste of space

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, I read this a while ago and had to put it away. There were too many conflicts to try to rationalize the theme. I like the originality of the introduction of the prank by the friends and (eventually a reluctant Linda). It was very different from many other endings. The story, rightfully, talked about the feelings of the people involved especially after the prank went very wrong. Jim was very right in his feelings toward his "friends" of hostility and anger. He changed his feelings for Jane as she was remorseful for what happened, and she was able to make friends with Jim again after taking care of him, the kids, and the house. I am feeling a bit peeved at Ellen as she kind of forced Jim into letting her move in and, later, into a marriage proposal. The story lost a bit that Daryl was able to keep Linda for up to two years and no one was able to keep Jim informed of anything about the case. Also that Linda did not get pregnant. I don't think that it was Linda's fault about the death of Robert but Daryl made it an issue even though it was many years ago. Young love is often fickle. It would have been more interesting to really find out what happened with Linda when she was finally returned to her home and found out what had happened to her husband and kids. Yes, she was wrong for taking part in the prank but she was a real victim as she had been kidnapped and raped for two years. She paid for her mistake many times over. The ending was better than most. There could have been almost two alternate endings. One, just like this ending was written. The other was that Jim and Linda reconciled. It would have been plausible for the second ending but two long years was too long to keep Linda away. Maybe a few months or a year at most. Overall, the story was good and some folks were punished for their deeds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awww.. Maybe he can fluff up Perry, and put his dick in ex wifey. What a load of crap!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

That's different! Interesting version of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the most inventive and best "February..." stories I've read !

5 stars, of course !

EastCoaster

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I read this and a couple other February sucks including the original. I stand by my original comments and that this was interesting take off of the original. Even though this was ended in 'almost' reconciliation and everyone remained friends it was obvious there could not have been any re-conciliation from the 'prank' because it's effects lasted for two years and the prank to our MC was his reality. His wife left him for another man, that is what he saw and what he felt and what the whole group of 'friends' basically told him. Even if he believed and found out it was a prank sooner there was no forgiveness for that kind of prank, it was just cruel. Great story though, even the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In my state it is a felony if a mental health professional engages in sexual contact with a current or former patient/client. The romance between Ellen and Jim could never have happened as described. It would be comparable to having an affair with your mother who also happens to be both your work supervisor and church minister.

PikaGelionPikaGelionover 1 year ago

I can't say that I've read all >100 responses here and on another popular site BUT this is a real outside the box story.

Thanks for sharing your creative efforts with us!

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

WOW! At least 10 stars for this unique alternate ending to February Sucks by George Anderson, In fact, I think this one is even better than my own. This Version is a real Masterpiece of a Drama, so realistic you almost forget it just a fictional story. If there were Awards for these stories, on here, "CookingwithGas" would absolutely deserve one. The Imagination put forth to write this story is beyond Compare. This story should get an "Oscar" or something. there jerks on here with the asinine comments that this fact was inaccurate or that couldn't happen are idiotic Moron Jerks! Write a better story your own self, and be sure to get all your facts correct. Oh and most important of all, try to make it interesting enough to read. LOL Idiotic jerks! All the asshat negative comments on here are written by some moron in their mummies basement, who don't even have a job. This story was Great, Great writing, Great Story. CWG is one of a few really talented writers on here. Great Job! One of the few versions where Linda actually got what she deserved! LOL And Marc LaValliere turned out to be a good guy! I love a happy ending. Thanks

1948Boomer84911948Boomer8491over 1 year ago

Somewhat refreshing. You have written a completely different story drawing on the original characters. Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes. This was a huge twist from the original. AND the author answered HOW his loving wife could disrespect him so much, she gradually lost respect for him, because of her friends putting him down. THAT being said... Trying to pull a prank like that, on the man you love, is pretty much as bad as what Linda did in the other stories. The disrespect level, was just as high. You can feel sorry for her, because of the kidnapping and rape. But the bottom line is, she trashed their special night, made a mockery of him, in front of HER friends. This is NOT a woman, you stay on good terms with. As another commenter mentioned in another story” Good riddance to bad rubbish!”

BaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyBaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyover 1 year ago

I'm sorry that Tilan has such a crippling and complete inferiority complex when it comes to cookingwithgas. What a laughable pathetic comment Tilan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hate Jim leading Linda on with marriage counseling then agreeing to a date night her. Jim and Linda’s date and night of sex ruined the story.

All of Jim’s conversations with Linda should have been she and her friends set this all up as her walking out on him to have sex with another man, just because it went horribly wrong for her it dos not change what they willingly did to him just for a laugh at his expense.

Jim should have at least rejected Linda’s begging for sex with the words “I love Ellen and I will never cheat on her.” That would have left him as a slightly likable character.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

A prank like that is almost as vicious as actually doing it with the celebrity. I doubt many marriages would survive that.

It was a very clever twist on the original GA story.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this version up to a point although there were several scenarios which were stretching the reality a bit. The interaction with the police on his doorstep comes across as very unlikely and wouldn’t happen as described.

The time she was help captive on the island, a time in which she was regularly “raped” would, unless her captor was infertile, resulted in a pregnancy.

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

WTH, one of the worst versions ever. Just no. I am wondering if the author has a cuckold fetish

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was very well done, and the adult conversations and evolving relationships amongst the patties in the end were sensible, mature, and abidingly constructive (and instructive, I think). Kudos for a very worthy story with a reasonably plausible, positive ending for all involved. I especially appreciate Linda’s growing critical, emerging self awareness — and, I also like that you gave her the chance to grow and mature, resisting the impulse to just waste a life by burning her to the ground— she’s much better for all concerned as a fully functioning, productive Mom, friend, soon-to-be wife again, and friend than a crispy burn victim.

Good for you, and ultimately, us. 🤙🏿

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Much like the author of the original February Sucks, you found a credible premise and interesting plot, only to have it go to crap before you could cross the finish line.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66over 1 year ago

This was so boring and uninteresting that I stopped reading a nit past half way. The whole point of the original story was how to deal with the repercussions of betrayal, and this author chooses to ignore that and writes a lame story in which the betrayal never happened. Ugh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 star. Great story. Only suggestion is to take out some of the side stories. Making it a little shorter would not hurt this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even THIS rendition could be rewritten, but it's in the top 25% of the rewrites. It's the first if your stories I've read, having a bit of trepidation for all the near 4's... sort of my cutoff. I may dip my toe in again.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1over 1 year ago

Yes... different than any of the others in the "February Sucks" Canon.

And, I think one of the best of them.

5/5...

James G 5James G 5over 1 year ago

That was... different. Interesting take on the premise. Had some issues, and was a little too long, but not bad.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Excellent ending to a story that was incredibly complex with no reasonable ending, you have given it one thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

what an original story line masterfully written - you are a great writer

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Reread enjoyed it much more. You are a very good writer upping the score to 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure about thisone at all. Zero stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good writing. I do have a comment on the premise that I am not sure is discussed enough. That is, that almost all women, when given the opportunity to have sex with their idol would do it even if their husband knew about it and she totally disrespected him in the process. Popycodk. Maybe one in a million unless husband and wife had a special open marriage relationship.

anon.1

robdh51robdh51about 1 year ago

Anonymous9 days ago

Good writing. I do have a comment on the premise that I am not sure is discussed enough. That is, that almost all women, when given the opportunity to have sex with their idol would do it even if their husband knew about it and she totally disrespected him in the process. Popycodk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I totally agree. Although I believe the work is poppycock.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very well conceived and written story.

It had a bit of everything.

I think that not only is it the best of the 100 or so who attempted to add to the story, but it is better than the original.

The first time I read it, I missed the irony of Linda repeating the same mistake that she had made with Robbie.

A nice touch. It makes her slightly more culpable for what happened rather than just the innocent victim who was dragged along by her so called friends. It makes the divorce more palatable. It also lends credibility to Jim's controversial decision not to to take Linda back.

5 stars. For a well planned and basically error free story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Shaky in a few spots but overall a great effort! Nothing you couldn’t have smoothed out with 3 more pages but you pulled it off nicely in 11.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

F-n stupid. Cops show up at your house, you ask to see a search warrant and if they don't have one tell them it will be required as they are currently trespassing. At that time I would contact my attorney as they will more than likely return with one. We have laws forbidding unreasonable search and seizure in most civilization countries.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Let's get into why she did not escape right away. Besides the author needing to put in the high school junk and suicide.

The plain fact is he screwed up. It was pointed out repeatedly that there was a resort just 5.1 miles away. HELLO! Start a fire.

How does the "Villain" explain buying female type products and no one comes around to say a neighborly "Hello".

Oh yeah the magical 'No Trespassing' signs.

Then we have the MMC NOT calling any lawyer right out of the gate. NOT recording conversations he had in his home. And we have the mystical super lawyer friend that ended up a complete failure.

Drat. There was no Seal team to the rescue. The FBI completely failed.

Professional ethics violated with his therapist.

Oh well. Better luck next time.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

I greatly reading this story a second time. This is one of the best alternative endings.

Thank you for sharing and continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

thanks i really like the way you write and the way you turned this

i will be looking out for new stories from you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done to the author. Great tie in of the bitch's prom night narcissitic activities w/ the QB fucking Robbie emotions with the bitch's participating in a "prank" to get hubby to loosen up. I cannot fathom any "logic" behind anyones thinking that a prank of that nature would make another loosen up, be more human, less rigid or develop a better sense of humor. There was no humor in that prank, it was mean, meant to be demeaning, somehow the turds initiating the prank thought they were better than the subject of the prank. So, my reaction to the prank would have been rage vs all the pranksters(ie physical beatings for their insensitive stupidity and moral depravity) and divorcing the wife even if she didnt desert him or have sex w/ anyone. Her attitude about him even if not directed at him and cooperation w/ pranksters means im done w/ any cunt stupid enuf to disrespect me like that. I concur w/ those that think this was a top tier alternative to the fabled initial story. rk

rustynail95rustynail95about 1 year ago

Oh my, what a take on Anderson’s original story. I always thought his was the best, but this comes very very close. The crime aspect is novel and intriguing. Good, character development, but just a bit too much coincidence for my taste. But this is fiction and suspension of disbelief is always required. BTW I am not sure why I like these stories because they are so improbable, but they are fun. Thanks for the great effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a refreshing twist. I enjoyed the story.

WillowghbyWillowghby12 months ago
Very Interesting...

My compliments to CWGas in devising a unique take on the Feb Sux genre. Compliments too for better-than-average writing skills. (BTW, "lie" and "lay" are not interchangeable. Same for the past tense "lay" and "laid.")

However, a few unclear elements that leave us wondering WTF?

. "How did she get away?" This question is asked before the knowledge of her escape or even the fact that she was a prisoner.

. Never a comment about birth control.

. Too many wildly unlikely coincidences. (Joe is Daryl. Daryl is linked to Linda's past, and is primed to go nuclear on her ass.)

. Daryl rips off Marc for over $3M. (Not likely...)

. Therapist Ellen gets romantic and still serves as Jim's therapist. (Highly unethical.)

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

might as well have been an alien abduction. It completely misses the premise of the original.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft11 months ago

An enjoyable and entertaining take on GeorgeAnderson's classic.

GA's original tale posits that an otherwise exemplary wife (Linda) folds under the weight of overwhelming temptation and does something monstrous to her husband. In this version we see a Linda who has betrayed a prior boyfriend in a roughly similar way. Rather than a one-off betrayal, this may be a repeating pattern throughout her life.

One problem I have with this story is the disproportionate nature of Linda's comeuppance. What she did to Jim was hideous, and a righteous universe demands that she somehow suffer for it. However, the karmic payback here seems extreme.

My main problem with this version of GA's canon is with how it suddenly moves the plotline so far off the baseline and out into left field. One of the other commenters summarized this abrupt change of story arc as an "alien abduction". Having said that, the story of Linda's imprisonment is gripping and disturbing, but well-written. It kept my interest and entertained me. The story also appropriately examines a number of ramifications of such an abduction, such as how Jim tried to cope with an impossible situation, including divorcing her due to abandonment. It also nicely explores some of the consequences of Linda's eventual re-entry into her old life.

Overall, this story makes me feel as if I were visiting an old friend, who has just had a completely new head grafted onto his shoulders next to the old one. The new head is good-looking and has a lot of interesting things to say, but is still a bit distracting sitting there next to the original factory equipment. I appreciate the author's skill in covering up the juncture line between the new head and the old body. It is a worthy exercise in "what if?", even though some of the sutures and duct tape remain visible.

I applaud the author for having the guts to take on the challenge of extending GAs work and putting it before the ferocious eyes of Literotica readers. I look forward to reading more of their work. My rating is 4.5 stars.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

That was a good one, I just scanned through for a reminder. I did enjoy many of the February Sucks variations. This one in particular points out something I have believed for many many tears: Practical jokes are not practical and usually someone is hurt or embarrassed. This story is an extreme depiction of what happened as the result of a practical joke or whatever you wish to call it.Good story

tinfoilhattinfoilhat10 months ago

This is probably the best ending of GA's story. INMHO

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Even if the so-called joke went according to plan this could have ended in Jim and Linda getting divorced for her mental cruelty to him.

Some have claimed that Jim was less of a victim than Linda, they conveniently forget that she could not have been kidnapped without her participation in the quote prank unquote. Had she stayed with Jim she would not have been in a position to be drugged and taken away.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Rule number 1. Never ever talk to the cops. Nothing you say can possibly help you.

TexarManTexarMan9 months ago

The best story I have read for an alternate ending. A little longer that I like but it closed all the questions and emotions between.the two.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

How on earth could any sane wife think her marriage would survive after pulling the cruelest “joke” imaginable on her husband? Why would she agree to the “prank”? Is she seriously mental? Excellent twist to the original though.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good read, one of the better alternative versions!

murfncalmurfncal9 months ago

I think Jim made a mistake, a long time ago. He should have known better the kind of friends he had and that how his Linda could be manipulated. He had 10 years to see it. He knew most of those people were not his or even Linda's friends, To give up before 2 years is not something I would have done. Kind of like that tom hanks movie, however Jim was married with 2 kids and she should have been reminding his children about their mother all the time and show them videos or pictures constantly so they would not forget. That is something he owed to them.

he know about the bad practical joke. Did he really think she would leave her children? Only if he was an idiot did she take anything with her? did she spend time away to meet someone?

Those are all no answers. Now with todays world could have been like the movie "Taken". IMO he wussed up. Good story but....... the logic is weak

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon9 months ago

Given the long-term unprotected sex by the rapist, I was expecting to see Linda get pregnant by him. But I guess it was only one of the sequels that specified Jim as having had a vasectomy and Linda being unprotected. If Linda had an IUD then that would have put the pregnancy issue to bed.

Good compelling read, in many directions. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I see you kept the psychotic bizarro world of the original, which would of course work for an audience that's deep into that sort of delusional thinking.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy597 months ago

Firstly, it is apparent that the author has seen the story of Ellen Wagstaff-Arden in 'Move over Darling' with Doris Day and James Garner, or Irene Dunne and Cary Grant playing the same roles in the original 'My Favorite Wife.' The premise of the husband divorcing the wife for abandonment when in fact the FBI is dealing with a Missing Person Under Suspicious Conditions and possible kidnapping over interstate lines is flawed. The only legal recourse for our husband, in this version of the story as presented, is to have the wife declared legally dead. Now we refer to the Uniform Probate Code, Article 1, Section 1-107. Evidence of Death or Status:

(c) A person who is absent for a continuous period of five (5) years,

during which he has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead. His death is presumed to have occurred at the end of the period, unless there is sufficient evidence for determining that death occurred earlier.

So the bottom line is this man is still married. Since Linda is still alive, he would have to divorce her for cause? Even in a no-fault state, no divorce court judge would grant a petition. Not until both parties signed on the dotted line. I now refer you back to the movies I referenced. No mother in her right mind would pursue a divorce when then love in her heart for family is alive and well. And Linda's was very much alive. That love kept her alive and fueled a significant amount of her motivation and desire to escape.

Nice try in a well written effort, but I reluctantly throw down the bullshit flag. The call on the field has been reversed. The nice lady therapist and her daughter join the list of those who were wronged in this version of the story. Linda and hubby live happily ever after!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Best alternate ever!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like the version when Marc gets his head caved in with an axe

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really, a look alike stud snaps her up and takes her to an island. Really?

AllNigherAllNigher6 months ago

It wasn't bad. The writing was good though I found it too long and drawn out. Also, drawing equivalence between a terrible practical joke that very well could end a marriage and two years of confinement and rape is dillusional. Jesus, no one called bullshit on that? Really? Even if she HAD done it for real, there is no equivalency there.

Still an ok read. Could have been great with a tighter story, less verbose writing, and an MC who wasn't a whiny little bitch though.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That was pretty good, I don't even hate Linda, though it's still her and the so-called friends fault completely. Karma made her pay harshly. One the better versions.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow! The original story was sooo good, yet you took it and took us another crazy and probable direction that was seamless and just as entertaining! Thanks

davezqdavezq5 months ago

Wow. Thrills and spills. I couldn’t put it down. It was a reasonable ending but I must admit I wanted Jim and Linda to reunite I guess this ending was more realistic and still honored the complexity of both character and situation. Masterful and no misspellings either.

hossamtottihossamtotti5 months ago

Very nice story but the end is Soo bad

How come after 2 years of kidnapped and raped he try to convince her that is her false when she prank him ,, Really

I cannot believe it

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

All I know in reality, if my friends did this to me and had my wife agree to it: I don’t care if it was a Joke, she agree to humiliate me with my so called friends and that is unforgivable. I would have sued all of her friends, for the joke, and even is she kidnapped to me is Karma for what her and her friends did. I will never talked to her again, Those are the kind of women who settle for loving men because they could not get the famous guys to go out with, as soon as a famous guy gets their attention, they will leave that loving men who they married for that famous person. Most women in this world thinks the same way, they are easily coerced and manipulated by narrative, they don’t care who they hurt in the processed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@IrishLaddy59, in all 50 states you can divorce a spouse for abandonment after 12 months of no contact. That Linda voluntarily left with someone she knew from high school and recently had become infatuated with was a viable explanation for her disappearance. Jim would not have needed to have her declared dead. The only issue before the court would be the status of the marriage, and Jim was entitled to be relieved of his marital obligations to an absent spouse.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Author, LEARN what a wellness check is, and what LAWS are. You have to have exigent circumstances to enter a home on a wellness check, ESPECIALLY if someone is home. When they did NOT find Linda in the home they are forced to CEASE the welfare check. At that point, they had NO probable cause to detain and then arrest Jim either. He would NEVER have been separated from his children over that. Now Jim has a CLEAR CUT case of FALSE ARREST AND FALSE IMPRISONMENT.

Author, as you stated, a significant other IS usually the first person the Police will question. HOWEVER, what they WILL NOT DO is arrest them immediately, as you did in this story. This creates bias in the investigation, tainting the investigation.

The Police would NEVER allow a civilian to enter the home and search. NEVER.

The Police would NEVER enter the homes themselves ESPECIALLY when they did NOT follow all the leads, FIRST.

The Police would NEVER allow a person OTHER THAN A FAMILY member take the children from the parent, UNLESS there is no other way. Jim had parents. They could have come. So your lines about being taken from the kids is UNREALISTIC.

At this point your lack of understanding the law does nothing but insult the Police and the court system. RESEARCH MORE.

Albeit the twist of Linda being kidnapped is different, yet again, Author, you screwed up, BIG. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY a DRUGGED LINDA would pass through TSA. NONE. ZERO CHANCE. By TRYING to get her through TSA would result in her captors arrest.

Putting in a hostage situation is farther than most people can understand, and in doing so you have definitely reached the point of jumping the shark on this story. You never came close, ever to relate the TRUE damage that a hostage situation makes, to both the victim, and the victim's family. To try and fail in this story, as you have, is again and insult to anyone who has experienced abuse of any sort. This was too far from reality to be truly relatable.

Another note is that you had Linda's storyline in her "Prison" for 2 years while only having Jim's storyline for 1 year. This made a timeline issue. Very confusing

Author, you went TOO dark with this. This is actually worse in that respect than GeorgeAnderson's version.

To hossamtotti... Linda was the PRIME offender of all that happened to Jim. Linda was a VICTIM of Daryl when he kidnapped her. THAT is the difference. To prevent ALL of this, Linda just had to refuse to get into that car. She would not have been taken hostage, and Jim would have his wife. But, per the story, Linda DID get into that car.....

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker5 months ago

Dang sounds like that last no name dingaling didnt like ur story.. thought he r it r ? was goñna write a book.. pea on um... Its an amatuer writers site.. free by the way.. if u dont like the storys here. For Any reason. Maybe u need to go elsewhere... Barny and whose noble 4 instance... Their Perfect., 🙄🙄🤔😉😁😁🤷my oh my.. yall have a great day out there and thks 4 the storys.. 👋👋🙋✌️👍👍💯

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well that was a different version of FS and as such is welcome. Yes there were some issues with accuracy over the technical bits eg The Wellness Check and the timeline seemed to be a bit out at times but overall this is a good story if a bit unbelievable. As a different version of this story it was refreshingly original. Linda still is a self centered entitled woman who ended up paying the price for her idiocy. What sort of wife agrees to trick her husband into thinking she's going off for a fuckfest? A very bad one is the answer. She didn't deserve the imprisonment and rape no one does but she placed herself in that situation by her cruel and thoughtless actions. Enjoyable and worth reading. BardnotBard

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa4 months ago

#95. Ditto what davezq said. In a way I was hoping for Jim and Linda to get back together but I am happy with your ending. Also i couldn't stop reading this story so hubby got a late supper.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel614 months ago

One of my two favorite February sucks stories, a rich and original storyline with satisfactory treatment of jim’s existential journey and resolution for all, a very well deserved ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Honestly after two and a half pages I skimmed the next three and jumped to the end. I am sorry for that investment of time.

SeaChangerSeaChanger4 months ago

Excellent but got too detailed and surreal toward the end. I think they would have resumed being a family in a real world. Stupid as that trick was, peer pressure swept her along with her friends into an unintentional disaster lasting two years. She was twice a victim, not a reason to split up their 12 year old family.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...