All Comments on 'February Sucks - Jim Wakes Up'

by RyeWhiskey

Sort by:
  • 231 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What was the point of this story - very open ended without a conclusion

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tend to agree that it's past time to let go of the February stories. But here I am reading this one. :) There are many hints this is unfinished, the "wakes up" part seems to suggest that next Jim discovers a few more things, finally makes a decision, makes a plan, goes berserk, etc. The narrator talks about things forcing their way into his consciousness and about his inability to any longer ignore the truth. At one point he said he's telling the full truth he had glossed over before because the marriage was now hopeless, or something like that. So it sounds like a setup for leaving the marriage very soon. It is disappointing and unfinished if this proves untrue, so only a two from me for now.

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

So he stays for the kids. Still sad. Give us readers a look when the kids are grown and some retribution. Good writing, don't stop.

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

75 comments in a day...everyone is looking for resolution. What would each one of us do in this situation. Firstly, I would have been shocked and then get passports and leave her to live alone wondering where her kids went. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't really read it. Just the first and last paragraphs. That was enough to tell me you've reduced Jim to the lowest level of weak, pathetic loser you could possibly imagine. Completely emasculated the guy. These type of endings, along with the first one of today are obviously written by the would be gay cuck club of literotica. Utterly beyond reality.

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
quote: her fault in all this appeared to her to be quite minor unquote

and at that point the front door should have slammed with her on the other side of the door.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Written exactly like a soyboy would write. Probably the most annoyingly loathesome story I have ever read. I finished it hoping desperately for the guy to grow his balls back and throw the selfish slut out on her ass. Unfortunately, he makes it clear he will eagerly print out embossed invitations to hand out to actual men to fuck his wife so long as he "keeps his kids"...as if any child would ever respect such a pathetic cuck.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Interesting piece. Very interesting... and different. You totally DECONSTRUCTED Linda. A normal woman who lost her mind like Linda did would've written a conciliatory letter, sparing details. So, yeah, since George Anderson's original missive, Linda has been a borderline headcase. Your examination of the secondary and tertiary effects of her "big night" is most insightful and authentic.

.

I normally like introspective writing, but at times it devolved into an effort to divide by zero. Too much headspace time. There were some opportunities to explore some of these very interesting rabbit holes that OP led us down. Excellent writing. Easily a 5++++/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a heavy burden on brain, it could literally damage peoples' brain.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

That was depressing. Well written but very depressing.

premshankerpremshankerover 2 years ago

Disconnected, disoriented, clueless, and purpousless jumbling of words.

Better to avoid such sequelly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rye drink mo’ Whiskey but stop scribbling. It’s pathetic and stinks. Try designing flyers.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well that was a misleading title. You call that waking up???

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. A pleasure to read one that was well thought out and presented. Unfortunately, I felt it is incomplete. I believe the only was Jim could have reassured himself, gained some control and respect, would be to insist on a prenup. She would have to agree because she believed her words going forward. Jim did not. Send a copy to your lawyer to establish he didn't agree with her actions. The prenup would grant full costody of the children to Jim if she violated. Perhaps a followup?

Samson

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. At the very least it was different from the majority.

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Why submit this worthless dribble? Not even worth a star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

3/5 stars - which is 2 better than most of the alternate endings

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 2 years ago

There are 52 endings offered on Literotica to George Andersson’s story, “February Sucks,” and I’ve read them all. The run from very bad to a few very good, and maybe one or two excellent. I would rate this one quite close to the bottom. How could he possibly continue to be married to her, and live with her while knowing both how she feels and with the feelings he now had towards her? This one affected me worse than the original ending.

Also, I found the writing to be somewhat confusing at times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

it was an interesting read but staying because of the kids will just waste him, The magic of their love had been broken and will never be mended. There is simply no remorsed w/ the wife. Again the dialogues are superb but the ending is unacceptable.

russ603russ603over 2 years ago

This could have been a much better story if it hadn't been so convoluted and difficult to follow. This is one of the least enjoyable of the follow-ups to GA's original. If it had been less wordy, I think it would have made a much greater impact.

Karn9Karn9over 2 years ago

A very different take and thoughtful ending to the masterpiece. Jim’s struggle in accepting the night his wife left to have sex of her lifetime, was very real! nice read 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know personally that I could not stay married to her. Her actions were those of a slut. She committed the most disrespectful, humiliating thing she could have ever done to her husband. Not only that but then she demoralized him by telling him that he could never make her feel sexually like the Asshole did. I would divorce her on grounds of Adultery. There is no way a Judge would disagree with that. Hell he would probably have heard the whole story already. The children would be hurt for sure but in later life when they knew the truth they would respect their father more than the Mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't believe Linda didn't know what she was doing when she fucked that asshole. I would more than get even with that bastard. When she walked through the door, I'd probably hit her so hard, she'd be out cold or worse...She would NOT be welcome in that house again. She was a whore once, and she could go back to her master

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hope you get ass cancer and fucking DIE!!

amanapamanapover 2 years ago

The end was to a good take to show she never learned. If there is a 2nd chapter....He'll leave her after the kids are grown-up

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

That was incredibly UNSATISFYING. I was waiting for him to wake up, see the lost cause, and split

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 2 years ago

He should have dumped her.he taught his daughters it was all right to betray your vows if the man you cheated with was rich or famous.that kind of wife is not worth keeping

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Interesting....as in the Chinese curse: "May you always live in interesting times..." I frankly find this to be an epically depressing ending to a simply detestable February Sucks. Here you have the absolutely worst wimp cuckold groveling for over 3 pages to one of the most despicable cold hearted sociopathic sluts in any story on this website, There is simply NO way any male would grovel like this pathetic idiot does to a woman who not only despises him but publicly humiliates him at every opportunity.

The conundrum that he is doing it for the kids is specious at best. As one who was a child who grew up in a similar divorced situation, yes the kids have difficulty but ANYTHING is better than being constantly exposed to a cold calculated sociopathic bitch in a mother role. That is what will warp the children into some really amazing sociopaths themselves. No...the logic in this story just does not work...and because it does not work we are left with a "progression" that is so utterly insipid that the author fails to persuade the reader to suspend disbelief. Thus, most readers do not take this silly mess seriously...which results in yet another February Sucks add-on epic fail. Of course it rates a 1....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really nothing new here

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Couldn’t get into the story at all. Didn’t like how it’s written or the constant remembering of his wife’s hurting words. Apart from that, I don’t see how any man worth his man card could still love & want to have sex with her, especially after her words & not even looking at him when he’s trying. How does he still live with her?

I stopped reading somewhere on pg2, so maybe I missed a bit. But the story was too much to bear. I’ve read other “Feb.” stories, but to me, sorry, this’s the worst

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

you guys can stop trying to fix this story, this one just pulled out more waves of WACC/RAAC, i had to take a insulin shot and I'm not a diabetic.

IndyOnIndyOnover 2 years ago

That was one of the most confusing stories in Literotica!!! I think you changed endings somewhere in the middle and didn't tell us? Of all the Feb stories this is the worst so far! *2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Not really a very good read for me

While your story is more like what happens in the real world more times than not.

I just didn't like it.

It was written OK. It had a medium story line. Just not a line and ending that I care to read.

Continue to write. I don't have to like everything written and your content is well worth the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is worse than watching “ Gays anatomy” . One star, and that was beyond generous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can not believe this story has a rating above 2. This is the biggest bunch of drivel i ever read. Thousand of words to say nothing that makes since to anyone but a willing cuckold. I really feel sorry for this pitiful asshole.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

While I did not care for the story line I admire the mechanics of the writing. I look forward to reading more of your work.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Upon rereading this pos again...I find it is even worse than the first time. This tale is a broken stupid chaotic mess of words that really have no viable thread or meaning. The author utterly ignores both the original story characteristics....and he creates a tale that is simply and utterly insipid. The Linda character both in the original and this version is probably the worst sociopathic slut bitch character ever included in any story on this site. She is not deluded...she is a sociopath.

Further, the marriage does not and never did exist. Marriage is based on a couple giving unconditional love to each other to create the safe place called home where they can let down their defenses and be themselves warts and all secure in the UNCONDITIONAL accepting love of the partner. Linda's sociopathic actions clearly demonstrate that she is not in love....a sociopath cannot love anyone other than themselves and marriage is a duet not a solo event, Linda is in pornea. Pornea is the Kone Greek word that is translated as lust but really has a much larger train of meaning. Pornea is the act of using another person as a thing or walking tool to satisfy your temporary sexual impulses. Since Pornea is based on emotional lust and not commitment it has a very short half life. Pornea is a sexual addiction in which, as you feed the monkey on your shoulder, said monkey grows into a gorilla and takes over your life. Pornea is basically a quest for the greatest sexual gratification of the moment; thus, Linda is constantly on the lookout for a bigger dick, bigger muscles, bigger alpha domination, greater sexual performance etc. Once found, the Pornea sociopath dumps all else in pursuit of that greater sexual hit, because nothing else matters to them.

Thus, there is no marriage....its only a hypocritic veil covering a festering cesspit of Linda's debauched impulses. Thus there is no foundation for a reconciliation of a marriage which never existed in the first place,. She has no concept of hurting others....because to a sociopath, others simply do not exist.

The concept of Linda's temporary craziness on that night is specious. She not only did the deed...but she purposefully demonstrated publicly her utter contempt for her husband and their marriage, She got off to her humiliation of him...and made him a PUBLIC cuckold on repeated occasions.

Thus we have the worst of wimp cuckolds.... And further, comes the lame excuse of protecting the kids....REALLY I come from a broken home in which my parents divorced when I was 13 in a divorce action which made the front page of the New Orleans Times.Picayune. Yes we children got hit hard by that mess but we took our lumps and grew stronger and now have long lasting strong marriages. The concept of keeping those kids in the same house as a sociopathic slut mother in a pornea relationship defines the term TOXIC. She will transform these loving little children into shrikes and monsters over time....

In short, this lame excuse for an add-on utterly ignores the facts, framing, and characterization of the original story substituting probably the lamest joke of a collection of random scenes ever found on this site,

Of course 1 star...I only wish it could be -10...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is, beyond a shadow of a doubt,the worst story i have ever read.The husband is pithetic. What a fucking wuss. I would not piss on his worthless ass if he was on fire. Damn, this is awful.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioover 2 years ago

Gave it a 1…could have been a 5. But it has the wrong title. Should have been “Jim Wakes Up…Then Falls Back Asleep.” This telling of the story is excellent in analyzing Linda and what makes her tick. I like the concept of “The Excellent Fuck.” BUT after 3 pages of Jim coming to grips with his present day situation, he does NOTHING about it! This version of Jim has Linda figured out to a “T” but all he can do is go back for more for the sake of the kids, when he knows his situation will never get better, will get worse with time, and will get very bad when Linda strays again. And this version of Linda will cheat on Jim again and again as she seeks another Excellent Fuck. Another page is needed now that Jim has woken up and fully understands what he is facing. The only way he can survive is to kill the “Excellent Fuck” in Linda’s warped mind and turn her golden memories to a living Hell. Lots of ways to do this — best way is to kill Marc in such a way that Linda knows it’s all her fault, yet is a “perfect crime” that he gets away Scott free. Her lasting memory of “The Excellent Fuck” is forever replaced with a memory of horror and guilt. At this point, Jim can stay or go (if he goes he takes the kids with him) but he finally comes out of February a winner and Linda is the one whose mind is forever haunted!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Its a tie for the worst sequel..absolutely could not get into it. Tried to read it without skimming,just impossible to do so. Its not your lack of writing ability,its just a really bad story line you tried to make work. You like other authors writing a sequel to GAs' story forget one thing. In Real Life She Would Be Out On Her Ass before she had a chance to get home..No husband with integrity,pride or brains would allow her back in the house. Realism is the life of fiction..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This fucking story sucked big time. One thing i don't have now, is any respect for hubby. The worlds biggest pussy. What a sorry, low life piece of shit he is, and his wife is worse. Damn, what a load of crap!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a waste of time.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

My rating says it all. Jim staying only means he will face this heart ache again, He might as well cut them off right now. As for the story...it is not my idea of a story I enjoy, hiwever it is well written....BTRH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really tried to find ANYTHING to like about this story, but failed.

FraserWayneFraserWayneabout 2 years ago

I see this is the only story you have submitted. Let's keep it that way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story is a mess. I gave it a two as a "pity fuck." I really leaned toward a One.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This truely SUCKED. Within 5 minutes of starting toread this i was wondering why in the hell this pussy was still with this skank. The reason. He is a PUSSY. A cum eating, period blood drinking, sack of shit. Of all the versions ofthisstory this is by far, the worst. Dan the fucker SUCKS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is the worst, maggot gagging piece of shit i ever read. Hubby deserves nothing but contempt. What a waste of air that pitiful loser is. I would rather wade thru waist deep pig shit than get within 100yards of this piece of buzzard puke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If it was possible to give a score of less than one, this story would qualify.It truely sucks.Stinks like a runny turd. Just fucking awful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A poorly done bad premise.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Probably the stupidest.most poorly written Poe addon of the lot. Please don’t loose the day job cause this is simply awful.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This has got to be the worst story i have ever read. Hubby was a worthless piece of shit. He does not deserve friends, family, or to even be allowed to join a crowd of worthless piss ants, because they are all better than his worthless ass. PATHETIC!!! AWFUL!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In spite of all the different ways to look at this betrayal, She'd have never come back in the house and eventually, she and asshole would be badly beaten, or worse. I'd drive a ball bat inside her, tearing her apart...

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 2 years ago

Nice story. Really points out how utterly narcissistic the wife was. Maybe even sociopathic. The truth is she was "sure" his love for her was too strong for the marriage to fail. But her love for him was far second to her own desires and weaknesses.

He should leave or just fuck her like a slut whenever he needed sex. Until their kids get just a little bit older.

5 stars from me to offset all the idiot anons here. But also because it is worth 5 stars to me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Went to a lot of trouble to try to write a beautiful poignant cuck story. Use your talents more wisely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Like every February story written from the original to all the copy cats, not worth reading. Gave all a ONE STAR rating. Worst story every written and not worth any sequels, no matter who writes them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story adds absolutely nothing to the original. It doesn’t expand on any ideas, it adds no new relevant detail, and it offers no new ending. What a waste.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not really very satisfying

orion2bear2orion2bear2almost 2 years ago

Not full story no closure kids not better off in that sorry excuse for a marriage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The worst story i have ever read. He is an absolute, total pussy. He does not even deserve a self hand job. This guy is pathetic. Awful. Bad. Which means someone will find redeeming grace in this shit. More power to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

BAD. REALLY BAD. Hubby is a total pussy. What a useless sack of shit. He deserves all the misery she can give him. Maybe, just maybe, it will drive him to find his man card.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Is there a February Sucks ending where Jim isn't a total douche bag? I stupidly thought "Jim waking up" meant he smartened up. Guess not. What a waste of time. One star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

-1000,000,00 stars jesus throw your key board away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

But then what happened?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really well written but I'm not quite sure I fully understand it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

All this story was, was Jim ruminating, on and on and on... boring. Nothing happens. Jim most certainly does NOT wake up. What a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You added nothing to the story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The author accurately describes the torment of a relatively normal man who, because of pressure and bad advice, cucks out, and then reverts to the bullshit formula of being a martyr "for the children"? It was clear, and realistically so, that the household would never be normal, truly healthy environment for the kids. The children would eventually find out what their mother did and how their father failed to act on principle. The dysfunctionality of the home would mar the children in many subtle ways. Further, the lesson that would be overtly learned would not be that "daddy loved us so much that he stayed" (daddy, in a divorce, would have joint custody in almost any state no matter what writers here repeat and would be able to be as present in their lives as before, if you consider quality, not just quantity), but rather that a wife can cold-bloodedly betray her husband, and it would be just a "bump in the road" for the slut because husbands are expected to submit to betrayal. The would have been an excellent story IF Jim at the end had truly awakened and realized that Linda is a narcissistic sociopath of a cunt, that to the extent there is harm to the children she is the cause, that by remaining Linda's cuck he is actually making things worse for the children AND himself, and that the best thing for all is a divorce (Linda's crime gets a degree of justice, Jim becomes a man again, and the children will learn the right lessons if Jim makes it a point over time to use the divorce to teach the children about right and wrong. Would the children be better off with both parents in a happy home? Yes, but Linda made that impossible. The next best thing is for the children is to learn the consequences of adultery before they are tempted. As it is, the is toxic story is "fag, cuck shit" (TM SS6). The author should be ashamed.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

I'm sorry, George is a great writer, but pissing off a lot of people doesn't make for a classic, see RichardGerald's "Another Love." The whole concept is off. Even in George's real life example, the men made it clear that any wife that did this should not expect their man to accept it, yet in his story the men support the wife's actions.

\

There's no way that a woman would accept their husband spending a night with a super-model, yet we're to believe that women think that their husbands should accept them spending a night with a celebrity if he was hot enough?

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioalmost 2 years ago

From the title, I thought this would be a story where Jim “wakes up” and takes the steps necessary to hold his head high. He either divorces Linda using methods along the way that totally destroy her, or stays but levels the playing field so they can move forward. (Post-nup, sending copies of Linda’s letter to her entire family, sue Marc and the team,. It’s already public, so make it SO public that Linda doesn’t have a friend in the world and even turn Dee against her.) The sticking point for Jim in this version is that no matter what he does, good or bad, Linda will always have the memories of that night. He needs to rain Hell down on her so that when he is done, Linda’s memories have been reduced to a nightmare and the blue dress is in ashes. As long as she has fond memories, Jim’s life — with or without her — is shit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have met her at the door and refused entry to her. If she made a fuss, choke her. take her when you find Asshole and destroy them both. I know it's a story, but no man needs to put up with that shit, and an insanity plea would work...

Sam3501Sam3501over 1 year ago

I have to say of all February suck stories I have read, and I have read most of them. This was by far the worst of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This piece of shit SUCKED BIG TIME!!! He needs to go ahead and cut his balls off. OH.Iam sorry. He does not have any balls to cut off.

ReddladyReddladyover 1 year ago

It's lacking an ending.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You're just droning on about how he's a cuckold. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not one to put a writer down, I try to be constructive and objective. You spelled things correctly. Sadly thats all the good I could find in your rendition of this tale.

RubiconXRubiconXover 1 year ago

This isn’t even a story. Nothing happens here. No one changes, no one grows, no one gets their comeuppance. It is nothing but a long, self-pitying rumination by a guy who got cucked and doesn’t appear to have the balls to do anything about it. Doesn’t even rate 1 yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This really fucking sucked!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very pathetic and chopped up supposed story line with no point or solution or meaning?

A waste we even bothered to read it.

Did you believe you wrote the very best complementary add-on story ever???

Why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When does Jim wake up and do something appropriate?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story sucked a big green donkey dick. PITIFUL!! I don't think hubby is the fatherr of his kids. It would take balls to make cum and a hard cock. And hubby was born without any balls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story is the best representation of the he'll Jim's life has become. He sacrifices his life for his kids, even after fully realizing just how much of a monster Linda has become. Endless torment to be endured for the love of his children .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And that people is a perfect lesson why you never forgive a cheater. Ditch the bitch and give yourself an opportunity at a new start with someone else. You get one shot at life, don’t waste it on someone that treats you like a number 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

worst story i ever read. You beat that pitiful "woe is me" horse to death. I still love her. Sob sob. Give me a fucking break. A 2 day old baby girl is more man than this piece of shit. If your idea was for people to get disgusted with our HERO ( yea,sure) you hit a home run. A 1 for likable, a 5 for disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This guy is so self absorbed, he has blisters on his hands from whacking off. What a loser.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Waffle and BS, don’t bother

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only 3 star because although Jim has now realised just how bad Linda is in her soul, neither she nor asshole have suffered any consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Linda is not a good person. Her set-up with Ellen was probaly more cruel than the disreplect she continualy showed to her husband. He should have dumped her on the night she left with Marc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The writing and the story itself are absolutely excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty pathetic attempt at writing a follow-up. No redeeming value in it. Just a long attempt at reconciliation. Three stars for "average" and it could easily have slid to two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Have to agree with the last comment. You did a great explanation of the story but did NOTHING with it. Not the forum to critique a story, you need to add something. Better luck your second effort

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don't get it. He proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he values himself and her beyond his wife's imagination. He proved she's weak at best, and evil at worst. The story just ended. He could have at least stated that he will divorce Libda in the future. His kids are the only reason he's staying according to him.

Story had a great idea, but it lacked a true ending. Just a hint of what may come to pass.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just how stupid and weak can you make Jim out to be? Fuck Linda, fuck the kids, she screwed him over and he just rolls over and takes it? No man would put up with this shit.

RuttweilerRuttweiler11 months ago
I don’t believe the original tale is worth…

…this level of excruciating and exhaustive inspection. Anderson’s original story made everyone crazy because it made them feel so helpless and enraged. It was manifestly unfair to Jim, and put him between a rock and a hard place.

Never mind that Anderson’s basic premise was wildly unlikely, even ridiculous. That never stopped this audience from becoming incensed and lashing out. And writing a seemingly endless parade of ever more outlandish “alternate” endings to try and salve their troubled souls.

This work seems too introspective and convoluted to make a connection here.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor11 months ago

I don't think most of the commentators got the story. Jim goes through the anguish of being cuckolded, embarrassed, learning that his wife doesn't really love him and is very much deluded, and many other emotions and experiences. He realizes that Linda is really much more of a rotten egg than he had known. Everything is telling him to leave. Except for one. Jim sifts through everything and in the last lines of the story the whole complex maze shakes out the one deciding factor. "I can't lose my kids." He resigns himself to go back to a woman whose true essence he has come to see and swallows his pride and does what he has to do for what matters the most: his children. This is a very, very well-written story. RyeWhisky, thanks for telling the story and for taking the hits of readers who don't get it...yet. Perhaps in time they will. The theme of your story is one that every man should consider.

TajfaTajfa11 months ago

Sorry but no one could or should live with someone so evil as Linda. She is not beautiful, she is ugly because her soul is ugly. Kids adapt and time heals. He should have walked out to regain some self respect.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One of worst of the Feb Sucks stories.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fiction..science fiction. You add no value to the February Sucks franchise. You just make Jim a bigger wimp cuck. Any man that would stay in such a relationship is disgusting. And to stay for the children..ridiculous. Reality would have a man pitch this cheating trash to the curb the minute she took the hand of another man to dance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous