All Comments on 'February Sucks - Jim Wakes Up'

by RyeWhiskey

Sort by:
  • 231 Comments (Page 3)
NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy10 months ago

Definitely left me wanting more.

It was tracking but lacking

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

sad, but true

114FSO114FSO9 months ago

How about a follow up on the devastation as a result of the cunt's actions. How are the children dealing with all the fallout from their cunt mother's actions. Children can be so brutal and honest. How badly are the children scared by Mother Cunt's actions. Do they even want to spend any more time with the unrepenting cunt? Does the bitch do it again simply because she knows she can and feels ENTITLED? Linda knows she can fuck whoever and whenever she wants, with full knowledge that she will get the kids, the house, child support, spousal support, and Jim will still have to pay half the house payment, all medical expenses, all the activity fees for his children, and live a life of desolation on 1/5 of his income because all the rest will go to the Bitch Cunt. How does he survive the emotional, psychological, and physical trauma for the remainder of his life?

Think about it. All because the law protects entitled bitch cunts like her.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You are totally wrong. Linda is a piece of lying, narcisistic bitch and repugnant. Jim should have kicked her to the curb and run over her on the way by.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a very dimmable story. And I skimmed. Three stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Needs part 2.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The bitch still thinks she did no wrong

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think I get it. Decisions and reactions are complex. Before we act, we consider all ramifications to our actions even if those we love do not. This is a process. In this story Jim talks about the way he felt, not his solutions, not his desires. This story is not over, sadly. The longer the marriage endures, the more distance, humiliation, and side effects will rise to the top. Given time, (a lot of time, perhaps) this marriage will be over. A week, a month, several years and maybe never will they physically separate. But, understand this marriage is either over now or will morph into it. And there's nothing they can do, it's already been done. He'll never see a blue dress again, never watch a football game, never drive past the club, and never see the friends without thinking of the betrayal. If she tries to bully him by taking the kids, he will simply wait until they are old enough to understand. The money, the shared earnings, their assets, won't be worth it. The humiliation of a divorce will only serve to tell the few that don't know what happened, his side of the story. Most will call him saintly for enduring as long as he did. Remarkable ending, even though unsettling. I suspect it was written thusly.

JusteenKJusteenK8 months ago

Absolute triumph of ambition over talent. Taken an iconic, if flawed, story and reduced it to pretentious ramblings. And then proceeded to chisel in a defunct story or your own fabrication.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The trouble with trying to shoehorn sense into the 'february sucks' story is that it's such a fundamentally flawed story that it just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. The idea that a woman with kids and married to an upright inflexible man would just go off for a night of sex is absurd. The woman the story is based off of was clearly a dominant sexually adventurous person that had done similar before and had a complaint husband. GA simply changing the characters without understanding this just makes for a total bag of insanity. Linda had no reason to believe that Jim would forgive her, anymore than she'd believe that she could have any affair and get away with it. Likewise anyone that thinks that knowing precisely what the wife got up to and how she enjoyed it was going to be helpful is just a moron. That we have this letter is purely in order to pile on the anger. Furthermore the bs with Ellen and LW is just some idiotic attempt to make out that reconciliation is actually possible under such conditions ... and I can see why this author has tried to make sense out of this stupidity... but we all know that given the kind of characters in play this relationship is dead in the water with no hope of resurrection ... which make the RAAC that much harder to swallow.

There is no way that a character such as Jim could maintain a relationship with someone so disrespectful as Linda, and that's not even counting the fact that he knows everytime he fks her he's pathetic and incomparable to Marc. Who could live with that, and for what? Jim, like many men before him would have happily put up with every other weekend and a holiday or two, rather than subject his children to the toxic environment that the family home is bound to become.

Norseman123Norseman1237 months ago

only 3*** I was disappointed by the ending

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT6 months ago

Wow. Incredibly enough, you managed to make every bad thought I had while reading the original seems trivial .

She ist evil incarnate, and by consciously staying with her he acknowledges his "nothingness". This should not have been written.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

All the pain and anguish Jim endured is deserved. He continues to struggle with the lack of any remorse from Linda for the hurt she caused the person she claims to love so much. Forgive and forget is not ever happening for Jim. Obviously, Linda continues to relive her "best sex ever". Being a single dad is what you make of it actually.

AllNigherAllNigher5 months ago

Thought this was heading in a different direction and was appreciating the infrared look and comparison to her statements. Then he ended it the same as the original. Why? Had such promises...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

original story sucked, and every add on sucks worse then the last..

fredbrownfredbrown5 months ago

I be so confused

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Bullshit. Listen, you dumbfuck author, no remotely normal man would do anything except kick the Linda slut through the goal posts of life to the curb. The GA story was poorly executed. The character development, for example, was ridiculously inconsistent. Husbands don't lose their children in a divorce unless they are druggies, a physical danger to the children, etc. The misplaced "parental concern" signaling you effectively endorse is IRL harmful to the children. Staying with the cunt teaches the children a toxic moral lesson and will inevitably result in a toxic home environment. We don't need authors writing more weak, feminized, low T, cuckish husband characters. We already have 90% of the authors doing that.

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

Just no. Lots of people with kids divorce. How could anyone live a life like that. If she had fallen on the floor and begged for forgiveness and realised the massive hurt she had inflicted then maybe they could have made it. However, she didn't care a bit for Jim. He should have left and made a new life for himself.

Martyr2002Martyr20024 months ago

Yeah again I find myself echoing others. Staying for the kids is a big mistake. Children need a loving home, not a home without trust and love. This will hang between them forever and taint what is left of their marriage. The children will easily pick up on these things and it will warp their understanding of what a marriage should be.

Better for everyone if they split, and move on. Each finds a new spouse and is a little wiser the second time around. The kids learn that actions have consequences and that sometimes things can't be fixed.

orion2bear2orion2bear24 months ago

The kids will ot benefit from a toxic marriage he is teaching them betrayal is acceptable

moultonknobmoultonknob4 months ago

I just don't understand why all these different versions of this story mostly have the couple still together. As far as I'm concerned, she left her husband to go and fuck another man, dump the bitch and get on with your life and forget about her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

KOlejny autor masochista, biczuj się do woli. Co za idiotyzm, to męczenie sie a nie pisanie.

ker63469ker634693 months ago

Divorce the dlut

Burn the bitch

vitochivitochi3 months ago

@moultonknob - they arenā€™t together anymore. They might live in the same home and share the responsibilities of raising the kids, but they arenā€™t ā€œoneā€ anymore. She keeps a part of herself reserved for her cherished memories. She no longer cherishes him, or even the kids. The faƧade she presents to others is having it all, but the reality is that the memories are protected and cherished, the kids are managed and Jim needs to get over ā€œitā€. Before that night, we are led to believe that Jim was cherished and the kids were a close second.

jonny956jonny9563 months ago

Quite frankly, this is one of the most boring and stilted stories I have read for some weeks.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Well written in terms of structure and syntax, I like the device of repeating lines from Linda's letter throughout the story, but ultimately it's not a really great piece of work because while it does draw some interesting conclusions about Linda and her inner desires, it doesn't really say anything about Jim beyond the original. I mean, you communicate his suffering a bit more eloquently than GA did in the original piece, but so what? What does pathos matter without catharsis? Basically this story is incomplete because while it dangles some interesting premises in front of the reader, it ultimately doesn't really deliver on them.

mdadaminmdadamin3 months ago

he is a real wimp & deserves everything they are doing to him

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Jim should have been given a heads up by LW so he could have returned to the devastated Linda at their table reached into his jacket pocket and handed Linda the envelope.

Lawrie1941Lawrie19412 months ago

Too verbose and a pathetic end. Poor try

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

This one is just too far off the others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not sure what to think of this attempt to define Jim and Linda. However, I suspect that Jim would likely divorce Linda if they didnā€™t have kids. But they do, and despite Linda being unrepentant, Jim comes across as a sad, pathetic individual. Three stars ā­ļø for the writerā€™s efforts.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous