All Comments on 'February Sucks - Jim's Birthday'

by CrappilyeverAfter

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
TajfaTajfa3 months ago

This was good until the bottle of champagne. Alcoholics can't stop once they start. What message are you trying to get across? Or was he just pretending to be an alcoholic to get away with premeditated murder? I'm not sure. Also, after prison time how did he secure a decent job?

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBay3 months ago

Thales for the new perspective of February sucks

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

This story has been done to death. Sorry but you hitched yourself to a dead horse.

Busman19639Busman196393 months ago

A waste of twenty minutes of my time.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

I never say Jim as an alcoholic even in the original story. Nice twist at the end. The accident was quite so accidental. thanks

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Didn’t do the job. Thanks for trying, but nope.

LWLover60LWLover603 months ago

Fresh take and well written. Well done and looking forward to your next.

Consider writing a first person story about why people that hate February Sucks stories keep choosing to read them and then whine about it. Perhaps a universe where every story on Linerotica, regardless of genre is FebSux themed as their personal hell when they end it all to avoid reading yet another sequel that they are compelled to read? "I found an app on my phone that I use to force people read FebSux". "After my wife Linda had great sex with Marc she went lesbo with Dee". "How Dave and I became butt buddies after Linda and Dee left us for Marc", etc.

DreddrasDreddras3 months ago

@Tajifa. I think the point (although it's slightly opaque) is that Jim was NOT actually in an alcoholic spiral at the time of the "accident" that led to Linda/Marc's death. The alcoholism was faked so that he could get away with murder and receive a lighter penalty.

SDN1955SDN19553 months ago

A shame we can’t give zero stars.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

The last two paragraphs make the story! Excellent! I would not recommend it, but I liked his solution.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I think some readers misunderstood the story. As I read it, he set out to kill his wife and the other man, then faked a drunken mistake and minimized the sentence. He's not an alcoholic - he's a cold-sober murderer.

hindsight2020hindsight20203 months ago

Well done!

Nice twist.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly3 months ago

Great, up until the point of drinking again!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Good way to spin it! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MasterKoteMasterKote3 months ago

Well at least Linda and ML died

demanderdemander3 months ago

So I take it that the crash was no accident. D

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Just wow! Talk about a brilliant take on GAs classic. Only gap in the story was the call that triggered his binge and crash. It’s hinted that he heard something in the background that was contrary to reality, but I think a more obvious plot line rather than cryptic would flow better. 4.7*

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

OKAY< I read it when it first dropped and gave it 3 stars. Why? only a token happy ending. But I didn't comment. Instead, I slept on it. Jim did all he could do. She deserved it. Marc too. Everything else is academic. A good story. Just sad. Sorry. My opinion.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I just didn't care... Except for the 15 minutes in which I could have rather watched grass grow.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not sure of the intent of MC??? We’re all defected humans.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy#9

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Finally a definite end to a cheater player and a lousy wife.

SorchakSorchak3 months ago

Personally, I'd find it easier to forgive Jim than Linda. He literally wasn't in his right mind (or his left mind, tbh, but that's neither here nor there) being severely under the influence, and they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Does that excuse him? No, but as I said, I could forgive him for it more readily.

Linda, however, knew *exactly* what she was doing, which was destroying what remained of her marriage to Jim, and their family. So I don't really have a lot of sympathy for her. Did she get what she deserved? Ask yourself this question: Did she deserve death? If she'd committed a string of heinous murders, yes. For destroying her marriage, no.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Let’s face it if there were ever two people that needed to end up in a wreck it was those two, death was a bonus.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

AH at last count this is the 71st story of that fateful night Sorry But it sux The best one I have read is where he finds out where Marc lived and put a few bullets into Linda and Marc (jaybee186)

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy593 months ago

Yup...no booze. Jim deserves an ending where he is sober and happy.

PowersworderPowersworder3 months ago

So he faked being drunk to murder Linda and Marc?

I think this would've been a bit better if the ending wasn't so ambiguous.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I know it's a story and Jim should not have been drunk, but the whore and her master got theirs. Hopefully, they suffered... I hope Jim meets a new love of his life, because the whore he married wasn't...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sounds like he used his DUI as a cover for triggering the accident that ended up killing Linda and the Asshole. Then, he makes the lives around him, from the in-laws and his kids, to Linda's friends, a living hell. It's a dark story, but too short and too many loose ends.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Mmmm why act all sorry? You took out the two evils and only did a year in jail.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lol. Perfect cover. He was never an alcoholic. That's what the bubbly was for. If you can "prove" that when you killed people in a car....that you did it completely on accident, you barely get punished. All he had to do was establish a pattern of excessive drinking, carry his hit out completely sober, and then guzzle down a lot of booze for the police when they arrived. It's honestly brilliant. He has to swallow a lot if pride with constant AA meetings, but he's already been publicly shamed by those two. Now they're dead and gone. And he's alive. No divorce. No Linda or Marc to put up with for decades. He only semi regrets his revenge

This was a calculated hit job. That's why he's celebrating with booze at her grave. If people see him, they'll just assume it's guilt and relapsing. But the man is about to cheers it up and laugh at her rotting corpse.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A strange tale. All narrative, no dialogue. I did not enjoy this tale. Three stars, could have been two.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well thanks I suppose, maybe thats a thanks not sure what for, how about a forward thanks to you offering and original story we can read and judge, even vote on that would be a novel thing!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of the worst

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is an original angle I haven't seen in all the Feb sux stories. I liked it... 5*

Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I love these stores. I loved yours as well as I assume that the liquor at the end shows that he planned the whole thing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really liked this. Even in the original, Jim was portrayed as a bright, competent guy. This take has him playing the long game to get rid of a cheating skank and do the general public a service by eliminating a predator at the same time. The "alcoholic" will never resurface because he was a fabrication. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You just wrote another weak cunt of a man. The Linda and Marc characters deserved death. The "friends" don't deserve anything but punches in the face. The parents raised a fucking slut. Some pity for them, but no apology.

This is a fail.

kirei8kirei83 months ago

I did like the Karma aspect for cheating cunt but pissing on her grave after the meeting would have been better.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

People don't seem to get it - Jim was never an alcoholic, he pretended to be in order to get a lighter sentence than premeditated murder. He intentionally killed Linda and Mark. The only surprising thing here is the 1 year minimum for vehicular manslaughter and drunk driving. I mean, I know that in some states, it's pretty low, but I would have expected more. I suspect that the affair "driving him to drink" would have been mitigating circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago
FINALLY

Finally a story there the disgusting football hero get his due

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliant! As tragic as it was that Emma and Tommy lost their mother it should be remembered that she had no legitimate business being in that car in the first place. The feigned alcoholism was a masterstroke which had me puzzled at first until I figured it out but just one thing didn't altogether make sense; how on earth did Jim regard Dave as any kind of friend, never mind his best given his contribution to the events of February 29th?

JR

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Alright this is a better ending for a beaten to death story. I thought this was well written and thought out. Great first story.

I’m thinking it was the luck of Karma or Jim, planned it and was not drunk? First rent a truck at the airport, allowing someone to drink and drive? Then driving in circles around that Cunt Marc’s house? Thinking Jim might have got away with premeditated murder? Or just getting rid of 2 piece pieces of garbage? Either way BTBastard/Bitch to the max.

Thanks for writing!

5🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

KaBe45KaBe453 months ago

smart boy ;)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was twisted clever! The story didn’t reveal how he did it, but obviously he KNEW what the slut was doing, and somehow figured out a way to get himself big time drunk….AFTER he had intentionally hit the Ferrari and taken revenge on both Asshole and Slut 😎

.

Of course, the price he paid was having to endure 5 years of manufactured rehabilitation for his drunken “mistake”.

.

And of course, readers have to accept that the authorities bought the deception…although how they could possibly accept that the car he hit just happened to have Slut and Asshole in it was just a sad coincidence 🤗

.

Unfortunately we never hear how even one of the others actors felt about all of this, but the implication seems to be that at least some of them either bought into the deception….or gave him a pass for the egregious behavior of his slut wife.

.

4 ****

Finchy1955Finchy19553 months ago

I dont know about Feb Sucking

But this story Sucks

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@ Tajfa —- you obviously didn’t figure out that this Jim FAKED being drunk up to him sending Slut and Asshole to their just rewards, and that he obviously had faked inebriation when interacting with people prior to the incident — like when renting the SUV — and only got really drunk afterwards to sell the deception 😎

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well that was a mega debby-downer with no where to go. We hope "crappilyeverafter" gets some serious help in life and doesn't stay crappy too much longer. GA story didn't deserve this over the top extreme understatement of unhappily ever after negative connotation. Carry on........

Tomh1966Tomh19663 months ago

Interesting take.

Author: Question: Was it murder with fake alcoholism?

I read it initially as an accident but rereading the last two paragraphs make me wonder.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just Words is correct in his understanding of the story. It doesn’t change that the story is very unrealistic. The sentence received is way too low, the description of the collision is absurd, and no one is this good of an actor for 5 years!

ZK

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Nope, write your own stories

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"This diverges from the original shortly before Linda's birthday." - I don't remember Linda's birthday being mentioned in the original.

Rolando1225Rolando12253 months ago

Did Jim have a real alcohol addiction or not? I believe he doesn't. The sentence at the end of the story regarding "overindulgence" suggests the whole alcoholism ploy was just a farce to hide premeditated murder, which would make his revenge even more cunning and diabolic. Thanks for the story..

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

On the plus side, this was a very novel approach. On the negative side, this portrayed Jim as one hell of a mental weakling, hitting the bottle & turning into an alcoholic. While I give credit to that approach, this was the worst (in the way considering what I wrote) one of the pot. It was well written & told, so I'll give it the 2 stars, which's all I'm afraid I can. Bob

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny3 months ago

I love the Kaiser Soze esque crocodile tears and apologies before going to celebrate the Death of those scumbags.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Those last few paragraphs definitely spun a new perspective on the story. Cold blooded! One of the better Feb sun variations. Well written.

VersatekVersatek3 months ago

Based on the ending, was the crash happenstance, or was Jim playing the long game? We'll never know...

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Interesting take on the story. Thanks for your writing.

avidreader123avidreader1233 months ago

Based on the ending, I think he faked being an alcoholic so he could murder his wife and her lover. If my interpretation is correct, his willpower and dedication to revenge is impressive. A year in jail and 5 years probation is a lot less than he would have gotten for picking up a gun and shooting them. My only hope is that whore Dee ends up in a shallow grave.

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

Good plan, head on Pitt maneuver

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Severe Reality Check. I could attempt to explain some of the logic and reasoning behind Jim's statements and actions, yet I would only be attempting to impart some of my life history. Until one has lived thru such trauma, emotional, physical, or psychologically, don't attempt to judge.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Good first story!

4

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Perfectly planned and executed “accident”. Jim played and continued to plaything part of the recovering alcoholic perfectly . He’s drinking champagne at the collision site, and is going to finish the bottle at Linda’s grave. Sounds like a celebration, and with alcohol too. Easy *5 for a story that finally give Marc and Linda exactly what they deserve.

MarkTwineMarkTwine3 months ago

I don’t understand why Jim is trying to take on all of the blame. The cunt would still be alive if she wasn’t out fucking around again.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

The concept of alcoholic, emotionally out of control Jim isn’t a stretch, easily believable. A drunk Jim thinking about killing her for her latest betrayal, I think, is entirely realistic. Linda pursuing a repeat experience so soon after The Event, is cruel to Jim, Emma, Tommy, her own parents, even whatever friends remained. It raises questions: why would anyone ask Linda for support in a marital crisis? Jim wouldn’t have believed her, why didn’t he immediately challenge her, or taken the kids and left? He was convinced she was cheating again, clearly thought Marc was involved, he’d have expected she was in his car. Why be surprised after the crash? Linda’s father got past the worst of his anger; Emma and Tommy were pre-teens, very young at the start. How much animosity could they have held after 5 years? What had Jim done to regain his relationship with them? You did very well with the sequel, opening new ground and new questions without activating Jim’s special forces unit. Nicely done.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ3 months ago

Too much wrong with this. One year for two vehicular homicides? Plus, the DA would have pushed for premeditation considering who was killed. Also why end five years of sobriety for a drink of champagne? One sip and he is off the wagon.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a cool way to off Marc and Linda! 5 stars for your imaginative rework of the story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@kirei8: "I did like the Karma aspect for cheating cunt but pissing on her grave after the meeting would have been better." That's what the champagne was for: so he would have an ample reserve to hose down and extinguish the last embers while he was at graveside.

the6ulprsnthe6ulprsn3 months ago

One of the most interesting takes on this old trope. Love how it leaves the question of his intentions all along open but hinted at. Well done.

funperson969funperson9693 months ago

Hmm, what are the odds of hitting a car traveling at 100 mph across your bow? 147 ft in a single second. Which means Asshole's Ferrari spent way less than a second in that intersection. And how could he know the two would be coming charging down that road at that moment? And getting your blood alcohol to twice the limit in the time it takes responders to arrive?

But hey, it's just a story, certainly an original one, with an interesting take. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A unique spin on a old story. Keep up the good work.

Mapko2Mapko23 months ago
Karma

Karma’s a bitch

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
I'll

Have to re-read it some time.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ok... amazingly original story... not sure how good.

The key here for Jim's behavior is his long game to get his kids in his life.. as all other methods would isolate them from him.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Please give the Feb Sux a rest. The original sucks and so does every other rendition.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Linda and Marc deserved it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

I think the "alcoholism" and the meandering route casts reasonable doubt on premeditation. While I personally believe that it was a scheme, there's no way to prove it within the story, but his actions to us, give it away.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 stars!! The Hubby did the crime and the time, appears to have fooled everyone and is getting his kids back into his life. All while knowing his lying cheating, wife and lover aren't returning from their dirt nap.

jbpeters74jbpeters743 months ago

Well done, sounds like he wasn’t drinking until after he caused the accident. But just played it off that he had a drinking problem. Now all the legal stuff is done he can live free.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

WHY IS HE APOLOGIZING SO FUCKING MUCH. LINDA WAS A CHEATING BITCH AND GOOD RIDDA SHE DIED. HER PARENTS CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES. DAVE WAS AN ASSHOLE LIKE HIS WIFE DEE.

CockatooCockatoo3 months ago

Hey, I'm just flattered that you used some of the names I filled in AND cited me for it. THANK YOU.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Sorry but I didn't like it.

doctrptdoctrpt3 months ago

Well written technically, but the premise you chose to create unfortunately rings as if Jim had to suffer even more for a situation not of his making in initially. If Linda keeps herself only unto Jim, none of this happens. This telling makes Jim the heavy...

inka2222inka22222 months ago

5 stars for him only getting 5 years and the 2 asswipe turds dying. Would have been 10 stars if for absolutely misplaced remorse and feeling bad, when THEY were at fault. Although, since he has the champagne, I actually am not 100% sure that this wasn't all pretend (remorse and all).

myaccountwontopenmyaccountwontopen2 months ago

Excellent. Murder two people and get five years for DWI.

Then make sure to be VERY sorry for "accidentally" killing two people.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The idea a man convicted of killing two people by driving drunk would then drink while visiting the grave of one of his victims is repugnant. This author has very twisted views of propriety and justice.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

No sympathy for marc he destroyed lives as a game

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Yep, another imaginative take on the story.

Well done Jim, you dealt with the cheaters in a brilliant fashion.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I liked it. It sounds like he figured out how to get around the law by claiming to be drunk. I know when my neighbor ran into my ditch, then crossed the road, hooked a telephone pole guide wire and flipped his SUV over into his front yard, they didn't haul him away for DWI. I'm sure the FD sent him a nice bill, and it cost him his license for a year (really hard on him as he owned a lawn cutting business).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So it’s all his fault? Um…why was she in the car again?

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

To anonymous who castigated the author... I sympath... naah... just kidding like everyone else I think you're a wimpy moron but don't let me stop you from following your path to sainthood.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCrappilyeverAfter@CrappilyeverAfter
I'm not saying that there are no happy endings, but you probably won't find them here. Update 24hrs after first post: TIL the negative comments are more entertaining than the positive ones. Please keep commenting, good or bad.