February Sucks - Moving On

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By now, it was Saturday afternoon. I called Linda's mom to inquire how her husband was doing. "He's sleeping again. The cops were here to take his statement. They said they got your video of the football player beating up my husband for trying to protect his daughter."

"Mom, I'm going to contact a few lawyers to go after Linda's new boyfriend, the team and the NFL. Once I find one, I'll give you his info. Maybe he can combine his actions. Whatever happens, the asshole will pay for what he did to Dad."

For dinner, I took Katie to a small, bistro-type Italian place.

At least I had enough energy to change out of my clothes when we got back, before collapsing on the spare bed again into a deep sleep.

--

Sunday morning, I sifted through my emails, voicemails and text messages. Everything from Linda got deleted, unheard and unread. Several texts said to watch the morning news and get the Times.

Apparently, Katie's brother-in-law, the TV guy, knew someone at the paper, because on the front page, not the Sports section, the headline screamed LaValliere in custody for rape and assault. I smirked. Trust the media to trumpet the most outrageous headline. Even though the paper was careful to note the police were still investigating, and had not yet interviewed all the witnesses, 'unnamed sources' indicated the player was arrested for raping a married woman in her home, and assaulting her unarmed father when he tried to rescue her. The player, the team and the league all refused to comment, citing an ongoing investigation.

We taped the Channel 6 newscast. They, too, led with the story. They replayed edited snippets with Linda and Asshole's genitals blurred out, but him clearly cussing out the older man and kicking him while he lay on the ground, defenseless. It did not look good.

Sunday is usually a dull news day, and all the national media jumped on the footage Channel 6 aired. By day's end, it was clear: no way was Asshole playing another down of professional football. Ever. His charities outdid each other to distance themselves from him, the team suspended him, and the NFL, learning from the Ray Rice case and others, issued a statement that the league would not tolerate violence like that. All his endorsements declared he was dropped immediately.

Several lawyers contacted Channel 6 to get my info so they could represent me. Katie, having been my assistant previously, stepped in and became my manager again. Together, we chose a lawyer to go after money from Asshole, his team and the league, as well as the advertisers who featured him in their ads. The lawyer and his team also represented Linda's father.

I chose a separate lawyer to file for divorce. Even though tempted to burn her in the divorce, I went the simple, fair way, giving her the house and primary custody of the kids. After all, she'd been a good mother. I didn't care about the financial aspect, because I knew I had a few good amounts coming my way from Asshole, his employers, the league and his associates.

--

Epilogue

Marc LaValliere's problems increased when several other wives and husbands came forth with their stories. Our lawyers, during their discovery process, uncovered several letters and emails directed to the team about his predatory Friday nights, and the violence meted out by his teammates toward husbands who didn't play along. Because it was so clear the team turned a willful blind eye to his activities, the owner was forced to sell. He got a good price, but lost almost all of that in the class action settlement, because so many victims received compensation.

Because Asshole's conquests all took place in Morrison's, our lawyers added them to the legal festival.

The asshole himself, though in his prime, was unable to find a team willing to sign him. Katie's brother-in-law, the TV guy, made sure that every team visit was met with a barrage of leaked footage to civic groups of all kinds, and the outcry dissuaded all teams from signing him. After a while, he retired from football and became a high school football coach in Alaska. He couldn't even find a used car dealership to sign him.

When the dust settled, my bank account had several millions, all acquired after filing for divorce. During the summer vacation, I took the kids on a weeklong Disney trip. They were unhappy that our family was split up, but the attention they got from both sets of grandparents made up for it. Linda, to her credit, eventually owned up to her boneheadedness and assumed all the responsibility, and became a decent single mom, allowing us to visit the kids whenever we wanted, which was often, since I no longer needed to work.

It took five years, but she eventually dated and found another husband, a tall guy, but nice enough. Whenever we met at the kids' events or such, we were all cordial with each other. I caught Linda a few times, wistfully looking at Katie, knowing it was her stupidity that drove us together.

After I filed for divorce, Katie invited me into her bedroom. To say I came out ahead in the sex department would be an understatement. I had all the blowjobs, anal and 'normal' sex I could wish for. Whenever I bought her sexy lingerie, I got to see it the same night. At dances, she stayed with me, and when others danced with her, she kept it G-rated at all times, and immediately came back to me.

In time, our love brought us three kiddos of our own, all of whom we loved and supported. Because of the age difference they didn't really see all that much of Emma and Tommy, but when they did, everything was cordial.

Best of all, never was there any hint from Katie that I was inadequate or inferior in any dimension. That felt good, I have to be honest.

12