All Comments on 'February Sucks - My Sequel'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 418 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
brave man

I could see everything but I could never be near nor accept the baby. That would be the deal breaker

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Shit

Just fucked a great story

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@obiwan43 — RAAC ???

RAAC = reconciliation at all cost

It actually has a specific meaning, i.e. no matter what you stick with the spouse, in other words becoming a cuckold or cuckquen; the key words being “at all cost”. But the term has broadened and is used by some when the story even has the spouse chastised or punished, being truly repentant, and conciliatory. For them even a one night drunken “slip” and with the above criteria met, to forgive and reconcile is the equivalent of turning in your “Man Card” and you might as well castrate yourself. That is it has started to encompass any reconciliation, or reconciliation with only some of the criteria met.

Not that I haven’t used the term a little loosely in the past, as it just so much easier to comment in a story where you don’t think the all the above criteria are met, so reconciliation isn’t deserved, to just write ¨RAAC???!!! No way.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WAY, WAY, WAY too much backstory

Really, no one needs to read 10 minutes of backstory about every single member of the character's family, before you ever start to get into the story itself. I was bored and fed up before I got 1/3 of the way through the first page; no way would I expend the time and energy to wade through 10 pages of that rambling.

Only include what is necessary for the story; all the rest is just word salad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great story but one flaw

At the time he defaced the kit or cosmetic case, Linda was still very much infatuated with Marc. She would have seen the damage within a day or two and gone apeshit. That did not happen. It was an otherwise realistic tale. She eventually paid the price but remorse was along time coming.

meucimeuciover 3 years ago

I hate this boring overdone, overrated story. Please let it die a good death. I know I know I shouldn't have read it but it is like the car wreck you can't not look at. Every time one of these stories come out I read it hoping somebody will just go nuts and let the MC hold his head high tell the bitch to fuck off and divorce her. It really is that simple this woman ended her marriage that night, she has nobody to blame but her self. Life goes on the man meets another woman hopefully a better one and life goes on. This author done an admiral job but lets face it how many different ways can this story end!

moralcompassmoralcompassover 3 years ago

Congratulations

Firstly this is a rewrite and not a sequel. A sequel is the story or events which occur after the original story you have rewritten or reworked the story.

You found and corrected what I believe to be a major flaw with the original story. I don't believe the husband Jim would be gullible enough to fall for the Ellen seduction as per the original story.

Your story however changed several aspects. I don't believe Jim was suicidal in the original but with his mind set and action in your version I can not imagine reconciliation being possible. Otherwise a very good rewrite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why

didn't you comment on Dee's foreknowledge of Linda's being asked to go away with #83? And why not just get a single payment from#83 for another NDA to pay for the baby's costs & education?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I Miss Jedd

You never did anything with what was hidden behind her crucifix on her necklace....

Woulda been kinda fun to ask her about it in front of her family. "So, why are you still wearing that around your neck?"

That's just nitpicking like all of the other comments. You tell a good story. And February Sucks provided you a writing prompt. I hope you find your muse again and tell some more good stories. You remind us that not every cheater is beyond redemption (though redemption doesn't necessarily mean reconciliation).

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Not Your Best

Poor pacing, extraneous elements, incomplete editing, a completely "meh" conclusion. Simply not the level of quality carvohi has graced us with in the past. Thanks for a fresh look at the GA story. Welcome back!

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rubbish

I couldn't get past page 4. You made the husband so pathetic, very hard to take. And the wife was just your typical, delusional selfish slut. Skipped to the end and what a surprise, he takes her back. I normally prefer a reconcile type ending but not here and not after all she did. This is one of those cases where he should of burnt her and then be done with her for good.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
What

What a load of crap.Why was this shit allowed to be published.I read through it all hoping to see where he sorted Marc out,but he was too spineless even to think about it,what a loser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not good. Don’t waste your time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is almost the same as the original only more cynical

Cmon man why is he being soft. I know for a fact that any man blinded with that much anger and hate would not think about others and only think of himself, he wouldnt have waited for his grandmother to die that's for sure to get this divorce. He should have stood his ground explained to the children why they were divorcing and left a week maybe even a month or two later, not wait a whole damn year. Individuals who will put up with this kind of shit for a full year probably deserves this so they can be broken and rebuilt stronger. And especially the moving in part that was bullshit so in the end she still manipulated him. What a load of crap. Ok my rant is done, and I know its fiction but it just riles me up.

mustelamustelaover 3 years ago
Merci, Carvohi

Totally agree with the comment of management91399 (11/01/20).

Always amazed to note that some commentators complain of having "invested" so much in reading 10 pages of "bullshit".

Why ? They read so slowly that it takes them 10 days to read 10 pages ?

Investment ? Reading a specialized article requires a prior investment, a novel much less, 10 pages of Literotica even less. We are captivated by the text and we continue, or we are bored and we just have to give up. After all, only a few tens of minutes have been wasted…

Little compared to so many other wastes in our lives.

The BTB fanatics are still here. Obviously something terrible happened to them. Their egos have been battered and they still have their heads up their asses. Too bad for them if they don't make it. GirlintheMoon wrote a very interesting story about them: "If".

In real life, the majority of couples stay together or reconcile with varying degrees of effectiveness. The presence of children does indeed play a big role in this.

George Anderson and all of his "followers" have chosen to describe the characters in one way or another. It can be judged whether or not they succeeded, whether they are consistent with their choices or not, whether they have chosen a likelihood or not, but I always wonder why the commentators find it useful to rewrite the characters in their own way. Not a critic would allow himself to rewrite Moby Dick's Captain Achab. He is as H. Melville chose to describe him. After that, we agree or not, and that's what great authors do (or not) when they have reached something general from the description of the particular.

Then there is the form: Too long sentences, interminable dialogues, dilution,… Everyone has their own choice.

One thing that nevertheless surprises me from here : It is the time it takes for women (naturally unfaithful) to realize that they are pregnant. They don't even think about it! The morning after pill ? Oh yes, does that exist?

What about abortion ? Either the author manages to prevent the woman from realizing that she is pregnant much too late to have an abortion, or she is against abortion (no doubt because of the high moral sense which allowed her to cheat on her husband !). In this time of a troubled and divided America, it makes me think that a large majority of these "lovingwives writers" are damn conservative white men, unable to think like an "ordinary" woman, let alone a cheating wife.

There are nevertheless pearls to be found in substance and form. You don't have to "invest" and spend an amazing time there.

Merci

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Poor

Except for the last page, it was pure drivel! Worse than the original. Sorry, didn't care for this sequel. 2*s.The protagonist was made to appear a spineless wimp with satisfaction only in his imagination!

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

This is a very realistic story, like what would happen with real people. Especially what he went through while she was with the asshole.

Good story, five thumbs up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Save time.

When you get to the part where he pulls out the hidden gun, just pretend he offed himself and then you won't have to read the rest of this drivel.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 3 years ago

This seemed way long. The main character seemed very whiny, and unable to stand up for himself, or get over it, or seek some kind of revenge. Btw, the children are never THAT stupid. The truth will come out one way or another. RAAC sickens me sometimes. This has the feel of one of the disgusting cuck stories. I usually like the authors stories, quality of writing, attention to detail. Just too much 'woe is me' for my taste. To each his own I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Crap.

Just crap. Jim finally got around to pointing out that she never said she was sorry. That and the obvious pleasure she got in recounting that night... should have burned her then and not wasted anyone's time. And I am a fan of reconciliation under the right circumstances.

2*s

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Utter shit. Author should quit after such an abomination.

This was by far the worst submission by the author, ever.

By page 2 it made me fed up with the sheer amount of pussy-farting and woe-is-me Shakespearean theatrics it made me want to vomit. Skipped to the end to post this because I couldn't stomach reading even one more word of this tripe.

matuateneiramatuateneiraover 3 years ago
This seems like a real story with real people

I very much enjoyed this version. There were enough twists to keep it interesting. I liked the more in depth portrayal of Linda as a more shallow personality than in the original story. Jim's decision to divorce and then to continue having Linda live with him seemed very credible. Black and white decisions in human relations are hard to stick to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I thought this was one of the better renditions of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

Too long

Too scattered

Too wimpy.

1 star for cuckshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WTF

Droll on and on and on and on without any real conclusion.

Is this how life can be? Yes - reconciliation is awful in the best of times.

But to have this wimp take this bitch back after what she did? Disgusting.

Awful. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Man this was bad

So many of the February Sucks alternatives were bad, but this one is the absolute worst.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Somebody called this "rubbish"

I call it "garbage". This dead beat over done story wasn't good by the original author and sure as hell didn't get any better by all the fucked up sequels. Gave all a one star rating. Couldn't even get through most of them, so much repetition they were frustrating to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A FLAMING BAG OF SHIT..............................

Damn, I think I went overboard there. This turd doesn't rise that far. Why didn't she go to jail for attempted murder? I had a bad feeling about this one since it was so long so I skipped from page 1 to page 9 and found them still dithering at the top of the page I jumped right into page 10. In any kind of reality based story, Jim would be doing everything in his power to strip everything from Linda that he could. Even split? Not in this lifetime. I can't believe some dumbass called this the best of the follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No Better

How the heck is this story any better than the first. Its worse cause its so much longer. Nothing happens the football player, nothing happens to the false friends, the public is still denuded. This was a waste of time reading it. Can I score it less then a 1?

matuateneiramatuateneiraover 3 years ago
Simple and credible story with great characterizations

I've already commented on this version, but re-read the story and am stimulated to write some more. I don't accept the virulent criticisms that people write. People seem to want to read stories where the woman is unfaithful and then her husband finds some highly imaginative way of getting revenge and moves on, and life is all black and white. I feel enormously grateful to Carvohi for creating characters that have depth and then allowing the characters to interact with each other in flawed but human ways. Carvohi has taken the characters way beyond what they were in the original story, and introduced new characters so that we have close to a completely new story, and what a story. I loved the ending. Sex between compatible people is a deeply satisfying thing. The fact that Jim no longer wanted to be married to Linda didn't stop them enjoying sex. That is reality, not black and white. Jim ditched his marriage but didn't feel obliged to be nasty to Linda. He just stopped letting her influence his decisions. Reality not black and white. A great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

boring!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
matuateneira 02/21 nailed it...

if fleshing out honest believable characters is boring then I don't know what you want. In my opinion this is more lifelike than the original. Top marks

gasperguy69gasperguy69about 3 years ago
What the Hell was that all about!!!

I'm totally confused and stumped. Was the Author on mind altering drugs when this was written? The only semi believable characters were the children! Too many added characters who contributed nothing to the story, too many rabbit holes that went nowhere, and absolutely no basis of emotional empathy for any of them. Totally dysfunctional and completely out of bounds in reality!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Of all the sequels this was the worst.

This was bad, very bad.

Raleighman53Raleighman53about 3 years ago

Best of the series that I've read to date. Very, very good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He should have killed them both when he had the chance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He should have confronted Asshole. If not, when she came home, take her for a swim. He comes back, she doesn't. She sure as hell would have been gone when he found out she was knocked up! He should have gone with Ellen, at least she got paid for what whoore did for free!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

First, GA's story wasn't great. The fact that it has elicited a lot of response isn't a sign of greatness any more than Andres Serrano's "Piss Christ" was great art because it elicited a strong response. GA's story was almost childishly plotted with the usual LW cliches and tropes, and the "Jim" and "Linda" characters were developed wildly inconsistently in an effort to make the arc of the plot change directions.

This story gives us, again, another weak, blubbering, irresolute, unprincipled, needy cuck of a drama queen for a husband. "Linda" is still an unspeakable cunt who ultimately gets to have her cake and eat it, too, with her cuck accepting the bastard child. 10 pages of cultural rot and misandry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

FUCK...that was painful...why did I blow another afternoon reading this F'd up version???

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

wow, you turned the character into a complete and utter cuckold. Next time have him hold Marc cock as he puts it into Linda. This was as anon said the worst version of GA story........WOW.

norcal62norcal62about 3 years ago

Huedogg2 is as angry as he was 20 years ago. Sad. Anon-4-days-ago has a pretty good summary of the drama queen character and the wife?. Kept reading, but didn't like it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

why is when a persons opinion differs from yours, their either angry, an asshole or isn't a man. Just makes me wonder, consider this Norcal62, I'm a person of a different caliber and way of looking at things and leave it at that.t

carvohicarvohiabout 3 years agoAuthor

Hi Norcal62... Huedogg2 is an interesting person. He has several stories I like quite a bit; his comments remind me of Harry in Virginia. Both Huedogg2 and Harry are pretty consistent. In that regard you kind of know before they even read or comment whether they'll approve or disapprove. I don't know if that's good or bad.

carvohi

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

1 for this horrid version as well.

Thankfully, this is a FANTASY FICTION story, NOT a Loving Wives or BTB.

The original story was just plain bullshit from start to finish and this one is worse.

Just the premise that any famous person would ever stoop this low, is beyond comprehension.

This story and any others using this idea, should really disappear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why would you write a story about a man who was such a pathetic, weak willed pussy?

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

Carvohi, while I am a asshole, I'm in awe that you put me in the same class as Harry in VA. Its funny that Norcal62 finds me angry, considering most people find me laid back. One thing we all agree on is "I'm VERY opinionated". I liked the story and gave it a 3. I can't get over the fact that he would even stay for as long as he did. If grandma doesn't understand divorcing a pregnant slut....DAMN!

traddisagaintraddisagainabout 3 years ago

too long. I think readers give a story low marks not because the writing is poor but because they didn,t like the outcome. Burn the bitch and we,ll give it '5'

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 3 years ago
Needs editing and streamlining

It's way too longwinded.

It needs to be edited and some of the dross cut out.

Like some of the repetitive back and forth, some of the angst, and definitely the cringeworthy Literotica references.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 3 years ago
ending ruined it

Last bit was basically the author snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It was on track and then he veered sharply into an RAAC ending that ruined the story.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

another very poor misguided attempt at trying to make a 'silk purse out of a sows ear'.

Failure and a 1 for this attempt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved the story, except for a few things. Asshole should have paid dearly. She's a slut, especially for telling her friends how marvelous it was. It caused nothing but pain. She had an easy delivery, but Mallory should have adopted the baby. Too bad Lina wouldn't have life long lasting complications that kept her near death's door. Pure and simple, she's a whore that had a wonderful life, screwed it up and most everyone paid except for Asshole and her. Jim was the best of character, but ended up nearly destroyed. Asshole and Linda should have paid,maybe a near fatal car crash in that Maserati, that left them both worse than scared for life. Sorry for the rant,I love your writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I honesty believe she show true remorse until near the end. This story should not be RAAC even a tiny bit.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 3 years ago

Too long to do absolutely nothing. I thought you were going to get some closure but you waffled for too long and actually got nowhere.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeabout 3 years ago

One of the better interoperations of George Anderson's "February Sucks" tale. Though, personally, I would have liked to have seen Marc suffer some. From legal action or publicity damage to his image. That is just me. Still I did enjoy your story, Very Much!!!

Thank-you for the read.

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ten pages of jibberish. Utter garbage...

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

FUCK that was a long way to go for a pathetic cuckold story.

I really thought you were taking all that time for him to grow a spine.

Well written realistic story but why?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Agree with Schwanze1. Ending killed it, pathetic wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is BY FAR the worst ending to February suck!!!

The absolute worst ending!!! Way to shit on a good story author, Jesus Christ!!! People like you make me rethink free speech rights. 0 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Moral to this story, use clean bullets and avoid a shit story.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

Overall, I enjoyed this sequel to GA's 'February Sucks'. Jim's decisions made sense. Not sure what the point of writing in a sister for Jim was, other than to give a name for Linda's baby. The only quibble I have is Jim moving Linda into his new home and life. I would have expected him to keep Linda in the periphery of his life. That seemed, IMHO, RAACish. Still, it was a very enjoyable read.

Thank-you

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is one of the best versions of the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If not the best, certainly one of the best versions and endings to George Anderson's classic tale.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

I'm truly sorry Jed. This should be named February CUCKS... Would have been sooooo much better if you had given Jim some self respect as a man!!!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Very respectable version of the series. As always this author develops his characters to their full potential. But Also his sidebars go way too in depth and this the stories are 30% longer than they need to be

Nonetheless a very good read

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

The score should be less. That long just to get all the bullshit in the denouement. This just the same shit as the original, but longer. Not worth reading.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 3 years ago

It was so - so throughout the story. Jim is CONTINUALLY beat down and weeping, which is somewhat typical for this author. However, SLOWLY, PAINFULLY he finally regrows his balls.

Then, after 10 pages of drip, drip, drip, just as you think he was a man again, the last few paragraphs tuned him back into a cuck/wimp. There was no reason for it. The author just wanted a "happy ending". Yuck.

katibkatibalmost 3 years ago

Superb. Probably the best rewrite of the original story. At times a bit long-winded, and the occasional long detours away from the main road might have been avoided. No doubt, worth five stars.

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

As. I expected (at times).

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - I just had to add to my previous comments about this story.

I dislike this re-do, even more than the original and it was 8 pages too long.

Wow 269 comments so far and for a horrid cuck/wimp story.

I wonder what the current ratio is - those who think it is a great story and those who see it for what it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Poor. Winds up a wimp. 10 pages of shit!

fishgetterfishgetterover 2 years ago

Anonymous3 months ago

If not the best, certainly one of the best versions and endings to George Anderson's classic tale."""""" A GOOD COMMENT~~~

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pathetic, and very repetitive.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Goddammit! Why do I keep forgetting to check story ratings? 3.73 = pile of shit!

Of course there is no police investigation in a shit story. He could have told the police she shot him. Say he told her was going to divorce her and she went crazy.

He should have shit in the cosmetic kit.

I would NEVER touch that bastard child. I wouldn't carry it out of a burning house or pull it out of a bathtub or pool.

BlackHeart93 wrote a version that is not complete BTB, but way better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hope there is not a man alive that would behave like him After all she did.

carvohicarvohiover 2 years agoAuthor

Oh gosh! I want to respond to Nonsequitor and the anon immediately above. Here goes . . .

I'm old, raised my kids, helping with grandkids. I am NOT a FREE man! I have responsibilities. I've had to make decisions that contravened my pride or the hubris so many of us nurture. Dear NonSequitor I don't believe you. If a child, any child, needed your life saving help you'd do the right thing.

carvohi

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 2 years ago

Enjoyable and well-written, so it gets 5 stars, but I'm baffled as to what the point of divorxing Linda was if ne's going to take ner back, move her in, and raise her child. To make her feel bad? If he was going to reconcile with her anyway, he should have juzt done it in the first place, or a month or two in, and been done with it. It would have made them both happier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the better sequels

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Raise a bastards child. I think not, poor story and the ending sucks big time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The guy made all pro and kept fucking other men's wife's.

She never really apologized.

He raised a bastard child.

And they all lived happily ever after.

carvohicarvohiover 2 years agoAuthor

To the two anonymous comment writers immediately above this. Yes, the child she had by the football was born under questionable circumstances. What was our hero supposed to do? See his kids and ignore the child she had as a result of her night with the football player? What had the child done? What kind of man would do that?

Speaking as a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant, I'm reminded Jesus Christ, my savior, was not "white" in the classical sense, he was technically a bastard, and he was a Jew. I recall Joseph, Mary's lawful husband, did not leave her; he did the thing a man would do.

That's just who I am.

Regardless I want to thank you for your comments. I like to hear what other people think.

carvohi

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Carvohi,

responding to your using Joseph as an example. You wrote, "I recall Joseph, Mary's lawful husband, did not leave her..." While that is true, he did not leave Mary, he was going to divorce her, quietly, as he did not want to her to shame. Remember, proven adultery was punishable by stoning. (Matthew 1:19) The reason he did not divorce her was because an angel came to him and told him how Mary was impregnated by God. (Matthew 1:21). It took angelic intervention to keep Joseph from divorcing Mary.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dollars to donuts he conveniently ignores that little bit of wisdom, thanks anyway pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent version of the story ( s always). I don't think I'd have stayed with her, and Marc would be in major trouble, maybe disappear...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was supposed to leave her you gibbering waffle, what is so hard to understand? All these authors try their damnedest to justify the unjustifiable. “Oh no, oh jeez, w-, wha-, what am I gonna dooooo?! Guess I’ll just stand hand in hand with an abusive, callous monster who put me in the position of being some asshole’s daycare patsy! Cause it’s the right thing to do🤷🏻‍♂️“ Everyone’s so concerned about the right thing to do, until it’s time for comeuppance, then everyone begs for mercy they don’t deserve. The right thing to do is let consequences commence. You do bad, you get punished. But no, true love conquers the natural order yet again. Makes me SICKKKKK. YOU make me SICK! CARVOHI TURNS THE WORLD INSIDE OUT YET AGAIN! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah, you’re not a free man. You’re a damn Stockholm syndrome victim if you wrote this steaming pile of abuse porn. Hope your cage doesn’t clink as you slink into bed over her lover’s wet spot. Wouldn’t want to inconvenience her with your presence

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@etchiboy Re: RAAC, I've been fighting this battle for a while, and I'm afraid it's a losing battle. It's not like there's some authority defining terms. For some people, a wife could have a one-time, drunken slip, be totally repentant, get her hot best friend to have a FFM with her husband, totally submit herself to her husband, and when he forgives her they'll call it a RAAC.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 2 years ago

This story was a long rambling pile of bullshit. It was a boring waste of my time.

carvohicarvohiover 2 years agoAuthor

Dear Pasqual_Clemente:

I had to go back and reread the ending. Linda and our hero did divorce, but not until grandmom died. Granddad had interceded much in the same way God had interceded with Joseph. After his new house was built he let her move in with the children, including her daughter by the football player.

I believe my concern with the "anons" above is their misplaced sense of pride.

Thanks for your additional comment.

carvohi

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

A good interpretation of the scenario. A slow burn, and not a simple black and white unravelling, but then life is like that and I enjoyed this version a lot.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

What a pathetic wimp and just overall weak man. Nothing of particular worth to be found in him.

I honestly don't understand why authors like writing such weak and passive men. It's just baffling.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

carvohi

-

You used Joseph as an example of a man accepting another 'man's' child. My point was that the story of Mary and Joseph is not a typical one in that no other 'man' was involved. There was no adultery or marital betrayal.

-

I was never completely down with the way you ended the story. (As an aside, let me note that is my POV and not meant as a slam against you or your version of "Fb Sx'. In fact I have made this story one of my "favorites". When it comes to fictional stories, you can and should write what you want, while I can like or not like what I want.) Having a spouse betray their spouse in such a grievous way can wreck trust and emotional bonds. The way you depicted Jim, having him take her back into his home and bed is, for me, counter intuitive. While the child is an innocent, she would be a constant reminder of Linda's betrayal. Having that reminder around him, a lot, would/could exasperate the emotional wound Linda inflicted on Jim. If I had the talent and patience to author something, Jim would have a typical divorced-but-with-children-involved relationship with Linda.

-

BTW, IMHO, Yeah stick the Asshole with child support 😉

-

Pasqual

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"If I had known how it would turn out I swear I would've run back to our table." - How did she think it would turn out? How would it have turned out if the psitions were reversed?

\

"People admired and respected your... dignity." - Maybe he should have been admired less and respected more.

\

Any ending where they're back together is a loser in my book. Since they've not remarried, I'd bring dates back to HIS house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beyond absurd misandrist horseshit. Most male authors here barely qualify as male, and they certainly aren't men.

PorterrhPorterrhover 2 years ago

Wow … this has got to be the worst sequel to the February Sucks theme. This guy was an absolute glutton for punishment, thrived on the humiliation and was simply a weak, indecisive and pathetic excuse for a man - expected better

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

another stinker - 1*

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Masochistic utterly masochistic the author repeatedly has the husband self identify himself as a cuckold wimp. The wife is the most selfish sociopath I have encountered in these sequels. There really is little internal logic to this one...its all random spewing emotional self flagellation. The author keeps introducing one plot trick after another to hopefully resolve the mess....but it just continues and continues with little progress and its just simply too long and dull. I mean...how insipid could it get...she gets pregnant...he PAYS for her to give birth to the bastard child....then lets her slip back into the new house...with said bastard child...while she betrays her promise to put said bastard up for adoption... and that wimp cuckold just accepts ANYTHING from this sociopathic slut. WOW!

Frankly, the best resolution would have been for the cuckold wimp to properly aim the gun in the first place and save us the maudlin nonsense of the remainder of this tortuous waste of time...

The author spent a lot of time on this one...even though it is a dismal depressing waste of time...two stars

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

So the wife is worse than in a lot of telling of this story, and he still isn’t able to fully stand up for himself and the level of betrayal she committed. Not a fan for that reason. Not terrible on writing, but I think this still could have been edited more tightly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are A Pathetic YEAST INFECTION!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is an exceptionally well done story. As a fellow writer (no short stories so far but I just published my first novel), I found almost nothing to criticize. The best feature, for me, among many other very good aspects of the story, is the development of Linda's character. She goes from being a sort of ok, average, person with a selfish streak and an inability to see life from anyone else's point of view, to a still selfish woman who does not want to lose her family, to suffering great pain as the consequence of her actions, to slowly looking at her faults, to eventually understanding what she has done, and then to eliminating or at least working on her selfish character flaw, to finally being able to turn her thoughts and heart outward to understand others, especially her husband, in truly meaningful ways. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

YOU ARE A WONDERFUL WRITER. I see one of two scenarios, 1- she accidentally looses her balance and falls down the stairs. 2- in another version, Jim took martial arts. If there was a lady there, have her dress up unrecognizable and give Linda an awful licking, then go away. Lina proved she's a slut and the things Dee said, proved she wouldn't actually be sorry. She is a whore and he shouldn't let her move into the new house. Marc should also be beaten, where he'd never function without help again. BUT YOU ARE AN EXCELLENT WRITER.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous