All Comments on 'February Sucks My Way'

by Omegaman56

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Loved it. I'm not sure if he would get off that easily in real life. The scorecard: cheating wife - dead, lover -dead, lover's football friends - career's ruined, probably crippled for life, and probably financially ruined - or at least a lot poorer, football team that condones bad behavior - lots of bad publicity and financial loss, and the cheated husband ends up with an ex model/ex-escort as a faithful and wonderful wife and enough money to never have to work again. I do wonder what happened to the band leader - probably major financial loss due to the law suit, and probably lost his job also - he probably had to move far away and maybe even change his profession - maybe just be a musician and not have anything to do with cheaters - one close call was enough. As to all the "friends" that were there that night, I wonder what their reaction was - especially when they went to Linda's funeral (which I'm sure was closed casket - Jim did empty around 7 - 8 bullets in her - even if she had been next door to a trauma center that would have been a miracle to save her). Maybe sports teams would pay attention to morals clauses and not put up with behavior that is inappropriate - regardless of how good a player is.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great story! I don’t care if no one else likes it, I have been wanting someone to shoot Marc right in his smirk and you did it. Not many tears shed for the cheating bitch Linda either. You might have let Jim off a little easy on the killings, but that was almost as funny as the soiled dove Ellen. I like your spin on the story that refuses to die.

timrivtimrivabout 3 years ago

Really this has to be the worst yet, not only the violence, but how he got off, never going to happen, ended up with new even hotter wife and rich. Ridiculous. In this woke era he would be jailed to two life terms for the murders add two aggravated assaults, kidnapping and threatening to kill the bartender, not to mention a myriad of other gun offenses. Lucky if he got out out in a few hundred years. His head injury would never factor into it because he knew what he was doing the whole time. What happened after regarding his condition would not factor into the charges. Plus legal would leave him broke and his daughter in foster care. Time to get realistic guys.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Perfect addition to George Anderson's 'February Sucks' Franchise!

.

In Texas and many other states, there is a thing called jury nullification, where the jury essentially ignores the law and dispenses JUSTICE. In fact, truth be told, any jury, even in these states where they assert "jurors must follow the law", the jury can still follow the conscience. No juror can be punished for a not-guilty verdict and no acquittal can be overturned by any court or institution in the land.

AmunRa218AmunRa218about 3 years ago

Not great, not bad either. Be sure to proof read. Spell check does not correct misused words if spelled correctly. Not going to list all of them. Way too distracting. Keep writing just be sure to proof it. 3

Flar1958Flar1958about 3 years ago
Why do you think

Its your right to kill? Even in a fairy tale? In these case you legalise murder in general to women. And no one write about the fallout for the kids, to know their father kill the mother.

Your writing skills are good as ever. But to shoot other persons maybe led to shootings all over the US. Beat the male if you think its what you need, but remember what it do to your soul if you take a life.

Snowman7511Snowman7511about 3 years ago

One of the best version of this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ugh. Editing... Criminals get out on ‘parole’, not on the ‘payroll’. I thought LW was going to ask the DA what the salary would be... And events happen on a ‘fateful’ night, not a ‘faithful’ night... and, if anything, wouldn’t it have been an ‘unfaithful’ night?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

first story that tells what a man would love to do instead of divorce

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He should have shot Linda in the stomach or leg so she would lie and then kill himself.

The original story is a weak cuckold and pathetic reconciliation. the alternate versions are consistently ridiculous.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago

Getting out of jail on payroll is a classic! Switching tenses and POVs is merely amusing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ridiculous at best.

A wasted 4 minutes of my life.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago

THANK YOU finally someone killed that bastard. Now maybe we can move on from February?? PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not very plausible. A man kills his own wife and the DA won't take the case to trial? Unlikely, even with some extenuating circumstances. But please, get an editor. Nearly every sentence contained a typo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Always interesting to read a new take on the original story. One big problem at the very end of this one: convicted felons (he most certainly was one) are not permitted to own firearms.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

The story was quite flexible with a band leader became a bartender and the band leader-cum-bartender assaulted a poor, defenceless bird of prey, when he pushed a buzzard.

Editorial assistance would have helped.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

great version of a much read story. Liked your slant and the comic ending. No nitpicking here sir

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ok that was over the top but it is BTB so not complaining.

4/5 stars

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 3 years ago

Now that is one-and-done done the right way.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I love all of the February sucks stories and this is another great one. I guess I have anger issues because I was definitely ready for a scorched earth version. One small issue - Boca Raton is on the Atlantic side of Florida! Thanks for this version Omegaman56!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting rewrite, very entertaining.

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyabout 3 years ago
Big Red No

He has a gun as a felon. Even if it was house arrest it's still a Felony

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Unfortunately Boca Raton is on the east coast of Florida...hard to see the sun setting over the gulf!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don't think it's actually "no" woman. But you meet them. And you can't quite put your finger on the vibe they put off, but you look back on them and realize that, yeah, they were "available" if you pulled the right strings. And I never wanted anything to do with them. It's never really about the slut ray. They already were, no matter how much character they seemed to have. And yeah, it cuts both ways gender-wise.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 3 years ago

Best one so far. JUSTICE for all. 5 stars

Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveabout 3 years ago

A very aggressive version of the story. I think it expresses how a lot of people would love to respond to that situation! It really doesn’t matter how real the story is to me. However; I think you missed a good chance to write a better ending with the couple finding each other with their huge trust issues. You dug a deep hole for Jim and then just laid boards over it telling us everything was fine. It would have been fun to see you fill that hole back in.

Rw43Rw43about 3 years ago

Normally I don't go for macho "this is what I would have done" renditions of stories, and your Jim is pretty over-the-top, but your narrator also didn't take himself too seriously. Considering that he was 'waxing' people at the time, that's either incongruous or walking a fine line. I choose the fine line.

Speaking of fine lines, I busted up laughing when the DA offered to put him on the 'payroll.'

And then when 12 year old Emma began repeatedly crying, "Havoc!" around the house, it was even better! Such a warrior princess!

I've been missing some good malapropisms lately. These two were classics!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

The shooting was over the top, too much so, but I enjoyed the humor, especially at the end. Your wife is a smart lady. It's clear, like myself that you married "up". LOL I have proclaimed in numerous public posts on GA's story that it was brilliantly written but fatally flawed, as your wife noticed. The upside of the flawed plot was how many alternatives it generated. 4* for overall story and writing, an additional star for a smart wife! 5*

Danger09Danger09about 3 years ago

It just seem like a lot of work over some cum slut who wasn't worth it🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️... wouldn't it been easier to just let the football player have her?. I just don't understand the premise of a spouse killing the other after catching them. Especially when they have kids. Kids should be worth enough to step back and say, this whore is not worth it. The whore isn't worth it. In real life, dide would be in jail for life. All over a whore who wasn't worth the dog shit stuck to his shoes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

All right here's the offer. " 8 years manslaughter and he is out on payroll in 3."

I'd always read that one condition of parole was having a job. Jim is on the payroll 3 years into an 8 year sentence for manslaughter. Not bad, considering!

This would be one of the better follow-ups to the original story, but the spelling errors and poor word choices ruined the flow for me. That drops my rating down to 3/5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gulf of Mexico is 80 miles from Boca Raton

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Mike Mary answer to the problem. LOVE. slap hapy papy #9

lukeshortlukeshortabout 3 years ago
BEST

Best version of this theme. 5*

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3about 3 years ago

I enjoyed it because Marc and Linda got what they deserved, finally. I can definitely see him going temporarily insane. However, there were a lot of typos and punctuation mistakes - "payroll" instead of "parole", "faithful" instead of "fateful", and missing quotation marks when someone is speaking. An editor may be needed.

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Fitting ending except lavallier would be more deserving of having his junk shredded and debilitating gunshots to the feet , knees and hands ..... yeah, evil begets evil.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51about 3 years ago

Great story, only 1 little thing, "Boca Raton" doesn't overlook the Gulf......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Adolescent nonsense with the all-too familiar US 'gun as penis-substitute'.

rnebularrnebularabout 3 years ago

This story bounced all over the place after the lead in bits. The dialog was confusing and short of his past being that of a Navy Seal, it was rife with cliché. He shoots several people and "the town" opinion forces the DA to not try him for murder? I understand that this is fiction, but then years later he is magically paired up with a supermodel and lives happily ever after? Sorry, didn't like this version very much. It could have been polished a bit too.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the next one.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Aside from a couple editing issues, this was very entertaining.

Crazy reaction to a crazy situation.

I still don't buy Linda as anything but a "path", socio or psycho, take your choice.

I agree with your wife BTW, I don't think any woman in her right mind would behave that way in that situation.

Linda was not initially written as insane so it was just not really believable and I doubt Jim or any other husband, would have taken her back.

The conversation at the beginning of GA's story was bravo talk. I doubt the ladies would be so ballsy as to try that shit in front of God and everyone while they humiliate their husbands.

KristieBechirKristieBechirabout 3 years ago

Poorly written. Please use an editor. “Released on payroll”? “That faithful night”?

You switch from first person to third person and back, and have no sense of where quotation marks go.

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesabout 3 years ago

I think this is my favorite re-do. Personally, I would have used a 1911, but I am just old school, i guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I LOVE this version. Asshole got his and the slut got hers, big time. Then, Jim got a beautiful woman with a past, with no promises. She ended up being a loyal, loving wife and mother, and Emma and Tommy then had a REAL mother!! EXCELLENT!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Nah, the killing is over the top. Nobody deserves to die for cheating. Too many ways for them to get their just desserts.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Ridiculously over the top! Shoot them in the knees, kill the bum and the wife, escape justice, ridiculous!

I LOVED IT!

My only change would be to always shoot in the knees and not kill them. That way they all suffer for the rest of their lives, but at least LaValliere was destined to die. I'll never understand in these stories how the wife can change from good wife to hopeless slut that fast, but it does make the story effective.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Might have been the worst so far!

Bh76Bh76about 3 years ago

Sometimes it’s nice to suspend disbelief and just enjoy a crazy story. Good job.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

At first I thought - OMG, another one. But I just had ton read it.

A seriously good version. Thx!!!

Oh, and a definite fiver.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was hilarious: "I couldn't win an election as Head of Animal Control if I go to trial with this case."

Entirely enjoyable. I would have used the Glock to do gender reassignment surgery on LaValliere instead of killing him.

As for the foreword, a lot of people will say things after drinking a few that they would never really do. It gave GA the idea for his poorly executed story, but I seriously doubt that any wife other than a mental case or total slut would do what "Linda" did, which is one of the problems with the original's character development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I’m afraid that, as much as I hate cheating, I’m not a fan of violence.

You write well, but you really could use an editor, or at least a proofreader. I did get a chuckle out of this line: “He pushed the buzzard until LaValliere answered.” Interesting way to let people know someone’s at the door.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Better than the other one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked the story, But Boca is East coast of Fla. Gulf of Mexico is west coast? Can't see the sunset on the Gulf from Boca!

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 3 years ago

I normally don't like violence but in this story it just seemed right!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

Good story but not very realistic in today's fucked up world. Still worth 5 stars from me. cd

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Nice Texan version of "Feb. Sucks"

I'm glad it wasn't a Californian or Washington State version for in those, the husband would have been given two life terms after getting castrated, and on top of that the governors would have erected a statue to Marc Lavalliere wearing a mask like Mr. Anthony Fauci nonetheless. Thanks for your story and the effort and time writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

A good version of February Sucks, thanks. 4*

Dino3434Dino3434about 3 years ago

Great version of the George Anderson classic with just a little tongue in cheek. But Boca Raton is on the Atlantic not the Gulf. Loved it though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sucked

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Not been reading many of these follow ups lately but when I saw the whining about the violence I couldn't resist. Good job. One of the best follow ups I've read. Yeah, I'm the type guy that has no problems feeding pricks and assholes to the gators.

jaythemanjaythemanabout 3 years ago

It was fun. For a while, I was tired of the February Sucks stories, but I have liked some of the recent ones. I think the story could have been improved by some dialogue right after the husband shot Marc, asking Linda if it was worth it and fulfilled all of her fantasies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Preposterous. Not worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Entitled people of the world beware, there are people like this everywhere. Great people, great and loyal friends and the worst people to cross. Being entitled, rich and believing you deserve what ever you want no matter who gets hurt and doing it with the false belief that you are immune to the consequences. Well, just remember that there are people like this out there. No matter how rich, powerful and beyond repercussions you think you are. You will not be saved if you cross one of us. No amount of money, protection or insulation you think you have will help you. So, just be happy with the graces you have been given and don't cross the wrong person.

Ah hell go ahead and be the entitled assholes you think you are, one less of you is a step in the right direction.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 3 years ago

Best one yet. Should have shot Dee also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not the most unrealistic version but not a good one either

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

That seemed like a calm and sensible way of dealing with Linda humiliating him.

A refreshingly different take on the story. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Jesus fuck, this was bad. English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

JohnD46JohnD46about 3 years ago

Now that was a fun story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty funny. Your wife should like it. Especially the parts about him getting "out on PAYROLL" and the new woman talking about what happened that FAITHFUL night."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

better then original

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

This really doesn't even own up to a 1 star.

Shes a self centered slut, he was a f-ing idiot and everyone around them were ass wipes.

Literally stopped after he pulled the Trump supporter routine in Marc's house.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneabout 3 years ago

I liked it. It is not George Anderson's Jim, but I like the decisive way he dealt with Marc and Linda. Boom-Boom, out go the lights. And he beat the rap. And he got Ellen.

Omegaman56Omegaman56about 3 years agoAuthor

Sorry guys my spell check pur payroll in there the first tirme. Instead of parole thought funnier hell. So left it.

tangoperutangoperuabout 3 years ago

Why won't you proofread it?

It's not payrolle, it's PAROLE. And that's only one of many. Nice story but it had too many grammar errors, that made it hard to read and enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Geezus, this was awful. How could you do this to GA's story?

Literotica staff - could you please institute an "ignore author" feature?

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

This piece lacked emotion, yes it had murder and mayhem

but that's not new for this story.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

4* Good overall. However, I doubt Linda would have verbally attacked her bleeding, kill-mode hubby holding a pistol, and especially after he blew up her boyfriend's head with hollow points.

eightytuneseightytunesabout 3 years ago

To me, the best part was he shot his wife after he shot Marc. So fitting. The ending was the final touch, showing how he gained a new wife, a new life. 5 STARS.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

One of the best endings to that stoty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Glocks don’t have safeties.

SpottedDog2018SpottedDog2018about 3 years ago

I've read every ending of this February series. This one was the most hairy testicles one to date. Love the immediate reaction to shoot those who piss me off! It reminded me of the Jimi Hendrix lyrics for "Hey Joe". Keep up the good cause. And besides who wouldn't want their second wife to be a retired high end escort? Yeah call Heidi Fliescher for me the kids need a mommy since I emptied an entire mag of hollow point into that last one.

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

More to reality than most of the other stories about February.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

At last. marc and the bitch got what they deserved.

And Jim got what he deserved too.

Good job :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

glock has no hard safety every gun person knows that.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Bocs Raton is on the Atlantic side of Florida. It doesn’t have a view of the Gulf of Mexico.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

Another one? Jesus christ. There have been amazing stories that didn't has many bad alternate takes as this. F me. I wish George would STOP allowing "versions" just so we can stop reading the same thing every God damned day.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Now that was an interesting take on the February Sucks storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed and had a rollicking good time laughing along with this tongue in cheek tale.

This funnily enough ends up being one of the best takes on this time worn story.

Thank you for your original creative effort.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Only in america (and maybe afganistan?) would one imagine that this could really happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That was awful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Best remake but boca is on the east coast can't see the gulf from there

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago

Okay story, LW could have gotten him off w a temporary insanity defense pretty easily. I also wonder if they would let him keep his kids in a situation like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finally! The correct version.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

Was fun reading your really well told story. Pure pragmatism! Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A fantasy story with no sense of reality. Killing his wife and the football player with hollow point bullets get him life. Nice try but unreal.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Google is your friend. Glocks don't have safeties.

Your MC does NOT fuck around does he?

Oh no, there are women who love bad guys. They will marry mass murderers. I promise you there would be women making him offers. His version of one and done...OK that's funny. And she was with And she was with Anderson. 😂

I like the way your wife thinks.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wouldn’t think the children would be too happy that Dad killed Mom

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I read George Anderson's original story, after reading two versions of his text. A BTB and another RAAC.

I confess that I am not in favor of retaliating against extreme violence or death. Although at times, Linda deserved a beating to leave marked for the rest of her life and Laville should have been castrated.

The original story left me with a degree of indignation. Upon reading what Jim had been through, and putting me in his place, I would not be with Linda but would never abandon my children. My "friends" would be history and Dee ... well, I would probably set up a trap for her.

This version passed a little bit of the curve. But apart from some details, which might not have a negative influence on the text, it is a closer version of the insane reaction of a humiliated and betrayed man.

Worn history? Perhaps. Will new versions still emerge? I do not know for sure.

Maybe next February ...

PS. English is not my original language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finally a real main c. Not the wimps Anderson endlessly writes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved the DA character.

Prince020402Prince020402about 3 years ago

Did your spellcheck also put "pur payroll" in your comment too? If you're going to make the effort please slow down and make it readable, or at least have someone edit it.

This was funny and a good take. It would have been much better if you'd taken the time to reread it before you hit send.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS SEQUEL................

Jim is completely without guilt as this story is written. The beating and subsequent brain injury would have removed any responsibilities for thos crime. I just hope his first shot for Linda wasn't to the dome so she'd have a moment to consider that her "Once in a lifetime " experience had a very high cost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow that was awful!

I get that it's fiction, but unless you go full sci-fi or fantasy you have to keep at least a toe-nail in reality.

Jim would be in for terrorising the club customers, assault with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment (unlike the goons, where Jim could have left by another exit if he rather than getting in their faces) or kidnapping, breaking and entering (you don't actually have to break anything...) and of course the double homicide. All this being premeditated as he went home first to get his gun and spare magazines. They could possibly add reckless endangerment to the list for driving in that condition and with a skinful.

Next child welfare would have his kids in care as he's obviously not stable.

Put him in jail and don't grant bail and try for an impartial jury, given your storyline, it wouldn't happen and Jim would be in jail for ages waiting.

Assistant DAs would jump all over a case like this as it would be great for their careers being so high profile.

The DA would be ousted not for bringing Jim to trial, but for not doing so and for the 'liberal women' comment.

What made it worse was how bad your writing was, jumping from past to present tense, from 1st to 3rd person and then back again. Typos and poor use of speech marks, either missing or not capitalising the 1st letter.

You really need an editor.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmegaman56@Omegaman56
I beleive in honor, integrity and man keeping his word with a handshake. I am judgmental only to the point I make sure I live up to my own standards of other people. I like to see stories end where earned forgiveness given. I am much more likely to believe a man forgives t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES