All Comments on 'February Sucks Redux'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 284 Comments (Page 2)
cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Karma train

Was very mild from what was expected. Ending was a little rushed. But A for effort.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

IS JOHNADP LIKE MENTALLY RETARDED? -- Lets see

He firsts asks this

......Let me ask the readers this question. If you were highly attractive to women, and your wife was totally cool with you fucking other women, wouldn't you fuck other women when you got the chance?

Why are you asking this hypothetical? that's not what happened in the story so who cares about this hypothetical

then JOHADP asks this

If there were no consequences, why wouldn't you have wanted to feel that amazing thrill. There was nothing inherently wrong in wanting to experience that or enjoying the experience. You'd be sorry that you hurt your wife and damaged your marriage and family.

again the wife seems to think there would be no consequences but so what? Yes there is something inherently wrong with stepping out of the marriage and having sex with other men WHEN you are doing so without even considering your husband's feelings or reaction or point of view. You seem to have a great deal of difficulty in understanding that a marriage consists of a two with supposedly equal say an equal value.

JOHNADP WROTE

But in all these stories there is an insistence that the wife being sorry for hurting her husband and damaging her marriage and family is not enough. She has to feel bad about enjoying the fucking itself with the other man/men. And that goes into some weird male psychological thing that a woman should be incapable of enjoying sex with anyone besides us.

No stupid that's not it. That's not even close to being it.

The issue isn't that readers want the wife to really feel sorry or really feel remorse. The issue is that in many of these stories the wife blindly assumes that the husband would be okay with her stepping out for a day or a week thanks to husband should get over it even though he as not consulted or even asked ... and the wife actually is stunned to think WHY the husband MIGHT even be upset or hurt.

And it's the last one which is the real problem in these stories. It's bad enough that you blindly assume that your husband will take you back and that you don't have to even talk to him about what you ae going to do.

but if you not even understand or recognize that your husband might be hurt or upset or damaged psychologically by what you are about to do .... the marriage is over

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

As much as I hate to admit it I think Harryin VA Gets to the real heart of the problem with these kinds of stories.

The wife in this story and in many of these types of LW just seems really stunned or unable to figure out why the husband my be upset and often doesn't even recognize that he should be upset or hurt or humiliated.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Third version and counting?" - Actually it's the fourth. Harddaysknight's "With a Little Help From my Friends," is actually a version also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No Punishment Too Great

Linda screwed things up on her own accord, with help from her "friends". She never felt shame, so she would do it again in the future. Between her and her asshole buddy, no punishment is too great. He should have been beaten worse than severely, and a little lesson wouldn't have hurt her, either...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Her abandonment of him was the critical issue

Great and compelling story.

I found myself thinking about if Linda was my wife and the superstar propositioned her PRIVATELY. She tells me and admits to the desire to say yes. I say no. She begs me with all sorts of promises, I never agree, But, one Friday she calls from work and says she is going out with ASSHOLE and she will see me Sunday. I holler no but she says Honey I will always love you first, but this is an experience I can not possibly turn down. Then she secretly returns, well fucked, says sorry honey but just had to get that and it was great. Within a couple of days, we are fully reconciled and love each other forever. Contrast that with a story where she leaves the club in the same way, but changes her mind on the way and makes him take her to her own home, where she was never even kissed. She apologizes sincerely. The next day I am off to the divorce lawyer. For me, it was the humiliating abandonment with intent to sin that killed the marriage. Not the recreational event itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better version

Beats the h*ll out of the wife sharing crap that seems to have taken over this category

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "A missed opportunity" - Yes, I feel that having the other husbands react like the husbands in the preface would have helped make things more realistic.

@Anonymous Re: "Johnadp -- remorse and contrition" - "Simple point -- loving people don't knowingly inflict intense pain and harm on those they supposedly love." Yes, I've made this point in a few comments, that a weakness in the original premise is that she was a supposedly loving wife, which makes it hard to suspend disbelief for the betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ok

Enjoyed it but hopefully someone will write a version where the football player suffers some real pain and consequences, along with the wife and their clueless friends

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Thanks, Mr. 1957,

I enjoyed the story very much. If you would like to read another story by this author, tune in December 7 for "Hanging by a Thread." Thrillers from your favs. Can't wait to read yours, Mr. 1957. Randi.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Though it was well written, it does get tiring to see nearly every woman written as the queen "me, me, me" bitch" with no self awareness. That does get old, but I guess no writer here can manipulate the "we want blood" crowd any other way.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Even though this is advertised as a harder edge, it feels more palatable than the original, which was just brutal to Jim. This just reads like a soft belated BTB, which isn't exactly a revelation, but still amends some of the injustice from the original.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago

Redux is much better than original. *****

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Terrific sequel.

Wife was a lunatic. 5 stars.

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 3 years ago
OK OK...

This is the third reprise of the original. In my opinion none of them have rung true. There are just too many "big events', the big cash pay out, the angry collection of the wife at the interloper's front door, and now the big news story that exposes an evil wife and unscrupulous athlete.

Now, the problem I had with this version of the story was the author's rush to a conclusion, and along the way his failure to bring the wife, Linda, in greater focus.

At no time have I thought Linda was completely beyond redemption. Her delusional fantasy coupled with some sort of misguided belief her husband would "understand and forgive" was her undoing. I know there can never be the kind of reconciliation that would return our hero and Linda to that one place, a restored family, but something could happen.

I'm reminded of D.Q. S. and W.W.W.M. In that story, a classic, D.Q.'s hero moved forward, he met other women, he focused on his career, he worked out and rebuilt his body, he became a real success. To be sure, there was concurrent movement with D.Q.'s hero's wife, but at the end of the "free" portion of the story in Literotica the wife was contemplating the possibility of getting her husband back.

I'm not suggesting a reconciliation. I am suggesting an abused husband who goes on and becomes something of importance in the community, while the wife, Linda, grapples with a slowly withering career and the erosion of respect within her immediate circle. Finally, bonnet in hand, Linda tries to recover a portion of what she threw away. At last, after sufficient groveling, a new relationship, perhaps with a third habitation site, and an arranged relationship where the wife accepts full responsibility for what she did and a new subservient, submissive, role, while her ex-husband meets and seduces other women with her full awareness. I could perceive a situation where Linda surrenders her career in exchange for a piece, a small piece, of what she originally had and threw away.

That's where I'd like to see this story go.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi/FirstBorn374)

Last and finally. This was well-written, and deserves a well earned five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story!

Even the comments are interesting. Here, however, is one that misses the point:

"So, if there was an especially beautiful young woman who came onto you at work regularly and you had an affair with her for a couple of months and had the best sex of your life, and felt totally alive like you hadn't for years, and your wife finds out and is devastated and wants to divorce you and break up the family, you'd regret fucking the other woman because of the consequences. If there were no consequences, why wouldn't you have wanted to feel that amazing thrill. There was nothing inherently wrong in wanting to experience that or enjoying the experience."

To say there is nothing inherently wrong in wanting to experience the beautiful woman ignores the point that, even if the wife doesn't find out and there are "no consequences", you are still wrong for doing it. It's a violation of your vows and a betrayal of your wife and family. Some things are wrong in themselves, not merely because someone might feel pain. If I could get away with stealing money from a bank, and the auditors don't catch it so there are no "consequences" (certainly no "pain" because no knows it happened), it's still wrong.

I see that the "consequences" view was called "logical" by someone. It's only logical" is you have a defective moral theory, and all purely "consequentialist" moral theories are defective.

andyinozandyinozover 3 years ago
An improvement

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How do you balance unethical immoral behavior?

His business partner cheated him, embezzled partnership property and gave it to someone else, openly and notoriously, because she thought it would be and was fun. So how do you balance that dishonesty, with anything, least of all alternative dishonesty?

He realized he married badly, entered into a partnership with a dishonest partner, so he did the only thing you can do to correct such a poor decision. He salvaged what he could of the assets from the partnership, and reinvested them when he had the opportunity, eventually with a new, hopefully more intelligent and honest partner. Only time will tell.

Yours was easily a more realistic and better ending then George Anderson's. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really, what judge would reverse a this case.

A real fairy tail the way you wrote it. No judge without the mother doing drugs or something else would he ever reverse himself .on appeal she would get the kids. What a crock,

breville1breville1over 3 years ago
Run of the mill...

The usual. The way he got custody of the kids was interesting but the jock didnā€™t really pay for his actions. Otherwise the story was the usual and not well told. I didnā€™t feel the prolonged misery of both protagonists that is usual in this kind of scenario...she loves him absolutely but....

In a story like this, itā€™s going to be hard to divorce and hard to stay together. Many times, people stay together for the kids but once they leave, things start to unravel. Empty nesters find new interests and if they stay together, itā€™s never going to be happily ever after....thereā€™ll always be a catch to the relationship. The problem will always be in the back of their minds. Mutual separation or even divorce Is likely.

So whichever scenario is chosen, itā€™ll never be satisfactory. Itā€™ll be down to how the story was told. The original and HDKs versions were much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Twisty for someone

Jim takes Dee to the dance floor, cuts in on Mark and Linda and hands Dee to Mark. Someone can run with that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

My response would make this revision seem like child's play.

Anyone that would allow a spouse to do this to them (either husband or wife) is not worth the trouble of staying with or even dealing with anymore on any level.

Nothing is worse than giving you life to another person and then having them laughing kick you in the face. This wife got of very lucky, but then it's fiction!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

JDiver. I'm not sure which NBA player, all dogs, you're speaking of, but Magic is still very much alive and an owner of a the LA Dodgers. He was HIV positive, but don't think he ever developed AIDs. He reconciled with his wife, and due to all the publicity he has probably cut back pretty severely on his promiscuous lifestyle. NASCAR driver Tim Richmond did did ofbHIV/AIDS and infected at least one famous young actress, who I know from the hospital and my church. She is still alive and married to a wonderful man. There are probably other HIV positive athletes, but don't can't remember any others. My Eagle alienation of affection tackle was Fletcher Cox. I googled him, and he settled the shit with th NC man out of court. Apparently the man only wanted $50,000 for the whore, so Fletcher got off cheaper than Marc did in the other story. This one was great Hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good version 4 stars.

The most important part of all of these stories is danced around. The central part of all of them is a cheating,slut of a wife. The suddenness and the circumstances of how she bailed on hubby and stayed out all night until afternoon the next day are just window dressing. Yes the way she did it pushed the emotions to the limit no doubt but that bottom line is she is a cheating whore and she did it in front of hubby and all of her friends. All the horseshit about hubby letting it go and it only being one night is irrelevant!!! Ex wife is a slut who cheated on hubby period. Like many other comments I could say "what if hubby did the same thing would she forgive" let alone her skanky wife friends or would hubby be run outta town as a homewrecker and never get to see his kids again? Wife is a slut and she should be treated as one period!!!

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 3 years ago

Meh, the rewrite isn't half as good as the original... it was boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I like that ending better. That's a hell of a thing to do to someone, anyone, and she deserved to eat shit.

zeuspmzeuspmover 3 years ago
nice to see some consequences

the wife character was too much sure of herself and her husband. maybe she would have had a chance if she wouldn't have humiliated him in front of everyone

012Say012Sayover 3 years ago
Great!

I liked in your intro, the author has a story to tell. I wish people rated that. I gave both 5 stars Frankly the mote difficult tale to tell is the original, which was done very well. It is more likely with the hurt from the beginning, yours would be the result. You told that story very well. As a reader, I am delighted by the tale-well-told, both were, both earned my 5.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

Thank you for a version of this story that is not RAAC! An enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nothing wrong, but.....

As a story, there's not really anything 'wrong'with this,but I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other versions. Kinda felt like something was just missing, but I'm not sure what.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

no offense FirstBorn374

you didn't like any of the previous offerings, including this one, which was the best by far. And feel that somehow that they don't ring true, than YOU write your version. Don't put this off on others and than tell them how they missed the mark. Of course ALL of these don't ring true! lol In what world would this happen? It's just fiction ;0)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Twisty for someone" - I like it! We know Dee wishes it were her, Dave doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with it. Win-win!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
For what is Linda sorry?

Multiple commenters have said that a big part of the problem is that while Linda might be sorry that her husband reacted the way he did -- in every version -- she isn't sorry for the sex.

Well, who would be? It was the best sex in her life, best she ever had or ever will have again. No one would have expected her to have been sorry for the best sex ever before she married, and no one here is sorry for the best sex he's ever had, even if it wasn't with his wife. It's only the consequences that cause sorrow.

Mr Anderson's original, to which the 'rewrites' have remained true, is that Marc simply picked up Linda in front of her husband and friends. Remember the 'discussion' in Mr Anderson's original, how the women were laughing, "Why would I tell my husband?" Mr Anderson's original, and the rewrites, all had John's nose rubbed in it.

But what if Linda had sex with the greatest sex god ever, but John didn't know about it? Or if he found out, it was still private knowledge; no one else knew about the adultery? The story dynamic completely changes, because so much of all of the versions are based on Linda showing public disrespect to her husband.

Mr Anderson's original had Linda confessing to John that the sex with Marc was her best time ever, but I have to ask: why, in that situation, wouldn't she have shaded it with a lie? Admit the sex, since it was undeniable, but wouldn't most wives, at that point, have said that yeah, it was good, but not played it up to have been so fantastic? Wouldn't most wives have said yeah, it was good, but other than being different, not really better than sex with her husband?

Finally, remember: even though in one version Marc was traded to Cleveland, I picture the original to him having played for the Cincinnati Bungles, in which case a trade to Cleveland would be an upgrade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why change a good story into a pathetic revenge fantasy?

How many more times will terrible writers reach out from their mother's basements with more meaninglessness "if that was MY wife" drivel? Write what you know from experience - your own experience.

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
The most likely outcome

Of the offerings Iā€™ve read so far this seems to be the most likely outcome. I just donā€™t see how she could do that to him in front of all her friends and there be a reconciliation for the kids sake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
no good

you completely changed the wife's character. When you write a continuation off someone else's work, you should stay as true to form as possible with the characters. Instead you re wrote the wife as being completely unrepentant which just wasn't true.

1 Stars, would give zero stars if available

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The first story....

....was not that good but the ones trying to fix it are even worse. The problem was the wife, not the husband.

She did not care about him nor her children. At the end of every story she wins because she finds happiness one way or another..... *

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well - this was more of an extended outline than an actual story. And the POV shifted from previous efforts to tell the whole story to focusing on hubby's falling pretty much in the BTB camp. Wifey pretty much was stucked with variations of 'this was no big deal' and 'how can we solve this if we're not together.'

Guess we'll see the Therapy-based authors weigh-in next, maybe they can figure this out.

One thing is certain, I haven't read anything(even the original) close to a 5 star story yet.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Seems to me....

...some anon commentators don't understand the concept of a different ending. I liked this and it was certainly more realistic in terms of likely outcome (although I did understand HDK writing a tongue in cheek version just to wind people up). As you said GA's story was very good and well written just not the ending most hoped for, including me...this suits me but having half a brain I also understand they are both works of fiction and as with the original they belong to the author. Thank you.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Possible outcome

This is probably more realistic than some others, thereā€™s no way he could compete with her memories of the great sex and being such a great gentleman especially when she said she thought she would probably go back again. No man with any self respect could live with that.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Wow! 140 comments in under a day!

I LIKE the outcome, but I have to agree, wife is out of character with original. Not that I liked the original end, but an alternate ending would have to have wife, if not exactly alike, at least without a huge character break. And the closer to original the better the story ā€œwritingā€ is IMO.

graymangazergraymangazerover 3 years ago

I read and commented on the original, stating how the wife's actions were so stupid and ridiculous as to be unbelievable, I still stand by my first thoughts. To recap, a woman might cheat on her husband, she might do it knowing she'll be found out, but I seriously can't believe any woman in what is classed as a normal marriage could be so stupid as to walk off with another man in those circumstances and then compound her stupidity by later saying the things she did, e.g. "It was the best night of her life." Too unbelievable, especially in a story about supposedly everyday folk.

Having said that I still found it a compelling and entertaining read, and I also thought this was a more believable and satisfying conclusion.

I'm far from a BTB advocate, too much chest thumping for my taste, but in this case she really did deserve it. I also liked the fact that Bill didn't turn out to be some kind of superman with a friend in the special forces, a surveillance expert and didn't go into convoluted plans to hide his secret wealth etc. although you almost slipped into the BTB routine by having a "close friend who's a family lawyer," 99.99999% of people don't personally know anybody who's a lawyer, and lawyers are famously known not to have close friends anyway. But all in all a better ending if a little routine.

I do have one major gripe though: to me the main culprit in this story was Marc, why did he get let off so easily. It was obvious something he makes a habit of doing so how come Bill or one of the previously wronged husbands hasn't rearranged his face and groin areas? Just a thought, I couldn't imagine him getting away with it where I live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Surprised

Really surprised that the opinions on this story(s) are so varied in regards to whatā€™s wrong. It seems like a pretty open and shut case and a pretty darn unforgivable one at that.

Marriage is a partnership and even when itā€™s not spelled out, we all know their are varying degrees of lines that if we cross will damage that relationship and at the very least will put us in the doghouse. Some damages would be catastrophic, for example selling one of my kids into slavery with out clearing it with my partner would be such,. But volunteering them to do lawn work for a neighbor without discussion would not likely create even a ripple. Going out and buying a new boat with out even discussing would land me in the doghouse and would do damage to our relationship but marriage probably would survive albeit starting down a rocky road. Mortgaging the house and taking that and all our savings and losing it at horse track would mean the single life for me.Cheating definitely would be catastrophic, but as we know in some

Cases can be forgiven. But not if there is no remorse and no trust that it wonā€™t happen again. Plus if the damages/ pain is to great ,it just canā€™t be overcome.

The public way she betrayed him not only is humiliating, it insures he will constantly be reminded of that night and getting to heal would be difficult at best. The reminders and his own festering anger would make staying togetherā€for the kidsā€ a miserable home life for that family and really a selfish act to not be denied seeing them as much but infact not healthy for them. The fact that mr nfl was a super stud is salt in the wounds but irrelevant, fact is no matter if he was worst lay in history. It is human nature that in the husbands mind will always be the fear that NFL was better... and certainly was at the very least more appealing such that she ditched hubby the way she did. It was already stated they mutually understood that cheating was a zero tolerance item. So without discussion and reaching an accord on redefining their relationship she went and crossed way over the catastrophic line in horrific fashion. No remorse and no way to trust it wonā€™t happen again... and way to much pain. Dead marriage.

This version atleast offered what we all know should happen, the split. The original and ones that have them staying together, seem really out of step with how the story was laid out. While I would not enjoy it, it would be interesting to see the story continuing so you can see the implosion because they stayed together,... cause donā€™t see any sort of happiness for any of that family if they tried to reconcile. But hey maybe rewrite the hubby into a extreme cuck wannabe or mentally challenged with barely two digit IQ maybe it all works then.... or has Alzheimerā€™s yeah that could work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I do like..

...this version better, but wish the footballer would have got "mugged in an alley or something. Maybe by the husband of another wife he conquered. 5 stars. Thanx...

Loklie

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Better

Better ending than the original.

digger907digger907over 3 years ago

got the right result just shows how some are easily led up the garden path

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Just saying

Why didnā€™t he get the house back?

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

Linda should never have known that sex with ANY other man was better, worse, or the same as her husband. She should be damn sorry for now knowing.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Needed more violence.

The kind that ruins a sport career.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointing Sequel

from one of the better authors on this site.

This focused on the retribution angle instead of the gut-wrenching dilemma of the original story, which was what made the original so memorable: how to survive as an intact family unit while trying to heal the 'sin of sins' in what was a close marriage. Divorce > custody > public exposure is old hat and, frankly, a bit boring to read about.

argeelogargeelogover 3 years ago

Better than the original but not as good as Saddletramps. I really hate RAAC.

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

Nice try. 'E' for effort, but as a BTB story it was average. I did like your appreciation of GA's right to have Jim and Linda reconcile, as you have the right to divorce them. You give a black and white story in just over one page. For myself I like stories with shades of gray that are more emotionally developed.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

i liked the overall direction of the story but disappointed you decided to skip a lot of details. it's really the details that make it interesting.

Stuff like:

what happened after the papers were served - what was her reaction to it (not just the custody)? is she trying to fight the divorce? did she harass him about the terms? did she beg him to drop? did friends/family intervene? her relationship with Marc?

Post divorce - "didn't follow Linda's life" is such a cop out. would've liked to see what she got up to, did they have any fights? did she try to win him back? does she regret it? feel lonely?

Post custody - what life is like having to pay child support and not see her kids, how is she suffering? her thoughts on the situation? her reputation? dating life? work life? family/friends?

a nice romance story with Sammy Jo, assimilating to the family, making new friends, was Linda jealous?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story, but

It could have been fleshed out a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

Unlike Southern California .. We live a very conservative lifestyle here in Northern Cal. One pro team got kicked out of a popular restaurant .. They are 86'd for life as far as I know . The NBA carried a lot of clout and spent a lot of money to cover everything up . The pros think they could get away with anything . My Sensi and a former running Back from Nebraska almost got into a fight . The running back went in the first round .I was only a Brown belt at the time but you know I had My Teachers Back ..

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Read most or all of these

I honestly can't imagine every possession she had, especially the ones with sentimental value, wasn't destroyed or in a dumpster across town before she got home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better but still not there

3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

This is your idea of a story with an edge?? I DON'T THINK SO!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where is the edge?

Not satisfactory at all. Not terrible, but not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Needs more payback

Not enough payback on Mark. Plus what about the so called friends that let it happen. Little payback there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Asshole got no payback and the clueless slut got very little. She said the newspaper story made her look like a slut. Funny, the stupid C U Next Tuesday, couldn't see that abandoning her husband in a public place to play hide the hot dog with a jock, was the wrong thing to do.Linda, and asshole should both pay the ULTIMATE price!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Linda was worried that people would think she's the biggest slut on the planet. GOOD, maybe the neighbors would finally find out what she was. Karma is a bitch. Too bad Marc wouldn't have gotten his, not quite dead, but close... Wonderful story!

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

only a 3 on this story. The NFL sucker did NOT get enough payback. He should have been blacklisted from every football team in the world. Selling real estate or used cars is about all he is good for, but even that is a stretch - maybe a Wally mart greeter is a better choice.

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468about 3 years ago

"A tribute to a GeorgeAnderson epic - with a harder edge"

For anyone who reads the comments first then there is no harder edge to this story. None at all. Rather soft to be honest. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Weak.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

after reading all of the various interasian of this POS story, I am really surprised that a writer didn't have the balls to write the husband as anything other than a little scared man. I am former Leo,with 27 years on the job and in most states,the pro athletes size,strength, and youth would be considered a desparity of force,and the husband would legally be entitled to use sufficient force to defend. In the situation in the story, a small 3 or 4 inch long edged weapon would be sufficient to cut open the athletes arm or leg muscles, which would definitely take the fight out of the offender right away. On my time on the force, I have seen this situation play out several times, where the offending party was arrested even though they had serious injuries. I wish one of the writers out there would write a "streetwise "of this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stories are better without cliches like this: "You can't just stop loving someone cold turkey, "

In the case of a cunt like Linda, cold turkey would be easy.

Apart from that, this was far better than GA's story after the slut's return.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice story but i feel you should have expanded the end a little more......you should have written more about NFL cheating wife after Shelby's article was published and how her parents and those friends of hers reacted....

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69almost 3 years ago

I read the original a while ago, and it totally Pissed me off. I then read just about all of the ā€œguestā€ sequels, andI wasnā€™t too impressed with almost all of them either. This one comes closest to being what i thought should happen. I wish though, thatā€™s i about 2-4 more chapters long.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

Anonymous5 months ago

NOPE!

This is your idea of a story with an edge?? I DON'T THINK SO!

jesemmojesemmoalmost 3 years ago

Good story, was disappointed with the ending. To me it too generic and predictable. "He meets a women with one child and they marry and live happily ever after."

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

An Homage to the BTB crowd.

I have to admit this is one set of Variants i am getting enjoyment from

The authorā€™s opening comments hit the heart of responding in these forums. The story is the authorā€™s to tell and yet so many argue how they choose to carry a plot.

I just find it all an interesting release from reality

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

I could laugh ten straight minutes after reading this. But how did the cheating cunt find another man after her story got out? Just one of my questions. Still a great short tale.

Five Stars

PierremanvisPierremanvisalmost 3 years ago

As these endings go I enjoyed this. Short and to the point. So many are all over the place and almost a different story on their own. But then what one can expect from Hooked . Five for me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice build up , lots of drama and then it all fizzled out .

Wouldn't the papers want to follow up on the adventures of Marc ? And then perhaps more of his victims come forward with their tales of woe . Linda would have to be interviewed surely ?. And she has her parents who must be embarrassed to say the least . There was so much more but it all slipped and slid into another pile of cuckold acceptance.

Quite sad as you have a talent for writing .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would have thought that the judge would have decided on joint custody instead of awarding full custody to either parent.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Yet

Yet another version where Marc gets off light,instead of destroyed.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

Second time reading I changed my vote from a 4 to 5 but I think you could have really done this story justice if you had fleshed out Linda family response but still very goodā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69almost 3 years ago

Of the numerous endings to this story that Iā€™ve read, this one is close to, or may even be the best. Jus for me though, Iā€™d have hoped for a happy ending where they get back together. But, thatā€™s only because of my personal history.

The original premise is outrageous and so far away from reality that one could roll ove on the floor laughing at it. However, one must realize that itā€™s fiction that is meant to entertain...and it does. Onl.y problem is that upon reading it (ever time), it makes me feel as if Iā€™ve been gut punched in my solar plexus.

Well dolce though.Congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A good version, although its missing any payback on his so called friends and no real apology from the ex. Also like to hear some regret on the part of the ex, rather than her getting on well with her life sans prinar custody.

Given that I give it a generous 4.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
@anony 8/16/21 payback,regrets.

What payback could he do to the 4 other couples? Given the parameters of the story that MC wasnā€™t a Navy SEAL or former intelligence agent of some sort, or fraternity brothers with a multibillionaire who would back him socially or financially raping the couples. Or physically assault them somehow without going to jail. What could he do? What?

Wife expressing regrets ā€” Youā€™re assuming she regrets having the best sex of her life. Thatā€™s part of the point of the story. At least in this version (and several of the alternate versions) she NEVER comes to regret actually going off with Mr NFL. She regrets getting divorced. She regrets getting embarrassed in court and later in the media. She regrets the aftermath But actually doing it? Nope.

Beast1961caBeast1961caover 2 years ago

Excellent ending... except... I would have burned Linda way worse than you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not tough enough on Linda. What did her parents and siblings know feel about her being a traitor to her marriage vows? She never apologized to Jim for her disrespect to him and her kids. She needed a severe boot in the slats for her actions. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was still too nice to the slut. She'd have come home to find all her shit in the yard so the entire neighborhood knew that she was a whore. Nice spin to see he got the kids.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

When the judge was considering "new evidence" where was Linda's lawyer? Her lawyer would want to know what the "new evidence" is. I would think a judge reversing themselves without actual new evidence would be a problem. Just saying.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh well. In this version there is Not enough payback on Mr NFL or on Dee and their friends that helped it to happen

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story ending compared to the original authorā€™s crap ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Should have saved all the problems, and had slut and Asshole nearly killed or worse...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Better than the original story but didnā€™t hurt either of the cheaters nearly enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, really enjoyed it. Went back and read the original story and really enjoyed it but this one has a better ending. Would have really liked to have seen wifes perspective at different points within the story, was all from Husband perspective. Really like this authors writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Linda and her friends didn't think she did anything wrong. Brain dead slut and her cronies... The football player should have gotten a licking so bad he pissed his pants, or far worse. The slut did it once and if another chance comes up, she'll do it again...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

While good reading it adds nor detracts from the original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK plot but shallow characters.

Best I can give is 3 stars & felt that was generous.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One dimensional BTB that adds nothing to the original.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Entertaining & well written stories, if you overlook the punctuation problems. Like other commenters I've read, while I'm undecided if Linda got her justice done, I'm sure Marc should've gotten a lot worse than a simple trade. Outside of maybe physical, there's suing both the NFL & Marc himself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous