All Comments on 'February Sucks Redux'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 284 Comments
enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
:p

February roles all, best month ever

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Really good. Exposing her behavior in the media must have hit her hard. I would have liked a little retribution for her friends but still a really good read. I'm giving 5 stars for writing a more realistic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a good follow up

I think that you could have done better. It is too full of cliches:

1 Run into trouble so get drunk

2 Liqour of choice is a cliche too

3 The protagonist still loves her

4. Not ready to start over

etc etc

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
lol

a fun read but i still think the she was too shallow to have not cheated before, not to mention the fact that she didn't seem to think she did anything wrong. delusion is a social plaque. check ur social groups out carefully or u will catch it, its running rampant in the U.S.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Another exciting read and I loved it.

Thanks

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Meh

The original was an awful story.

Not because of the reconciliation but because it had more holes in it than a Swiss cheese.

This vesion failed to fill many.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Third version and counting?

First we had George Anderson's original story in which the wife goes off with the pro footballer. In that story, the husband stays with the wife, for the children's sake and nothing happens to Mr. Football. Not a good ending but GA loves his RAAC's. In the second version "February sucks - alternative" by Greenday0418, the wife goes off with Mr. Football, but the husband goes and retrieves his wife before any sex has happened. The husband knocks his wife up and as she delivers a baby, Mr. Football gets traded to Cleveland. Not a believable ending, because how he finds them and then goes back to the club to dance with his wayward wife was ludicrous. And yes, Cleveland is a black hole, but Mr. Football is still getting paid and has simply moved his hunting grounds to Cleveland. In this story his wife rolls out, fucks Mr. Football, Hubby files for a divorce, loses custody and generally gets screwed until the great turnaround. The Judge relents under pressure (highly unlikely and why didn't he get the house AND the kids?) and Mr. Football gets traded to the 49er's in northern California (remember the Raiders, the traitors, are in Las Vegas). So once again Mr. Football suffers no real issues as he'll get new endorsements deals out West. And richer hunting grounds. So while I like this ending better (the divorce was necessary) it's still not the perfect ending. Maybe someone else is working on a better ending? Thanks for this little upgrade to George's original failure. There was another story, earlier, in which a wife leaves the club with two black men, enthralled by their big cocks, but in that one, the husband divorces her and then later, with the help of friends, beats the black men up. No RAAC in that story. So we'll see if anyone else picks up this story and runs with it.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Now we have the definitive, and hopefully last version of this story. All four were deft in different ways, but this one ends the way it should. Nothing over the top, or unrealistic at all. Just a man married to a woman he loved that betrayed him terribly. He wouldn’t stand for it, and sent her packing. Even got his kids after going public with his story and crapping all over the cheating bitch’s reputation. Too bad they didn’t live in NC, as he could have gotten a nice payday from Marc. A certain Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle found that out the hard way a few years ago. Great finish Mr Hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not Exactly Scorched Earth

The whole theme in this story from the original probably more closely resembled real life. Divorce. Interesting twist on the Judge though. Wonder who got to him to change his mind? Why not scorched earth? His so called friends taking her side deserved pain. Especially Dee and Jane. One punch to Dave? Should have broken his face one dark and stormy night. LOLOL Nice job. Thanks for posting.

D_GREAT_KNIGHTMAIRED_GREAT_KNIGHTMAIREover 3 years ago

Well . . .

It's not very different from the many BTB stories in the LW section. And if we're going to talk about realism, the children, even though they're ok on the outside, are now quite f**ked up in the head and they need therapy to overcome it or else they'll end up being unstable in life. But that's just my opinion. Great work!

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

Very good, very different. I enjoyed the original story, I enjoyed HDK's version and I enjoyed this one. I hope there will be more versions to follow, this is quite interesting. 5*, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good job, as always!

And THAT’S an ending!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Well it's certainly better than wretched shit HDK and George Anderson put out. At least there is a little bit of an emotional reaction from the Husband in this version of the story which is a lot more then one can say about the other versions.

Does the wife have parents? What About the company or place where the wife works and what they think of all of this once the story came out in the newspapers?

The other woman in the group really got off Scot free except for a little bit of yelling at them.

Still this story doesn't deal with the main issue : the problem is at every time the husband tries to explain to the wife how vile ...Disrespectful... hurtful and humiliating her actions were In front of their friendsIn a public place .... wife cannot grasp or recognize what the problem is.

It seemed to me that every time my husband would tried to explain or communicate to his wife why her actions were Disrespectful hateful and emasculating... And the wife still doesn't get it.... That would make me extremely angry with each new failure by the wife to understand what she has done.

In fact it's even worse than that because the wife doesn't even recognize that there's reason why the husband Could be upset. She has no annoying to see what this looks like from the husband's perspective.

The story tells us that this was a good marriage up until the football player showed up . BUT the inability of the wife to even recognize that the husband Point of view is worth any consideration actually tells me that this is a dead marriage and it has been for some time

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Good take on the story! I would like someone to take a baseball bat to the NFL stud's knees and really end his career.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

February Sucks is probably one of the best stories to come out of LW this year, the main reason being the amount of time & effort invested into the scenario.

Granted, l didn’t agree with the original ending but nevertheless I gave it a strong 5* for effort & humanistic evaluation.

Having read two different alternative outcomes by prominent members, l can’t help but ask the motive behind the appeasement? Writers of your caliber should understand that there is no simple two page atonement. With all things said & done

The Redux’s thus far end up having the same value as my Anon comment!

Thanks for the read looking forward to your next post

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Very good. My only comment would be that since Linda was publicly exposed for her actions and as a cheater - no decent or good man would date her once the did a search for her. She may be attractive, but obviously she broke her marriage vows in a very public and embarrassing way and there is no guarantee that she would keep any future promises or vows. At best she would be a very risky friend with benefits because you don't know who else she's been with and she could have STDs, and she may be looking for something more permanent but how do you trust her? Not even an iron clad pre-nup with a pre-paid contract to a professional killer would guarantee her being a faithful and loving wife. Let her be a pariah and be ostracized where ever she lives and travels - may her life be unending disappointment, regret, and loneliness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
BOTH STORIES...

Have a point.

guyk1963guyk1963over 3 years ago

A fine twist, and seems a lot more likely, but that is simply an extension of character development. Let's face it...every story can be interpreted even though characters may have evolved from somewhere else. No doubt this sort of ending will appease the lurking beast, but any twist in such a well crafted storyline is a possible ending. Thanks to you, and certainly to GA for the creative juice from the start!

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
The Elegant Solution- A Paradigm Shift

In the original the MC didn't want his family broken up, and he was also worried about how the finances of the divorce would affect him and his children. But the problem is he felt immensely disrespected by his wife. He would always feel she had gotten one over him, and he had to swallow that. And that Marc would always be in the middle of their marriage.

There was an elegant solution to all of that. The uncle had the right idea. The escort should have never told him she was an escort and he should have gone off and spent the weekend with her, and Linda would be told that she was a paid escort. But even though he would physically be doing the same as Linda and she would feel the emotional pain to me that still doesn't balance the scales.

There needs to be more to balance the scales for her being the initiator of this whole thing. And for that I think he needs to have a short affair, real or otherwise, with either the escort or another woman. A few weeks, maybe up to a couple of months should do the trick. If Linda is unwilling to put up with it, then he has his answer that he should be unwilling to put up with what she did with Marc.

This would have balanced the scales. He could have held his head high. The relationship would have had a temporary excursion for the both for the both of them, but they can be on a new course. The family would be intact, finances good, etc, and they could possibly have even a stronger marriage.

The ending of the original was very unsatisfying, but this version was unsatisfying as well. The family was broken up which is not good for the kids. He suffered for at least two years, if not longer (who knows if he loves his new wife anywhere near what he loved Linda before that night). The woman he loves, the mother of his children, also suffers for a long time in this version (although likely many readers won't care about that). I like my solution better, and thus why it's the "elegant solution" in my not so humble opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good ending...

...Justicimo! All these claims of equality of the sexes until divorce rolls around and men get screwed (except in this case, although late). Please consider not using like as you did: "I went out on like three dates". I went out on perhaps three dates, or no more than three dates. Thanks for the redux!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

Another 5* take on what is sure to become a Literotica Loving Wives Classic. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Some how,

Honestly, if you take another's idea you need to add to it and make it way better, this is quite insipid, and expected better from you and the starting blurb you dished up, in erotic terms a small limp dick.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
The Wife Being Sorry

Lots of LW stories, including this one, make a huge deal about the wife only being sorry that she hurt her husband, but not particularly sorry that she fucked the other man.

Let me ask the readers this question. If you were highly attractive to women, and your wife was totally cool with you fucking other women, wouldn't you fuck other women when you got the chance? Is there something inherently wrong with fucking women other than your wife when you are married? Or the wrong is in the fact that it would be emotionally and psychologically painful for your wife?

I know for me the only reason I don't fuck all the women I find attractive enough (and have enough energy for), and who are attracted to me (I see you #metoo) is because it would cause my wife a great deal of pain, and I love her too much. I would also have to lie to her if I wanted to cover up my cheating and I hate lying.

So, if there was an especially beautiful young woman who came onto you at work regularly and you had an affair with her for a couple of months and had the best sex of your life, and felt totally alive like you hadn't for years, and your wife finds out and is devastated and wants to divorce you and break up the family, you'd regret fucking the other woman because of the consequences. If there were no consequences, why wouldn't you have wanted to feel that amazing thrill. There was nothing inherently wrong in wanting to experience that or enjoying the experience. You'd be sorry that you hurt your wife and damaged your marriage and family.

But in all these stories there is an insistence that the wife being sorry for hurting her husband and damaging her marriage and family is not enough. She has to feel bad about enjoying the fucking itself with the other man/men. And that goes into some weird male psychological thing that a woman should be incapable of enjoying sex with anyone besides us. As much as we'd like to believe that to be true, it's really not. I mean it's different in my case...

As far as the women I've been with, even though I realize that the sex they have had with other men pales in comparison to the nervana they felt with me, I'm enlightened enough to accept that they likely felt some minute, insignificant and incomparable degree of sexual satisfaction with other men. Ok, I don't really believe that's likely, but felt for the sake of humility I felt that was needed to be said.

jasonnhjasonnhover 3 years ago

"Entitled bitch" is exactly right. Both her and her friends all agreed she had the "right" to do this. As indicated, karma caught up with her. It was a bit too magical. A newspaper article about the unfairness of women always getting the kids in a divorce? How serendipitous. Yet, no worse than Jim taking the NFL stud apart with his Navy Seal skills.

It's amazing that, no matter how many times reality slaps herself in the face, that Linda STILL feels entitled to what she did and refuses to say she was wrong. She loses her husband, she is publicly embarrassed, she loses primary care of her kids, and STILL thinks she was right. We all probably know people like this but it is still stunning to see their mindlessness laid out.

OPrimeOPrimeover 3 years ago
Better

I still would have thrown her out of the house post haste.

Tootight1Tootight1over 3 years ago
good story

I'm going to go back and read the original shortly. It is a good story, even without the gory details, but I still would have loved to have had my pound of flesh. For all anyone knew, he may have fantasized about being a cuckold to his wife, or maybe they had talked about it in private. To put it out there, in public, in front of everyone, was the point too far. He really had no choice as to what to do, but she didn't care, so why should he.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Amusing. But I think we’ve all collectively decided that all versions of this story must end specifically with the punchline: “...traded to CLEVELAND”

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You could have ended the story with both miserable and alone and I would have cheered. You nailed all of the central issues, disrespect, entitlement, embarrassment. This story and the original is about the celebrity hall pass situation but ultimately (in my opinion) the who shouldn't matter. The wife could have snuck off with someone she just met and the result would be the same. She intentionally set out to disrespect, hurt and humiliate her husband. I know some will argue its a byproduct but it's really not. She didn't respect her husband and she believed she was deserved the night, hubby will need to get over it. No one should ever remain in a marriage with someone like that. As the husband in this version stated, a reevaluation is necessary. I will also add that none of his supposed friends respected him either. That is a group of seriously fucked up people.

Well done Hooked.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Not sure how Mr 1957 . . .

. . . managed to write one without the wife’s name being Traci.

The two attempts at rewrites followed the original too closely in one regard. Mr Anderson’s original had the other husbands in the group understanding what Linda did, when in the real world, just as in Mr Anderson’s original introduction, the men were appalled. I’m not one to do a rewrite on this, but why did none of the husbands side with Jim, forcefully, from the very beginning? We’re they all just glad Marc chose Linda and not their wives?

Midnight53Midnight53over 3 years ago
Still...!

She never really gets the feeling that she has done anything wrong..!

I definitely would have changed the locks before she got home next morning... and told her to find an other place to stay.....!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
Well done!

You took the story where it had to go. Anything shy of divorce is a wimp reaction and even then many readers feel there is not enough pain. Thanks for this version and for showing how most husbands would react. He had very few options. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I kinda wanna see a version where the NFL stars world come crashing down

Perbaps a certain uncurable std that he passed on to a certain married whore and her big mouth friend

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
you don't actually 'get it' johnap

She's NOT sorry she hurt her husband.

She's sorry he's being mean to her, she's sorry it's not going her way.

Since she never apologized for 'doing it', you equate that with the act of sex itself. Of course she enjoyed it. Most people do. But she NEVER felt sorry for doing it....KNOWING it would hurt her husband. His feelings do not matter to her. Her vows to him...do NOT matter to her. ANYTHING involving him, are second place....at best.

Love and marriage is about becoming one. And you enforce that with vows. By breaking her vows, she admitted that she never fully acknowledged her marriage to him, that she sees herself ABOVE him, and not as an equal partner. His input aren't valid. His feelings aren't valid. He is nothing more to her than a room mate with benefits, or a trophy. She does NOT love him. I hope you can understand that.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 3 years ago
Finally!

Finally an author who gave the husband a pair of balls! Bravo! 5*s.

I would love to see another story exploring the cheating slut wife's character. We never really get the full picture of why she strayed and we never really learn the full lifelong consequences of her betrayal. She never really expresses any remorse. For a complete BTB picture, I would love to read more on that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"I love you every bit as much as I ever have!" -I think I might have said this on at least one of the other versions, yeah, she loves him as much as she did when she cheated on him!

"three of the four endorsement deals LaValliere had were cancelled due to morals clauses," - THIS is where "morals clauses" ARE a real thing.

Actually, why didn't they get shared custody in the first place? Also, since she got the house because she had primary custody, shouldn't he get the house now that he has primary custody?

@enderlocke27, yes, as I think I've said on the other versions, I can't wrap my head around the "Celebrity Slut Ray" aspect, also the walking away from him, in front of their friends, on a special night! Would have worked better as a GNO thing.

Part of me wants to take on the challenge of doing my own version, but for me, it would require changing the whole situation, making it a totally different story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not yet

Better but not there yet. The NFL guy needs to feel pain

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

A much more realistic ending after the wife's cruel betrayal, but it was a strangely dispassionate version from Hooked1957.

Maybe if she'd been called Traci, you could have given her the fiery BtB that Linda deserved?

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 3 years ago

Not too overstruck on this version OK he divorced her. But using the kids as a weapon is not the act of a loving Father in any respect. If kids are involved they are always the victims, not the parents, never the parents they are fully aware of the consequences. Agreed she deserved to be divorced and did everything to invoke that. But in my opinion, the actions of the Father were far worse. What he did was not for the children but for revenge. As a child of divorced parents and the former wife of a cheating bastard I have seen it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it

Not as much drama as I would have preferred but how he handled it I think is reality. The newspaper article I doubt would happen but glad it did.

Wish she got some incurable but not fatal STD.

The new steady boyfriend of Linda's must be from another planet or basically is just out for a piece and has no intention of a long term exclusive relationship or marriage. I mean really, who would want her for anything other than sex (with a condom of course).

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Not just child custody.

Linda, with child custody, gets to live in the family home with Jim paying at least 50% of the mortgage. (Did she work???) At least until the youngest child reaches 18. Then normally the house is sold. If custody is reversed the parent with custody gets to live in the family home with the children. So slut wife would have to move out. Not how you described things.

You implied this was "darker" than the original. Not really. Except for the divorce. Nothing dark about that.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Realistic but still flawecd

This was a realistic version of the story -- perhaps the most realistic. I cannot believe that a wife would actually rub salt into her husband's wounds by admitting that the other guy was better sex, but that is a common trope and for the author to choose. But, the line the the judge "called my attorney and said that upon a judicial review brought about by new evidence in the case, he was reversing himself and awarding me primary custody," and then admitted that "the decision wasn't made by him alone," is so impossible as to be ridiculous. No judge would take such action and it certainly would have been judicial misconduct to do anything based on extra-judicial pressure.

Authors ought to stick to topics about which they have at least some knowledge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Much better

sorry but the original sucked.. you don't recoconcile with a untrustworthy slut who spreads her legs for someone thinking she's entitled.. nope off you go little whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This one leaves a better taste in my mouth

this is much closer to how real life, a real man would handle such a situation. Now I doubt this type of drama has actually happened but stories should reflect people's natural reaction to such an event.

G.A.'s did not run even close to true. His story lacks reality. If this wife was truly that delusional to think she could do what she did without repercussions, then that type of behavior would have been evident for years prior.

At least in this story the wronged husband reacted like most would have.

Now I'm waiting for the next version to come out where Mr. Football gets knee capped or where the husband actually has a one nighter with a swim suit model just to show the delusional wife how it feels. Then the reconcile and live happily ever after.

Shackman636Shackman636over 3 years ago
Getting Better

Thank you Hooked1957 for moving the direction towards the burn. However there was still no actual justice or revenge. I would love to see someone run with this in that direction. Just my 2 cents

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So little reality.

I realize this is supposed to be fiction, but really? Have any of you been in this world recently? First, she would not loose custody. She does own her body, she can do with it what she wants. I can not believe for a minute that any city who has a pro football team would not have a culture which would not only accept her behavior but would not support it. I one or two possible exceptions in the south but that is it. I asked the mrs to read this, she works at a Fortune 100 and she is certain that such a wife "scoring" a major slice of "beef cake" would be a hero in her office, any man who called her a slut would be tarred and feathered, long take and sensitivity training then fired in 6-9 months.

moralcompassmoralcompassover 3 years ago

Johnadp I think you have got it wrong.

I don’t think the wronged husband is expecting the errant wife to be sorry for the sex. I expect he is looking for an apology for the disrespect. We all know no matter how good we are at something, it could be sex, football or tiddlywinks there is going to be someone out there who is better. Sure, it hurt him to know she was fucked better that he could ever perform. He should never have had to learn this lesson. Her wilful betrayal and flagrant disrespect of a man she said to love, along with the contempt she showed for her marriage vows knowing full well the response she would receive from her husband makes her totally disgusting.

I think with this version of the ending we are starting to get a little closer to a truer finality than the original or other alternatives I’ve so far read.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago

Nice job, Mr. Hooked

I've enjoyed all the versions, but this is my fav. Other versions dealt with the 'friends' as well as the wife, which I liked, but your ending makes sense. Is justice served? There is no justice for all in the cheating world. Thanks for sharing your talents. 5*, of course.

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
More likely outcome

This version reveals the main reason why divorce is probably the most likely outcome. How does one decide to stay with the person who could do this? Kids, history, whatever, even if one could forgive the betrayal, how would one reconcile in one's head that they are choosing to stay with someone that thought this surprise abandonment and betrayal was so easily forgivable? Wife knows she's going to hurt and humiliate her husband, in the worst way possible, and does it anyway. Saying she'd never do it again is meaningless; she's already proven herself that type person. The loving connection based on putting the other first would be forever broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

the bitch got what she deserved only to bad that she didn't get burnt a little worse what did her family think of her now that they know she is a whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

why not just write a completely new story?

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

This version finally hits on the point that Linda broke the special trust between a married couple - she willfully CHEATED and found no real issue about the deed. She willfully humiliated, embarrassed, and socially neutered her husband in public in front of their closes friends for a one-night stand. With friends like that who needs enemies.

/

This version of the story remains a highly dubious fantasy for victim justice; as the newspaper story was the pivotal justice point to this version (a very rare honorable act by our media); the newspaper story was to be an "article about how most custody battles were won by wives" but once a NFL celebrity was uncovered the story morphed into a specific condemnation of an NFL players morality and the courts (good for Jim, bad for Linda, and worse for Marc/stud). But Mr. NFL got away cheap to do the same to more married wives - this is where the story looses a point. Marc needs to become a eunuch for the good of our married society.

/

Many readers will still blame this on Jim that could not overcome the hit to his ego, pride, manhood; but only slightly was it mentioned in any in this versions the MORALITY of this act nor the cause-n-affect that should follow. This story serendipitously addresses morals and to that fact this fantasy gets the Court to finally right a gross wrong allowing two kids to grow up in a moral environment. Which Linda did not seem to argue against.

/

A point that was not driven home enough in all versions is - just who are your friends? The enablers of Linda's amoral act? The associations with morally corrupt friends, especially Dee. I'm just glad Jim cut them ALL loose to insure no improper influences are put upon his kids via these adults or their potentially misguided offspring.

/

4*, Hooyah, salute....

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

Overall, this was a good story, but you got very light on detail & depth towards the end. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best of the lot

The point that seems to elude our resident stud muffin - John ADP below - is that the apology for choosing to be an adulteress (i.e. being sorry for doing it) goes to the moral issue of breaking her vows and betraying her husband and children. If she has no remorse for the betrayal itself, then there should never be the possibility of reconciliation.

Although I know I'm making a futile gesture by trying to inform authors, but in my practice, and in the practices of the many family law lawyers I know (including other jurisdictions) and from journal articles, the main reason the wife gets primary custody is that the father doesn't ask for or fight for custody. If a parent is upright (no drug abuse, employed, no criminal record) and wants more than visitation, awarding joint custody is common.

I'm sure that the main criticism of this version will be that the "Linda" character has changed. The truth is, a key flaw of the original was that "Linda" was written very inconsistently to push an essentially non-credible, incoherent plot. Hooked has just picked the "entitled bitch" strand of "Linda" as originally written.

The judge reversing himself was fantasy, but one can always dream. I do wish Hooked had made this longer and allowed more of the conflict inherent in the story to be elaborated. Still, I'll give this a Lit 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finally, something sensible

Sure, you went off the deep end with the article and everything, but, honestly, this is the only version that makes SENSE to me!

How in the flying fuck is the husband supposed to accept his wife's cheating just because the man she fucks is famous? Seriously, the argument would never work if the roles were reversed and everyone knows it. The woman would just claim it's WORSE than just cheating on her because the famous woman is clearly better than her in every way.

Anyone who thinks a reconciliation is possible after this blatant of a betrayal really needs to reexamine their priorities in life.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 3 years ago

Full marks for the realistic take on an otherwise full on Martian slut ray story.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jonadap tried to say something.

Not sure what.

But to reconcile with a woman that strays.

And make it successful.

She needs to own the wrong she did in thought, word, intent and deed.

Along with the hurt she did to those she supposedly loved.

A very tall order.

Be it for male or female.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I do believe the turd has a little shine on it!

Good luck to Linda's new paramour, she never thought it was wrong. She was entitled to have her cake and eat it... so she thought.

Given how much change Father's for Justice has started here, I can't see a judge turning around like that, but really would hope in reality sense would prevail and it would start as joint custody.

All we now is a total scorched earth BTB and George will have started a full set.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Yes. 5*****

I'm finding the original and the sequels to all be exceptional in their own way. I love the idea of payback that is legal and effective like this story. Holding up a mirror to the cheater and getting the verdict from others seems like an excellent revenge and it might even be constructive. Great job! I enjoyed it.

I have to say that the premise of the story with the wife going off with another man in front of friends gets my anger going just reading it. It's a very effective premise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Need a husband

To go all Rambo on the NFL dickhead . And destroy the wife in an epic way . Any takers ?

This was okish . Gave it a 3 stars . Expected much more from you . Was happy to see you had one today. But was not up to snuff

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Pretty good

She and her friend needed more pain

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A missed opportunity

I felt that the original story missed a trick

The preface to GA’s story, and then the actions of Dee and Jane in facilitating Linda’s betrayal, opened up innumerable possibilities for a confrontation between Jim and the rest of the group, both at the club and in the aftermath of the that night

Hooked started down this road with this redux, but didn’t really allow a scene to develop - and rather than punishing Dee, her husband Dave ended up on the wrong end of Jim’s ire

For me whilst this is another fun take on GA’s excellent story, this simply isn’t in the class of some of Hooked other stories

VdB

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
My favorite version

I’m definitely not opposed to reconciliation stories (obviously), but in all the versions she never seems to regret the sex - like the fact it was so fantastic justified her cheating. I can’t buy a marriage really working after that. For how the story was set up, this one just works better for me.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

My favorite version! After your pleading for the original, I may go back, reread, and reevaluate my score of 3 stars. But I hated the GA original ending, especially given the real life intro.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Closer

This was a much better ending to me. I still however don't feel a sense of balancing the scale. The mere thought of her leaving with Marc and returning this next morning ready to resume her life galls me. This was a good story, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Cheaters cheat because they feel entitled.

So, male or female if you want a marriage partner that's OK with you having sex with other people from time to time then make damn sure you find a partner who's OK with that. Have those conversations BEFORE you marry and in fact you might want to include the details in a prenuptial agreement just so all parties know what they're signing on to.

Otherwise the implied contract of marriage is that you will be monogamous and sex will be limited to the martial partners. If down the line if any of the two partners no longer feel they can no longer remain monogamous in the relationship then renegotiate the marriage agreement. If both partners cannot agree with the purposed change in the relationship then its time to end the relationship.

Don't be a cheater and don't be a chump.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

This is the real end to that sad story. I was disgusted by the original ending, no man alive could put up with and ignore the massive disrespect from the entitled woman. Mr Anderson’s ending was just so unreal, bullshit in fact. It stuck in my craw bigtime.

I thank you for taking the time to set the record straight in this tale. It needed change and you did it brilliantly.

Thank you!!!!

Scores 5/5

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

while I don't hate reconciliation stories I am really glad to see a BTB ending to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ultimate result may be more realistic, and certainly more satisfying to many ...

butt the path you took to get there isn't particularly interesting or involving. There's very little insight into the characters, no emotional arc other than a bit of lip-service.

Again, this is likely more what would happen in the real world, but the real world usually doesn't make for a compelling story - and that's the case here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Impotent efforts by MC and author

GA's original story, an impressive demonstration of his skill, was powerful but painful. The actions of the wife and the football stud were atrocious and the husband's acceptance of their joint atrocity against him and his children was infuriating. I appreciate the efforts, including this one, that have been made to write an alternate ending with a more just outcome.

Unfortunately, this ending does little to improve the bitter taste left by the original. Here the husband rightly refuses to accept the wife's disrespect, betrayal and half-hearted apologies and thus files for divorce seeking primary custody of his children. That, however, is the entirety of the actions he takes on his own initiative. He accepts the custody ruling without complaint or appeal. He pursues no retribution against his wife, her paramour or those who facilitated the wife's betrayal. He happens into a second marriage after the court returns his children but there is no evidence of passion in that relationship. The newspaper reporter is the driving force behind what small measures of justice take place in this version. In fact, the unattractive passivity of this MC actually offers interesting insight into the wife's easily aroused lust for a more assertive and virile male lover.

Hooked1957 is a talented author in his own right and I have enjoyed many of his stories. Unfortunately, this is far from his best effort. An alternate version of GA's original work deserved more than Hooked1957 offers us here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How can you make a person like this understand

I suppose the issue I have with stories like these, is that at no point does the wife really understand what she did and why it was a marriage ending mistake. The wife was so self centered that two years later she still blamed the husband for the divorce. That level of narcissistic behavior is almost sociopathic. I wonder if the only way that she could understand what she did is if she came home and saw a woman leaving his bed. Maybe some author could write that story, or a story that somehow breaks through the woman's selfishness and really holds a mirror up to her actions so she actually feels remorse and understand why she has destroyed a happy marriage. I think that would be more satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finally

This is a better ending for the dam slut bitch. Thanks for the redux.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

one of the best stories of the year. 5* still a weak ending :0( A story is never complete when you lose track of the cheating ex-wife. For it to be complete, you need to know what happens to her as well. You don't have to have her maimed lol, just not have her prosper. This was the best of the series so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Solid 5*

As usual Hooked strikes again. I might have liked a little more doom to rain down on Marc, but well done! Linda did not ever understand that her actions proved her ultimate contemptuous disregard and betrayal of him.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

While you achieved the BTB aspect of this story pretty well I think George Anderson better captured Linda's slow realization of what she had done to Jim. None of the versions ever addressed Linda waking up with Marc feeling the guilt over the actual betrayal of her husband. This story is like Richard Geralds "Another Love" story where there are no good endings because the actual cheating is so bad.

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Thank you for this ending!!!

I recognized that George Anderson's story was brilliant (scored it with a 5) but I just hated the ending.

I prefer your ending, but I'm still troubled by the original tale. I can't believe that everyone would abandon the family for the "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

How the original story really caught people's imaginations.

This one does seem to add.

I'm kinda curious if anyone will take this up and address that elephant in the room, her narcissism. It's the only thing I can think of that would leave her unremorseful. And, while we've seen regret, nobody gives her remorse. How did she manage to hide it all of those years?

And maybe an explanation of the friends. I don't know anyone like these people, but the authors all seem so matter of fact about their behavior as if it's normal. I don't think it is. There's probably a pretty interesting if dark story there, too

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I know your story was just trying to balance out the cuckholdery with the husband of the original story but it really just came off cringey. It's like you took all the negative comments from the original writing and built a story out of those comments. Instead of just the guy dumping his wife and moving on you really had to rip into it and make it out so that he came out the true winner. Taking jabs at how shitty her life became and how good his got. It's okay to be pissed off that a story doesn't go your way but boy this story was written out of anger and spite.

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956over 3 years ago

So the children's world is turned upside down twice. And everyone knows why. There is no way to fix this story.

Regguy69Regguy69over 3 years ago
Much Better

This is a much better ending. The newspaper article thing seems a bit unlikely, but not beyond belief.

To Johnadp, She should be sorry for breaking her vows. Theirs was not an “open” marriage, she cheated, period. That is why so many authors want the cheater be sorry for what they’ve done. If the cheater is just sorry they have caused their partner pain, but not for their actions, they will likely just be more careful when they cheat again. When a spouse is truly repentant for having broken their vows one time, a reconciliation is p, at least, a slim possibility, otherwise NFW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nicely Done

This is the other side of the coin the characters. Both your ending and GeorgeAnderson's are completely logical and believable. The feelings and attitudes and actions of the characters after the event are different in each version. Given those differences both endings work.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Still seems unsatisfying, so she was left, so what? Hardly a punishment, hardly an embarrassment, why no retribution?

Personally, with kids that young I'd stay married and just ignore the whore and fuck all her friends since none of the sluts seem to thing cheating is a big deal

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Decent redux of a great story in much need of an ending rewrite. Only issue I take is your intro mentioned that many readers "downgraded" their rating, inappropriately so. Given that there have been now 3 attempts to rewrite the ending, I would argue it was rated appropriately. The original author did a remarkable job sucking us into the story, but there were some serious plot gaps I could never get past. The whole evening was built on a "special night" between the husband and wife. All the narrative leading up to her leaving was aimed at a committed, loving wife. It simply isn't feasible/realistic that a person like that would do what she did - ain't gonna happen. As much as my adrenalin flowed reading it, I always dock authors here if their characters diverge from any possible human behavior. Just my 2 cents...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved the story by GA

@ Johnson -I was focused on the same thought, but I have a totally different take. While the wife may not feel bad for the actual event at first, she needs to come to hate the act itself for all the pain it is causing her husband. In order for there to be a reconciliation she has to come to hate the act. I say this because, let’s say 5 years later, the husband and wife enjoying a evening reading, or relaxing outside just being together. The husband looks at the wife and she has a far away look and a little smile on her face. As the husband I would immediately think that she is reliving her night with the famous football player. That would bring up the disrespect, the hurt, the feelings of a inadequacy, the feeling of impotency of not even having a chance to stop it. The wife could just be thinking about the daughters dance recital or something else innocent. But the husband wouldn’t know that and will still have all those negative feelings. That’s why the wife must hate the act itself and convince the husband that she feels that way, or in the end the marriage won’t make it. Unless the husband has no self respect, but I don’t see the husband as having no self respect, at least in the beginning of the story. It could be argued that he doesn’t at the end of the story.

By the way, the level of disrespect is outrageous. It rivals the wife who n “another love”. The husband and wife are basically having hours and hours of foreplay, maybe, probably even days of foreplay and then she takes all that sexual energy and gives it to another man in one of the most humiliating ways possible. I don’t see them coming back from that. I just don’t. Doesn’t have to be a big BTB, just a parting of ways.

Elad

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm not sure why you wrote this story.

GA's story wasn't a story that ended with a recocilation, the reconciliation WAS the story. Reading how a recocilation happens after the events he described was the entire point. You rewrote the ending to be the same kind of ending you've already written multiple times. The only reason I can see to rework this story is to have a different scenario for reconciation to happen, if an author finds the original circumstances inadequate. That's what HDK did, and that's why I consider his to be the best sequel.

JayDiverJayDiverover 3 years ago

MODERN TIMES.

I think he should have charged them with attempted murder. All three of these stories have dealt with the emotions of whether she's sorry or not, of the amount of disrespect, how it affected the children's lives, etc. etc.

They all miss an important point, I think. In our modern times she, in effect, was playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun to HIS temple.

Some famous NBA players admittedly had sex with over 1000 women each. Magic Johnson, was one. He died of AIDS, I wonder how many women and husbands he infected and killed. The woman in this story... didn't care. The second sad part of that equation is the same in this story. Magic Johnson might have died of AIDS, but he died wealthy and a highly respected athlete. Regardless of the numbers he infected or killed with his disease. That's a sad commentary on the ethics of our nation's morality.

I liked your story better than the others and voted five, thanks for the story and your effort writing it.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Better, but to much revenge in my opinion. It was a one off and most likely would never happen again. So were I disagree is when he takes custody of the kids and destroyed the wife. He still loved her and her him, so after a year or so he should have, with a lot if counseling, got back together. Now if I was writing it I would have had him rub her nose in his new “girlfriends”. But if she apologized for doing it which in this story she seems to not have that should have been enough to work things out. A new marriage with a prenup between them would reset the clock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Johnadp

As far as the women I've been with, even though I realize that the sex they have had with other men pales in comparison to the nervana they felt with me, I'm enlightened enough to accept that they likely felt some minute, insignificant and incomparable degree of sexual satisfaction with other men.

Into yourself a little John? I might have thought ok of you until you had yo show your true colors...Braggers are usually Liars or a fools fool..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Friends?

I would have liked for the friends who have a part in this deception read a couple of lines naming "The Friends" who aided and abetted so they may feel a little of the retribution and be outed as horrible people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Johnadp -- remorse and contrition

You don't seem to understand the importance of remorse and contrition in a loving relationship. It's extremely difficult to trust someone in the future when they have deliberately inflicted intense pain and hurt and don't seem to care that they did (much less attempt to show some measure of repentance).

To better illustrate, let's use something other than sex as the harm. Let's say mom takes all the money in her kids' college accounts and blows it by partying in Vegas til it is gone. When her kids learn she has destroyed their dreams of college, they are perhaps a tad unhappy and upset. Mom (being of the same type who wouldn't be sorry she wrecked her marriage because the sex was enjoyable) tells the kids she wishes they weren't so upset. She feels no remorse about squandering the money and wrecking their college dreams. Heck, the party was awesome! She just doesn't like her kids being unhappy and is sorry they are. Just like she'd be sorry if they hurt themselves falling off a bike. It's just too bad the kids don't seem to appreciate how much she enjoyed the party in Vegas. If they really loved their mom, they'd be happy for her that she got to have an experience of a lifetime she'll get to cherish forever!

Vegas mom would be an incredibly selfish bitch. Like the wife in "February Sucks." Cold, callous, cruel, selfish and unloving is no way to go through life. [And no one to be married to.]

Simple point -- loving people don't knowingly inflict intense pain and harm on those they supposedly love. If they do for some reason and their loved ones communicate how painful and harmful their actions were, loving people accept responsibility for the acts and regret them -- not just that the victims got upset.

Loving people don't say (or think): "Yeah, I wrecked you and our marriage because of some great sex. Wish it didn't upset you. Sorry you feel bad, but not sorry I did it." If they do, they aren't loving and probably never were.

Knoxhard

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Another One?

I am not sure this version added much. I guess there was no reconciliation. The wife was not pounded (figuratively) enough over her head to regret her actions. That is necessary whether BTB or RAAC. Not enough conversation in this version after the cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Executive Breakfast...

...best line in the story.

luedonluedonover 3 years ago
Well said, JohnAdp

I appreciated your dose of logic; something of a rarity on the pages of Loving Wives commentaries.

Lue

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Something is missing.

Everyone who wants to rehash George Anderson story forgets that Marc tried to get Linda to leave Jim for him. No one has addressed it. I guess maybe because she would have ended up on the better end of the situation. Maybe it's just selective recall. This version is kind of simplistic. There's too much about the animosity and not enough about the emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
re: The Wife Being Sorry

One of the biggest issues with what you say is the site making a category called Loving Wives, not something such as Adultery or Cheating. How about Loving Husbands?

<P>

By choosing that title, the site puts all of the onus on the wife. The husband can fuck anyone he wants, but every wife can fuck only her husband. Even swinging is often considered cuckold, regardless of how much pussy the husband got.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 3 years ago
MUCH better, thank you.

I wish we had gotten a bit more on the cheater's collision with the karma train, but it was a good exercise.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 3 years ago
5 *

great story that was written by a very good writer

after reading all the comments i say to all the negative commenters

WRITE YOUR OWN STORIES

let us tell you that you are worth shit

personally i hate cheaters they are the scum of the earth

they think of themselves and damn be the rest of the world

family court has become a farce just as the blindfolded statue holding a balance

there is no balance of justice

man cheats wife gets everything including the kids

woman cheats she still gets everything and the kids

so reading a story where the cheater suffers i m all for it

hooked1957 keep writing and we the good people will keep reading

5* 100 hardons and a tiny orgasm

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just three stars ⭐️

Hey, Hooked, your effort was good writing but you did not improve upon GAs work. What GA did, that you didn’t, was give us a big dose of the husband’s angst, disbelief, and difficulty reconciling what had occurred. You just pulled the plug. I know you lean towards BTB stories, but emotionally, RAAC has much more impact. Thanks for your take on this touchy subject.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 3 years ago

Read all 3 variants. Loved them all. Refuse to pick a favorite. :)

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Not Getting It

The wife in this story never understood nor attempted to understand why her husband was so upset by her spending a night and the next morning fucking another man. She deserved everything that happened to her and then some.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous