Feelings of Inadequacy: Minh Rose Ch. 02

Story Info
Chapter 2 of the story: "FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY: MINH ROSE"
1.4k words
4.25
6.2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

None if the options really made any sense to Minh, though she had to admit she became intrigued by the first option. Assuming it had something to do with her family, not to mention she was still under the impression that this was still a prank brought on by one of her former colleagues. "What could they possibly know about my family?" Minh was a very private person and didn't willingly give up information about herself or her family easily, not even to her husband. Needless to say, she became quite curious as to just how much they actually knew about her family and thus ended up selecting the "apple option".

"You have selected _The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. _Data regarding your heritage and family tree has been acquired and is currently being uploaded to the system. Please note that all information acquired is one hundred percent correct. Some information may or may not be equally as flattering."

"A hundred percent my ass, no way would those idiots acquire a perfect record of my family just for a dumb stunt like this" Minh murmured to herself as she clicked to continue.

"Following this message you'll be presented a list of ancestors and related family, of which you're expected to select two primary relatives that'll affect your day to day married life".

David Chestnut (Father)

Bian Chestnut (Mother)

Clifford Chestnut (Grandfather-fathers side)

Edith Chestnut (Grandmother-fathers side)

Dung Phan (Grandmother-mothers side)

Chinh Phan (Grandfather-mothers side)

Minh was actually taken aback somewhat by the lest before her. She recognized Clifford and Edith, as well as both her parents. Dung and Chinh on the other hand were completely foreign to her. They may or may not be real, she really wouldn't know. Her mother was very..secretive about her own parents and never actually mentioned them. Whenever Minh would try to ask about them her mom would quickly try to change the subject or remove herself from the situation all together. Not really sure who to select at this point she picked her easy going laid back father, David and Dung, her alleged grandmother. She was on the fence about picking both her parents but REALLY wanted to see just what kind of persona they'd fabricated for her grandmother who she herself knew nothing about.

"David Chestnut" and "Dung Phan" selected as primary sources. Please wait a moment as we upload profiles to the cloud and follow the steps listed on the text we just sent you. Didn't receive a text? Click here to receive another one".

Just as she'd finished reading that last part a notification popped on her phone. A text with steps to download an app. Now she was becoming a tad sceptical. This could be an elaborate ploy to bug her phone and find dirt on her which could get her fired. Then again, she didn't actually have ANYTHING on this particular phone as she'd just gotten it today to use as a work phone for her new position.

"To hell with it, if it turns out to be a virus or something I can always just get another one, I'm top dog now anyways". Feeling a bit triumphant today Minh wouldn't otherwise go along with such a risk. She followed the steps, which in truth was just clicking on a link attached to the text and clicking download, pretty simple stuff.

Once downloaded and installed the app automatically opened.

"It's the first day of your new life! Please select up to two non-overlapping main traits from each of your selected subjects. These main traits will become the foundation of your life moving forwards. Any time you're presented with life altering options they options you receive will be heavily influenced by the chosen traits".

David Chestnut:

Profession

Genetics

Intelligence

Agreeableness

Dung Phan:

Profession

Genetics

Intelligence

Agreeableness

"Not a very elaborate list. I'd rather NOT have too much of my dads genetics given how it's probably his fault I need glasses. Becoming a carpenter doesn't sound too glamorous either. But I don't know ANYTHING about my grandmother either. I also don't like how NONE of my fathers traits are his good ones. He's an uneducated carpenter for a reason, and he is VERY agreeable not to mention gullible. Gah, whatever. It's not like any of this is real anyways".

David Chestnut:

Profession

Genetics

Intelligence*

Agreeableness*

Dung Phan:

Profession*

Genetics*

Intelligence

Agreeableness

"Thank you for your input. Following today you will receive a similar list with different options from each of your chosen ancestors daily. Should you fail to select over the course of a day four options will randomly be assigned instead".

"..Right. Well, that's enough of that". Minh had reached the bottom of yet another glass and figured it was about time she headed home. She threw on her robe and walked out of her office and towards the elevators. Waiting for the elevator to arrive she looked at the congratulatory message she'd received from Clark a few hours earlier. No matter how distant they became he still made the effort to be part of her daily life, something which she really didn't appreciate enough. Her plans to respond were quickly disrupted as the familiar pling from the elevator sounded. She put away her phone and stepped inside, selecting the ground floor. She'd had way too much to drink to drive herself home and instead opted for a cab. The elevator ride down was longer than she was used to, having been promoted to the top floor which was some fifty floors further up than her previous position.

Passing the sixtieth floor and continuing down she didn't anticipate there being anyone else in the offices at this hour. At floor 56 however a cleaner entered the elevator and left again on floor 55, presumably just doing her rounds. As a means to pass time and also trying to look somewhat presentable should she meet anyone else on her way home Minh made an effort to touch up her hair. Not one to use makeup fortunately there was no work to be done in that department. Her lack of makeup did however make it all too apparent that she looked unquestionably more like her..mother?

There was no doubt about it! Her complexion seemed to be a ever so slightly more olive than usual. Her eyes also looked as though they were a tad more slanted. And that was just from looking at her face. Minh couldn't help but feel she felt smaller too. Not just height wise either, she felt more petite all around. One of the perks of having mixed heritage was how she got the figure of a traditional American woman but the exotic look of an eastern Asian. That was pretty much all gone now.

Now she looked nearly exclusively Vietnamese.

"What in the.. was that app legitimate then? No way. no no no no! Oh no, What else did I put in? Something about my dads intelligence and and his what, agreeableness?" Shivers went down her back. No matter how smart or stupid her father was it meant little to nothing compared to the consequences her grandmothers profession could have on her life. Everything she'd worked for, all the sacrifices she'd made could go down the drain. The worst part however was not knowing. She knew nothing about her grandmother! If simply selecting her grandma's genetics could change her looks this much just what would her profession do to her?

Stumbling out of the elevator Minh notices just how much of a lightweight she really was in terms of drinking. She brought up her phone and dialed for a cab. As she sat outside the building, waiting, she realized she probably should've called for a taxi before leaving her office. Though it was early spring it was rather cold with heavy winds and light rain. While she sat there her thoughts were mainly occupied by her grandmother. If she'd known it wasn't a hoax she never would've selected such an unknown. This was quickly turning into a catastrophe and she had no idea of where it was headed.

After what felt like an eternity the taxi finally turned up. Without realizing it Minh got into the passenger seat rather than the back which she never did. She looked over at the cab driver, an Indian. She told him her address and left him to do his job, not humoring his attempts at small talk.