Feverish

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit, shit, shit!" Hannah screamed, slamming a fist to the desk.

"What's going on?" Nine Pines enquired, befuddled.

"Maggie is loose down there and she's already gotten to Dr Singh..."

"Dr Phelps came out ten minutes ago..." Trent called from the intercom.

"Computer, place Dr Phelps." Nine Pines ordered as Hannah struggled to access the computer.

"Dr Phelps is nowhere."

"Lewis has control of the systems. They're all invisible to the computer." Hannah informed him, panic in her tone. " Computer, where is Elevator One?"

"Elevator One is nearing HS 1."

Hannah's frantic efforts multiplied, her hands a blur. This motherfucking virus could not be allowed to spread.

"Yes!!" She crowed as the screen flashed green.

"Computer, lockdown, lockdown!"

The second seemed to pass interminably.

A siren's shrill alarm began to sound on every level of the facility. Hannah killed it, already on her feet.

"Lockdown complete." The computer said evenly.

"Come on!" Hannah yelled to Nine Pines, sprinting for the lift.

"What about Trent? You can't just leave him there!" Her guard argued.

"Everything has just gone x-rated Michael Crichton. Chalk Trent up as a casualty and move on." Hannah said, coldly rational.

+++++++++++++++++++

* Day 216 20: 37 hours*

Hannah hugged her knees, huddled in an armchair in the rec room.

Her head was full of the obscene words Dr Phelps had issued upon her capture. Her dignity and poise replaced with deranged lust.

Hannah's friend had been a ball of violent energy as they locked her under house arrest, calling for Hannah and Nine Pines to service her, to abuse her most vilely.

Hannah was horrified that a woman who prided herself in her intellect had been reduced to such a sorry creature. She was also guilt ridden about leaving one of the men in her command behind. All the adrenaline of the last thirty minutes was gone, leaving Hannah tired and tearful.

Craig Lockhart was the first of the remaining staff to join Hannah and Nine Pines in the rec room. The others came in shortly after.

Dr Schroeder sauntered in last.

"Are they all infected?" She asked the two security people.

Hannah made no sign of having heard the question but Nine Pines shrugged.

"The computers have shut us out so we can't see what's happening down there. Dr Phelps was definitely altered when we caught her." He posited, trying to stay professional.

"How did you lockdown without the computer?" Lockhart probed.

"Only Mrs Ryder and I can activate lockdown and Lewis couldn't override that command." Dr Schroeder clarified.

Hannah's bleary face looked up and the group looked back.

"They weren't trying to escape. They want to stay here....they want us to stay here and I locked us in...." Hannah croaked, sending chills down the collective spines present.

"Well open the doors and let us out!" Ella said, brimming with hysteria.

Russell put his arm around her.

"The doors can only be opened by the auxiliary control above ground." He told her sympathetically.

"The phone lines are down!" Craig thought out loud, adding to the panic.

"When the company notices that we've gone dark they will send rescue." Dr Schroeder shouted. " Until that time we must keep our heads."

"How did this happen? How could something like this happen?" Ella Goode whispered.

"I never factored a contingency for a medical outbreak..." Hannah started to explain.

"Why not?! Your husband's a fucking doctor! Your complacency has got us all fucking stuck here!" Ella Goode ranted in Hannah's contrite face.

His wife looked at Russell for support but he said nothing, just raised an eyebrow. A tiny spiteful part of him wanted Hannah to know how it felt when people lost trust in you.

She looked away, broken. She had nothing left to say, no excuses to make or justifications to offer. Hannah slunk off to a far corner, desolate.

Dr Schroeder saw that the fight was over and, with Greta, exited the rec room.

+++++++++++++++++

The first night past uncomfortably. No one slept at all, and no one spoke.

No one had wanted to return to their quarters so they paced and thought about anything other than what could be happening under their feet.

"Craig, will you come with me to get a blanket?" Ella asked in a hushed tone.

"It's getting cold because they've turned off the environmental systems. We're basically in a huge concrete box, underground and we're losing heat rapidly." He said clearly, so everyone could hear him. " Blankets for everyone might be a good idea."

They all went off and hunted for blankets.

"What if they turn off the lights? We could all go mad in the dark." Russell whispered to Nine Pines, who he'd buddied up with, leaving Hannah to join Craig and Ella.

"They turn off the light? There's nothing we can do except use flashlights. We'll grab some before we head back." Nine Pines said resolutely.

+++++++++++++++++++++

* Day 217 21: 14 hours*

The second night saw the group diminish by one. Ella had taken up a lonely post in front of the shuttered main doors. She rocked back and forth as she waited for the cavalry.

She couldn't be persuaded out of her vigil by anyone.

Her mental state was the subject of muted discussion back in the rec room but no one knew to suggest.

Of Dr Schroeder there was no sign. When questioned on her brief forays out, Greta would only answer that Dr Schroeder was working and couldn't be disturbed.

+++++++++++++++++

* Day 218 05: 35 hours*

The second morning after Lockdown dawned artificially with the sound of birds as always.

Their song was soon substituted by the harsh and guttural cries of violent sex. The psychological torture was only ended when Hannah smashed all the speakers on every floor.

She returned looking dishevelled but satisfied.

Lockhart sought refuge in the gym and Nine Pines began to play solitaire in a corner.

Hours passed.

Russell sat down next to his wife.

"Han, I'm sorry for everything." He told her, the words sincere.

"Me, too." She replied as a tear fell down her cheek.

They hugged, neither wanting to leave the shelter of the embrace.

"Russell...help should have been here by now..."

"I know." Russell answered. Everyone knew it but so far the ramifications had not been faced.

"I need to go down there, to Lewis' terminal. If Craig can restore our codes we can use the coms to call out..."

"Is this because of what Ella said? No one is blaming you." Russell promised.

Hannah shook her head sorrowfully and went to talk to Nine Pines and Lockhart.

++++++++++++++++++++

* Day 218 20: 00 hours*

"Are you sure about this?" Russell asked, watching his wife distribute tranq guns from the weapons locker. "You're outnumbered eight to three."

"Honey, it's night. With luck they're all sleeping; they must sleep sometime, right? And all the living space is on Nine and Ten, meaning that Six will probably be clear."

Russell wished he could share Hannah's optimism.

"I've rigged the elevator so our descent won't be given away." Lockhart shared with them. He looked grim. He was an engineer and the thought of an armed assault deep below ground against former friends was something he had never imagined.

"Sure you won't let me come with you?" Russell asked, desperate to even the numbers a little.

Hannah pulled Russell aside.

"I'm only taking Craig because he need him once we get there. I don't want someone else who hasn't even held a gun before."

She looked as if her mind was made up so Russell gave up. There was no talking to Hannah when her heart was set on something. That determination was what made her a good security officer but Russell disliked it when she hardened like this.

"Come back to me." He sighed to himself as Hannah and the men walked through the 'airlock' and towards the elevators.

He watched as they disappeared.

++++++++++++++++++

The door slid open and Hannah and Nine Pines crouched low to survey the space before them. Lewis' computer lay at the far end of the corridor but they had to make careful progress, clearing every room they passed.

Everything looked completely normal; empty, quiet but normal.

Nine Pines took up a post at the door, which allowed him a good vantage point of the elevators.

Craig sat at Lewis' desk nervously.

"Well?" Hannah breathed as Lockhart began tapping away.

"All the subroutines have been routed here, all right. It's not even password protected." He rubbed his chin, thoughtfully. "I need an hour to undo everything."

Hannah nodded once and crouched beside him as he worked.

++++++++++++++

"Ma'am." Nine Pines summoned her. " Elevator Two is ascending to this level."

Hannah ran to join her colleague, reaching him as the metal door slid open to reveal the figure of Trent.

He saw them and their guns pointing in his direction and raised his hands in surrender.

"Don't shoot. I'm not infected, I swear."

Hannah beckoned him nearer. His clothes were crumpled and he looked tired but his eyes were clear and usual.

"You got bitten."

"I know but maybe it can't be caught that way. I waited to get sick but nothing. When I realised you weren't coming back I decided to recon the lower levels." Trent explained calmly. "I don't hold it against you."

"What did you see?"

"They were all...busy... on Ten....they've completely wrecked the place. I...can't describe the smell...." The man shuddered. "Maggie...they... noticed me and tried to get me to join in."

"And?"

"When I wouldn't they knew I hadn't caught it. They just left me alone when they worked out that I wasn't going to try and stop them."

Hannah and Nine Pines eyed the man. He sounded very convincing. The pile of dead rats seemed to support his story.

"What did you do next?"

"I looked around. I found Lewis' computer but I couldn't make heads nor tails of it. Since then I've just been wandering around, killed a few rats on SS2, and tried to stay out of their way. I holed up on Four 'cause that's where Dr Phelp's couch is."

"Are they still on Ten?"

"They don't leave there except to raid the kitchen now and then. It's the only time I see them."

"Hannah..." Craig said, walking to the door. "I've got environmentals back. Communications are still down; the Ni6 chip is missing..."

"Lewis must have taken it." Nine Pines decided and Hannah nodded.

Hannah knew that the mission depended on her decision, here and now. She weighed up the numbers. Discounting Trent and Maggie made the ratio six to four and they were armed and had the element of surprise.

It seemed acceptable.

"Trent, you can come with us. We're going to go get this chip." She ruled.

"Thank you ma'am. You made the right decision when you left me here and you've made the right decision now." Trent informed her.

+++++++++++++++++

The smell hit them as the door opened. The air was full of the musk of sex. They peered out then ducked back in.

Nine Pines held up two fingers and Hannah nodded.

Marcus and Hyde were standing in a corner. They were probably meant to be guarding the level; instead they were sharing a bag of chips, looking bored. Both were naked.

Two darts felled them before they could make a sound.

Hannah and Nine Pines took point. The lobby was clear.

"Straight retreat to the elevator at all times." Hannah signed with her hands.

She led her team to the abandoned guard station. One of its windows was streaked with blood.

Trash and cum stained mattresses littered the floor and wires hung from the ceiling.

"Ma'am." Trent whispered, indicating the elevators. Someone was on his or her way down.

Hannah snuck down, taking cover behind the station wall, her men behind her.

Dr Singh, naked and bruised, stepped out gnawing a corncob.

He looked nonplussed as the tranquilliser dart found its way into his thigh and he went down.

"Three down." Hannah whispered as she turned around.

"Five." Trent said back.

Hannah had seconds to see the slumped bodies of Nine Pines and Lockhart. Lockhart's gun was in Trent's hands. He rammed the butt into her shoulder.

Hannah fell back on one hand, the gun skittering from the other. She kicked Trent in the nuts as she went.

"Uuumph..." He groaned as he doubled over.

Hannah scrambled to her feet as Trent lunged for her. She evaded his outstretched arm and a palm to his face broke his nose.

She heard commotion from the cells and turned. Without a second thought for her fallen men she ran. She tripped as she leapt over the prone body of Marcus and dragged herself up with effort.

There was sound behind her.

Maggie, reeking of the cum she was covered in, jumped on top of Hannah. The befouled nurse was howling and yelling as she tugged at Hannah's hair. Hannah tussled with the slippery banshee, unable to gain purchase on her attacker. She gagged as she bit down on Maggie's shoulder.

"Rarrrgh..." Maggie shrieked, distracted.

Hannah used the opportunity to flip this hideous thing over her head and she was up, sprinting for the open elevator. Her momentum carried her into the wall, knocking the air from her lungs.

Dazed, with her muscles on fire she jabbed the button on the panel.

Lewis, unclothed, was holding the door open with his hand.

"Hey there, Pippi." He smiled, tilting his head left and right, birdlike. He turned to Ward, who held her discarded weapon.

He fired and as Hannah's mind shut down she heard Ward speak.

"Congratulations son, worked like a charm."

++++++++++++++++++++

* Day 219 02: 19 hours*

Russell sat at the guard station as time passed. The vents had started to blow warm air two hours ago but the phones remained dead.

No one had returned.

He knew that had to face the fact his wife was dead or being used as a fuck toy. He didn't know which he hoped it was. He felt numb, scooped out. His mind was pulped.

=+++++++++++++++++

When he got off the elevator at Sublevel One he had no recollection of his movements or the motivation for his journey.

Ella crawled up the corridor towards him, a lump of blankets and vacant eyes.

"We're going to die down here." She croaked as she clutched at his legs.

Russell bumped past her. He couldn't believe that she was wrong.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

There was no sign of Greta. No sign of anyone to prevent admission to Dr Schroeder's inner sanctum.

The door was not locked and he padded through like an automaton.

Dr Schroeder was sat in darkness at a desk. He could see her eyes, liquid in reflected light, watching him.

How like her, to sit and work as her empire crumbled and Rome burned. Russell hated her then or, at least, he would have if he could feel anything.

She stood and waved a hand at her vacated seat in front of the microscope. Russell ignored the seat, turning the scope to his face. He looked down, out of habit rather than any genuine curiosity.

What he saw drained his body of its remaining strength. He had to fall into the chair to take a second look.

"Whose sample is this?"

"Its mine." She grinned.

"Your body has antibodies to fight off the virus. We can use this to synthesize..." Russell mused, the warmth of hope returning to the extremities of his consciousness.

"I created the vaccine at the same time I created the virus, Russell."

Russell glanced to she if she was joking. He couldn't have heard her properly.

"What?"

"I created the virus and Mr Ward was kind enough to help me disseminate it." Ava said simply, her tone like she was lecturing a class of particularly dense students.

Russell couldn't take it in. His brain just wouldn't extract any meaning from the words.

"Why?"

"Every scientific development has to be tested, Russell."

He felt overwhelmed, as if he were going to throw up.

"Ava, we know them....they're our colleagues, friends, my wife... you've turned them all into monsters, slaves to grossly out of control sex drives." He felt strangely dispassionate, as if she could just be made to see sense everything could be restored.

"I know. I was a little surprised at the virus' efficacy but that is why testing is so necessary, don't you think?"

Russell stood up weakly.

"I think you need help. Your rape must have..." He trailed off. What process could have caused someone to invent this virus?

"You don't understand, doctor. My rape was a revelation, an epiphany! The focus of my life's work became clear. You don't need armies, tanks and planes to change the world." She yelled, gesticulating wildly. "With my virus, properly targeted and administered I can control the very act of creation!"

Russell felt swept away; flotsam in the current of Ava's nightmares. His head was spinning and the world lurching underneath him. He sat again.

"I don't understand."

"Our population levels are declining. We've become too enamoured with careers, material gain...we're being overtaken and our people need a stark reminder of their duty."

Russell put his head in hands.

"Ava, don't you know what you've done?" His whole body was quaking as he spoke.

She walked up to him and swivelled the chair so that he faced her. She took his hands in his.

"Russ, I don't think you can understand until you're properly invested." She breathed in his ear.

When she kissed him Russell found himself kissing back. Her lips were so sweet, the simple human affection sweeter. The pain could be lost, yielded to the past as his tongue tangled with hers. She ran her tongue over his teeth and stroked his earlobe. She pulled the glasses from his face tenderly.

"Don't fight it, Russell. Where has the fighting gotten you? You're lost and alone but you can be with me. Let me take care of you." She offered as her nimble fingers started to open his shirt.

"No...you're...." Russell began to say but every reason to object fled him as she started to stroke his unbidden erection through his pants. Her face was furrowing in his chest hair, her full lips gracing his nipples, his navel...

Ava mouthed his crotch, sucking the material through her teeth and leaving damp patches around his fly.

He anticipated his cock must be her aim but she teased him. Her hands pulled off his shoes as she kissed his thighs and knees.

"This is..." He groaned. He knew this was wrong but he couldn't think why. He no longer cared. She unbuckled his belt and unzipped him. Russell lifted his ass as Ava pulled down his pants.

She prowled up his body to kiss his hungry mouth, and then she was gone, leaving him craving more.

He looked down in time to witness her lace his balls with saliva, her soft cheek against his thigh. His mind flashed to the memory of Maggie and his stiff cock being denied that hot mouth. Ava's was hotter, greedier, more hungry for his cum.

She gobbled down his shaft, slurping down every inch. Her blonde head bobbed as it swallowed his meat. Russell jerked involuntarily as her tongue danced over the tip of his swollen glands.

The chair rolled from her cruelly.

"No..." She moaned as Russell's dick moved out of reach.

He stood up, holding his throbbing cock and offering it to her. His balls were twitching at the prospect of cumming over her face or down her thirsty throat.

Ava took him whole, his head hitting the back of her mouth.

"Uh, Jesus..." Russell grunted.

"Let it all go, Russell....I've taken everything else... I want you to give me your cum....give it willingly" Ava whispered.

She miscalculated. Russell pulled out, dripping precum on her lower lip. He wrapped his arms round his chest and leaned against a wall.

"What am I doing? What am I doing?" He groaned, stupefied.

"You're seizing the future, Russell." Ava informed him, shedding her silk blouse. "Everything you had is gone but that's okay. You don't need them, you don't want them..." She advanced, stationing herself against his rigid body. "I have everything you want."