All Comments on 'Fiction v Reality'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Clever

You love the single sentence on a new page thing, don’t you?

Fun story and nicely paced. Good luck in the competition.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

A bit too carefree for my liking, but easy five stars anyway. One for each of their kids, eh? :-)

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Anon- I actually have no control over page spacing. A Literotica page is usually around 3,700 words. This story is around 18,700 so I would have expected a little over 5 pages- dialogue and shorter paragraphs, with the breaks I added also would have added to the space required. Let's just say it's not something I intentionally set out to do!

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

Lovely. Thank you!

blue66blue66over 3 years ago

Could not stop reading despite the late hour. Just the right story to help cope with the third lockdown. We need more like this to remind us that not everything is as from as this pandemic.

Thanks for a great story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Splendid story! You create such interesting characters.

5

sirhugssirhugsover 3 years ago
Loved it

Easily worth the time to read.

My kind of ending.

You write such believable and sympathetic characters, and the action seems easy and real. well done.

TrionyxTrionyxover 3 years ago
Very nice.

Your stories are quickly putting ‘Down Under’ on my bucket list, once this pesky little virus is under control.

ScarelttScarelttover 3 years ago
Character development is great..

I like the pace of the story and it’s length, both are just right!

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing another one of your romantic stories! As usual it is fantastic!

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Magical!

This one ticks all the boxes. 5 stars and a fave. Thank you for sharing with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
just purrrfect

Good to read that the outlaws are well behaved but missed the "settle petal" and a little sad that neither the ambos nor the firies got a biggish part in this story. Ah well, maybe next time. Well done and thank you!! ( I spend an afternoon reading while I should've done the chores.).Cheers!

2oothfairy2oothfairyover 3 years ago
Great story

Thank you for such a great romantic family story, one of the best I’ve read

apollo_XIapollo_XIover 3 years ago

Wonderful start to the Valentine's Day contest.

Well written, beautiful characters. Really like your stories.

PickFictionPickFictionover 3 years ago
Outstanding

What a beautifully conceived and written story. The pace was "just right" as I kept wanting it to hurry on to where I knew it was going. Love the Australian nuances throughout. The characters were carefully crafted and believable. If by some chance you don't win the contest, know that I believe you should. Will have to read more of your writing.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great, What More Is There To Say

Well, actually it's well written, easy to get into, follow and be carried along with. Thanks for a lovely start in this contest.

5 stars.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 3 years ago
Beautiful Romance

Really enjoyed this. Compelling and romantic from start to finish.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

How lovely! Loved it. 5 stars

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 3 years ago

Nice one SJ. Like others said, excellent characters. We, the reader, get to know them while they get to know each other. Very sweet.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago

This was a happy, feel-good story, that made me smile when even Rhys guessed Valerie’s intent and agreed even before she got around to asking him. The ultimate outcome was also fairly predictable but it was fun to root for the really nice pretend boyfriend to become the real thing and to cheer for them as they grew closer and yell at them for being practically the only ones who don’t realize (or at least acknowledge) what is happening between them. I enjoyed the story, the family dynamics, and the little epilogue where we learn what happens after the main story. 5*! Great job and Best wishes in the contest!

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago

SO SWEET!

I particularly love how EASYGOING it all is...

Warm banter...Loving interactions in all directions...

Sign me up for this family!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was a well-written story but was spoiled early on with “I’ve had plenty of lovers and more one-night stands than I can count”... in real life that would be a pass! He should have run as fast as he could. He’s nothing special to her, just the one she settled for. He’ll never know who she’s with in her mind when she closes her eyes during sex. Based on her thought, she’s got a play list of dozens, maybe hundreds of guys that took her in ways he can’t imagine, and those memories will come back to her during the most intimate of times. Perfect romance story if you tone down her past , but more like erotic couplings given her history.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Happiness Abides

Well written with believable characters that suck you into their lives and don't let go. Obviously I gave it 5*. The cool thing about the story is the invariance in location. It could have happened anywhere in the world, not just where it was set. People are alike more than they are different. Joyful, just joyful.

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

Great feel good romantic story with a believable and funny female lead. Thanks for the warm fuzzies

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyabout 3 years ago

Lovely, intricate, complex and sexy. *****

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 3 years ago

Lovely story and a well deserved win! Your characters are amazing and it was so wonderfully written. Congratulations and can't wait to see more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
First Ever Comment

Been reading this site for years. Had to leave my first ever comment. I loved it. Made me happy. Can’t stop smiling. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Like the story. If you ever edit it, I suggest getting rid of most of the "I never realized".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
couldn´t finish it...

very well written...but saccharine in the extreme. not for me.

bilinguistbilinguistabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story, thank you, very romantic.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Very lovely story and congratulations on the win!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Bravo. Delightful story, and very, ᴠᴇʀʏ Australian.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Excellent story! A thoroughly enjoyable read! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lovely writing Hallmark channel would live to get their hands for a movie...just a thought

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

Second time to read this story and I still enjoy it. Could have stopped at the Epilogue and I would have been happy with the story. It's always nice to find out how things turned out, except it was just a little too busy at the end of this one. Still, loved how the setup was handled and the banter between the family. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best stories here.

Loved it!

EVLoverEVLoverover 1 year ago

Thanks, Sister Jezabel, for another wonderful romance story!

One comment is that Valerie is one tough woman! While I understand that many Aussie women are very tough, Valerie must get a prize of some sort for being able, at the age of 40, to deliver a baby girl in the wee hours of the morning and then recover sufficiently to get married at a Formal Gala that very evening! Amazing! My hat's off to her!

Five Stars*****

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 1 year ago

Wow, i really liked this one! Flowed really good and was a very well developed story! 5☆

Bob_the_TurtleBob_the_Turtleabout 1 year ago

It is a somewhat familiar theme, but it was an excellent treatment of it. The writing was crisp, and just enough humor and realism added that I stayed with the story and enjoyed it until the end. My only criticism is that there just seemed to be too many characters, and they didn't advance the plot as much as they got in the way of it.

Just my 2 cents... Its your story and the are your characters.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

That was definitely a real family tale, a real valentines tale …. A dreamy family, every kid would love being a part of it ….. your writing talent presented us readers a wonderful entertainment ….. 🙏💝💝💝💝💝💝

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

One of your best stories. Just found Hills too interefering/interruptive!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Fuck, another story where Hillary is so intrusive.....WTF with these bitch mothers!! Even her bet was uncalled for

PurplefizzPurplefizz12 days ago

Really good story SJ, although I’d echo the comment below re excess characters getting confusing for us poor readers to try and track - especially the epilogue. That said an easy 5⭐️ as I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheers, Ppfzz.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...

SIMILAR Stories