Fifty-First Way

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

Amber pulled into their parking area and let out a huge sigh as she turned off the car's engine. It was a rough day. Tony wouldn't leave her alone and the thought of what she did sickened her. She wondered how she let him talk her into a seedy tryst. Now he was threatening to expose their affair to Jake if she didn't continue having sex with him. She reminded him that he had more to lose if she exposed him. It was not a pleasant conversation.

Now the big question on her mind was whether or not to confess to Jake. She feared him finding out on his own, yet she was scared to death of confronting him with the truth. She didn't like either path, but at least she didn't have to choose now. For tonight, she would make love to him with every ounce of her mind and body. She wanted Jake to reclaim her, even though he didn't know he had to.

Amber opened the door and entered their home. It was her sanctuary from all the madness in her life.

"Jake, I'm ho..., oh my God!"

Sandy was on Jake's lap as they made out.

"Jake, what are you... and who's the slut?"

Jake looked at Sandy. "Come on, Love. It's time."

Amber turned a bright red in rage. "You're that skank from the bar, Cindy or something!"

Jake held Sandy's hand as they walked toward Amber. "Her name is Sandy, and she is my new girlfriend. Don't ever call her those name or any other like them again."

"Girlfriend! Are you forgetting you're married?"

"No. But you're the one who tried to redefine our marriage as open."

"What? I never... "

Amber dropped her briefcase and fell to the floor. Jake helped her up and moved her to the chair across from the couch, then he and Amber took their positions on the couch. Amber looked up at Jake with tears in her eyes.

"You know, don't you?"

"About you and Tony? Yes."

"How? Did he tell you?"

"No. You said you were working late last night and I brought you a sandwich so you wouldn't go hungry. Instead, I saw the two of you. Here are the pictures."

Amber looked at the evidence before her and began to sob.

"Amber, I'm sure you're going to try and explain it all with the standard excuses cheaters use, but it doesn't matter. You were my best friend, and you betrayed me. We traded vows and commitments, but you chose to ignore them and destroy our marriage."

"What about you and the... and her? How long have you been sleeping together?"

"We've not been intimate, at least not yet."

"Jake, please. We can work this out. It was a big mistake and I ended it today. How can you be so calm? Why aren't you yelling and having a fit?"

"Amber, you may not realize it now, but this whole thing may have been good for us both. We were friends, close friends, and we assumed that meant love and marriage should follow. I now know that I never really loved you like a life-mate, and once you're past the emotion of this I think you'll realize the same. I wonder if you didn't feel too—maybe subconsciously. Perhaps that's what led you to stray from our marriage."

"How can you say that? What do you mean you never really loved me?"

"Because I love Sandy. In our first kiss I knew I found something you and I never really shared. Amber, you and I have been the equivalent of long-term friends with benefits. You need to find what I've found with Sandy."

"You expect me to believe you aren't having sex with her."

"Believe what you want. I have no reason to lie. Here is the paperwork for a divorce. Let's end it and move forward."

"Divorce! No, I don't want a divorce."

"That's irrelevant at this point. I do want a divorce."

"You just want me to make it easy for you to get it on with... with her."

"That's partially true. But we both need to move on. You've destroyed my trust and what love I had for you. If you really wanted to stay married to me, you wouldn't have screwed around with Tony. Just admit that to yourself, and let's move on. What we had is gone already."

"No. I'll fight it."

"Amber, take a day or two to think about it. Consult with a lawyer, if you wish. But if you haven't signed by this time next week, I will push in ways you don't want."

"Is that a threat?"

"I don't want it to be. The divorce is happening because it's the consequence of your actions. If you fail to see that and chose to fight, I'm willing to send those photos to your parents, our friends, the pastors at church, the school board... do you understand? That will be the consequence to your decision if you don't just do the right thing and sign."

Amber cried the cry of the defeated. "I can't believe you'd do all that."

"I can't believe you screwed Tony, but now we need to clean this up. Let's be adult and do it quickly."

"I'd be ostracized, and probably fired. Please don't."

"You have a week. If you think the terms aren't fair, we'll talk. But it splits our joint assets fifty-fifty. That's more than fair."

"You're not going to tell Tony's wife, are you? He has two kids."

"I can't believe you're worried about your lover, but you're too late for that request. I met with Diane Jackson today. Tony is learning the consequences right about now."

"Oh, Jake. How could you?"

"Do you think that's a fair question, Amber? How could I not."

"Oh, God, Jake. I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you or us."

"I'm sure. But what's done is done. I think it best you find somewhere to go tonight. I suggest your parents since they're not far from your school. Tell them the truth, Amber, or I'll use the pictures to protect my reputation."

Amber slowly got up and walked into the bedroom. Jake heard her talking on her phone to her mom, and was glad to hear her take responsibility. Twenty minutes later, she came back out with several suitcases. She paused at the front door with her back to Jake and Sandy.

"I'm sorry, Jake. Take care of him, Sandy."

She left with a whimper. Jake, on the other hand, had tears streaming down his face while Sandy hugged him.

"Are you okay, Honey?"

"Yeah." He decided to try and regain control with a little humor. "What happened to calling me Sweet-cheeks?"

"I didn't think this was the time for that one."

"That was emotionally draining, but I'm glad it's over. Can we just sit and snuggle for a while?"

"For the rest of our lives, if you so desire."

"I like the sound of that."

"You handled that calmly, tenderly, and like a real gentleman. Those are some of the qualities that made me fall in love with you."

"You're sweet. And your way was definitely better than any of Paul Simon's crappy ideas."

"We should send him all the new lyrics they came up with at the bar, but tell him this was the fifty-first way, and it was definitely the best."

*****

In another part of town, Tony Jackson arrived home to see his massive brother-in-law sitting at the kitchen table. Moose didn't look happy.

"Hey, Moose. Where's everybody else?"

Moose slowly arose and walked toward his target. When he got within three feet of him, he held one of the pictures in front of Tony's face.

"Care to explain this, asshole?"

"Oh, no!"

"Oh yes!" Moose grabbed Tony's shirt at the shoulders and threw him into a stuffed chair. "Explain it."

"It was a stupid mistake. It's over and won't happen again."

"And that's supposed to make it okay? Is Diane supposed to just take that response and everything is hunky dory?"

"Please, Moose. Help me square this with her."

"Well, 'fraid you're too late for that. She and the kids are gone for a few hours. You have a half hour to get whatever shit you need, and get your ass outta this house. Understand?"

"No! This is my house and I want my wife and kids."

Moose turned bright red with anger. He wondered if Tony was really this stupid.

"Was I not clear? She wants nothin' to do with you. The divorce papers are in the works. It's over. And don't challenge me again. I love my sister, and I don't mind sittin' in a cell to protect her from an asshole like you. Feel me, ass-wipe?"

Tony sat nearly paralyzed in fear. He realized he let a bit of pee escape. He got up and, under Moose's careful scrutiny, Packed as much of his stuff as he could and prepared to leave. Moose helped him by throwing each bag out of the front door onto the lawn. As he squeezed by the big man to leave, he noticed the confetti all over the kitchen and quickly realized it was his priceless comic book collection. Assuming Moose wouldn't be sympathetic, he kept his dismay to himself.

*****

Diane didn't make a deal with Tony about forwarding the pictures. Perhaps she was foolish since it could impact her alimony, but she sent them with naughty bits blurred to the school board. They immediately suspended Amber and Tony without pay for the remainder of the school year. When called into the administrator's office, Tony caved under the weight of all that had happened and lost most his self-control. A fit of screaming and profanity earned him full dismissal.

Tony knew he was beaten. He agreed to the divorce, and moved out of town. Other than regular alimony and child support checks, no one has seen or heard from him since.

Two Years Later

One a bright and sunny day, Sandy and Jake walked slowly hand-in-hand on the path around the lake in the local park. She was six months pregnant, and the exercise and sunlight felt good after a long winter.

"Love, have you thought more about a name for our little girl?"

"What do you think of Trisha? I think 'Trisha Moore' sounds good."

"Do you mean that her formal name would be Patricia, and Trisha is her nickname?"

"No, just Trisha. Trisha Anne Moore. I like that Anne is your mother's name and my mother's middle name."

"I think that's a good choice. Let's go with..."

"Jake?"

The voice came from behind them. Sandy turned to see who it was, but Jake knew that voice better than anyone.

"Hi, Jake. Sandy."

Jake still hadn't turned around, so Sandy took the lead.

"Amber, how are you?"

"Good. Oh, I see you're expecting. Congratulations!"

Jake finally turned around to see his former wife. "Hey, Amber. You're looking well."

"Thanks. I am, and I think I'm in a good place. And you two look positively happy."

"We are." They replied in unison, which made the three of them chuckle.

"Jake, the night we... let's be honest. The night I caused you to break up with me, you said some things I didn't understand at the time. You were right. When I see you look at Sandy, and can see a love deeper than we ever had. You may not believe it when I say this, but I'm really happy you two found each other."

"Thanks. I didn't say those things to be mean or hurt you. It's just that it became so clear to me that day and I hoped what I learned would make sense at some point."

"Amber, what about you? Are you seeing anyone?"

"There are a few guys I've dated. None of them sparked the feelings like I see in you two, but I know the right guy will come along. I saw that you guys were married only a few weeks after the divorce was final. I didn't start dating until after that."

"Jake and I know you'll find the right one."

"I know I threw away a fantastic husband, and I agree that maybe us getting married was a mistake. To be perfectly honest, I think what I miss most is my best friend."

"I know, Amber. We had a long and wonderful history. The way things unfolded, it wouldn't be fair to Sandy to rekindle that level of friendship."

Sandy felt the need to add her feelings. "I don't mind if you keep in touch once in a while. Yet Jake is right. Too much has happened to get that close again. Neither of us hate you, Amber. We're serious when we say we hope for the best for you."

"Something about that night always nagged at my mind. Can I ask, Sandy, why were you with Jake when he confronted me?"

Jake laughed. "Blame Paul Simon."