Finding Rhiannon Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've decided? Decided what?" I exclaimed. "What are you talking about?"

Lucy's response was to rise gracefully to her feet, walk over to me and place both her hands on my bewildered shoulders.

"Why to move forward, of course," she said softly. "To be who you want to be. Isn't that right... Rhiannon?"

As she said my name, my true name, two things happened. Just faintly, the air around me was filled with a triumphant blast of sirens. And I knew that this was indeed my decision, not one that had been forced on me, but one I embraced.

"Now," said Lucy, her voice suddenly huskier than usual, "let me show you what you've chosen."

I made no move to resist as she leaned in and kissed me, more softly and sweetly than I could have imagined. Nor when she brought one hand down to cup my breast.

Not even when the other reached under my dress and slipped inside my panties, to find the warm, wet place that was suddenly there.

And just a little while later, the sirens sounded again...

*************************

EPILOGUE

My heart was distinctly heavy as I zipped up the small suitcase and put it next to the larger one. Lucy popped her head around the bedroom door. "Sure you've got everything?"

"I think so," I said, straightening up, "though I can't guarantee I haven't liberated the odd pair of your stockings."

Lucy grinned. "That's all right," she said, "I'll be organising a police raid on that new apartment of yours any day now... Okay, let me give you a hand."

She helped take my bags to the lift and then came down with me to the foyer. As we walked to the front door, I ran a mental check to make sure I had everything. Handbag, phone, keys...

"Oh wait," I said, jamming my hand into my handbag and rummaging through the contents. "Here you go," I said brightly, "nearly forgot to return the key you gave me!"

As Lucy took the proffered item, she looked at me with obvious concern. "Now, are you sure you're going to be okay? It's been a difficult time, I know. You've had a lot of changes to cope with."

I stared at her wordlessly, then dropped my handbag and caught her in the biggest, tightest hug I could manage. Ignoring the tears that had started to roll unbidden down my face, I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and then hugged her once more.

"You're the best, you know that? I don't know what I would have done without you. Or Martin."

When I finally released her, she smiled at me. "No problem, just happy to help. Although I'd rather you didn't say too many nice things about Martin, he's got a big enough head as it is..."

Wiping away the tears, I mustered a smile. "Well, you're both angels as far as I'm concerned." I picked up my handbag, checked nothing had fallen out, then said with a sigh: "Well, this is goodbye from me. Goodness knows when I'll see you again... Oh no, wait, you're coming over for drinks tomorrow night! I'm sure I'll have found a place to hide those stockings by then..."

Lucy grinned and then gave me a gentle shove towards the door. "Go on, off you go, that cab's been waiting a while. Listen, I'm sorry I can't come with you, it's just that I'd promised Caroline lunch. Here, I'll grab this case, you get the other one."

"That's no problem at all," I said, as we went out to the taxi. "Caroline, eh?" I added, as we handed the cases to the driver. "The mysterious girlfriend... Any chance we're going to meet her any time soon?"

"Not if I can help it," laughed Lucy as she held the back door of the car open for me. "I'd be in real trouble if she knew what dissolute friends I have... Oh wait, I meant to tell you. You know that law firm Emily's just joined? The one a certain attractive young man also works for, or so I'm told?"

"I think I may know the one," I said, as I clicked the seat belt into place. "What of it?"

"Well, Emily said to tell you they're looking for someone else with an HR background to do some project work. She said to give her a call."

"Thanks," I said, "I'll do that. Now shut the door and bugger off to Caroline, okay? Whoever she is. And I'll see you tomorrow night, yeah?"

"For sure," answered Lucy. "Bye Rhiannon. Be good. And if you can't be good..."

"Be careful," I chorused, as she shut the door. I waved to her as the cab pulled away, then settled back in my seat.

I certainly had a lot to think about, that was for sure. It was only a few weeks ago that I'd arrived in the city, a lost girl with no idea what to do or where to go. I'd really been fortunate to meet Lucy and her friends.

And now I might even be able to get a job! And in the same firm as Adam and Emily, no less. Now that would be something. I grinned to myself. Decisions, decisions...

THE END

12