All Comments on 'Fishing with My Daughter'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
HeidistarHeidistarover 4 years ago
Heart to heart

Nice story about farther daughter bonding

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
This could be a series

Conversations with Julia. Countless possible variations. I enjoyed that immensely. Compelling. Can’t stop smiling.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Unfinished

Started out well and has potential to be a really good story. Please finish it. As it stands, only 3 stars.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
A great story

So great that I think Parsons, Vicars, Priests, Celebrants and Marriage Guidance Counsellors should give copies to prospective brides and grooms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I agree with JT Cooksey

This has great potential, and you write well enough to do it.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Nicely done

A deceptively deep story. Thanks for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Shallow and cheap:

"There isn't a woman in the world that could tempt me away from your mother. She's still the sexiest woman I've ever known."

That's the lesson to teach your daughter. If you want to keep you husband loyal and faithful stay sexy. Intelligent, frugal, strong, brave? Yeah, that's nice. But SEXY, that's the acid test.

I think you might want to reexamine your values and priorities.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 4 years ago
Very well done

A nice perspective on a father / daughter relationship.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Sweet

Very good, very pointed chit chat

Nicely done

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Make your Expectations Know

Good story. Thanks for the read.

As in all relationships, clear and frequent communication is the key. If respect, loyalty, faithfulness and fidelity are key qualities you expect in a partner make sure your partner knows you expect that out of them as well as expressing your commitment to ensure your behavior exemplifies those qualities as well.

Secondly, make sure you know what your deal breakers are and make sure your partner knows what they are and what the expected consequences are for those deal breakers.

If the two partners can't agree on the ground rules of the relationship and aren't committed to living by then then the relationship is doomed.

Never make unilateral decisions about the relationship. People change and relationships can change as well but have the decency to respect the other individual and agree to discuss and renegotiate the relationship before acting on decisions. If the relationship has reached or exceeded the expiration date then do them adult thing and have that discussion with the partner towards dissolving the relationship amicably as best as possible.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
Well done J_T, Well done

Usually when I make comments about stories on LIT. it has to do with a memory from my past, whether from my childhood, schooling, sports, loves, college, military, marriage, child rearing, etc. all the way up to now in my life at 73yrs.

This story parallels part of my life with my daughter. She was an avid fisherman and loved fly fishing. She also started fly fishing at about 10 yrs old. She still to this day fly fishes and ties her own flies. So thank you for bringing back some of my memories, I sat back in my lounge chair today with one of the family albums in my lap and just drifted back in time to our special times on the rivers and the lakes that we paddled on in our canoe and fished. J_T thank you for giving me such a wonderful day of memories. KUDOS BIG TIME !! (There is nothing quit as exciting as watching a 14 yr old daughter hauling in a 20 lb. Steelhead on fly fishing tackle)!!!

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago
Cute Story***

Thanks for sharing.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Great humor. Well done, thanks again. 25 stars again! lol

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

If only it were so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a story that most anyone would love, especially if your a father of a daughter! Thank you for such a great read. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"Find a man who doesn't lie to anyone, respects the people around him, but still stands up for himself. Look for a man who knows himself, knows what he wants, and knows it when he finds it. You want a man who won't change just because others think differently, but who listens in case he's wrong. Find a man that you know everyone else can trust and trust that you can, too." Gold, absolute gold.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story!! loved it!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

I've enjoyed reading it many times!

5

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 1 year ago

A lot of good advice in there

TrambakTrambak9 months ago

Dad’s are like that. Informative, lovesick, and always a joker of the family.

People just love them.

5.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Desecration said it so well that I've nothing I can say worth saying.

Jalibar62Jalibar626 months ago

Brings to mind the Trace Adkins song “Just Fishin’”

Anita71Anita715 months ago

a sweet father and daughter time

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories