Flight Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mina," the stranger practically purred, "it is very nice to meet you. I am very disappointed that this is the first time I have seen such beauty."

It was supposed to be amicable flirting, nothing too serious, however, the way Archer's fingertips bit into my side I knew that my 'let's piss Archer off' quota had been reached.

Still, as angry as he was, he wouldn't kill me.

I reached my hand out and ignore the slight surprise on the stranger's beautiful face. "I didn't get your name?"

The stranger took it and placed a soft kiss on my knuckles. His lips were as warm as his hazel irises. When he looked up at me from his dark eyelashes, a brilliant smile, I was extremely charmed. Archer was not.

"You're more than welcome to call me Marric." He smiled, still holding my hand.

I finally pulled my hand out of his because the hold Archer had on me was practically criminal. "It's nice to meet you, Marric. Are you a colleague of Archer's?"

This made Marric laugh, his brown hair glinting in the low lights. "Colleagues, huh? I did not think Archer was capable of such...mundane relationships."

"I don't think Archer's capabilities should be taken lightly." I teased and ignored the irate statue beside me.

I couldn't explain it. Even if I had been gone I knew what Archer could do when provoked beyond his limits. I knew it. But I could not make myself stop needling him. Making him feel my anger in a way he had never allowed me to express to its full extent.

Marric picked up two drinks from the passing waiter and handed one to me. As he let go of the glass his fingers brushed lightly over mine. "And why is that, sweet Mina?"

Upon hearing Marric's words, Archer seemed to work out whatever he needed to and easily plucked the drink out of my hand, took a generous swallow, and firmly secured the mask of a lethal but pleasant crime lord.

"I love that I'm your role model. But don't pump my slave for information, she has so much more to worry about." Archer quipped and Marric didn't seem to hear the threat. He just shook his head at Archer and was about to ask when a light bell sounded indicating it was time to join the dining area.

"I have something gorgeous prepared for dinner tonight. I brought in one of the best to craft the menu that I believe will be pleasant for you and Mariposa. I will join you momentarily." Archer dismissed Marric smoothly but dismissed him nonetheless.

Marric looked at him and for a moment something felt off. Something I might have noticed if I had not been on a path to having a pissing contest with Archer.

"I would like to speak to this chef. Maybe I can persuade him to leave with me?"

Archer gave him another indulgent smile. "Maybe."

Marric gave a slight bow of his head then gave me a very...loaded smile as he sauntered away from us. With each step he took, I felt my heartbeat and all major pulses. Archer maneuvered me so my back was to the glass window.

Archer was smiling at other people as they passed by us. If anyone looked at us they would see two people in an intimate conversation. What they wouldn't see was Archer. Anyone who could see the way he was looking at me would understand why he was able to topple one of the most dangerous men in this organization.

"Did you have a good afternoon—" I barely had time to goad him, with a quick jerk my body was thrush with his. Usually, when he did this I could feel his arousal, this time his body was hard with anger.

"Don't say one. Fucking. Word. Do you understand what I'm telling you, Mina? Don't open your mouth." He said in a rich, low voice, and for a moment I felt real fear. His eyes had gone cold and black.

His strong fingers circled lightly around my neck, pushing the sleek tracker harder into my throat. Pressing his thumb into the pulse on my neck. His other hand slowly traced down my breast and over the picture of me and Ben that I had steamed onto the black fabric. He leaned forward to press his lips into my ear.

"I hope this was worth it." The pitch of his voice was so low I could feel it in my belly.

I swallowed, my retort stuck firmly behind my teeth. He sucked in another breath and kissed me softly. With one last cold look at the image, he gently stepped away and held out his hand.

I looked at his large palm my fear mixing with something else. My anger. I was scared of him but I was still angry.

I tilted my jaw and ignored his hand. "It was worth it." I braved one last taunt.

There was no emotion on Archer's face or in the lines of his body anymore. His fingers slowly curled back as if to retract his invitation. With the tip of his chin, I felt a warm hand at my elbow, Thing One pulled me away.

"Take her to my room." He said blankly and his lack of emotion, for just a brief moment, sent a terrifying thrill to me.

As they took me away, I'm guessing Archer had slipped back into being a gracious host because there were brilliant answering smiles. Except for Tiller, who glanced away from a woman he was talking to. He did a slight double-take at Archer then his eyebrows screw together.

Looking at me he mouthed, "What did you do?"