Flight from the Harbour Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They get even bigger?" asked Tori, only mildly surprised. "Wow, I guess we'll just have to keep feeding them then, what a terrible shame."

"Not necesssaryyy yet. Krini-Blosssoms healthyyy for now. Grow more later..."

"I can't wait to see when they're fully grown. Master was right, these really are going to look beauti-"

"Wait! Shh!" whispered Chayse suddenly.

They all went quiet, even Spotto's flow of thoughts into theirs seemed to still. He hunched into a defensive position and even his three enamoured livestock became incapable of noise, such was the degree to which he filled their mouths and throats with his appendages.

"What's that out there?" said Chayse, pointing to a spot in the distant darkness.

Tori had to squint hard to see it, but there was no mistaking it; past several bends in the river on a hill roughly half a kilometre away, was the dancing, flickering light of a small fire. Plumes of smoke serenely wafted into the hells above (she had started referring to the sky as 'hell' since heaven was clearly underground).

"Spotto confusssed. What Devoteesss ssseee?"

"I think that's them, right? The Deserters? It's gotta be, surely."

"Devoteesss see humansss?"

"Not yet, just what looks like a campsite. No wait, there's one!" A figure walked around the fire, a blurry silhouette cast against the light.

"Isss jussst humansss? No Krinisss?"

Tori thought this was an odd question. "No, why would there be? I thought the whole point was for the Deserters to be taken away from us?"

Spotto did not answer.

"I mean, I thought it was always kinda obvious it was gonna be police or rebel guys that got to them," said Chayse still scanning the campsite. "Yeah looks like it, there's big tents and stuff out there too. Unless you had something else in mind?"

Spotto took his time, but eventually said, "Massster'sss fearsss unfounded then, it would ssseem..."

"What fears, Spotto? Why would Master have anything to fear?"

"Massster worriesss lotsss... Devoteesss not know how hard Massster triesss to make good Hive... Happy Hive... Happy humansss... No-one ssscared, no Krinisss go Rogue..."

"Rogue Krinis?" Chayse got the impression Spotto may have said too much.

Spotto dragged his words out reluctantly, "Isss rare... veryyy rare... but sssometimesss in the passst when a Hive hasssn't functioned asss well asss sssupposssed to... sssome Krinisss break off from Hive. Attempt to ssstart their own..."

Chayse and Tori were stunned. How could they let the Prince doubt that he had created anything less than paradise incarnate? How could he even entertain the possibility of the Krinis being unhappy with the Hive? Were his fears that the Krinis were taking humans to go and make their own Hive?

"Massster bearsss heavyyy burden. But asss Spotto say, Roguesss veryyy veryyy rare. Most fail... not know how to build Hive like Massster. Much prefer unityyy..."

Tori was about to protest that the Hive was perfect and that their Master was wrong to assume anything less, but then something occurred to her. A memory, of her first time meeting Spotto months ago, when she found it strange how the Krinis referred to the Prince as their Master instead of the famous Queen...

"Spotto," she asked tentatively, "was Master by any chance a Rogue himself?"

Tori immediately regretted saying that. Spotto tensed up indignantly, and she was suddenly reminded of the fact that she was in the presence of a powerful, tentacled alien. And that she was just fuckmeat to be harvested for orgasms, and to be turned into a brainless bimbo slut.

"Massster love Devoteesss. Spotto love Devoteesss. Whole Hive love Devoteesss. But Devoteesss should not asssk sssuch quessstion again. Not nice."

"Sorry," she said weakly. "Won't happen again."

Chayse tried to alleviate some of the awkwardness by turning their focus back to the campsite.

"So uhh... how do we wanna handle this? I mean, do we wanna just call in a bunch of Krinis to come take everyone back? It'd probably be the fastest way."

"Hmm, Spotto not sssure. If reallyyy jussst humansss, then how sssteal other humans awayyy? Sssomething ssstrange going on..."

"Yeah, if they can get people out of the Hive, then that means they know how to get around the Krinis," said Tori, who was relieved to see Spotto calming down.

"Then we need to get closer and find out what's going on."

"In that case, how about we do this..."

------The Next Morning------

Chayse had to admire the Prince's powers of perception; it was just like when he had tried to plan a way out of Outlier Tower. And just like then, it involved a good deal of making things up as they went along.

Tori hung limply from his side, with one arm propped up on his shoulder and looking like she was on the verge of collapse. Chayse's right hand drifted down toward her ass, where he couldn't help but give it a firm squeeze. He then got even bolder.

"You will never, ever hear me say this again," breathed Tori in his ear, "but you should probably stop touching my pussy."

"I know," murmured Chayse, "but we're staring down the prospect of not having sex for at least a good few hours. Just savouring the moment."

As they trudged slowly up the hill, they had a better view of the camp now that it was daylight. It was comprised of almost a dozen dark green, military-grade marquee tents scattered throughout a clearing. Some were enclosed, but other, larger ones were open, anchored to the ground with ropes. Even so, all manner of barriers, curtains, supplies and crates obstructed a full view of what was clearly a well-provisioned operation.

Curiously, Chayse could make out little sign of human activity. The fire from the previous night had gone out, and all was quiet.

"Hello?" he called out, his voice wavering. "Is anyone out here? We need help, please!"

For a moment, there was no response, but then a tent flap opened nearby and the clicking of spinning wheels ushered forth. Chayse had to fight to keep his composure in check with what he saw next.

A hardy-looking man in a wheelchair with a shaved head wheeled out to greet them. His face was scarred and waxy as if it had been scorched by something. He wore a threadbare shirt, a pair of beige cargo shorts and a worn out old bomber jacket. Chayse immediately felt strange at that; he'd neither worn clothes himself or seen anybody who had in a very long time and had completely forgotten it was a thing that was to be expected. But what really caught his attention was the reason for the man's need for the wheelchair as he looked down.

It's the one-legged man! He realised with a start.

"Who are you?" the man barked. "State your name and intentions!"

"I'm Chayse," he panted, "this is my sister Tori. We've been wandering around for ages... we need... please we're exhausted."

The man's face fell as he examined them closer, "Oh shit, you both look like you've been in that hellscape. Alright, follow me, I got some spare beds and food."

Chayse hoisted Tori higher up his shoulder as the mysterious man led them to a tent further back in the clearing, his wheelchair rocking and clattering over twigs and roots. He was burning with questions, but at least had one of them answered when he got a better look in one of the tents.

Dozens of people lay on beds in closed-off wards. Some were unconscious, others muttering or moaning, others needing to be restrained as they twitched and shivered. They all showed some physical indication of having previously been in the Hive, whether it was their prodigiously engorged genitals, semi-vacant expressions, or the layers of dried sexual fluids that they had been caked in.

That's them! The Deserters! They... oh god, they look even more tortured than I imagined. This can't be good for them.

"You don't look like one of my lot, so I'm curious to hear how exactly you did it," said the stranger. "I'll be honest, I didn't know anybody else was even capable of breaking out of there."

"Wait, what do you mean 'your lot'?"

The man waved a hand dismissively as he lead them inside to a closed off section with an empty canvas cot. "In a bit. For now just pop her up on here, there we go." Chayse laid Tori down on the cot and sat at her feet.

"Now I'll admit I'm no doctor, but she seems conscious and breathing at least?"

"Yeah we've both been wandering around for ages hiding, and we're just dead on our feet." It was a total lie; Chayse and Tori had spent the last night lounging in Spotto's tentacles being blissfully fucked and rejuvenated with nectar. Both of them were feeling fresh as daisies.

"Any... abnormalities I should be aware of with either of you?"

"Like what?"

"Well it's not exactly a secret what those freaks are doing," said the man (Chayse's mouth twitched in anger at those words). "Some sort of twisted alien, parallel dimension shit that's beyond me. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if old mate L. Ron Hubbard came down from the fuckin' moon. I've got ladies here who've been birthing tentacles nonstop, I've got fellas here that can't carry the weight of their own dicks. Hell of a job to try and contain it, I tell you what."

"No, we actually got out what feels like months ago," said Chayse, technically telling the truth this time. "Wasn't easy at first, but... we adjusted. Sorta."

"Just exhausted, said Tori faintly.

"It's alright, love," said the man. "You're in a safe place now."

Safe. That was the word that the blonde-haired Deserter had used when Tori had interrogated her. The pair of them were starting to slowly piece it all together, but some things still didn't add up.

"Should've introduced myself I s'pose. Name's Herman. Been a while since I've had anyone who's in any state to introduce myself to," he laughed humorlessly.

"Nice to meet ya Herman. So... is all this," said Chayse gesturing to the various tents and supplies, "your doing?"

"Pretty much. It's not easy, especially like this," Herman pointed to his obvious impairments, "but with time and the right training you can. Admittedly I've had to pinch a few supplies, but I doubt anyone will mind. Can't get through to anyone on communication channels, and trust me, I've tried 'em all. I s'pose that's as good a reason as any to ask what you've seen and heard on your travels?"

"Well... we were put in an office building in Sydney CBD. Dunno how long, I've lost all sense of time at this point. Not really gonna go into the details if its alright with you, but... one day I just woke up and it all kinda felt like the drug or whatever they were giving me wore off. Was able to get Tori out," Chayse avoided giving details on how deliriously he'd been fucking her the whole time, "we were able to sneak down to Darling Harbour, and grab a boat up to the Hawkesbury. Been living like cave people ever since. We saw your campfire last night, had to come take a look since we were really running on empty at that point."

"Seriously? That's unreal!" said Herman in amazement. "I mean, on the one hand I was kinda hoping you'd maybe eliminated a huge chunk of 'em in a fiery explosion or something, but on the other hand, it does give me hope that there might be others like you."

The thought of 'eliminating a huge chunk' of the Krinis almost made Tori actually ill. It must have shown on their faces, because Herman's face fell again.

"Ah, that's right. Dead on your feet. I'll grab you some water, be back in a sec."

He hauled his wheelchair out of the tent entrance, leaving Chayse and Tori alone. They looked at each other and raised their eyebrows, each knowing exactly what was going through the other's mind, other than Spotto's distant thoughts making them innately horny.

"Well, that's not what we expected at all, is it?" muttered Tori, trying not to be overheard by the Deserters in the next wards over.

"Mhm. There is no-one trying to break him out. He's running the outbreak."

"But how's that possible? Master said he'd been captured over and over again."

"Dunno. Doesn't much look like a man who's been captured over and over again."

"Does look like a smart man though. Especially if he can put all this together."

"Guess we'll just have to keep prodding."

It was unbearable for Chayse to be so close to his hot, yummy step-sister in all her naked glory and yet be unable to satisfy their overflowing urges. Likewise, Tori's eyes were practically glued to Chayse's twitching cock; she was in half a mind to wrap her boobs around it and make him bathe her in his cum before Herman could come back.

Herman returned shortly however, handing them two bottles of water. They both pretended to drink, but in truth, the only things they wanted to consume were each others sex fluids and whatever mind-melting, addictive juice the Krinis decided to feed them.

"Got some blankets under your bed as well if you wanna cover up," he said.

"Oh yeah, sorry," said Tori. "After a while you kinda get used to it."

"I know what you mean. I've seen things I could scarcely imagine in my wildest nightmares. Eventually it just becomes the norm. I can't say I like it becoming the norm."

They couldn't possibly disagree any more with him on that front, but rather than argue the matter, Chayse changed the subject to a much more important one.

"So, Herman... you mind if I ask something personal?"

Herman snorted. "Personal boundaries have gone out the window at this point, I reckon. Go on then, do your worst."

"Well it's just... you seem to have brought back a lot of people here. But, and I mean no offence here, you've got some... physical challenges, let's not beat around the bush. If it's just you, how the heck did you do it?"

Herman surveyed the pair of them for a long time, before sighing and dropping his voice.

"Not supposed to talk about this, but fuck it I s'pose, who's left to stop me? I'm actually in the Special Forces. Or at least, I was, until a couple years ago. One day, we were doing a routine op, counter-terrorism and sabotage, that sort of thing. It was supposed to just be a training exercise, low-risk simulation... except it wasn't. Never found out who the smartass was that did it, but the bomb I was supposed to be defusing was very much real, and very much wired incorrectly."

"Half my face got melted off, leg had to be amputated, broken bones all the way through, internal organs ruptured, you name it. They gave me a life expectancy of about five years. Discharged from service, looking like a monster, getting weird stares from everyone you see, it was all rock bottom at that point. Worst part of it was, I couldn't even enjoy what little time I had left. Neurologist said I had a lot of cranial trauma and stunting of my nervous system. Can't taste or smell anything anymore, and any pain or pleasure I feel is negligible. It's not an exaggeration to say that life pretty much lost all meaning at that point."

"Then just when you think things couldn't get any worse, these alien fuckers arrive from who-knows-where and start snatching people up left, right and centre. I was able to outfox 'em for a while, but in my state I couldn't hold out forever. They took me down into their little alien workshop of horrors and... well... they did to me what they've done to you and everybody else. That orange drug that they use on people must have some serious vitamins in it though; it fixed up a lot of the organ damage I'd sustained and most of the skin on my face has recovered, so I ain't complaining about that, at least."

"But my leg ain't coming back, and my nerves still won't re-attach. Everyone else down there was high out of their minds on that stuff, meanwhile I was trapped alone, in the dark, fully conscious, couldn't feel a thing -- full-on limbo, basically. Absolute hell on Earth."

Herman's voice cracked and wavered slightly at that point. Chayse and Tori sat open-mouthed in silent shock. As fully committed as they were to Team Krinis, it was impossible for them not to feel deeply sympathetic for Herman -- perhaps the first emotion beyond insatiable lust that they'd felt since re-joining the Hive. This poor man had experienced pain beyond pain in his previous life, and now could not even escape to the wondrous new life the Krinis could provide?

"How did you get out?" asked Tori quietly.

"As it turns out, not being able to feel anything is as much of a blessing as it is a curse. Meant that I kept my sanity and had to just wait it out for the right moment when they let their guard down. Took ages but I was able to find a way out eventually. Made my way out here to the wilderness where they hadn't gotten to yet. Scrounged whatever I could and set up shop here. Dunno how much longer it'll last though. From what I can tell, they're getting craftier."

Craftier than you think, thought Tori.

"And the others?" asked Chayse.

"Well, once I got out and made myself comfortable here, I realised I could still be useful. I didn't just have to help myself, I could help others as well. I could help others out of there when they couldn't help themselves. It's why I joined Special Forces, it's just who I am. For the first time in years, I found purpose once more. So I went and got myself captured again. And every time those bastards thought they had me under, I'd break out and bring as many people with me as I could. And again and again and again. So that's who all of these people are."

Once again, Chayse and Tori found themselves sympathising with Herman, but on the opposite side of the coin. They too had found new purpose in life thanks to the Krinis, but it came from worshipping and servicing the Hive however necessary and by being the best tentacle breeding sluts they could.

"They're all still having trouble adjusting though. Again, I'm no doctor; I can't do much more than give 'em shelter, care and time. Whenever I leave to go get captured again, I usually just leave one of the 'least out of it' patients in charge. But they're still all a bit... weird, so I don't like to leave 'em hanging for too long. I actually got back just last night, but I got separated from the ones I rescued. Was kinda hoping they'd make it here by now..."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, it didn't take us too long after breaking out before we were back to normal, so there's hope for them all yet," said Chayse, again technically telling the truth, even though Herman wouldn't quite understand it.

For the first time, a weary smile split Herman's face. "You're right, that is good to know. It's ugly work, this stuff, but someone's gotta do it, I guess. Righto, I really gotta go do the rounds and check on the other patients, so I'll leave you be for a while. You're welcome to stay here as long as you need."

"Thanks Herman," smiled Chayse.

"Yeah, thank you so much Herman," said Tori.

Herman nodded and made to leave, but Chayse called out to him at the last second. "Hey Herman? Would it be okay if we go around talk to some of your patients? Might help them adjust to talk to someone who felt what they're going through."

"Sure thing, I could use some extra legwork round here," he chuckled at his own pun, and left them alone together once more.

"Well there's good news and bad news in that I guess," said Tori, sitting up. "On the one hand, it shouldn't be too difficult to get everyone back to the Hive. It's not exactly a fortress here. On the other hand..."

"Herman's a problem," finished Chayse.

"Yeah. If the Krinis really do have no effect on him, then..."

"Master might know what to do."

"He always does." They allowed themselves to indulge in various memories of the Prince's many tentacle cocks stretching them out and re-shaping their guts over and over again, before bringing themselves back to the task at hand.