All Comments on 'Flight from the Harbour'

by Cosmicberry

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
StewmeatStewmeatabout 1 year ago

You did a remarkable job in emulating Worldender's style and intent. Bravo on a fantastic story that was as excellent as the original series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Simply amazing! Bravo!

CosmicberryCosmicberryabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks very much for the support! Wasn't sure what to expect with it being my first story, but ultimately the reception has been far more positive than I dared hope for. Cheers! I still have a handful of ideas that didn't quite make the final cut, so I might have to figure out another story for those :)

worldenderworldenderabout 1 year ago

Wow - this is really high quality writing! The plot is interesting with plenty of clever moments, the lewd scenes and ideas are all very hot, and the world building is presented in such an interesting new direction! I'm glad you didn't feel the need to stay strict with established "canon", and instead prioritized telling a good (and sexy) story.

I particularly like the idea of a more intelligent, tactical invasion by the Krinis (who are canonically quite sapient and intelligent, but largely just use pure force to overwhelm enemies). Some of the concepts explored here are similar to thoughts I had as well for my own upcoming chapters, so I'm excited to see that this setting has similarly inspired other authors :D

It was a lot of fun seeing other parts of the world and tentacle hive in this. I really hope you keep writing (even if not based in the same universe), but no pressure haha :) Also you helped me remember the word that I was trying to think of the other day when writing: "bulbs" lmao

Thanks so much for the excellent fanfic! 5 stars from me - and not because I'm biased lol - but because this is exactly the kind of story I've always wanted to read (which is why I started writing my own in the first place), and I can't really "get off" to my own work, so this is a breath of fresh air.

CosmicberryCosmicberryabout 1 year agoAuthor

@worldender Thanks! For the most part I tried to adhere to your canon, but as it turns out that actually isn't too restrictive - there was lots I could do without it completely flying in the face of your work. Funnily enough, I thought that the idea for the Krinis avoiding water was my own original idea, then I went back and read Chapter 2 and it turns out Aluhr touches on that very subject. So that actually tied in quite nicely by accident haha. And the Prince was more or less just a stand-in for the Queen and I left his story somewhat ambiguous, although I toyed with the idea that he actually has no relation to her whatsoever and is just doing his own thing. If anything, maybe they're slight rivals, since they have different philosophies on subduing humans.

And I did try to showcase the intelligence of the Krinis in a number of ways, so I'm glad you approve. I started with three ideas for this story: the idea that someone could learn to resist the Krinis nectar, that someone could suffer withdrawals from it, and that people would just willingly submit themselves to them. From there, tying in the Krinis' intelligence into that was pretty fun and it came quite naturally I think.

By all means, if you want to incorporate any of the stuff in this story into your own work, please feel free. I wasn't originally going to write another one, but I think I might in due time, since it was a lot of fun and I still have some ideas leftover. I'm super stoked that you enjoyed, and thanks for creating a world that's exciting to think and write about!

SiarSiarabout 1 year ago

A pity they were not full siblings, would make for more interesting relationships. Still it was a great tentacles story, hopefully there will be more set in this setting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

this was so good please please please write more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would love to see more detail on what the prince has planned for them even after being reunited in the hive.

Such a wonderful expansion of enders world I hope we get to see more of your take on it soon.

CosmicberryCosmicberryabout 1 year agoAuthor

Well then I have good news for you! Originally, I was going to leave this as standalone and shift to other Kriniverse spin-offs, but as I went back and re-read this story, there were still a lot of possibilities I could do with it. So there will be a Part 2, and it absolutely goes into what the Prince has planned for Chayse and Tori next :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hello Cosmicberry, this was beautiful, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not to sound like a WorldEnder commenter but... do you have an idea when we might get chapter 2 😅

On a real note though love this story and can't wait for the next part but take your time

CosmicberryCosmicberryabout 1 year agoAuthor

Hahaha, not to worry, I've been trying to get a wiggle on with chapter 2 since it's been a little bit. To be honest I absolutely am starting to understand why it takes worldender a while between chapters. I'm looking to create a story that's about the same length as this one (14k words roughly), so far I'm almost halfway, which is not bad considering I actually only started writing and planning it a bit over two weeks ago. I was able to really blast through chapter 1 in no time, but 2 needs a little more thought. There's also a bit of IRL stuff making things tricky, but I'm still very much committed to getting it done asap. I do really appreciate that you're looking forward to the next bit and your patience :)

worldenderworldenderabout 1 year ago

Yeah wtf where is chapter 2 I've been waiting so long this is ridiculous. These authors have no respect for their readers. Frankly it's sickening. :P

Also. Real talk: super happy to hear you're continuing with it! I should probably publish something too someday...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@worldender you're a legend 🤣🤣 you both are amazing authors though and such works inspire passion and need sometimes selfishly so.

CosmicberryCosmicberryabout 1 year agoAuthor

Hahaha, hey I got 1,300 words written yesterday alone, so the ball is definitely rolling with some momentum. Worst case scenario, I was aiming to have chapter 2 done by the time the new Zelda comes out next month (because good luck pulling me away from that!), but now I should comfortably have it up inside of the next two weeks. So not much longer!

As a taster, I can so far say that chapter 2 definitely feels more lewd than this one. And it begins with a very fun scene that I wish I had included in this chapter ;)

worldenderworldenderabout 1 year ago

Oh man I totally forgot about Zelda... yeah I need to get on the ball before then too lmao sighhh and here I was hoping to finish this story before 2024. But then FF16 comes out, then Starfield...

Well no pressure or rush! I'm excited to read your work whenever it may be done :) also feel free to hmu on discord or whatever btw

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous