Flora & Fauna Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are you doing?" Claudius inquires in an icy, lethal tone.

"Oh, um, well," he looks back at me as if I'd help him out, "we were just talking."

"About?"

"Uhhh. I was just telling her a funny story."

"I love to laugh, " Claudius snarls down at him, "Tell me."

I have to press a hand tightly over my mouth to not laugh at them both.

"You, uh, you kind of had to be there. You know, one of those stories!"

"Was my wife there?"

"Your wife?" the drunk man looks at me and back at Claudius, "N-no."

"You seem nervous."

"Uhhh."

"Why are you so nervous?"

Sweat beads on his forehead as he cowers, "Just a nervous guy, I guess."

"Well, if you're so nervous, maybe you should go home for the night. Would you like that?"

He frantically nods.

"Good," Claudius agrees without moving.

His intense stare doesn't pause as the man has to nearly press himself to Claudius' body to slink by. I finally let my laugh free as we watch him stumble on the way toward the front entrance. Claudius rolls his eyes and takes a step closer to offer me his hand.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I nod as I take his hand and let him lead me back toward our table.

"You know," I say before we're back in earshot of the other dinner guests, "You're okay sometimes."

He raises an eyebrow at me, "And all it took for you to admit it was a wedding and a glass of top shelf scotch."

"And champagne."

"And champagne. How could I forget?"

.

Late on the fifth night, I think at first I'm having a nightmare of being in an earthquake. But as I get forced awake, I can feel it's Claudius nudging me back and forth.

"Oh my God. What!?" I snap as best as I can mid-groan.

"Wake up. I have news that you'll like."

"You're running away with Marko and I'm running away with Andrius and we don't need to be fake married?"

"I wish."

"Then what?" I stretch out my limbs and yawn.

"A sprite sent by my extended family we we're supposed to meet with just arrived. A couple of them feel like they're coming down with a cold, so they're not coming. And some clients in Antadon wanted a meeting with me sooner than next week if possible anyway."

I rub my hands over my face, trying to parse everything, "And that means?"

"It means you're leaving early so get your ass up."

I gasp and immediately feel awake, "I'm going back to Andrius?"

"The sooner you get ready, the sooner you're back with pony show."

The sheets twist around my ankles as I scramble out of the bed. I nearly trip beside Claudius as I rush for my wardrobe.

"Be careful!" he snaps at me.

As soon as I exit the bathroom in riding pants and a sweater, Claudius grips my hand.

"Leave your ring here. I don't want you losing it in Prophia."

I happily agree and let him twist it off my finger. He sticks it back into the blue velvet box and puts it in the top drawer of the nightstand. I nod at the pointed look he gives me after he recloses the drawer.

"Make sure you always put it back on as soon as you arrive."

.

Outside the small stable on his property, I bounce on my toes in excitement. Three days of travel will feel like nothing compared to all the days without Andrius. All my nerves twist tight with excitement and anticipation. Memories of him inside me, lavishing me with affection, swirl through my mind and make me feel overheated under the layers of clothing.

"You're sure you don't want Quince to lead you?" Claudius asks as he leads out a saddled horse.

I shake my head, "I know the way back."

"Take care not to lose that list of addresses I gave you. If you get in trouble, send sprites to all of them so you can be sure I get the message and I'll sort it out. And only send the message that I discussed with you, no extra details."

"I will," I assure him as I hoist myself onto the saddle, "I promise."

"And this is yours," he reaches into his coat and pulls out a thin leather folder.

I lean down from the saddle so he can slide the folder in and reclose my backpack.

"I'll send Quince when I know which date I need you by again. Now get out of here."

As soon as he backs away, I press in with my heels and the horse bolts forward. Her hooves are loud against the curving stone path that leads through the estate grounds and out the front gates. I nearly whoop in triumph at the feeling of leaving Leaven.

.

12