All Comments on 'For the Love of Hanna'

by Salamis

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Go back to sucking those salamis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another Wimp Story

Gawd I'm getting tired of wimp stories. Wives fuck up and husbands forgive. What is wrong, you love happy endings? B.S.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 8 years ago

There were so many holes, unanswered questions, and things that just didn't make sense in this story, not least of all the question of whether Hanna even was his daughter, he should at the very least want a DNA test for the peace of mind.

TheKid188810TheKid188810over 8 years ago
I don't understand

Why was the female protagonist so horrible? She had virtually no redeemable character traits, because... I guess to make the male protagonist look better by comparison? This felt oddly misogynistic.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Still a favorite. I think the naysayers are a bit confused by her initial reaction to her confrontation. She was feeling guilt over what she had done. She was hiding behind her reason for doing it as a justification for her action. That is why she initially responded in anger. She reAlized the futility of that. She left because she couldn't face him. Her guilt had taken over. Once he realized this he was able to forgive her. She was desperate. She had daddy issues. She made a mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
quality

As with a spoken word: we read/hear through our filters of background, personal experience and abilities to understand, etc.

This story is high quality and I have greatly appreciated it in both of my reads, separated by more than a year.

I wish you well and hope that you choose to share more of your stories with us.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just another "Omega Man" tale

Yes that is right, Omega, the 24th and last character in the Greek alphabet. He'll live the rest of his life wishing he could rise up to being at least a beta male.

Any woman that is so focused on herself and a so called biological clock would never have left that child with another. It puts the lie to this stories entire premise. The author never stated that Maddy was seeking pregnancy for her husband's sake. The author accurately stated it was for her own sake. So why would she give the baby up for even a month? No mention was made on what happened during that month she was away either. If this bitch was as honorable as depicted she did in fact continue to fuck the Doctor and most likely the man that worked in her hospital in paying off an illegal debt. That behavior would be the exact opposite of what a wife who loves her husband and family would do. There is no amount of counceling that would be workable for any person this screwed up. And think of it, she is not suicidal... what in the hell was she waiting on? Oh yeah, ahe knows her Omega Man well doesn't she. No score on this crap

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
trust is everything

With Maddy, trust is everything. (Or so the story says.)

Yet she does not trust her husband enough to talk to him about the infertility?

She trusted him enough that he was the first person she told when she had her first period, so clearly she has trusted him with personal information about bodily matters before.

She follows this by betraying his trust in her, and thinks nothing is wrong with it?

The end justifies ANY means?

A fool would trust someone who believes that.

A sensible person would run from them.

What are you whining about?

You still have one kidney.

I wanted a new car, it's paid for now.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
his family?

What they did is to be expected.

His own mother has taken Maddy's side against him since they were both three years old.

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Good Story****

Readers Digest would have loved it!! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
She's not his baby

If she could only get pregnant through artificial insemination he would have had to know about it for her to get his sperm to implant. Since he didn't know anything about it, the sperm must not have been his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for every story rated by 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄 (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
5

annony. This fool hates everything. We all feel sorry for you dear annony you old ugly fat lonely fag. The STD you have from your wife fucking the fleet have gone to your brain!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
she could have waited

They could have worked to save the money. I enjoy your writing and your way of providing novel reasons for cheating.

True life serial cheater near Helena Montana. Details of one of her affairs is on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Motherhood Calling! BS!

Divorce the cheating bitch before she does it again! Did they even do a DNA match?

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
3*'s Only

He should of left his lying, cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Kick this cunt into the curb.

Then throw her bastard into the system.

Then if you have any balls hire a bunch of mercs to go after the good doctor and burn him alive and any of his friends that aided and abetted.

Sortch the earth.

Who gives shit if her bastard became a crack whore.

Burn them all down!!!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago
He should move on

Her husband came second to her wishes, rather than so much as trying to talk with her husband she chose to prostitute herself, not someone worth having as a wife.

The husband should have moved on and divorced her, but instead he practically begged her to come back to him.

What a sucker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hate

Hate is the word. I hate that you ruined this story. I hate that your writing is decent at best and you decide to waste what little talent you have writing cuck fantasies. If my wife ever cheated on me for any fucking circumstances she would be gone. Feel sorry for the fucked up wife who didn't even consider talking about the issue of her infertility. Stop writing garbage and burn that bitch you cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Find a way

Some will find a way to rationalize anything. She wanted a baby bad enough to destroy her marriage. And with any non submissive she would have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Worthless RAAC

Cold-blooded, deliberate deceit. And clearly demonstrating "once a cheater -- sleeping with a married man -- always a cheater."

Tootight1Tootight1about 7 years ago
Good story

yes it is. I can't begin to understand all the negative comments. I have to assume that they are so young, and or immature, or so far from the main stream society, they haven't been exposed to love.

Most people I know would say that what she did was wrong, as she herself admitted. They would also understand why he went after her. Which leads to my previous paragraph.

Take heart kind author, all is not lost. There are those here that appreciate a good story. I was initially surprised by her leaving at first, then I understood, even before his brother came over, nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I cannot believe this

Seriously? You basically had everyone in this story show just how manipulative Maddy was! She spoke to his mother every day while separated, his mother basically took the side of the cheater over her own son. She wanted a girl and got that in maddy! She may have cared for her son, but she sure as shit didn't love him. Maddy made her decision alone, so how exactly did he hold sway over her? She told everyone and their brother mother and sisters about what she did and why, but not her husband! So he is supposed to knuckle under and take her back? Where was the sample retrieved from pray tell? They weren't using condoms, so how is Hannah his exactly? She deserted the home and child! I'm sorry but had that been me, my lawyer would have been the first call, and if my brother would have gotten in the middle or my mother, I would have cut contact! To side with the cheater? Well here is an idea, what about adoption? Maybe a second opinion with another doctor? How about talking with your husband! No I am truly sorry, but Maddy had no right whatsoever to tell his entire family about this making him the bad guy! But as said before, his mother was doing to him since he was three!

JackmoftenJackmoftenalmost 7 years ago
Once a Cheater......

Cheating is cheating no matter what the reason or reasons...I'd of divorced her, Hanna wasn't my blood daughter, simple as that....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A shit sandwich

You made him eat a shit sandwich. I agree with those who said it was RAAC. It has nothing to do with age. It has to do with justice, balance or whatever you want to call it. The scales weren't balanced. She was not remorseful, she didn't work to earn the right to be taken back, so RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the most ridiculous excuses for cheating in all of Literotica

She cheats on her husband just because her mother and her mother's family "wouldn't understand" if she didn't have children? Her mother "never forgave" her father because he DIED before he could give her more children? What??Totally and utterly ridiculous. This flimsy and ridiculous excuse ruined the whole (otherwise OK) story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

As an author i don't like using derogatory adjectives towards another author's work... But this one was a tad stupid... I personally would kick out any woman that had the gall to tell me that something wasn't my business... Im not going to get into the many points that were brought up by others... But surprised that no one brought up the flirting initiated by the wife with the other asshole... "G"... This was not your best... It was poorly thought out... Jmo

-jaye-

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
crap

he is the only character besides the kid who is decent. If it was a man leaving a woman for not being able to have a kid, he'd be a bastard. She cheated end of story and his sister and mother should be cut loose as well for condoning it. faithfulness isn't a part time thing you're either faithful or not

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Unanswered questions

This story seems to leave some unanswered questions. The first is that if she was artificially inseminated, where did the sperm come from? We already know she had sex with the doctor - I'd wager huge that the baby is his. I also did not enjoy the aspect that his family seemed to put the onus on him to repair the relationship, because it was "complicated". She cheats, she walks out, and he has to fix it? I don't agree with any of that.

Thanks for writing though.

boatbummboatbummabout 6 years ago
A Real Head Scratcher

Given the kicker at the end, the rest of the story just collapses into a pile of "No Fucking Way" rubble! Maddy's actions throughout the story just don't fit with the reveal that she was the whistle blower....

NO WAY that she doesn't talk with her husband about it when she knows it's all going to come out!

NO WAY that she leaves her husband and daughter when he confronts her about it!

NO WAY that she agrees to postpartum sex with the douchebag doctor!

If the baby was created IVF-style, NO WAY is it going to be with hubby's sperms unless he's offered up his ejaculate into a cup right there in the doctor's office! DNA test coming up!

I like the author's writing abilities, and have enjoyed his other stories -- but this one just doesn't work, as many readers have commented.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
I call bullshit on that.

"Trust is not about her, it's about you learning to recognize, and handle the imperfections of another." So says his mom.

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
great writing

when is our hero and his wife having the next baby?

as soon as she finds another fertility doctor that will fuck her for tratment.

why would any reason be acceptable to cheat on their partner but at least it gives the cheaters a new and valid reason to cheat.

someone needs to update the cheaters handbook and put this excuse in it so that other cheaters may use it

it was never mentioned who the biological father of the child was so we will have to guess

cheaters will stoop to anything to get away with it and this is a prime example

she got away with it once and she will do it again and again

maybe our hero will end up with 16 kids like on that reality tv show ..... LOL

there are a lot of fertility doctors out there and the wife will be exhausted by the time she has seen all of them .... LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
God, was that a stupid plot.

Actually the plot idea was sound, but the characters and their thoughts and actions are just preposterous. Too bad they had a child, just more pollution of the gene pool.

Thanks, for not writing anymore. Your male characters are pathetic, and stupid.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
There was an unanswered plot element

Whatever happened to the April 10th rendezvous reported by Felicity? If Maddy was going to "go up against" the Dr. on her own, then why set up a tryst for the post birth payment? Doesn't sound like her motives were as she started.

Another factor was; Did Maddy completely fess up to the two grandmothers? Especially the last payment? You see why this element should have been dealt with? It leaves a question in the reader as to the Maddie's veracity.

I hope your editor would have pointed these little unresolved elements.

All in all well written however.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bitch

I'd have dropped the bastard kid off at a Fire House four states away

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Well, this was written for the seriously mentally ill, so it's easy to understand why the story and its characters made no sense to most of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NFW!

Me, I’d of divorced the cheating slut ASAP!

Kerry3579Kerry3579over 5 years ago
LOL

Should have put MAMA in the Hospital

naxos65naxos65about 5 years ago
ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

The story is pathetic . Her husband is a total idiot . His wife pays for treatment with her body ! Any decent guy would fire her off , this guy is almost APOLOGISING TO HER !

Tootight1Tootight1almost 5 years ago
good story

I wont say it's the best I have read, but good. It seems normal for me to believe a story like this. It could happen today. In the end true love won out, a good ending Is nice once in awhile.

As natural as this seems to me, what I don't understand, is their openness all through their lives, yet when something this big comes up, she doesn't say a word to her life long love, that was a bit off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wtf?

Ohhh poor wife.... she wanted a baby sooo much that she needed to screw the doctor. What will happen when she'll want a new car? She'll fuck a car dealer? Hell i cant give it any less than a 1 star. There should be a scoring system from 5 to -5. This on I would give a -3 on such a scale

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnatealmost 5 years ago
One Compassionate Character in the Whole Story

... and she's completely from outside this narrator's family. Felicity is the only honorable person in this story.

Both wife and mother are straight-up conspirators and show an outright contempt for narrator bordering on misandry. Both are loathsome and awful. Yet the plot claims of how much he is loved? Show me. The author's job is to show, not tell. This is completely missing.

* Is there love when Maddie does not disclose her inability to conceive children to her husband, despite the "closeness" they share, going back to childhood?

No. She went behind his back, and knowingly to an old flame.

* Is there love when she hides the arrangement she made to pay off the fertility treatments?

No, she readily agrees to the point that she herself would've suggested infidelity if Davenport hadn't suggested it first.

* Is there love when Maddie refuses to discuss, let alone take responsibility for, the decisions she's made when the narrator brings them up to her?

No, she storms out. Her pride was hurt, so she simply runs.

* Is there love when Maddie abandons the child she cuckolded her husband over?

No. She just up and leaves. She is completely justified and owes him no explanation. Yet even title of the story implies how supposedly committed she is to the child. Even the author cannot make up their mind about what is going on in this mess. She loves the kid until the first sign of trouble and then she's out the door.

* Is it love when his own mother (!) poisons his whole family to blame the narrator for even suggesting that she be held accountable?

No. Even the brother, a cop (one of the most macho professions there is) says Danny should kiss her ass for cuckolding him and welcome her back. That he just doesn't understand. This whole scene with the brother is so relentlessly awful from start to finish, it really just cemented how much the author simply hates his own narrator.

So again, where is there a modicum of "love" for this narrator?

Now, let's look at plot holes and sticking points.

* How did Maddie hide her diagnosis of ovarian cyst serious enough to make her unable to conceive from the man she was so close with?

* The narrator's ignorance about what "honest" actually means"

> "The Maddy I knew was honest to a fault. If she made a bargain, she would fulfill her end."

Except apparently she cannot honor wedding vows, or somehow remain faithful. How does this get put into a story like this?

* I am very familiar with fertility work and the use of non-sterile specimen storage is a no-go. There is no way she could gather a sample from the husband to use for in vitro implants without him knowing about it. The kid cannot be his, as he did not provide a suitable sample.

Additionally, married patients need consent of both partners to proceed, otherwise this is hugely unethical. Davenport would have his license pulled simply for that.

* The brother is the worst cop in Philly.

>"Sometimes the facts obscure the truth,"

And he's a lieutenant? That explains so much about Philly cops...

I have the feeling this line sounded a lot better in your head than it came out on the page.

* The absolutely HORRIBLE scene with the brother:

> "Whatever it was little brother, you need to hold in check some of that pride of yours and go to her"

> "She won't come back on her own. ...She is ashamed of herself."

Grrrrr.. This "your male ego is the problem" is one of the SHITTIEST tropes in LW and is cause for an instant 1*. Let me get this straight - her pride is OK, and she cheated, but Danny's ego/pride has to go? Are you f***ing kidding me here?

* The self-loathing of the narrator is palpable:

> "My pride kept me from seeing the truth. I wanted to punish Maddy so I expected her to come crawling back to me. She could never do that."

Then you married the wrong person. She cannot take responsibility for her own adultery? Are you f***ing kidding me?

* From the traitorous mother:

> "Trust is not about her, it's about you learning to recognize, and handle the imperfections of another."

What kind of horseshit psychobabble is this? That's the definition of "compassion", not trust. Trust, in this case, would be that the partner wouldn't allow personal weaknesses or imperfections to be used or exploited in a way to destroy the marriage. But guess what, that's EXACTLY what she did.

Finally, the whole excuse for her infidelity:

> "(Mama) never forgave him for not producing more children. Her family spoke about her behind her back. They love her but they also pity her. She has to bear that shame. I did not want to add to her pain, aside from that I feel like they do. Husbands and wives make babies."

So in the end, they adopt.

Seriously. That's the punchline to this whole shitshow?

After the whole "I have to make my family happy" so she has an affair, has someone else's child, abandons the kid (and her dopey husband), and reunites, the genius plan for two idiots is 'fuck what my family thinks and adopt?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know what? After all the evidence presented in this story so far, why not? This makes absolutely as much sense as everything else, which is to say, none at all.

The author commented that:

>Under what circumstances might adultery be forgivable?

There are such circumstances, but none of the conditions in this story come close to qualifying.

The problem I have with this story is that Salamis sets an extremely high bar for writing. I find this lapses in this story so antithetical to the care and planning I see elsewhere in the published works that the cries for a rewrite of this are still as evident as ever. I really should do something about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
TEST HANNA's DNA!!!

If the Fertility doc knows that Danny "is not the problem", then Danny has left one or more sperm samples that could be used to inseminate Maddy.

HIWEVER, that doc is enough of a slimeball that using his own sperm in place of white husbands seems likely

Olfrog14x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
1*

Pure, actual ADULTERATED garbage. Every character is a real cunt for pushing him to get his whore wife back

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

"I cannot express the joy I felt when my wife walked through the door to our home. That joy was shared; for she knew i was a spineless cuck, a pathetic simp who would never leave her no matter how many men fucked her"

So lets recap she wants to be a mother so badly she will fuck other men on command to pay for it, but she also abandons her baby one she is outed as a fuck slut?

I would have driven that baby a few states away and abandoned it at a fire house kept up the charade that I still had the bastard (who really thinks that a man willing to black mail women {rape} for sex in exchage for illegal medical treatments isnt going to sub in is own spunk?) until enough time had passed that the baby would have been adopted out, dumped the slut, and publicly sued the doc, his university, and the whores employer

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

I really wish Literotica would impliment a 0-10 scale

one star gives this a 20% favaorable rating, 20% too much

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Some idiot wrote below that "true love won out"

No, we just have another LW weak, cuck husband. The wife betrayed him completely for selfish reasons. It was not merely coldly calculated, she became a prostitute and was planning to continue her new career after the baby was born. What the cuck discovered was that his wife was not the person she seemed to be. She was the kind of narcissist that will do whatever she wants to get what she wants, everyone else be damned. Anyone who looks at her behavior can see that she truly loves herself, not her husband.

What is astonishing in this story is that the husband is written as so weak, so co-dependent that he essentially grovels and takes the cunt back. In the time that she was gone, she may have been fucking the doctor to pay off her debt. The dweeb husband never asks, and he never checks for paternity.

In reality, any husband would view her leaving as a godsend. It is one of the few circumstances that would give him primary custody of Hanna.

As a technical matter, the kind of treatment she got really isn't that expensive most places. Moreover, borrowing $12K is not difficult. Nothing in the story indicated that they couldn't, other than the author's declaration. For such a small amount the author needed to explain why they couldn't borrow 12k, otherwise it just seems implausible given that they appear to be employed professionals.

It's also far fetched that literally every character in the story felt that cheating by prostitution was not a sufficient ground to terminate a marriage and felt so much sympathy for the whore. I agree with the observation that the only decent character in the story is Felicity. Perhaps the author is the kind of demi-man who gets hard thinking about his wife fucking someone else.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Great story, really liked this one.

Well done Salamis.

“The mountains look on Salamis

And Salamis looks on the sea,

And dreaming there an hour alone

I dreamt that Greece could still be free.”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
under zero

cuckie, wimp, cum licker

grade 0.001

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I LOVE The Comments Section

All the uneducated simpletons come out to play, here.

Author, thank you.

juderboyjuderboyover 3 years ago
not bad

but there were some holes. For example, how could the husband be tested without his knowledge? A clean sperm sample is hard to get without the donor knowing. And then there was the sperm used to get her pregnant. Same response as before. And lastly, why did the Dr's wife lead the husband to see this as cheating. She confessed later that she knew the whole story before they ever met. Like I said, many holes

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Little Ditty

That I had posted in my office some years ago. I've never seen it being attributed to anyone so I can't give proper credit but it sums up my feelings to this story and unfortunately I saw it being all to accurate in the real world, both commercial and government:

The Plan

In the beginning was the Plan.

And then came the Assumptions.

And the Assumptions were without form.

And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.

And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of shit, and it stinketh."

And the workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof."

And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."

And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength."

And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."

And the Directors then went onto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth and is very powerful."

And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company; with powerful effects."

And the President looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.

And the Plan became Policy.

This is How Shit Happens.

Signed: BTW

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

This is some serious cuck apologist shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
so funny

Some of the comments are so funny. The guys must be uneducated.

What I didn't get from the story is if the wife wanted a child so badly why would she leave without the baby?

No I would not have taken her back. The trust would be gone forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Maternal bonds

I knew this was written by a man. It makes no sense that a woman who was so desperate for a child would leave her baby for a length of time like that. Then upon arriving home, she put the baby in the playpen. If I had been away from my baby for weeks at a time, there’s no way I’d let go so quickly.

bigurnbigurnover 3 years ago

Quite a lot of words used, just to tell a 4-5 paragraph story. The author should have spent more time telling the story of the sociopath, that was Maddy. She obviously had no real connection to the child.. At least, as the story was written. This is a sad story about 2 sad people and a child. They were far from ever being a famliy.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

This is some seriously gay shit.

Lol!

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

3 for this story.

The issue for me is that any story has to have a certain level of believability or probability.

This story is lacking that component.

Therefore, this is a FANTASY fiction and yes, there are way too many words in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"My pride kept me from seeing the truth. I wanted to punish Maddy so I expected her to come crawling back to me. She could never do that. It was not in her nature. She would take her shame and pain in solitude. In order for our marriage to survive, I had to seek her out and let her know that I forgave her."

Another weak, needy, feminized husband who parrots the feminist lie about "male ego". The issue is betrayal through the violation of her vows, which in turns shows a lack of respect for her husband, lack of integrity, untrustworthiness, and a disregard for the unique bond of marital intimacy. Painting her as a hormonally driven emotionally disturbed woman is just another way of expressing the usual LW cliche that women lack moral agency. In LW stories outside the cuck/swinger genres, only men are expected to be adults.

The wife is a headcase as written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You are an excellent author but in this story you missed some points that would occur in a real life situation. Why did Maddy trust Mitchell when she knew what he was like. The story doesn't mention Maddy getting a second opinion for her condition. Danny doesn't ask the obvious did she get a second opinion on her condition. Although it's not in the story there should have been concerns about whether Mitchell lied about the results of her tests so that he could manipulate the situation to get sex from Maddy. Instead both Maddy and Danny ignore what would be a really obvious question in the situation.

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyable story!

I don’t criticize authors because of the way their stories turn out. It’s all good writing.

I put myself in the protagonist’s place instead. If I’d been the husband here, I’d not only be pissed off by her screwing the doctor but also because she failed to deal with the infertility issue first with her loving husband and partner. There’s a similar story called “Melody” by BigGuy33, I think, where the wife finds out from her mother in law that her husband is sterile. Instead of telling him, trying adoption, etc, she decides the screw his cousin enough times to get pregnant 3 times, for the husbands’s “sake.” He ends up divorcing her for this colossal error in judgement and for not addressing the sterility issue with him beforehand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I understand that the game for many authors is to try to come up with scenarios of adultery that can result in a plausible reconciliation. This pushed the envelope past breaking. She betrayed her husband with cold premeditation. It doesn't matter morally in the least that she "really, really" wanted a child. Moreover, the fact that it was prostitution and the fact that she knowingly committed adultery with a married man when she was single would tell any normal man that THIS woman should not be raising any child and is also unfit as a wife. This little outburst is so very postmodern/feminist: ""I can't believe that you're so judgmental, so self-righteous. What I did…what Mitchell and I did, was none of your business. It did not concern you. So you have no right to sit there with your smug attitude and proceed to judge me." You would invite THAT back into your home and to raise your daughter? In a pig's eye, not if you are remotely sane. Unfortunately, this is LW, where every husband is weak, needy, and cuckish and all the woman lack moral agency and can't be held fully accountable for the evil they do. That's only a slight exaggeration of what appears here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I didn't finish the story, didn't get past the second page. The story to that point was unrealistic. What didn't make sense is why didn't he show Maddy the emails and ask for answers at that point. The confrontation would have no doubt being shocking as Maddy realises that she is being set up to be seduced by someone else. She would then have been open to being honest because of the shock.

Think I also agree with most of what the other anon below has said.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

How does either Danny or Maddy know if Hanna is Danny's child??

Danny needs a DNA test with Hanna!!

I agree with lunon2019 that Davenport (M) is unlikely to actually have used Danny's sperm. If D (M) really looks like Maddy's father, SHE might not care, and is extremely unlikely to have watched enough of the Lab work to know whose sperm was actually in the syringe.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

Also, anyone who has watched a couple try to adopt knows how simple that is NOT.

Many people who have watched a couple raise an adopted child in the modern era are aware of the substantial fraction of adoptees wbo have ADHD or some other behavioral issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What whore won’t talk to her husband about fertility. The high price just meant that she whored herself for a large amount. I’m sure given the choice hubby would pay cash for treatment t.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

I love Salamis’s work and this yarn started well, but after page 3 the plot began to unravel. For instance, following the row with her husband, Maddie abandons him and their newborn baby for a month. In my experience a new mother would never abandon their newborn baby after they had bonded. In the real world Maddie would have left with Hannah, especially as she was breast feeding. Another plot discrepancy for me is the artificial insemination. How come hubby didn’t know about this as he was supposed to be the donor - or was he? How did Maddie get the semen from him? This is where the story just didn’t make sense. Or perhaps I missed big chunks of plot somewhere. I’ve awarded 4 stars, but this yarn needs a rework to get it to Salamis’s usual high standard.

pugg6963pugg6963almost 2 years ago

All sense of realism collapses when the mother walks out on the newborn that she gave up everything to birth. Sorry, but a revision would be welcomed here.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalalmost 2 years ago

I mean....Felicity could have gone to the police or medical board herself anytime, She is a well respected published doctor who had evidence her husband was abusing his position. I guess the story wouldn't have happened though

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 1 year ago

Bad ending, now he’s stuck raising Davenport or Gerard’s kid. It’s most likely not his. They should be paying for the child’s expenses and he should be divorced looking for a good replacement for “Maddy”. Especially since the ending indicates he’s been manipulated from the start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story was nonsense. From him not checking the DNA of the child to see if it was his...to a mother of a newborn who sacrificed her own dignity and put her marriage at risk to have said newborn...for her to just leave and abandon the new born baby just like that? For more than a month?

Sorry. Just stupid.

And for fucks sakes...his mother and his brother are just like "go get your wife...no big deal that she's a whore. You can't divorce her because she whored herself for a good reason."

"Oh yeah brother of mine? Let me come up with a noble reason for me to come fuck your wife and make her a whore. Because shit...if it's a good reason then you'll forgive her and take her back. Right?"

That's a bullshit conversation. I have 2 brothers. And neither one of them would ever advise me like that. I'd be liable to beat the shit out of either one of them if they were that blunt to me about forgiving a whore of a wife. And my mother? Yeah. She'd never get that far into my business with my spouse. She'd know it wasn't her place at all. And she MY mother. Once she found out that the wife of her son whor3d herself out for any reason? She'd be recommending divorce lawyers to me.

All of that part of the story is bullshit.

Not only that. If the MC's wife was the one who wrote the letter in the first place to the scummy doctor's wife?

Why would the doctor's wife not go right to her when she found her? And say "you are going to help me get his license revoked. You are going to testify...or I'm going to go to your husband and blow uo your life and marriage. We can either do it this way...where you get to play the victim card that will assist you keeping your marriage. OR I'll tell your husband. Give him evidence of your betrayal. And he'll likely divorce your cheating ass straight away. What's it gonna be?"

Why did it go this convoluted way when the doctor's wife knew she wrote the letter tipping her off from the get go?

I'm a fan of Salamis. But not this story. Stupid.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Returning to this story after 4 years where at that time, I point out a couple of plot flaws. Obviously the flaws were still apparent but this second thought came through.

The author has described a seriously flawed woman with deep psychological issues. First she has an affair with a man the could be her "father's twin." The classic Electra complex. So she first seeks an affair with her missing (deceased) father then RETURNS to this man seeking to have him father (figuratively) a child with her. She even agrees (and at one point proposes) having multiple intercourse with him in the accomplishment of the fact.

I feel for the husband who is faced with a wife needing, perhaps years of psychological counseling. To the wife, any adopted child will suffer the knowledge that it will always be less (psychologically) to the natural (fathered) child.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

He is completely fertile. She has problems conceiving.

Why didn't he confront her demanding DNA?

Or take samples from Hannah after birth?

She agreed to be impregnated by another man when the Dr could have used her husband.

The doctor was a fucking moron. Use the husband's sperm. Fucking her isn't how she got pregnant.

Next question..

When she left home, did she pay off that 'after birth' part of the payment?

This story is far to improbable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lot of weird holes on this story. Things that are introduced but mo closure on. For example, do a DNA test it appears in fact that Hanna is his biological daughter as evidenced by Felicity's strong opinion. The doctor could not impregnate her through normal intercourse. Using his own sperm to fraudently seed artificial insemination could instantly destroy his career if found out. But then again, get a DNA test!

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Like most of authors stories... Too bad he's not still writing here. But this one... She wasn't blackmailed.... Coerced yes. Blackmailed... No. She did it willingly though not happy. She prostituted herself for for treatment. That would be crazy hard for the husband to get over. I know she wants a child but you discuss this with your spouse. Forgiving that would be very tough. Think of all the possibilities.. STDs, he gets i pregnant before the front l fertility treatment, the treatment doesn't work and what did you do this for, he intentionally used his or someone else's sperm, and of course the husband finds out. Written well mostly but the story just felt forced.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I can't believe the unbelievable pressure that both Maddie and Felicity had to bear in order to survive the crucible of cognitive dissonance from external and internal conflict. How courageous to try to 'take the bull by the horns' in order to live with themselves.

No quick judgements here and burnt bridges to regret. Very mature love and accountability.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Umm the last page was a bit like putting lipstick on a pig. That was a serious attack on their marriage both by the predator, his conspirator, and her obsession, almost to the point of mental illness about having a baby. Talk to your husband. They could have found a way to get thr money via relatives friends a loan, etc. Maybe they spend a couple of years scripting and saving. Go to a third party doctor with no agenda. As soon as the asshole demands payment via sex, go to your husband. Look at other specialists. She was so obsessed that she drove a train through their marriage. And for pity's sake get a DNA test. It is possible that the asshole pulled a swap. Unlikely, as getting found out means the end of his career and massive lawsuits. But still get a test for peace of mind. If she objects, screw her. He had a right to confirm after what she did. She even agreed to screw the asshole after giving birth. Do we really know how long it was planned? He wad getting ready to pass her off to the other doctor to be seduced. Blackmail was probably going to show up soon. At least with Gerard. She was being groomed. Yes we hear from Felicity that she was independently working to bring Davenport down but while that helps it doesn't absolve her crazy decision. What happens when she wants another baby? She detonated a grenade I t heir marriage. And with someone that she had a two month fling with before learning he was married. Doesn't sound like she particularly enjoyed the sex was a selfish lover. But still wtf? It isn't just that she cheated for crazy circumstantial reasons, but is her botched and dangerous decision making process. He too easily forgives her out if hand. This woukd take more work in real life. Maybe forgivable (maybe, depends on the husband), but no way this is fixable without extensive counseling. Her seeking to burn Davenport for manipulating her into this is important. One call out. When he tells her about the plot to conspire with Gerard, there is little discussion. None of her reaction. Real missed opportunity. Shows how she was out of her league and putting her marriage in the crossfire. They probably would have drugged her to get what they wanted. Knocks the story down a star for me. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The stupidity of the wife is too much.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wholeheartedly agree with the commenter from 3 momths ago, with post starting with "Umm the last page ...". Madeline and other alternatives. When she agreed to sex after the birth, how long was she accepting? He was going to oass her to Gerard and she woukd have been groomed and blackmail into some real sick sh$t. Seriously get second opinions. Get help from family db relatives about raiding the money. Yes she had enormous guilt for her inability to get pregnant without medical intervention. Seriously there were other options when sex for oayment comes up, talk to your husband. She was so twisted and obsessed that she made some horrid decisions. Glad they worked it out, but the husband reconciled and forgave way too easily. She needs serious counseling. Just crazy.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Tells her husband ahe had sex with her fertility doctor in exchange for a baby, 9 months later, she gives birth.... and the husband doesnt have a DNA test done.... they're both idiots. The doc is a slime, a blackmailer and a cheat, why are they trusting the fact that he didn't use his own sperm durong the artificial insemination?

NoBullAlNoBullAl6 months ago

Not a really bad story but certainly anything but a good story. A narcissistic, not very smart, wife wants a child and is prepared to do anything to get one including cheating on her husband. The good thing for her is that she ends up married to a loving but dumb slow witted husband. (Does this sound familiar to the regular LW readers?) The idiot takes her back and they all live happily ever after! No word on what she is going to do when she wants another baby??? RAAC all the way!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous