All Comments on 'Forgive?'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's the worst crime.

Rape of any kind is the worst of all crimes because it destroys the life and spirit of many beyond the person raped. I believe that rapists should be surgically deprived of the ability to repeat their crime. Great job of writing on a most difficult subject.

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Before

To all who means to rant about divorce and so on: Dont kick someone who is on the ground all wifes are victims and i dont know how hard it is to live as a rape victim!

To you Barry this story is structured but where is a lack of emotions in your stile. I dont mean the words its something in the gutt, where is little in your main person what i see to identify to me or better the reader. But i hope to read you again.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Challenging but good

You choose difficult themes and treat them well. Keep writing and sharing and please ignore the trolls.

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
Five Stars

Nate and Beth are good people who had something bad happen to them, but they reacted with elegance and grace. The drama was well-paced, and the ending was a happy one. Fantastic writing as usual, Mr. James.

-Nora

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
well done story

pretty good story. interesting and well written. rapists of any kind deserve the same treatment.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Very fine story! 5*****

It was sadly too believable. I know too many women who have been in positions close to this. Even those not sexually assaulted carry that scar for life. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bullshit!

Every woman who gets caught cheating these days claims that they were drugged. The real question should be why they put themselves in a position where another man could take advantage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cannot Make a Comment

As a Member of PJT I cannot remark on this .. Other then to say it couldn't have happen to a nicer guy ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another 5* story, thanks.

Please ignore anon 11/17. Who cares what ppl like him think. It is a very good story, only thing is she should have left the conference immediately, returned home and told her husband. But it did work out, sorry for the damage to the perp, but justice was served. Thanks again, more....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I bury would convict me

Sorry, but that assbag would have suffered by my hands immediately. Swift and final justice

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well, depends on if she supported a woman's "right to choose"

If she didn't, then her not having an abortion makes sense. I'd stand with her.

If she did support "abortion rights," she chose the fetus over her husband.

It basically came down to a shit-or-get-off-the-pot moment.

The older I get, the more I hold people responsible for their beliefs, actions, and consequences. No, she didn't deserve to be raped. But isn't that the excuse the so-called "pro-choice" people cite as a reasonable excuse for an abortion ?

As for the asshole who raped her, they'd never find the body.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Good Story

About a man that truly loves his wife.

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 4 years ago

Another well-written story! I enjoyed it - thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why 3 stars?!! Rape her fault.

First time hospital rape kit etc Date rape drug shows up. And!!!

Tape grabbed by cops etc.

Ass-wipe is in jail awaiting trial. If out on bail as Mike said!!!

Know personally over 5 women raped. 2 reported immediately and although embarrassed etc rapists in prison

. Some repotted later after they committed more rapes.!!!

Others too embarrassed and/or scared to report.

Admit some cops and judicial system put victims through hell.

They will pay now or later.

Report,,!!!

jtwheels

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Why is there need for forgiveness for rape? She never put herself in a position to be easily raped at all.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleabout 3 years ago

Forgiveness is hard. Life is hard. This felt like one of those times where it was truly, "Am I better with her, or without her?" Looks like the main character made the right decisions for himself, which is all we can ask. Thanks for sharing.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

She should have told her husband right away and most of the story would have been very different. She had the glass with the date rape drug in it !Getting raped the second time is harder for me to understand, as she could have, and should have, avoided it. Sorry. 4/5

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story! Another 5 BIG FAT SHINNY STARS! Excellent Author, I just wish Authors here would get away from all the hyper hyphenations and dot dot dot's and write like they are submitting for a Novel. Maybe take a few English Literature classes?

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

4 stars. The story was a very well written definite 5 stars until the author ruined it by completely unjustified "I would never wish for someone to suffer his injuries" at the end. That was both out of character for the hero (ok ok the author knows the hero better but still...) and a great disappointment to me as a reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liars, cheaters. Pfft. That's what enables these abusers and rapists. The fact that women DO NOT TRUST their man.

Woman was dead to me at the first lie. The fact ou guys would take her back is a testament to modern society's stupidity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lol, this is a story about a man who gambles his wife. Idiots tend to forget that forgiveness isn't love. Forgiveness is compassion, pity, and humility.

Love can be a reason to forgive. Love can be a reason to be humble. Love can be a reason to take pity. Love can be a reason for compassion.

Love is NOT a reason to be itself, to do itself, or for itself.

Oh and forgiveness in this case is warranted despite the heinous crime, because she DIDN'T TRUST the man she entrusted the REST OF HER LIFE with to SAVE WHAT REMAINED OF HER. Ergo, she didn't respect her husband to BE THE HUSBAND. Reminds you of someone? Yes, that's right. Cheaters.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well written story that had some moments in the storyline where I didn't thing the marriage would survive. She should have brought the date rape to the police and her husband immediately but that didn't happen, and she is fortunate her husband was understanding. Losing the rape baby was a blessing as it would have always been a reminder of what happened. The 4.5 million didn't hurt then either. Interesting read. 5++stars

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 2 years ago

Could be true as written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No. Realism vs story!

Wine checked immediately save second rape. Also why be alone with him?!

He doesn't have to be there for search.

Miscarriage easy solution to facing baby.

Supposed relationship and she didn't tell husband after first time!!

Only gave It two stars as I felt generous as you at least wrote it. Although shit

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Major

The major question which was never asked,is why she went back the second week.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story very well written. Difficult topic and some strange choices but it’s the author’s story. *****

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 1 year ago

I gave this story 4 stars, even though deep down I ask myself what is this forgiveness shit? Any man who uses alcohol or a date rape drug to get into a sexual relationship with a married woman deserves to feel the vengeance of a pissed off husband. There is no forgiveness when a predator goes after a married woman. And that bitch in HR should have been charged as an accessory to several rapes. And let me ask, is 4.5 million adequate compensation for attempting to destroy someone's life? I don't think so.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Morning after pill???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
1*

why didn't she called the police and tell her husband right away? and te spec ops guys? really?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written, but a few questions arise 1. why didn't she go to the police, she had the glass for evidence. 2. why did she go on the 2nd trip...she knew he would be there. It just doesn't make sense. Still it merited a solid 4.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Eh it was alright, good writeing and this isn’t the only type of story in your catalog unlike nylon dreams or some of the others who have done renditions of this type of story, I think the problem is in each of these stories the premise is set on the wife either being coerced or forced into not mentioning it to the husband. However if that relationship is a strong enough love I think even with the drugs the wife would be able to be honest with her husband right after. rather I think the premise relies on a lack of communication between spouses. Realistically the wife tells her husband about the d rape and attempted blackmail and the husbands Hugs his wife tells her it’ll be alright then turns his anger towards the scumbag

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...