Forgive and Forget?

Story Info
When you love someone can you ever forgive or forget?
20k words
4.18
22.8k
56
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wanted to write something in a different style so instead of serialising it I've written this as a one-off longer story. As always I deliberated over which genre I should place this in but eventually decided on romance as it is a story about love.

Before the misogynists and moralists amongst you start to comment about what should have happened please remember it's just a story, it isn't real life and it's written this way because it's just the way I wanted things to work out. If you want a different ending then please feel free to write your own.

I appreciate feedback about the story, both good and bad, but trolling, moronic comments will be removed.

Enjoy.

FORGIVEN or FORGOTTEN?

'19:45'

Robert Carver stared up at the glowing red numerals on the kitchen clock and shook his head ruefully. Stephanie, his wife of three years, was late, again. When she had left for work that morning she had promised him faithfully that she would be home by 7 p.m. at the very latest.

It wasn't unusual for her to have to stay a little later during the week but he knew that on a Friday at five o'clock her boss, Clayton Henderson, closed the office and insisted that everyone went for at least one drink after work. Steph hadn't been with the company very long and, keen to make a good impression, she felt compelled to join the rest of the staff.

Rob understood her motivation but it was still grating on him when it impacted on their precious time at the week-ends.

She had invited him to the first couple of Friday evening get togethers but he had felt so out of place at them he had declined to go to any more.

None of her colleagues had really spoken to him, not that that surprised him. They were all from the high-profile marketing company and quite glamorous and outgoing while he was an IT geek who got his hands dirty for a living.

Add to that the fact that he had told his wife that he thought her boss Clay, as he insisted everyone call him, was an egotistical sleaze bag who had designs on anything in a skirt, meant that she was more than happy that he didn't come again.

He tried not to complain about it but, after three months, he was starting to feel that he was coming second to her job, although he also accepted it was partly his fault for not making more of an effort.

Sighing resignedly, he was just about to turn off the oven and eat by himself for yet another Friday when he heard the front door open.

"Sorry. I lost track of time babe."

Stephanie rushed in, dropping her coat and bag, and gave him a brief kiss on the cheek.

"Is dinner ready?"

"Yeah, it's a bit overdone but still just about edible, I think."

She giggled, "Great, I'm absolutely starving. Just give me five minutes to shower and I'll be back down."

Rob had just finished setting the table and was just starting to dish up their meal when his wife reappeared in a t-shirt and a pair of casual shorts.

"You know you spoil me." She kissed him and settled into her seat, ready to eat, "This looks absolutely fabulous."

"Well, one of us has to earn the money while I try to get my business off the ground." He smiled back at her trying to hide his feeling of impotency at the fact she was the main breadwinner.

"And how are things going on that front?" Steph enquired between mouthfuls of food.

As always it felt like an accusation to him.

Several months prior Rob had, with his wife's blessing, set up on his own building customised IT packages, comprising of both hardware and software solutions.

Leaving a well-paid job with a large multi-national company had been a gamble and, as yet, he had only managed to acquire a few small contracts with local businesses. It was enough to keep him going but he needed to expand his customer base and, if possible, sign a much larger client.

"Much the same. I have enough work to keep things ticking over but not much else."

Steph reached across the table and squeezed his hand, "It will happen Rob. I'm certain that you'll get a break soon. You'll see."

"I hope you're right."

She smiled, "I know I am but in the meantime I can keep us going so you don't have to worry."

The couple had discussed Rob's going out on his own for a while but it wasn't until Stephanie had been offered a new, better paying job, at McMillan & Henderson, that he had finally taken the plunge. They knew it would take some time to get his business going so her new improved income would have to support them for a while.

However, more than four months on and things were still moving slowly for Rob, he had taken on a few small companies but nothing close to the major client he really needed to get established.

In that time his wife had settled into her job and, after passing her probationary term, was enjoying some spectacular success having already been promoted to the role of a full account executive.

"Yeah I know. I really thought I had a chance when I had that meeting with old man Jacobs but then he decided to go with someone bigger at the last minute."

"Well, that's their loss." His wife said as she started to focus on eating.

"So, what kept you at the bar?" Rob enquired casually after a minute or two.

"Just Clayton. He wanted to discuss the new account that we're working on."

"What the whole company or is it just you and him?" He was immediately apprehensive.

His wife didn't look up at him, keeping her attention on her food, "Um... it's just Clayton and me... at the moment."

"I see...." He let his sentence trail off, his expression one of disapproval.

Steph glanced up at him knowing what he was thinking, "Don't look at me like that. He's my boss."

"I don't trust him, that's all."

"Him.... Or me?" She responded rather more tartly than she intended.

"You know I trust you but he just strikes me as a real lecher." Rob tried to keep his tone relaxed but failed miserably.

It didn't work and he could see Stephanie starting to get irritated.

"We've talked about this before Rob. He's the boss of the bloody company and he's married. What do you think he's going to do? Jump on me one day."

"No. It's just that..."

"Just what Rob? What exactly do you think we're going to get up to?" His wife asked angrily, slamming her knife and fork down on the table.

"I... I... nothing... it's just..."

"If you don't trust me then just say it. I took this job so I could support us while you started your own business." She continued to rant at him, "Perhaps if you got off your arse and got some customers we could think about us for a change."

They both wanted children, they had agreed that when they married, but he had wanted to get his new enterprise off the ground before they started a family.

Finishing her tirade, she got up, leaving the rest of her dinner untouched.

"I'm going to bed. Don't bother joining me."

With that statement she stormed out of the room leaving him sitting alone.

Rob put down his cutlery, his appetite suddenly gone, and sat back wondering where things had started going wrong for them.

He had been 22 when he met Stephanie Franscombe during his final year at university.

They were both attending a career seminar and, as fate arranges these things, they both walked up to the same stall at the same time. He couldn't, for the life of him, remember which company it had been and had simply found himself totally smitten by the tall, slim blonde standing next to him.

Twenty years old, the 5' 8" Steph was just a few inches below his six foot one and had been wearing skin tight jeans which clung to her long legs and a figure-hugging top which showed off what he later found to be a firm, willowy 34B-23-34 figure. With long blonde hair that hung well below her shoulder blades and ice blue eyes she had grabbed the company rep's attention as well as his.

Fifteen minutes later they had walked away from the stand without him able to remember a single word of what the guy manning the stall had said.

She had smiled at him, said goodbye, and gone to move away when, taking a chance, he had invited her for coffee.

When she had readily accepted he felt like he had won the lottery and all the way to the coffee shop he was walking on air.

Chatting over their cappuccino's it quickly became clear to the pair of them that they had a lot in common and it appeared that Rob's interest in Steph was very much reciprocated by her.

A dinner date followed that same night and it was just a week later that they had sex for the first time. Neither of them were virgins, although on the other hand neither of them had a great deal of experience, but they took a lot of time and had a lot of fun discovering each other and learning what each of them liked.

Rob had proposed after she had graduated and three months later they had married in a small registry office ceremony with just family and friends present.

Renting a small 2-bedroom house and starting work, life had been close to perfect for them and, despite having to be careful with money, they had been idyllically happy. They both eventually wanted children but agreed they needed to be settled in their careers before they started a family.

Things had progressed slowly and three years on they had agreed that Rob should start up his own business while Stephanie had changed jobs and, for a time, became the primary breadwinner.

It was then that things had started to go downhill.

The pressure on them to succeed had grown, the demands on Stephanie's time at work had increased while Rob had struggled to get his new venture off the ground.

At the same time sex had become less frequent and they had started to argue more, usually over the same thing; their work.

Sitting at the dinner table and trying hard he struggled to see a way out for them if things stayed the way they were.

Sighing, resigned to spending the night alone, Rob stood up slowly and collected the dishes, heading out to the kitchen to clear up before organising his sleeping arrangements.

_____________________

Waking up on the sofa the next morning Rob found himself with a stiff back, a sore neck and a desperate need to pee.

"Shit." He murmured quietly as he stretched and, grimacing painfully, got to his feet.

It was still early, earlier than he would normally have been up at the weekend but he knew he had to move around and ease the ache in his joints.

Coming back from the bathroom he made himself a coffee and sat in the kitchen staring out of the window aimlessly at the early morning sunshine.

'Was she fucking Clayton?'

Almost as soon as the thought popped into his head he dismissed it.

There was no way she would cheat on him, Steph loved him, he was certain of that. But what about her boss? He was about as trustworthy as a cornered cobra.

'Still. Best to keep an open mind and a watchful eye.'

Dismissing the idea of his wife having an affair from his mind he decided to just be vigilant and went back to gazing into space.

"Do I get a cup or do I have to make my own?" Steph was standing in the doorway wearing a large baggy t-shirt and a pair of boy shorts.

"I guess I'll make you one." With a sigh Rob got up and went to the coffee maker unsure about whether he was still getting the cold-shoulder or not.

"I'm sorry babe. It's all my fault." Moving up behind him Stephanie slipped her arms around her husband, resting her head on his back, "I guess work is just getting to me lately."

"I'm sorry to. I really do trust you and I know I don't have to worry." Rob told her, not absolutely sure he meant what he said.

Determined not to spoil their weekend he put any thoughts about his wife and her boss to the back of his mind and poured her a cup, forcing himself to relax.

That night his concerns were forgotten, at least for the time being, when they went out and had a romantic meal at a nice restaurant. Afterwards, once they were home, he lay in bed and watched as Steph stepped out of the bathroom and, letting the last of her clothing fall to the floor, advanced on him totally naked.

'Was her boss enjoying her like this?'

The thought flashed through his mind as she stood in front of him.

Then, just as quickly, it was forgotten when she slipped under the covers and Rob was able to pull her towards him. Forcing aside the momentary uncertainty that had flickered in his brain, he kissed her ardently.

Her response was equally as zealous and for a few minutes their tongues played together while their hands wandered freely over the others body.

Eventually her fingers found his shaft, closing around it and lightly pumping along its length. At the same time his mouth kissed teasingly down her neck and onto her body searching for her breasts, latching greedily onto her hardened nipples.

"Oh fuck.... Rob... aaahhhhhh, yes."

The gasp of desire that fell from his wife's lips sent a shiver of lust through him.

Feasting on her sensitive buds he suckled hungrily, tormenting them mercilessly and sending little bursts of pleasure radiating out from her puckering areola.

"Enough... stop, stop... I want to taste you."

Pushing him away she lowered her mouth to his cock, flicking her tongue around the bulbous tip, wetting it with her saliva, before taking the first few inches of his rigid pole between her lips.

'Does she suck her boss' dick like this?'

Even as she swallowed his cockhead Rob couldn't stop himself from thinking the worst, and the image of her doing this for Clayton Henderson formed, unbidden, in his head.

"Ahhhh... fuck!" He groaned at the sensations her mouth was creating in his dick, temporarily forgetting the vision.

"Muuurrrmmmmmm... Muurrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!"

Slurping wetly on his manhood she started to bob her head steadily, working her lips up and down his shaft. As she did Rob's head fell back, the picture of his wife, on her knees, fellating her boss now reappearing in his brain.

Even if he had wanted to stop he knew he couldn't, he wanted her and the things she was doing to him clearly indicated she was feeling just as horny as he was.

"Jesus Christ, stop Steph... stop for God's sake..... before I cum."

With a giggle she let him slip out from between her lips. making a wet plopping sound, a thread of saliva hanging from her mouth connecting it to his erection.

"Don't you want to cum then?" Stephanie pouted naughtily; her ice-blue eyes wide.

"Yes I do, but I want to come in your pussy." He told his wife easing her onto her back, her legs spreading open for him as he mounted her.

"Oh yes Rob, yes... take me... please baby, I want you inside me."

She breathed huskily into his ear as he started to enter her, his iron hard prick slowly burrowing between her moist labia and into her wet entrance. Inch by solid inch he filled her with his hardness, his thick pole stretching her open until the tip pressed up towards her cervix.

"Fuck me baby... just... fuck... me." She reached for him, her sexy voice murmuring in his ear.

Keen to obey Rob did exactly as he was instructed and began to thrust firmly into his wife, her legs wrapping around his as her hips rose up off the bed to meet his deep strokes. Starting slowly, he drove his manhood deep into her welcoming body, feeling the velvet softness of her sex tighten around him.

"Yes... oh yes, yes.... fuck me... just.... ahhhhhhhh!" Throwing her head back Stephanie cried out, her arms now flung wide with her hands clutching at the bedcovers.

Pumping his shaft faster into her slick wet tunnel the image in Rob's head of his wife blowing her boss evaporated, only to be immediately replaced with one of Steph, naked and spreadeagled beneath the rutting figure of Clayton Henderson.

'Was she cheating on him?'

'She had told him she wasn't and he trusted her, didn't he?'

'But he didn't trust her sleaze bag of a boss.'

In spite of the worries that started to filter through his thoughts he continued to plunge into her, pistoning his hardness as deep into her pussy as he could. With his balls swinging against her arse on every stroke he made, her nether lips clung around his throbbing erection, caressing it and guiding him towards his apex.

Pounding away at her, their flesh slapping together, the image in his head faded as his lust took over and they both surged towards the ultimate moment.

"It's so deep... Oh God Rob... I'm... I'm gonna...." Her squeals got louder as she writhed under him, her climax rushing to claim her.

A tiny, almost insignificant part of him was still fixated on the idea that her boss might be fucking her while the larger, more dominant side was lost in the moment as he hammered his length into her, desperate for his own release.

"Cummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!"

Convulsing wildly Steph came, her body jerking and spasming against his as her orgasm consumed her, sending wave after wave of ecstasy radiating out through every part of her.

"Uhhhh.... Uhhhh.... oh fuck... oh Steph!" With one final gasp Rob plunged into her, sheathing his spear in her wet depths as it pumped his precious seed into her womb.

For several long seconds they lay together, panting for air, overcome with the sheer euphoria of the moment.

Finally getting his breath back, Rob eased his slowly softening prick out of his wife's gaping sex, a dribble of his semen following his exit, and rolled over onto his back leaving her to snuggle in against him.

"Hmmmmm.... that was nice." She whispered, her head resting on his shoulder.

'Does Clayton get to enjoy you like this?'

'Do you cum for him like you do for me?'

'Is his seed still inside you when you come home after going for drinks on a Friday?'

He didn't answer her as his concerns over her fidelity grew in his mind once again.

He knew sleep would not come easy and he lay there for some time, staring up at the ceiling, while Steph quickly dozed off and snored gently beside him.

Sleeping in until past ten on the Sunday morning the two of them enjoyed a late brunch and then spent the remainder of the day doing various household tasks, all of which kept Rob occupied and his mind off of his worries.

It wasn't until they were back in bed later that evening that he let himself wander back to reflect on his suspicions, knowing it would be another restless night for him.

____________________

Despite Stephanie's protestations that nothing was going on he still wasn't totally convinced and determined to keep a watchful eye on his wife over the following week.

It proved to be a fruitless task and even though she worked till six or more every night there wasn't the slightest indication she was being unfaithful. However, she hadn't been scheduled to travel for work that week and there was still the regular Friday evening drinks to get through.

"Are you coming tonight?" Steph asked him as usual while she got ready for work that morning, not expecting him to say yes.

"Do I really have to?" He pulled a face, "You know I hate how bloody pompous they all are, especially your arsehole of a boss, Clayton 'aren't I wonderful' Henderson."

"You really should give them a chance Rob. They aren't that bad and you never know, you might enjoy yourself."

"Yes they are that bad. You just don't see it."

She stopped partway through fastening her tan stockings to the clasps on her suspender belt and glared at her husband.

"Suit yourself. I'll be home by seven."

'Just like last Friday.' He thought to himself but held back from actually saying it.

Rob spent his morning working in the second bedroom that doubled as his office. He was still trying to find the first big contract that would get his business properly off the ground but, in the meantime, he still had a number of smaller clients that had paid for his services.