All Comments on 'Founders Ch. 75'

by KSweetums

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
KSweetumsKSweetumsover 2 years agoAuthor

By popular acclaim (including emails and other communications) Anming lives. Good thing, because I'm three chapters past here already, and this is the way I originally wrote it.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

I hate that Zack gets hurt so often. I feel for him and have hope he can deal with his pain. Anming is perfect for him. Thank you that she survied.

KSweetumsKSweetumsover 2 years agoAuthor

Re: Zach being hurt. I could go into a lot of details about his relationship with each of his crewmates. But it boils down to this. He's a square peg in a round hole, a man used to one on one relationships suddenly thrust into this complex polyamorous situation. The women, also, don't know how to handle it. So Zach is often artless, and the women are often artless.

Take Colby, for example. She is genuinely infatuated with Zach. When Colleen encourages her to get some relief from her jealousy of the other women by broadening her horizons as well, she grudgingly goes about it. Except all she's ever known is serial monogamy, supplanting one man in her life with another. So of course, she's artless and hurtful about it. It's difficult for her to communicate about it, even. This is part of what the whole crew is working through.

So even given the even tempered natures of these individuals, there are feelings to be worked through. Since the story is generally from Zach's POV, you see more of his internal struggles than others. It might seem like he's the one getting beat up on, but that's only his POV and perhaps some of his challenging position as the anchor man. But this is being a challenge for everybody.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What abortion…?!?!?!?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous