All Comments on 'Frank and Cookie'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
zed0zed0over 12 years ago
O M G !

Hey Everybody - Bob grew balls! Right ON!

SpiritogreSpiritogreover 12 years ago
Benefit of the doubt.

Good story!

He should have checked her mobile, though. To see if she really called her mom and her mom called her back. That would have supported her story.

On the other hand teasing and kissing and making out in the car definetly is a way of cheating. Probably she didn't have sex but she is no spy or actress to have to do such things without her husbands consent.

NormCastleNormCastleover 12 years ago
Somebody

needs anger management....

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
This was one hell of a story

JPB got 10 stars from me.

judge1179judge1179over 12 years ago
Great Story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of your best! There were a few typos but they didn't detract from the story whatsoever. You should write a book!

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Good Job!

Did she or didn't she? Only three people know for sure. Jason, Cookie, and JPB.

She was either a TLW, or a TBFH total bitch from hell.

I think the former!

Thank you!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
The wife SHOULD divorce him on the grounds of being a fucking Idiot.

First because he was dumb enought to marry her... then she OBVIOUSLY cheats and gets away with it.

Lets assume Cookie in High school did not REALLY thin of Frank as a Man or a Boyfriend. Ok .... shit happens. So WHY marry her?

Simply as a matter decency and basic human rights Frankie is treated worse than Dog shit by her. Cookie isnt EVIL per se... She simply has a severe and marriage crippling character flaw. She did NOT " forget" that after promising him for 2 years that he...Frank...would be her 1st date. She simply never thought that her promise to frank meant anything .

The opposite of Love is Indifference NOT hate.

Her story regarding jason cannot possibly be true.... and it is well a little shocking that there are so many stupid people out there who think her story *MIGHT * be true.. CONSIDER what she lied about :

1. girls night out

2 lied about Jason being back in town

3. Lied -- by omission --about not seeing him

4 then when confront she Lied about what she was doing with Jason when they did meet

5. Frank gives her 1 last warning in the morning

6. After dinner Cookie finally tells her side of things. . At this point she has full knowledge about how much trouble their marriage is in becuase of her actions... what does she do?

LIES again?? Cookie Lied about Kissing him... lied about at first wanting to see him and have sex with him. and she 100% lied her ass off about the make out session in the car.

At this point... the issue of Cookie and Jason is kind of superflous

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
Nice, Mr. Just Plain Bob

But I never know, as I begin one of your stories, whether it is a cautionary tale for husbands, telling them to watch a wife carefully, or a cautionary tale for a husband telling him to carefully watch his temper. After reading this fine story, I am still not sure which of these cautions I should take away from the tale. Both?

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Well written

Though frank seems to be a loser and cookie an arrogant bitch, these are real characters that you can see everywhere and the behavior is also believable and consistent.

Personal preference for the story would be for Frank to not settle for second place after cookie explicitly mentions that she doesn't regard him as a boy friend ( and in fact not even as a friend, seeing how she could easily lie and disregard the first date promise).

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
Strange sense of . . .

. . . morality between characters, JPB. Frank can get all moral and bent out of shape about Cookie being dishonest about dating Jason behind her husband's back, but rules of honesty don't apply to Frank. I think the issue that would make a good story is comparison of the back dating of fraudulent memos Frank had his uncle prepare to protect his business from community property rules to the clear desire Cookie had to renew a relationship with an old flame serious boyfriend.

It seems to me that the case can be made that Frank committed the deed while Cookie thought about going the distance and pulled back. Who is at fault when morality is judged here?

I think you missed a good chance to tell an intersting tale JPB, but the first couple of pages about the trials and tribulations of teenage love were excellent.

likeboblikebobover 12 years ago
just wondering

how many times are you going to post the same story?

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 12 years ago
If rank does not posess the business

why would it be necessary to back date the letters? Insurance? Just sayin'

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Hope he runs his business better then his marriage !

Is JPB on meds? Where's the shock ? Where's the sex ? Who stole his crisp wry dialogue ? I kept waiting for a big finish that never quite came . The story was ok and the characters never quite unmasked never made the quantum leap to the orbit beyond moderate interest.

This is a drone tale that teeters on being tiresome. If this was a play from a baseball game it would be a scratch bunt single. The JPB I knew always swung for the fences . I'm looking for a return to form with his next submission. If history holds true , you can't keep a heavy hitter down long.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
The question foremost in my mind

Is exactly who is Pauline French?

Four for a reused plot. But very nice writing.

john1946john1946over 12 years ago
Thanks

A bit different but so what. A fun story

JonTaylorJonTaylorover 12 years ago
Good Writing - Implausible (gullible times ten) Lead Character

Welcomje back JPB. Missed you.

Your light humorous prose saved this one. Poor bastard goes back for more cucking and then more and then more. And then ends up setting himself up for even more at the end. Chapter 2 - Jason gets out of jail, yada yada.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AND A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL

leaving the att. not any richer. TK U MLJ LV NV

tituslucretiustituslucretiusover 12 years ago
The thing I like about JPB...

...is that he doesn't really give a fat happy rat's hindquarters what anyone things of his stories. Commenters get on here and rant and rave, or (in this case) compliment him on "finally growing a pair," and next week he'll publish whatever he damn well pleases.

You go, Bob.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
frank was a dipshit

It was obvious in school the CUN....I mean Cookie didn't give a flying fuck about him. He should have never taken her back as a friend, let alone a lover. I have few doubts that she fucked Jason. The whole frame up could have been her safety play to keep that dumb fuckin Frankie payin the bills. I had the feeling that she fucked Frankie so hard on the eve of her girls night out was in case Jason knocked her up, she could let twitterfuck raise the bastard.

Nice story JPB.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Well written.

Would never happen. You cannot treat women like shit and expect them to be interested in you when you are just a dumb ass that is still in the 11th grade at age 16.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Enjoyed the tale

Enough unknown to keep the reader guessing, which is fun and makes for fodder fort commentators. I enjoyed the way the tale was told. I don't need to get into the did she/didn't she discussion-it's fiction, after all. And, the wife's explanation and the evidence to support it seems more convincing than not. At the end of the day, a spouse has to give his spouse the benefit of the doubt, or there isn't any marriage at all. But, the facts, if Cookie was telling the truth, are still pretty damning: secret lunches that she keeps from hubby for 3 months; 2 make-out sessions with the asshole (even if it was to "bust" him with his wife, etc.), and again not bringing hubby into her plan. Those incidents are betrayals in and of themselves. Maybe not deal-breakers, but pretty serious. Why in god's name did she decide to take it upon herself to bust her old boyfriend to his wife? She could have just broken it off. Plus, were 1/2 hour makeout sessions necessary? I imagine after he made his move, she could have simply taped him propositioning her. It doesn't really make much sense to this reader. Anyway, it is what it is. And, it is entertaining.

tgonz82tgonz82over 12 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Thanks for sharing this story with us. I found it compelling and well told. Nice job!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
I liked Frank

A protagonist I might have written about. Makes up his mind as to what happened and turns out it didn't. Characters are not black and white, do good things and bad things. Jason must have been great in bed as he taught Cookie all about sex and pleasing a man. But he was still an asshole.

Good story.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read!!!!

Thanks for sharing Bob! Have a happy holiday!!!

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
You know what is great about this story?

You resisted the standard cheating wives formula.

The girl just doesn’t understand honesty and you just know she’s going to screw the guy.

They are going to get a divorce and the wife will be heartbroken that she made such a stupid mistake.

He will go back to his old girlfriend who realizes that he is the one for her.

But apparently she doesn’t screw the guy. She cheats, but she leaves a small opening because she doesn’t’ have intercourse. Of course there is also enough to justify considering divorce. So really there is something for everyone to think and argue about.

While this story was not as good as some of your best, it was still a pretty good read overall.

Thanks JPB.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Dwornock

Writes that you cannot treat women like shit and have them still be interested in you. I think he just does not know women. When I was young, in general I wasn't a jerk. However, I do remember breaking a date with a woman by just not showing up. Something else had come up and I just didn't have time to get in touch with her. The next day she was on my case about not showing up. I was completely unapologetic and told her what I'd done and why. Of course she thought our date was more important than what I'd done, but I told her I just had to. So guess what happened? Did she scream and throw stuff at me? Nope. She took me out to dinner and then home to her bed. Go figure, but guys if it wasn't another woman that I'd stood her up for(It wasn't) this is the more likely out come then not.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Bad cookie

I generally liked Frank as a character. His intentions are good and he sticks up for himself. Cookie, on the other had, has a major problem with honesty. When she wants something she is completely comfortable being dishonest to get it. At first you think it is because she is immature. But years later she is doing the same thing. This is apparently who she is. She wanted to go out with Jason (no relation) and so she did. She is quite vague about why she was so happy when Jason was in town and testy when he left. It sounded like the convenient lie that it probably was. And Frank VERY clearly warned her that he knew what she was doing and that didn't wake her up and stop her from going on her "girls night out"? Amazing!

Another point, Frank's mom was a moron. Frank stated his case quite well. Cookie broke her promise and she lied to him. Frank's mother makes it all about Cookie possibly not feeling as close to Frank as he did about her. Sure that was disappointing but Frank reiterated several times that it was breaking her promise and lying that he was mad about. That's a pretty good reason to end a friendship.

And Cookie has to be a complete moron to not understand Frank's point about Jason acting like an asshole. Jason's actions were far from subtle. Putting aside the disconnect about their feelings for each other, if someone calls my long time friend an ass wipe, I'm going to be upset and think less of the person for doing it.

Cookie follows up by secretly reconnecting with Jason. She again makes the same dopey excuse, "I didn't tell you because you and Jason didn't get along." Well duh, now that you are married your allegiance to your husband should be stronger than to an old boyfriend. It should be enough that your husband doesn't like him. End of story. Hubby seems to get along OK with most other people so maybe, just maybe the problem is Jason. But Cookie can't seem to figure that out.

The funny thing is, I believe her about her reunion with Jason. I think she realized he was an asshole. But the problem came about because she lied to and disrespected her husband and started having lunches with Jason. With her actions in high school and now, she isn't a very sympathetic character. Maybe she didn't sleep with Jason but she did break promises and lie. If I was Frank I'd be insisting on a post nup with an infidelity clause.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A very fast moving and interesting story

Well done Bob, I enjoyed the read. Thanks

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Very Fine Story

Personally, I hate liars and would have gotten a divorce... Except for the problem of JR. Basically he was stupid to date her and knock her up. You know with her track record I would have really considered demanding a DNA matchup... The marraige probably could not have stood the strain but then the iniative to split up would have either been fueled by Cooky's outrage or her lie....

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Did she or didn't she: that's the question

Did she or didn’t she? Now, that’s the 64.000 dollar question… Either she is the most dishonest conniving wife or otherwise she’s one of the dumbest…

Given their prior history and the way Cookie acted, I think the former is the more viable explanation and she only managed to once more successfully lie her way out of trouble. After all, as youths, she never kept her promises to Frank, lied to him repeatedly and treated him pretty much like dirt. Afterward they only got married because Cookie got pregnant. Chances are that without the impregnation their story together would never have went that far and it would have petered out as it did before.

What she did with Jason definitely did not pass the husband test. It’s very hard to believe those make out sessions were all an elaborate plan to humiliate him. Methinks something’s rotten in the state of Denmark. If she really was honest with him when she “fessed up” and was merely playing along with her old boyfriend in order to humiliate him, she would be extremely dumb, which she previously never showed to be. Untrustworthy yes, dumb no.

Frank on the other hand seems to be a sucker for punishment. He breaks of contact with Cookie multiple times, but he somehow seems to be attracted to her like a moth to a candle flame, always going back for more. Although when he caught her in lies, he reacted correctly, Frank showed weakness in going back to Cookie time after time. I wonder when the string will break because somehow I don’t see this marriage lasting. If she once more pulled wool over his eyes, she’ll do it again and get caught eventually red-handed. If she was honest in her story, she’ll probably along the way do another damn stupid thing. Either scenario probably ends in heartbreak and divorce.

PS1: What would be appropriate though is a companion story giving Cookie’s side. There we could find out which of the two premises is true.

PS2: You definitely seem to like the name “Frank”, don’t you?

PS3: I read the story plot of the wife (mis)leading her lover on in order to humiliate him in an other story. Can’t remember the name or author though… So the plot’s not entirely new. But well written as usual. Therefore four stars.

daveftworthdaveftworthover 12 years ago
Good story

She never would be able to explain the long lunches....It was obvious her relatonship was much more intimate..she probably was planning on leaving.

phill1cphill1cover 12 years ago
Like the comments posted

C'mon, in real life, this is not a viable situation. If my wife deceived me with another man, the same man she opted over me, I would have to believe that she wanted this man over me. Since this has never happened to me, i like to think that I would simply learn to let her go. But, in real life, people lose their lives over this kind of thing.

Moreover, when you've matured, it's more cognitive than emotional, i think. Attractions happen, but the same guy from high school?! The newness was clearly over. So, i don't see her doing this to her husband if the marriage was at all healthy. And, yeah, the betrayal was the secret meetings, no matter what did or didn't happen. I believe, as a husband, I would be very upset and would not let things play out. I would confront my wife immediately. If she had feelings, let her admit it then and deal with them.

Maybe, the real problem was that he was more addicted to her than in love with her and never truly let her go in the first place. She never felt she couldn't get him back, even after they were married. Cookie didn't respect him enough. And he accepted that lack of respect. He needs to kick her to the curb, liberate himself emotionally, and let her sweat for some extended time. Oh, and find a way to find out what really happened. There must be some objective evidence out there.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
good yarn

liked it - not sure about cookie swapping spit with old lover - more like she had the tapes as part of being a lying cunt, and sent them off to cover herself.

and while i am here - has anyone seen a story about a 40+ wife that cockolds her husband - where she gets a message at home on the recorder to go to an address and the husband sees a flyer showing it is some type of black fuck white club. wife comes home, husband has been drinking and she says she will not talk to him when he has been drinking. then my fucking computer went down and i cant find the rest of the story.

but this one was good.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
If she oves you as much as she says she does?

She's lied to him and disrespected him all the way through this story and I'm supposed to believe she's finally seen the light? I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. There is a fine line between 'trusting' and 'gullible' but our hero has passed that and isn't too far away from 'flat out stupid.'

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
excellent

Even by your standards. The description of teen pride and angst were spot on. I, for one, believe the wife's story. Some girls do stupid things, and some women do too. I find it easy to believe that she was bitter about how he was treating his wife, and grateful for what she had at home. It still straineed the bonds of trust, though, and that's believable too. Overall, a very enjoyable read.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

Excellent story about a lucky ending marital crisis. He decided on closeing divorce proceding and forgiving Cookie and I think he decided well against the secret dates.

He was not a wimp and it is natural thing he will not have 100% trust in Cookie for a decade!

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
If JPB turned to romantic........

If I were Cookie I suggest Frank to try a second (DNA test proof) childen to close the marital crisis.

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3over 12 years ago
Great story about the power of trust!

Just like in real life no can go around and follow your spouse. You either trust them or not. Cookie's story has so many holes in it. Why didn't she bring Frank in on her revenge once she found about what an asshole Jason was? Then she wouldn't have to lie about the girl's night out. Remember Jason had been violent before so who was going to protect her if he became anger when she stood him up? Also, Cookie never could explain her mood swings when Jason came to town. On one hand 3 months is a pretty short time to dump Frank and JR (unless they had been communicating before) but Jason had been her clear choice earlier. Perhaps Cookie was not that dumb so she taped their meetings in case Jason did not go through with his promises. It was also possible that just like Frank saw her she spotted him since she was on the lookout during her lunches with Jason. This story would be a great one to write it from Cookie's POV. Thanks for a great story!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Trust is SO important

Really well done story thanks -

It makes the point very well about how hard it is to regain faith in someone who betrays you once then twice, then three times?? Or maybe not so much or - or ??

Lol he is a stronger man than many of us -

tiredandoldtiredandoldover 11 years ago
Damn!

I can't quite figure you out. It may not be worthwile to continue with you. I read one story like this and think you are pretty damn good. Then I pick out another, say 'Dorothea' and think maybe you died before finishing. Later, I checked out any number of your other stories and find that you mass produce such drivel that the old dime novel authors look like Shakespeare. Just what is your issue?

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
People's lives don't just end

Well, they do but is he supposed to continue the story until they croak?

Seriously people, do you need a pink bow and a 'Happily Ever After' at the end of every story?

If so, Stang will suit you just fine. Bob writes the stories during the periods there is drama and tension. A couple S-L-O-W-L-Y reconcilling is good for a 120 minute chick flick, not a 5 page Lit story.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

I understand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
endings

I think you ask yourself which ending will piss people off the most, and go with it. She was a habitual liar since the day he met her. His eyes didn't lie. Later bitch. Tell your lies to someone else. Life is too short to forever look over your shoulder. Pauline gets another shot......and frankly, I would have gotten a dna test. She was a slut.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
GUILT BY ASSOCIATION

where does the juror render a verdict. TK U MLJ LV NV

wizardglickwizardglickover 9 years ago
I always love your stories

Seriously, this was one of your best ones

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
But this wasn't the first time shame on you

She'd been lying since high school. I can't believe he married the lying, cheating slut. He had it right the first time. He should never have believed a word that came out of her mouth and never married her. Now it's time for a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just so you'll know

Simple assault is generally a misdemeanor, and would be tried without a jury before a lower level court magistrate or judge, and again, generally, be appealable by right to a higher level court, where you can get a jury. I would assume that you'd always do that rather than accept having a criminal record. By the way, I am a lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well.......

Lying does come easy for her, there was a couple of long lunches and - making out in a car for half an hour can be a serious wet panty event so...

I tend to believe her this time around although - her school years history does make it difficult.

Anyway, thanks Bob.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Thoughts

"Just because you feel that strongly about her doesn't mean that she has the same strong feelings for you.”

It’s not that her feelings for him aren’t as strong as his for her – it’s that she LIED; she promised her first date to him, then went out with Jason when she expected Frankie to be out of town.

At least Pauline was honest with him, she wasn’t planning on being faithful while she was away at college, and didn’t expect him to be either.

And while her explanation of Frankie's hatred for Jason makes SOME sense for her not telling him about Jason, that doesn't explain her REPEATED lunch meetings with Jason KNOWING, as she herself admits, Frankie's antipathy towards Jason.

If her love for Frankie was so true, all she had to do was tell him the first time she heard from Jason - if nothing was going on she didn't need to worry about Frankie's reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

Just seeing how involved in the protagonists' lives the other commenters feel says it all. Very real. This stuff happens to real people because real people are screwed up. You are clearly a great story teller and prove that you don't need prurient content to be so.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 9 years ago
Loved the story

Well constructed and ( in the real world) I don't think the marriage will last. Her basic personality and willingness to fabricate to cover her past will do her in eventually.

This could be a candidate for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well maybe....

Cookie had a proven history of being a liar. Why would she change and why would he believe her? That seemed like too far a stretch. Nice tale, but I think he's a cuckold and a dumb one at that.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
Did a little experiment

I went to my children (teenagers) and asked them about that whole 'first date' situation, just to see their reactions and to see if what I felt about the story was valid.

All of my kids thought that Cookie was acting immorally and that Frank had the right to be angry. Granted, teens tend to be pretty censorious and operatically outraged.

For me, it wasn't giving the date to a guy she cared about. It was that she didn't do the proper thing and tell Frank.

BUT...this constant outrage, this nattering about her 'lies'. I am willing to bet that every single person here has lied to or not told someone else who was a friend, lover or parent a lie about something they thought was important.

Should they have cut you out of their lives? I don't mind inflicting pain on them when they lie. I am less sanguine about cutting them out completely. People are flawed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow, talk about dejavu!

This story mirrored my own by about 70%.

"I followed them to a Denny's and the entire thing was a repeat of the day before only this time they necked for over a half hour before Jason drove her back to work."

I married my own, 'Cookie' after she left me for another guy, this one named Thomas. Although they had split because he cheated on her, she still had strong feelings for him, something she had admitted to me when pressed. But although she had left me for him while we were in school, he carved another notch into his headboard with her cherry. Hers was just one of many.

But then we got back together long after Thomas had split the scene, moving 1200 miles away to Kalifornia. After 9 months I proposed, 9 more and we were married. My 'Cookie' relieved me of my own cherry and sex with her was fantastic, but something always bothered me and that was she wasn't as tight as I had read a pussy would be. Finally I asked her, a few years after we were married and yet, it the worst thing I could imagine, Thomas had a horse sized cock and she had never really snapped back after he pounded her with that baseball bat. According to her, she had once measured him at 9" long and 7 1/2" around. Giant sized by any means of measurement and my own measly 7 1/2" at 6" around, wasn't that much to her.

Like Frank, I didn't know when Thomas moved back. But all the sudden, after 4 years of fucking like rabbits, she wasn't interested. Alarm bells began ringing and I started to worry. That she could cheat on me, never entered my mind. It wasn't until a buddy asked me how long she and I had been separated, that I knew we were over. Bill had to admit to me that Thomas was back in town and Bill had seen him and my wife acting like she wasn't married to me. Apparently when work was over, she went to Thomas's house and was there for over 2 hours each day. She was off at 3:00 and I didn't get home until 6, so I had no idea she hadn't been home all that time.

I took the next day off and was ready. I waited down the street for her to leave for work, then began packing everything I wanted, in my truck. It was sack how little was I owned, or at least, how much I wanted. Pictures were the only thing I had an interest in, as in I didn't want her to have anything. I built a fire in our yard and burned every single one we had, along with deleting everything from our computer, which I took anyway. Then I waited.

I was standing outside Thomas' door when she opened it to walk out that afternoon. It was the first time I ever saw anyone in such shock, her eyes actually rolled back in her head and she dropped to the floor in a dead faint. No wonder, Tom was standing behind her wearing only his boxers and there was little doubt as to what was going on. I looked him straight in the eye after getting over my surprise at seeing her faint dead away and told him his days were numbered and I was the one counting. It didn't matter where or how fast he ran, I was going to be there when he least expected it. Nothing on earth, nothing, could stop me when it came to my retribution.

I moved into a spare room of a friend. He had been divorced, losing his kids when his wife cheated on him and took everything. Pay child and spousal support left him short at the end of each month and me moving in and splitting the bills, gave him a much needed breather.

I had my soon to be ex served at Thomas' house. I waited until she was there before she was served, I wanted that more than anything. She had been calling my cellphone nonstop, first crying, then angry with what I did with our pictures. Even, or especially, I had burned our wedding photo that hung over our mantle. I don't think it was because it was our wedding photo, I think it's because it was one of the only picture that existed of her great grandmother. The server, a sheriff I knew, told me while she didn't faint, she was wobbly when he explained what the papers were that he served her.

She didn't fight it and we were divorced in slightly over 5 months. Soon thereafter, she moved in full time with Thomas and after only a couple more months, she was Mrs. Thomas Clevenger. I was working hard, doing little else but work, putting in sometimes over 80 hours per week and banking pretty good money. In fact, I'd never had so much money and by the next time I saw my ex, about a year later, I had over $100K in the bank. And she knew it, because she worked at the bank I banked at.

It was pretty cool when I heard my ex and Thomas had split. Something about how he'd been cheating on her and finally brought home a bug that let him know there was no way of talking his way out of it! When I heard she had to go to the local clinic to be cured of the clap, chlamydia and syphilis to be exact, I was having breakfast with my best buddy, Bill. I laughed so hard I actually fell out of my booth seat! She had filed for divorce, using the same one I had and she was soon single once again. Thomas moved back to Kalifornia where I happened to track him down at a later date.

I noticed she began showing up places where I was. More than once she attempted to corner me and finally did once at a party I went to, not knowing that there would be so many people, and especially that she might be there. An ex is an ex for a reason and it's best to stay away from ex's. When she corned me I was sitting with two other buddies in a corner talking. She asked to talk and I just told her 'no thanks'. But she wasn't to be deterred and swallowed her pride and asked me if I could ever see there being a chance of us getting back together. I'm not proud of myself but I laughed out loud at her and told her I had no interest in getting back together with a diseased cheater. Of course, she ran out in tears. I caught hell from all the women there who tried to explain she had never stopped loving me.

I bought a little place out of town, only 2 acres but it was pretty secluded. The price was fantastic, only $5K for the whole thing. Over about six months, I had buddies from work over and we build a small cabin on it, 24'x40' with a loft on one end. It started out as a pole building and we finished it with pine inside and out, staining it and man is it beautiful! By the time I moved in, I had less than $20K in it! A half dozen solar panels, batteries and an inverter gave/gives me all the power I need for lights and a computer, along with a submersible water pump.

I didn't know my ex even knew where I lived, but only a few months after I moved in, during the middle of June, I had a BBQ and invited a bunch of friends. Many of them were the women who told me about how much my ex loved me. I shouldn't have been surprised, but when my ex showed up, I was. I didn't invite her, nor did I want her there. But in front of everyone, she asked to be forgiven, explaining in a loud voice, how much she loved me and always had. She also explained what a slut she'd been and had cheated on me, plain and simple. But as she explained, she loved me and wanted to repair our relationship because Thomas wanted her back and swore he'd change his ways. She chose me, if I'd give her a chance.

Since she addressed me in public, I answered her the same way. I explained how much I loved her, always had and always would. That made her smile and I swear she was about to throw herself into my arms. BUT, I went on to say, no matter how much I loved her, I would never trust her again and I couldn't live with someone I couldn't trust. And then I told her the only choice for her was to choose Thomas. She left in tears and while all the woman there were in tears listening to me, none disagreed. The last I heard, she had remarried Thomas, the two of them now have three kids under 5 years old and yes, he still cheats.

Me? I remarried to one of the girls who also came out and helped build my place. We also have two children and couldn't be happier.

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Am I the only one who gets irritated by people who use the comment section to write a complete story?

Get a name and post a story. I'm sorry, but that just irritates me to no end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Too bad, Javmor79

While you enjoy being public, I imagine other like to be a bit more private.

Perhaps you should get over yourself. You're important in your little world, but the rest of us can't live in your head too.

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Another Tom story

Surprise surprise surprise another anonymous Tom fucking my wife story. Annoy leaves them all over loving wifes. It's pathetically fake. Post your stories not as comments.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Well

I happen to enjoy the stories but they are getting a bit tedious with the consistent 'living off the grid in a tiny cabin in paradise' motif.

It's a by the book boilerplate story. And considering how many Robs, Bobs, Bobbies, and Franks JPB has used (not to mention the ubiquitous Pauline French, who has polished more knobs than then Jenna Jameson), I don't find the name too bad.

But yeah, he needs to freshen up the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hmmm

Several things still don't add up. How did Jason know her workplace information? Who gave him her phone number info? Where there's smoke...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I don't believe I just gave JPB 5 stars

But I did. This was well done and even had an ending. A good one at that. I wish he wrote more stories like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bad move

She can not be trusted and he will not have a happy marriage with her.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
Uh oh...

I read this a long time ago, but never voted or commented. So here's my five, and here's my comment. When it comes to good old fashioned story telling JPB is as good as anyone. Now he's not Chekhov, but he's still pretty dog on good.

Thanks and thanks again,

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Teenage to Young Adult Romance

I thought that this was a very realistic and yet romantic story about two peoples' journey from young teen crush to young adult love and romance. Cookie's lies as a teenager are not acceptable, but are understandable that a young inexperienced teenager would lie and be confused about wanting to experience love with a man other than the one she's been close friends with even though he loves her.

As a teenager in high school, every girl I actually dated I was in love with before I got the nerve to ask them out for dates. It always ended up with them dumping me and my heart getting broken every time. They always wanted to stay friends, but I was crushed completely and hurt like hell just being around them. I can't tell you how many times I was turned down by girls to preserve the wonderful friendship they viewed that I had with them. Curse my good guy personality! Being compared to Richie Cunningham from Happy Days sucked!!!

This is a wonderful story with a happy ending that's realistic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It

seems that Pauliine French is everywhere, or it is most common name in USA. 5 by the way 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
same old JPB

his characters are all pathetic brain-dead morons and they keep pulling the same shit over and over. really, a girl can't be that dumb, and a guy can't be that pussy-whipped. just bad writing. 0/5

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 7 years ago
Cookie or cook?

I´ve always loved JPBs stories except this one. When Cookie told Frank off in the cafeteria I saw it. He was not going to be her first date, and her virginity was going to be given to Jason I was sure that if they somehow got married, She was at some point going to leave her marriage to be with Jason. (Two out of three is not bad in my book.) Anyway she never told what went on during those long lunch hours. I went through the motions of reading the rest of the story, but I didn´t enjoy it anymore as my suspicions were coming to light. You just gave it up to early in this story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Loved it

Five stars and very engaging storyline.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 7 years ago
So much of this story

is really so damn realistic as to make me wish I looked over my shoulder more often. From the juniior high bullies and high school lunch dynamics to the shot gun wedding and lunch make out sessions JPB nailed it. What it proves to me is that life is complicated and marriage is hard. If you're a team player and your spouse is too it makes things easier. If one uses deception even if for no other reason than to avoid confrontation then the resulting mistrust makes success much more difficult. The story was not cookie cutter even though the characters seem to be off the rack. The twist was welcome and ending is moderately comfortable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well done until the end

I simply found it impossible to believe her. She's lying through her pearly whites and deserves to be divorced. Good story until the bad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well, Well

I'd say he was the smart cookie. She was more a kook. Although she did seem to smarten up as life proceeded.

Insignia says this story "proves" that life is complicated and marriage is hard. While I agree with his two observations, I'm always amused when someone thinks a fictional story "proves" anything. It may reflect some reality (or falsehood) about life. But it only "proves" that an author can think up some scenario. Whether that scenario is real life is left to the judgment of readers, but is immediately suspect, being in a fictional tale.

Enjoyed this one. 5 stars

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
SHE'S A FUCKING LIAR... JUST LIKE SHE WAS WHEN THEY WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Where's the explanations for all those OTHER loooonnng lunches??? She was fucking him... plain and simple. I figured that, when she FINALLY fucked Frank the night before the 'girls' night out' meeting, she'd stopped taking her birth control and had let Jason impregnate her and was going to say that the birth control failed and put her pregnancy on Frank.

When she came in late from her "girls' night out" Frank should have checked her cunt and panties for Jason's cum so she couldn't deny that she'd fucked him.

First of all, the bitch moved to that school from NEW YORK so she wasn't some naive babe in the woods. She was a savvy, manipulative bitch in the making who perfected her 'craft' while dumb-fuck Frank kept his head buried in his ass and repeatedly convinced himself to let her get away with lying, using him, taking advantage of his feelings and shitting on him.

I don't like this story because another cheating slut got away with it. I gave it 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How do you live with a liar?

And one you don't trust? If every time Cookie goes out he's worrying about what she's doing and who she's seeing why bother? That's a crappy, stressful way to live your life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One More

This is just one more superbly written story by JPB. You may not like the storyline or the outcome but you have to admire the craftsmanship. I read this story in spite of my general rule of avoiding any and all ‘high school romance’ stories. And this one had some of the reasons I avoid such stories. A self-entitled girl who gets off by playing guys against each other. A girl who’s biggest thrill is having guys fight over her. And that’s what Cookie was. Frank should have distanced himself from her in high school and never looked back. Of course that would have shortened the story by two or three pages.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

This was a good story. With Bob, you just don't know until you read it. I'm at about 50/50 now. That's not terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

He should have had her sighn a post nupt stateing that any kind of infeldelity on either party the other party takes half of the sangs keeps house.but she loses any rights to the brake shop. I bet she'll keep her lips to herself or to him only.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dump

He should have dumped her,she as never been honest with him since the day they met.He then should have taken up with Pauline who was always honest and up front with him.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Birthday parties, Christmas presents, anniversary presents...

...these are the things you keep secret from your spouse. Seeing an old flame is not one of them. You tell them, promise your loyalty, and introduce them quickly so everyone knows where they stand. She was very foolish and tempting him to set him up was HUGELY stupid. In the end, he made the right decision. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@ Just_Words

Rightly so.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 4 years ago
I'm guessing...

this is autobiographical. I followed every twist and turn with interest and fascination. He writes so clearly and smoothly one just gets carried along. The story never ends until all but one of the protagonists are dead, I suppose, and then the survivor tells the rest of the story to a grand-child. As for commentators who tell stories in the comment box, I can get fascinated by them too. Not all of us are up to doing the full story-submitting thing! One of his best to be sure, very heart-felt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Is this guy ever going to be truly happy? He is married to a woman that has flat out told him several times he was her second choice, never truly loved him, but only grew to love him over time. And this woman has twice before lied to him to test drive other relationships no matter how you dress it up.

Good gut wrenching story.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Neat story. I agree never trust her. Making out is also cheating...

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

She's been a cheating whore all their and him trusting her and letting her back ruined the whole shitty story! I wish I could give negative stars!

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Another cuckold story? And a RAAC to boot? What a waste of time reading this shitty story! I wish I could give negative stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I balanced out the negative stars

Doc

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

I actually like this story. Cookie blew Jason up pretty well, so maybe she was truthful. No way to know, and for Bob this was a good story.

62276227almost 3 years ago
Teenage girls are all twits

Cookie just kept being one. I had a few run-ins with some girls like this who liked to play games and toy with the boys. Figured out early on to just cut bait and run.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

The story could be titled "Story of an Adolescent Personality" and it might apply to either of them.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Good story. It tackles one important problem in many marriages - how to treat ex-boyfriends that could be around. Most people mature and move on but some don't.

I think it is probably a bad idea to hang on somebody that tells you that you are secondary "friend". God forbid what a "male friend" notion means to a woman. Usually somebody she enjoys the attention from in every which way, mostly emotionally, but would not offer anything back. Playing emotional vampire with somebody's else feelings offering only "could be" to a miserable man. All that covered with a dignified notion of a "friend" while it only offers pain and humiliation. You really need to be weary of women with many male "friends." You can recognize them easily - they usually don't have many female friends, for obvious reasons as women are more observing when it comes to other women.

Pauline French is apparently JPB's old flame, she is in every second story he wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Maybe it isn't fair, but I didn't read past the second chapter because of the protagonist's refusal to talk to Cookie. Any author who develops a character like that is likely to do other idiotic things with the story and I've been frustrated enough by that kind of ridiculousness to not wish to subject myself to it again.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
What

What did he expect when he married her,he knew her history of lying and cheating.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 2 years ago

All I will say is Stupid. Stupid . Stupid.

Young and Dumb.

Always think of consequences.

If not then the Above story is a great example of stupidity of Men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonder if there was a vote, would they say she fucked Jason or not.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

I like the story, lots of twists and turns with a lot of drama. Cookie made a grave error by even having lunches with Jason, but it appears that with the steps she took that she finally grew up and faced reality that she was a married woman and realized that Jason was nothing but a low life cheating bastard. She was very fortunate that Frankie was mature enough and forgiving enough to believe her and not kick her ass to the curb. 5 stars

RePhilRePhilabout 2 years ago

Best writer on the site!! Period

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Torturous. Whipsawed back and forth by a teenie bopper. She pinballed her way out of my attention span.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story, usually an author will write that so an so did or didn't cheat and we as the reader have to take it at face value as to what happened, but on this case I really don't know if Cookie fucked him or not. Great writing.

rn2711rn271110 months ago

Interesting story. Did she or didn't she cheat? We don't know but does it matter? She broke it off and hopefully learned her lesson.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

One lunch with Jason for old times sake I can understand. Not telling Frank because of past history is understandable but, still a bad decision on her part.

Continuing to see him after he intentionally turned a kiss on the cheek into a full blown french kiss ... No real excuse for that.

Her plan to get revenge on him? Besides being stupid and childish... She had to still have some very strong feelings for Jason in order to want to punish him like that. Stronger feelings than she owned up to when she was supposedly being honest with Frank about what really happened.

Trying to play off not having sex the night before and the day of her lunches with Jason as a mere coincidence? Doesn't pass the smell test. Her attitude and behavior around those times, her explanation makes a lot of sense. Cutting Frank off from sex every single time... Not so much.

At least JPB gives the reader more of a reason to believe in Cookie than he does in a lot of his other stories.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Huh?!

Yes no or maybe?!

Got me guessing.

If your intention you won.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
His

His upset feelings are his own fault.He should never have got back involved with her after Jason moved.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9039 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS