All Comments on 'Frank and Shayleen Ch. 02'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
this is so bad it should be ILLEGAL.

this is GREAT story up to the every very end. The ending makes NO sense.

After Shayleen gives Frank an ultimatum about whether not the save the marriage because of the mistakes that she made ... YEAH RIGHT .. Frank makes a wonderful speech with careful reasoning that shows the reader and his wife why he cannot get past which she has done .

As Frank so eloquently states ...it is his past experiences with other women... that affect his views of Shayleen. And of course Shayleen KNOWS this. This is nothing new or surprising as it is our experiences which affect how we view our relationships ...our politics ...our religion etc

If Frank had NOT been screwed over by these other two women... If he was not a victim that had been brutalized ... Frank might have forgiven Shayleen much sooner.

The scene where Frank goes on in great detail about why he cannot except the ultimatum from Shayleen... where it goes on for 8 paragraphs and nearly 900 words is very well done .

Then suddenly amazingly Shayleen takes an oath or promise on the life of her baby (which may not even be Franks LOL!!!!) ... and all is forgiven and forgotten?

This is completely irrational and a severe disappointment. A truly awful inept ending

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Take it or Leave it ?

I guess I'd take the deal like Frank did. Everyone makes mistakes & she confessed & atoned about as well as an average woman. That being said, everyone of the kids would have been discreetly DNA tested. Forgive but don't forget, trust but verify.

Excellent back & forth dialogue with opposing vantage points from opposing err opposite genders written, in dare I say, sensitive and provocative style. This story caught JPB in mellow and contemplative mood. I'm surprised but shouldn't be.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
Harry in VA

Stop already!!! Its' a story, labored but entertaining!

Its' just a story and overly labored with justifying both their positions.

She wasn't as upset about how far it went because she was proud of the fact that she backed out, fessed up and felt good about herself. Not wanting to be the messenger of good hope with film for her colleagues - well, stupid of her but not a game changer.

Hubby, overly, maybe justifiably, over rracting and too sensitive for his own good had his points but pushed them stupidly to damn near losing her.

Her ultimatum...didn't fit for their situation and the character he betrayed would have pushed him to the point of her leaving and him spending the rest of his life thinking...damn - if only! So, ultimatum - not good!

Other than the above, typical JPB, good story - just off the wall a bit<

Thanks JPB.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Willing to do anything...

...except she did nothing. I don't get it. She THOROUGHLY fucked up. Hell, if he'd done the same thing, except he received a BJ instead of giving one she'd demand all kinds of conditions from him. Dumb and doesn't really make sense.

Was she worth keeping? Probably. Everyone is tempted. Her unwillingness to do ANYTHING to earn forgiveness and trust though, that's a hard pill to swallow. She didn't seem to have much respect for him, basically ignoring all his attempts to reach out to her because they weren't on her terms.

The guy should have told her what he did to get rid of Todd. I also would have informed her of every woman who offered pussy. She had to know he had other options and how far he was really willing to go to solve his problems. To many secrets.

Lastly, someone saying "your a good person, even if I'm not" (paraphrasing) does not, in my mind, hold even an inkling of persuasion.

4*s. Well written. Lots of interesting questions and situations raised. Wonderful and thoughtful dialog from the hero. The wife felt rather one-dimensional though. The ending felt very rushed as if there was far more intended, but the story lost interest for it's author.

SpykkeSpykkeover 10 years ago
The ending was somewhat abrupt

But not a bad read. Give it rest Harry, your rants are getting boring.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
1* utter rubbish

JPB you spent all those pages building up hubby's character, backstory and point of view and then its like you looked at the clock, saw the time and finished this story in 5 minutes. Stories like this are why so many people hate reconciliation stories. A fairy appearing and waving a magic ward to get the couple back together makes more sense that the raac ending written here.

Shay knew Frank's history, decided to cheat anyways, only confessed when her back was up against the wall, even then lied about her what she did, refused to do anything to earn forgiveness or earn his trust back and then gives him an ultimatum.

Zero reason given the circumstances for Frank to ever consider taking the slut back.

2ndThoughts

Wow. Just wow.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
Attitude?

The wife's attitude in this story was pure shit. The ending doesn't feel right. The husband should let her think he got someone to suck his dick and ask his wife how she feels about it. His response should be but, I didn't fuck her! 1 star

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Ended to Quickly !

A really good story with a slow big build up to the final confrontation with his cheating wife ended with just a promise from her !

I feel there is an epilogue due on this story ! ?

EAPoeEAPoeover 10 years ago
Well written as usual

JPB always writes beautifully even when his stories are subpar. Now it seems that he spends more time developing his characters and their personalities are more nuanced. This is certainly one of his better stories.

m1a1m1a1over 10 years ago
to quick

was loving the story,,had a lot of real endings to chose from,,and because he promised her ,,he stays?.

Sorry but the ending was just ,,to quick,,,only 3 *

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
A cuck story from JPB

And you people are surprised why?

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
@OSO

JPB does some damn good BTB sometimes. This was a bit of a twist ending, and one I didn't see coming. But then, JPB excels at Twists. He's the King of Twisted. lol

She swore on the life of her baby. That has to be worth something, and she did actually turn Asshole down before she gave it up to him. However, she should have never been in that position to begin with.

4 Stars. It's just fiction, folks!

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Excellent Story

Tough situation for everyone. I do not think that I would have had the courage to trust her word. On the other hand I have always said that my word is my bond.

Does the other person breaking their word free me of my promise. It is a promise made before society. I always believed that two Whites do not make a Wong and the inverse. Intellectually it is a tough one but emotionally it is simple, all my trust evaporated.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
Flaws that make sense.

Bob has outdid himself with this story. He has finally and correctly defined when cheating starts.

<I had to do something to show her just how much her betrayal had affected me. And make no mistake here; she did betray me. True, she didn't go through with it, but to me the intent was the betrayal.>

Our hero is damaged and had he not been the outcome would not have been the ending we get. Bob makes a good illustration of the thought processes of a cheater. In effect Shay believes that because she did not fuck the guy she did not in fact cheat. She probably voted for Clinton, eating is cheating but to accept that she would have to accept that she is a slut. Make no mistake she is a slut.

<Because she wasn't seeing things from where I was sitting she didn't see our problem the way I saw it. As far as she was concerned what she started out to do was wrong, but then she didn't do it so no harm, no foul, get over it and let's move on. It would have been no harm, no foul if I hadn't learned of it, but I did learn of it and learning of it hurt. I hurt worse than Shay would let herself accept.>

In the final paragraphs we have the ultimate manipulation of the hero. In essence Shay is saying, I was never as good as you so what I do should not be held to a higher standard. We the readers are left with the question will the marriage fail. The answer is yes. And Shay illustrates this very bluntly. Our wedding vows are one sided, you must keep yours even when I do not keep mine, live with it. Our hero agrees with her and thus makes the final transition to zero. For the rest of his life he will be manipulated and lied to by Shay the ground rules have been laid and he has accepted them. Great story about a man whose life experiences have ultimately set him up to fail as a human being. I gave this *****.

<"You want a reason? How's this for one. When I told you about Todd you promised me that you would never leave me and that I was stuck with you for life. You promised! Is your word no good? How about your promise to keep me for better or worse when we said our vows? What I did was about as worse as it can get, but you promised. I know what you are going to say to that. You are going to throw my promise to hold only unto you in my face, but so what. So I'm not a good person. But you are and I have two promises from you and I'm holding you to them Frank. You told me that I was stuck with you for life and I'm god-damned well going to hold you to that promise.

"I'll make you a promise now" and she placed her hand on her swollen belly and said:

"I swear on my baby's life that I will never cheat on you and that I will be the best wife and mother you could ever hope for for the rest of our lives. So help me God!"

I believed her.>

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
Flaws that make sense revised

Bob has outdid himself with this story. He has finally and correctly defined when cheating starts.

I had to do something to show her just how much her betrayal had affected me. And make no mistake here; she did betray me. True, she didn't go through with it, but to me the intent was the betrayal.

Our hero is damaged and had he not been the outcome would not have been the ending we get. Bob makes a good illustration of the thought processes of a cheater. In effect Shay believes that because she did not fuck the guy she did not in fact cheat. She probably voted for Clinton, eating is cheating but to accept that she would have to accept that she is a slut. Make no mistake she is a slut.

Because she wasn't seeing things from where I was sitting she didn't see our problem the way I saw it. As far as she was concerned what she started out to do was wrong, but then she didn't do it so no harm, no foul, get over it and let's move on. It would have been no harm, no foul if I hadn't learned of it, but I did learn of it and learning of it hurt. I hurt worse than Shay would let herself accept.

In the final paragraphs we have the ultimate manipulation of the hero. In essence Shay is saying, I was never as good as you so what I do should not be held to a higher standard. We the readers are left with the question will the marriage fail. The answer is yes. And Shay illustrates this very bluntly. Our wedding vows are one sided, you must keep yours even when I do not keep mine, live with it. Our hero agrees with her and thus makes the final transition to zero. For the rest of his life he will be manipulated and lied to by Shay the ground rules have been laid and he has accepted them. Great story about a man whose life experiences have ultimately set him up to fail as a human being. I gave this *****.

<"You want a reason? How's this for one. When I told you about Todd you promised me that you would never leave me and that I was stuck with you for life. You promised! Is your word no good? How about your promise to keep me for better or worse when we said our vows? What I did was about as worse as it can get, but you promised. I know what you are going to say to that. You are going to throw my promise to hold only unto you in my face, but so what. So I'm not a good person. But you are and I have two promises from you and I'm holding you to them Frank. You told me that I was stuck with you for life and I'm god-damned well going to hold you to that promise.

"I'll make you a promise now" and she placed her hand on her swollen belly and said:

"I swear on my baby's life that I will never cheat on you and that I will be the best wife and mother you could ever hope for for the rest of our lives. So help me God!"

I believed her.>

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Better Ending Than I Expected

JPB. As always your story telling is superb. Great writing. Just a few glitches that a proofreader or another pass could have caught. No big deal.

Chapter 2 worked out ok. Not what I was expecting. Just glad you didn't send Frank into divorce number 3. For a reconciliation finale I liked this one. Thought it was heading the other way at first. You had my attention and the same time thinking oh shit. You did good!! Thanks!

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
I liked it

Well written,touching in some ways, and decent yarn.The ending is the only issue,not the reconciliation, but how is her swearing on her child going to change his mind? She admits she isn't as good as him,so what does.that promise mean? After all,unless you believe god would kill the kid,what does it mean?If it were me I would make her go through counselling and actually feel the pain she is ducking (and she is,mea culpa is not facing pain).pain would be feelibg franks pain and never wanting to feel that again or put him through it,and understanding why she would cheat is important.One alternate would.be she would sign an agreement that if she cheated again she would agree to full custody for frank with limited visitation for the baby.few women would risk that kind of pain,and if shay signed it it would mean she was serious.If she wasn't serious,she would get a divorce,lot less pain,so if she accepts frank would know.

glwadysglwadysover 10 years ago
great story but:

Are you sure they are all yours ??

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Good for Frank, he made Shayleen work for it. I was disappointed she didn't tell all the other women about those videos.

maninconnmaninconnover 10 years ago
Yeah!

Thanks Bob! A real story with realistic characters and a realistic ending. Go JPB!

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Good Wrap Up!

Interesting finish. Understand Franks issues, given his history with woman. Shayleen should have realized that she was taking a bad risk to satisfy her curiosity especially if she loved Frank as she claimed. At least the end was not a disaster as it could have been. 4 stars, but a rewarding read. Thanks JFB. Dan

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
gave it a 4 for the jpb

I would have still dumped her ass but it was a well written story...bravo JPB

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
You had me hooked...

...until that piece of shit finish. What a fully selfish and self-indulgent bitch and a fucking coward for a husband. I know others give you crap for some of your stories but I've never been disappointed in one until now. I am at a total loss for words. So she decides she's not a good person again and breaks this promise, what difference would that make. Like she's going to kill her first born for breaking a new promise. Bullshit. She simply threatens him again and he caves. I really liked Shay in chapter one and less as things came out in chapter two. I really felt for him all the way through and hoped you had a scheme that would help her to ne'er stand the true betrayal and pain but you didn't. You copped out to a flimsy promise from a person who wholly admits she can't be trusted being accepted by an idiot three time loser (yes this time counts as a third). What a cucking waste of time (pun fucking intended).

bandyoubandyouover 10 years ago

trust is very hard to gain and easy to lose especially for imperfect beings .love you stuff, jpb

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Eatin' Ain't Cheatin' Right Bob?

Anybody could accidentally suck on somebody's cock for a few seconds, right Bob?

I mean WTF?

Just a few licks and a deep throat, according to Slick Willy it's not like they had sex or anything, ain't that right Bob?

The two second rule should be applied here (you know, if you drop food on the floor and pick it up in under two seconds it's still okay to eat), so all he has to do is determine how long the cock was in her mouth from the video.

Also overlook the fact that getting her tits out for another guy is not sexual, after all strippers, and girls gone wild do it all the time.

That's not sexual is it Bob? Is it???

But Bob just you gotta wonder; what would have happened if Travon had washed his dick before sticking it in the sluts mouth, things might have cum out differently.

Huh Bob?

Huh!

Get it CUM out differently!!! I made a funny!!!

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001over 10 years ago
No way, Chief or JPB

You blew the ending. She wouldn't go to the other women. She didn't want to accept his terms with living arrangements. Gave him 24 hours to shit or get off the pot. And he kept her? You blew the ending, JPB.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
ANYTHING WORTH HAVING

is worth the struggle to make it happen, TK U MLJ LV NV

Bill1104Bill1104over 10 years ago
I'm joining the chorus!

Great story up 'til the ending. Not that the ending was bad, it just was too quick. He had gone through too much to simply believe her oath and move on. To me, it appeared as though you were on a deadline and just pumped out the finish. Because the rest of the story was so good, I still gave it a 5.

Bill1104

KidCreoleKidCreoleover 10 years ago
Finish rushed

I agree with Bill1104. It was a good story until you bailed in the last couple of paragraphs. I love your stories, but this was a terrible ending. Not because of the result, but because it did not fit with the pain he felt, or the reassurance that he needed.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Started off well

but I didn't like the way it unfolded after Shayleen's confession. At the point of her confession, the story reminded me of One Slip by Patricia51, where woman is strong enough NOT to succumb to blackmail.

After that, I did not feel the way the story unfolded was reasonable. There was no reason for Shayleen not to let her colleagues know they are free of Travon's blackmail. "Liberating" them would have been consistent with her nature. Since the who thing started when Mary talked about her session with Travon, there was little reason for Shayleen not to admit to a similar indiscretion.

Overall, good start, weak finish. IMHO.

firas01firas01over 10 years ago
Excellent

Another gem from the master of LW, mature, reasonable and logical, the writing is top notch, I agree that the last couple of paragraphs sounded like you had to leave for urgent business so you had to bring the story to the end you have in mind without more elaboration but it was fine. The idea that cheating is never only the sexual act but it is more the mind set that leads to it is something that i hope most of the writers in this site can understand. Four stars, thanks for sharing.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

The correct ending to the story is when she brings up the *promise*, he reminds her that wedding vows are a promise to and since being a cuntish whore who just has to lie about the cuntish whore shit, that makes them even. So she an fuck right off.

Cuck side of jpb again, what a surprise...

4/5 for story

-1/5 for cuck shit again

-2/5 for the wimp bowing before the whore again

1/5

stoneturnerstoneturnerover 10 years ago
Still good, but......

I have to agree with other comments, I bet you are regretting cutting the end of the story as you did.....But never mind, it was an excellent body of work in the main, and JPB is still a favourite author.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Still an Excellent Tale

But I would have been suspicious of her fidelity and would have wanted prove that she would remain faithful. Still, all's well that ends well. Just my bitterness adds to my suspicious nature.

Five Stars

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Thanks Bob

Thank you bob for another great story, 5 stars.

oldauthoroldauthorover 10 years ago
Good story, but...

I thought the ending was unexpected and left too many questions. I've always enjoyed your stories, Bob, but I was very disappointed with what I felt was a rushed ending, much like many other comments on this story. I was disappointed, but after much introspection, I realized I had committed the same sin with some of my stories. Often, it's either a case of getting tired of the story or discovering a new project to explore and anxious to get started. Perhaps one of those were the reason for terminating what I thought was going to be a lengthy series by a masterful writer.

Also, I would have to question Frank's ultimate forgiveness of Shayleen given his past experience, regardless of how much he loved her. Kinda reminds me of the new series on TV named "The Blacklist" with James Spader where he answered the question of whether he "could be trusted" by replying "of course not. After all, I'm a criminal". That same reply could be used by Shayleen saying she could not be trusted because she "is a cheater".

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

This seems unfinished. In the end she came across sounding exactly like her ex hubby, the psychopath. Thanks.

trojan5678trojan5678over 10 years ago
Great Story but...

She got off WAY too easy. Still, 5*. Hope you do a Ch. 03 and make her earn it...

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Definately one of your better stories...

...I found it hard to follow his arguments all the time. I do agree though that a divorce would have been the wrong way to go. Thinking about it I came to the conclusion that his &quot;psycho-revenge&quot; went too far. I had the impression he tried not only to punish but to dominate her. That&Acirc;&acute;s nothing a loving husband should try.

Her reaction at the end was justified.

Very well developed characters and an interesting story, revealing their different points of view. 5*

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Good story

but a very weak ending. That last monologue by Frank was sheer pontification. At that point, Shayleen should have told him to either move it or stuff it.

studyingstudyingover 10 years ago
promises

She made a promise to her first husband, for better or for worse. She DOES sound like her ex.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
Sorry

I liked her, understood her and could relate to how she ended up where they were.

I also know she was horrified, did love and cared very much for her husband. She is an educated, common sense woman and has a mind of her own. Putting Travon's dick in her mouth, even for a minute, was way out there but she did wake up and backed off.

I think Frank wanted just what he said he wanted...for her to do or say something that would give him confidence that she would not stray and mentally, actually and fully realize the depth of despair from the idea of intending to cheat - it is still cheating, even if not consummated., she needed to get that into her head, put herself in his position and feel the worry, the broken trust, despair and wonder of what to do or if there really was a relationship left - at least, the one they once had.

I believe he knew she wouldn't but he needed for her to do or say something from her own mouth that would wake her up and commit...she did and then everything was good - she just had to be a part of the final resolve.

BTW, his only worry was that she wouldn't get the real picture because there was no way he was going to give her up or lose her. She was woman enough to tell him she was going to pay for a divorce when she explained what happened. She had thought it out and decided it was only fair to him and then, next thing, they were still together, no divorce and working together to handle Travon! Did he want to give her up - Hell NO!

Thanks!

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
too soon

ended too fast. nice build up. good characters. just ended too quickly. especially with a longer story like this. still gave it a 5.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
great story

but once again no woman turns down big dick to save a marriage or her babies life..they just dont have the ability to see consequences its not in the DNA anymore..do i have a low opinion of women.....yes, a woman might have the character to say no, but women from what ive seen no, in today's world once a cheater always one, they have a huge ego and i know for a fact you take this kind of woman and a little booze and a big dick...Bam cheating...and it wouldn't mater if you blew the fucking kids head off in the middle..and then she'd cry im sorry..Oh look my kids dead! well you did swear on its life..then add booze big dick and she would suck that dick while kneeling on its corpse, Shayleen it that average women. and swearing to god dont mean shit..didn't when she married wont later kneeling on the corpse sucking cock.

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago
@monkcalm

You are wrong . There are still many good women to be found; women who as wives will not ruin their family or marriage because of big dicks. Don't let stories, porn , and probably your personal experience fool you into thinking otherwise.

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago
@monkcalm

You are wrong . There are still many good women to be found; women who as wives will not ruin their family or marriage because of big dicks. Don't let stories, porn , and probably your personal experience fool you into thinking otherwise.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
@monkcalm

I don't know what kind of women you have encountered, but you may want to re-evaluate where you are looking for women. I have met a few cheaters (both men and women) but I have encountered many women with great morals that chose not to cheat when confronted by temptation. Also, a big dick is not enough of a reason to cheat. My uncle was very successful getting married women into bed. He told me, "Most men make the mistake of going after a women's body. I always go after the mind. Once you have the mind, the body will follow." He also said, "A married women isn't going to give you her body if her husband already possesses her mind and heart."

That is why I try to nurture my relationship with my wife. I make sure that I keep her mind and her heart. That way when someone comes and tries to take her body, he finds that it is not on the market.

LostOneThereLostOneThereabout 10 years ago
We could write a book on Shay

However this is about our narrow focused Frank who is most certainly stuck on being stupid. He could learn something from Forest Gump in that "stupid is as stupid does." Frank is the poster child for that one. And there is no way in hell Frank would have accepted the "on my baby's life" promise when he couldn't accept any of her other statements. That was a piss-poor ending Bob.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Deux Ex Machina

Everything fixed in one tidy bow within three sentences.

Sigh.

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
Lost me at the end

First he gave her actions to do to prove herself, and she wouldn't do them. Then he ended up accepting her verbal oath. The problem with that is that once he made his rant about it being all on her to convince him she was serious, there weren't any words she could have said that would have realistically made up for her failure to take the actions.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
HOW FAR TO FORGIVE

depends on how far you believe. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And the end got here and BOOM!

He got stupid, believed her and decided she'd never cheat again. What a dummy.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
it's you

I ain't sold.

mike9698mike9698about 9 years ago
good story shitty ending

the problem is in 2 or 3 years he will come home early and find her fucking someone in their bed. all you need to know about her is that she refused to sign the post-nup that would hurt her if he caught her cheating. thats it nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Please

Slit your throat. Do it now, faggot.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Blecch!

When she refused to sign the post-nups it was just as he said - she either knew she would cheat again, or at least couldn't trust HERSELF enough to sign them, so why should he trust her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Neither one of them had the high morale ground in this one.

But for a guy that had wanted her forever he sure dragged his feet in the mud accepting her back. Actually she never left. He was just stuck in the past and couldn't imagine a woman being both truthful and honest with him. That was what was holding him back. He had to move on from the past and embrace his future. He finally did but she literally had to kick him in the balls to get him moved out of the past. Not too bad Bob.

Jack99Jack99over 8 years ago
Really?

I guess anonymous below is OK with their spouse putting someones dick in their mouth.

She cheated, she's sorry, she's not going to do it again... OK, I can see a reconciliation because she's pregnant, and didn't follow through. But he's not at fault.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ULTIMATUMS

are no better than blackmail. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Guns

A POS Llama? In.380? Girly gun for a girly man.

She lied. He should have kept her DVD after seeing her suck and throat Buckwheat's ... oops, I meant Trayvon ... dick. Irreversibly unforgivable!

WTF is a 'Trayvon' anyway Bob? You sure do love digging in the woodpile.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago

If you change you mind and don't rob the bank you can be charged with many things but you can not be charged with bank robbery. Just as she fully intended to cheat she also changed her mind.

He is an arsewipe, lying to her, threatening and blackmailing her. He is as bad as her 1st husband - mental cruelty is as bad as physical cruelty.

Ntropy586Ntropy586about 8 years ago
When, exactly, did you decide to simply phone-in the conclusion?

JPB, I am sorely disappointed in you.

You've shown, time and again, that you are cognizant of the importance that suspension of disbelief plays in fiction. I have no doubt that you have spent hours upon hours crafting your stories to do justice to the tale and reach the resolution you desire, all while maintaining the world of words so that the reader feels as if they are part of the events unfolding before their eyes.

...so why did you decide to phone it in at the end of this story?

Face it, Bob: you did just that.

There was no lead-up to her final declaration, nor was there any real justification of not only her using the, "You swore you'd never leave me!" ploy, but of his accepting that defense, as well. This, quite simply, came out of left field and manages to break your carefully-crafted world in one fell swoop. At the very end of the story, the reader is left completely aware that this makes no real sense. It's not as if you had spent any time on your protagonist's anxiety or angst because there was an internal conflict about his ability to stay with her; you really didn't, aside from a few minimal words about how he had to face the inevitability of things since they no longer saw eye to eye on this most important issue.

There was no prose dedicated to guiding the reader through the process that led from your protagonist being pretty much "done" with the relationship to him now being right back in it. It. Just. Made. No. Sense. It's like Sue Ellen waking up and discovering Bobby in the shower, meaning that an entire season of Dallas was nothing more than a dream. A pitiful ruse - hell, it's a Maguffin that even Shakespeare wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

I'm not one of those who insists on BTB, and I'm not one who is going to get my knickers in a twist when the story doesn't go in the direction I want or expect it to (despite what you might think from my rant so far). What I AM critical of is when storytelling falls well short of the mark. Sometimes it's grammar and punctuation - because, let's face it, English is such a nuanced pain in the ass of a language that even a comma or colon can completely change the meaning of a sentence or phrase - while other times it is the failure of concepts such as suspension of disbelief.

I've read your other works, Bob; heck, I've voted quite favorably for the majority of them. However, this one just left me disappointed, though not with the outcome.

My disappointment was with the obvious lack of effort at the end of it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Again, An Unfinished Ending

You seem to hurry through to an unfinished ending. Are you getting bored with writing? Trying to hurry to the next story? What? You also need someone to REALLY CHECK YOUR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR, because your spell/grammar checker isn't working. You need a HUMAN that knows what their doing to do it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* FOR RAISING ANOTHER MAN(MENS?) KID

this whore is a serial cheater and our protagonist is a whore who has had at least one child as a bastard for her cuckold(likely all her kids) .

she also fucks blacks , so shes trash .

cuck-boy knows and wont divorce .

hope she gives him aids .

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

it is funny but all i seen in the last part was a repeat of what her ex had said.

and i didn't believe her.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Still check the DNA

I am all for staying together for kids as long as the bad behavior never returns. However as the Great Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but Verify". Get the DNA.

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
When Does Loyalty Actually Mean Something?

If one never has true temptation, then is it really royalty or simply lack of opportunity? If you dress your wife in a burka and keep her at home and away from all men is she truly showing you loyalty? I mean in today's age most women in Western countries when they marry they are not a virgin. So in a marriage is the fact that a penis went into one of her holes the point when she betrayed you or is betrayal actually in the mind.

To me betrayal is in the mind. Obviously the actual sex is the physical manifestation of that, but the main point you want to know that when shit hits the fan the people you put your trust in, your wife, your best friend, your loved ones will stick by you and won't betray you. And to actually know that there has to be temptation and the loved one actually overcomes the temptation and stands by you.

If your wife is ugly and not hit on by men is she truly loyal to you or she simply doesn't have the choice or temptation? Is the fact that a dick never got into her the big deal or that when shit hits the fan you know she truly loves you and will stick by you even though she has opportunities. In this case the wife was beautiful, she had the temptation and in the midst of the temptation she was able to overcome it and pull away. I would have preferred it if she pulled away when he was going down on her or sucking on her nipples, when she was being revved up, but it was still in the midst of things and she thought of not betraying her husband and stopped it. On top of that when Travon physically confronts her she further stays true to her marriage by fighting back. Yeah, obviously it would have been much better if she was able to resist before it even started, but the point is her husband was important enough to her that she was able to stop when she was revved up. I'd take that any day over being with a wife that never has the opportunity so you never know if shit really hits the fan if she will be by your side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 STARS - TOO MUCH?

5 stars for an intriguing 2 chapters.

The problem is the ending. He points out her attitude, but it is not dealt with -- she still thinks her offense is minor. Hawkeye007 on 9-17-13 mentions the attitude and suggests he let her think he got sucked and inquire what she thinks. I agree. But he should get one of the ladies who offered him sex for freeing her from Trevon to tell Shay she did it, while recording his conversation with the lady. She tells Shay. Shay screams her outrage. He replies, "See, it's not OK, is it?". She finally gets it, "but now you cheated too.". He then plays recording to show his innocence.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Poor finish 4*

This:

"The scene where Frank goes on in great detail about why he cannot except the ultimatum from Shayleen... where it goes on for 8 paragraphs and nearly 900 words is very well done .

Then suddenly amazingly Shayleen takes an oath or promise on the life of her baby (which may not even be Franks LOL!!!!) ... and all is forgiven and forgotten?

This is completely irrational and a severe disappointment. A truly awful inept ending"

A pity but until she admitted the terrible betrayal she did then swearing on her baby's life was meaningless even if she meant it because she did not recognise what she had done in the first place.

I am not against reconciliation but this was rug sweeping.

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Trials

What I dont understand is how Shay thought this was just a mistake like like letting a person squeeze your rump on dance floor.. My biggest problem is one they didn't consider STDs. Shay was planning on letting Travon take her unprotected pregnant pussy. She told Frank she was planning on bareback sex since she was pregnant and never considered Travon was a man whore. In the end it worked out and she finally realized how much pain she had created in Franks heart. Frank learning forgiveness before birth was needed to build marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
JPB is a pathetic wimp cuck.....and so his garbage tales. 1* for this crap

Complete trash and waste of time..... well at least this lame story is quite short and just made me waste three minutes of my time.

1* for this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It was good....until the ending

You wimped out at the ending of the story. A complete reversal of Frank’s thinking.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Finish

Pretty good story with a pretty bad ending. Shay should have been made to earn the reconciliation.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
He's very lucky

Unlike other commenters, I think he is lucky that she didn't tell him to fuck off. She is a sensual woman, and almost lost control, but she didn't follow through. Frank is belaboring a point that is unimportant. He got his pride hurt and his ego bruised. So what! Grow up! Do you love her or not! Just forgive her and move on. He is very fortunate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

@tkh3nkey2110 ding ding ding we got a RAAC'er lol wow the mental gymnastics to get to that conclusion is amazing literally world class rubbernecking.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
The bank robbery

Analogy is correct, the lie is the damnation. She knew what had happened to him and still technically cheated. Frank let her off easy. Good story but the ending was rushed. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Arrogant

What an arrogant arsehole Frank is.He gave her no credit for owning up,for if she had said nothing,he would never have known.She did right to tell him to shit or get off the ligand when he prevaricated she should have left him and made him fight to see his child until he got off his high horse.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
3/11 anon

She was pregnant, married....and she went to his room and sucked his dick. I would of left her. Frank was not arrogant, she was. You dont sweep crap like this under the rug. You must be under 25 or a left winger. Nothing is ever your responibility. That why this country is going to shit.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Second read

Liked it better this time. Unusual for a JPB protagonist, Frank stayed pretty strong until the end. He broke down in the end and took her back. Probably had some sleepless nights while she was traveling.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
So she swears on HER baby’s life (he can’t be 100% sure it’s his yet) she will never cheat again?

He already said she goes out of town on business a lot. Gee, what if she’s lying about really wanting the baby to die if she cheats? How the fuck will he know? She hasn’t REALLY said/done anything to make him trust her again.

I find the ending unsatisfactory just using the logic Frank/JPB stated. Fortunately for JPB (though not logically, i.e. I don’t know why) I like this story enough to look passed the flawed ending. 5-stars & Favorite.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 5 years ago

An armed bank robber commits a serious crime even if he relents and leaves the bank before he receives any money. By entering the bank armed and demanding money he has put everyone in the bank at risk of serious bodily harm. Anything could happen. An armed citizen pulls a gun, a bank guard tries to prevent his escape, a woman screams, any event could trigger gunfire and serious consequences. You do not have the right to intentionally create situations that place the public safety at risk.

What Shay did wasn't even close to meeting that standard. She may have violated a major term of a civil contract i.e. forsaking all others, but no physical harm to any individual or property damage could reasonably occur due to her actions.

To me the outcome of Part 2 rests solely on the balance between Shay's courage and trust in Frank's love for her versus the seriousness of her act of infidelity.

Shay knew Frank's history, that made it doubly hard for her to confess to the point that she was willing to commit murder rather than fully betray her marriage.

JPB tried to position the issue from Frank's POV with his strong bias against cheaters vs. Shay's POV which was, yes, I strayed but I had the character and will power to overcome my lust/curiosity before committing the ultimate betrayal because of my love and respect for my husband and my marriage.

I don't think JPB portrayed either character very well in this conflict.

I don't see why Shay was so reluctant to return the blackmail material to her co-workers. Her character seemed much stronger than the one who feared embarrassment because the other women in the same position as her would know she was with Travon. If fact, her position is befuddling. After all Shay learned about Travon from some of the very women she works with who fucked him. Why would she risk her marriage to avoid an apparent trivial chore. If Frank had required her to wear a sign around her neck "BBC Lover" at work her refusal would be understandable. JPB's literary device just didn't fit her character.

Frank came across as unmerciful. He seemed focused on "punishment" as he thought of how he would make Shay pay for her weakness. But he never seemed to give her much credit for her strength in risking her own happiness for the sake of honesty when it was highly unlikely that he would ever find out about Travon any other way.

The biggest obstacle to reconciliation in this story is Frank's damaged self image. But that wasn't Shay's fault. He was judging her through the prism of betrayal by two other women. But he had already learned Gloria's betrayal had nothing to do with his adequacy as a husband. And he was just a sugar daddy to Glenda who was indeed a first class bitch. One would think that his "punishment" fetish would have been satisfied by obtaining an annulment and sending her to jail for a year.

Frank needs significant psychological help. He carries deep seated anger that he refuses to let go. It will continue to manifest itself in the future unless he finds a way to live in the present instead of the past.

All in all Shay may be better off without him. I don't think Frank will be a livable companion long term give his damaged ego, inherent hostility, and mistrust of Shay going forward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Arrogant

What an arrogant twat Frank is.Shayleen should have divorced him and made it difficult for him to see his child.He threw her honesty in her face and despite the happy ending in reality he would for ever be throwing it in her face ,she didn't deserve that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Chances

I thought he gave her more chances and choices, wish he would have stuck to the prenuptial. Offered her everything she promised with some consequences. She cheated once, she might not have been caught yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not bad, but . . .

The ending was way too abrupt and just didnt work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Some flawed logic

She strayed but was about to be caught, so she went into damage control mode. Next time she is tempted she will likely be more careful but, if she thinks there is no chance of getting caught, she likely won't stop. How many times have we seen a child test the limits of an attractive activity. We learn very early that getting caught is the result of not managing the risks.

Next time she will be able to eliminate the risk posed by cameras and eliminate that risk. But it will not stop her, she will scratch that itch eventually.

Is he really sure that those three kids are his?

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Being a fan of......

........ Wrath, Thank You !!!!! Taking bolt cutters to the pinky toe, nice touch !!!!! Beating the crap of ex-husband and later framing him, again NICE; not mention “Justified, your Honor” !!!!! Gathering and retrieving all the blackmail material and returning it to the victims, again nice touch !!!!! The only thing missing besides the pinky toe was a Bitch Slap from Hell for Trevon, granted he got fired but he more than deserved a beating.

As for Shay, she off lite and bring pregnant doesn’t cut either, like so many on either side of the fence of gender; the intent was there from the gate, granted she stopped before going all the way. But the analogy of bank robbery was dead on with intent !!!

Once that intent was made, the trust was cracked at minimum and at most broken.

Her failing to take responsibility was proven when she refused to return the blackmail in person to the victims, worried what others think is and was an act of more destruction in both the relationship and marriage. Adding to fact, refusing to sign either post-nuptial documents only made it worse for herself, again failing to take FULL Responsibility both in her lack of actions and intent. As for DNA Test, OH Hell YA, every damn time, the sheep will say they “They need wood some where else”, Me “There’s always the Tree of Woe”, choose and perish “Because woman your ass is mine and mine alone or there’s the Door”. Either there’s Trust and Loyalty or Your in for nothing but pain and heartache, even with kids involved. Because when they come of age to fully understand they will either comprehend or have there head in the sand.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Second read and did like it. However, I think Bob got bored and just finished the story as quickly as he could. Still a high score from me.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Those other wives must have done something to be blackmailed over, didn’t their husbands deserve to have the choice to keep them or not. But once again Bob let’s the women off the hook.

I commented on part one that I hoped he grew a set in part two. He didn’t.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Kissing her black cock sucking mouth would be difficult!!!

BabalooieBabalooieabout 3 years ago

After two divorces, he didn't bother with a third pre-nuptial agreement. He allowed her to destroy the blackmail material after he saw it. Should have made copies. After all that, he just says, "OK" to her promise to be faithful. He should have done DNA tests on all of their kids, even if he believed her promise (Just to keep her honest). INTENT - She intended to commit adultery. She had a mouthful when she got religion. Just because she's beautiful.............he's stupid. The only positive point - he didn't cause the baby to grow up in a broken home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Confirm that the baby is his, then take it and leave. She won’t be faithful.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

So, in the end Frank is still a cuck and Shayleen gets off the hook entirely? Why is JPB turning into a pussy?

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Reading again. She went way too far, and they let Travon live. Those are the two things that mess up this story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Liked it until the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a Loving wife ? I think a Divorce from her sounds really good to Me . I also wonder if She went home to her husband and kissed him after sucking another mans Dick ? DIVORCE her and try the Brothels in Nevada

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

The story in itself is not bad, there are some holes in the plot (the whole female crowd of employees sleeps with one black guy they have?) but the main problem is RELENTLESS BLABBER.

Very often these LW BTB stories go into pontificating sermons and the authors are basically standing on a soap box delivering their morality speeches. That is freaking annoying. Nobody talks like that, it is artificial creation as in "I wished I said that" in the aftermath. And more importantly nobody would listen to that shit without interrupting.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Dont

Don't agree with the out come.She should have divorced him,he is nothing but a self centered arsehole and it is easy to see why is first two wife's cheated on him. If she had walked out he might have got shocked enough to get back to normal instead of being a part time father,he really did need an attitude transplant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and a great ending.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryabout 2 years ago
Good story

Should have insisted on the post-nup though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written! In the end everyone wins. That is a FIVE in my book. Thanks for sharing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9068 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES