All Comments on 'Frank's Decision'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

judge1179judge1179over 10 years ago
Don't Leave Us Hanging

Could you finish the story? Authors like you always leave us hanging with no resolution. We get to the precipice and are left hanging on the edge.

user110user110over 10 years ago
judge1179

he divorced her.

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Good story that needs to be finished

I really liked this development and would like to see the rest of the story. Even if he goes ahead with the divorce he has given her a out to show him how he could ever trust her again. Could she come up with a plan? Could he reconsider over time and realize that he had acted too precipitously?

Help us with more of your masterful writing.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
The conflict is internal, not external

The point of the story is can he trust his wife. He decided he cannot.

A story is about A conflict. Some have more, but Bob's are always generally a single point.

The point is made with the lawyer call. However...there is ANOTHER story of the parry and thrust of her trying to avoid a divorce he so clearly wants.

Bob has written that sort of story too.

kelchakelchaover 10 years ago
Good One

Especially liked that he didn't wait for her to physically cheat. Far as I can see the marriage is finished and so is the story.

Thanks Bob

orater1orater1over 10 years ago
Thanks Bob

You never cease to capture our attention. Thanks! I like that you capture the delicacy of *unconditional* trust. I'm hoping to see you develop the character (Frank) a little further. The choices Tammy had were always there and would always be there. She had been tempted and even started to employ a way to satisfy the temptation. But Frank was afforded with a "God's 'eye-view'" of his wife's life. And it scares him. I wonder if any of us could withstand a scrutinizing mate's observation into every detail of our private thoughts & fantasies. Just a thought. With Debbie's admission of her love for Frank (mystery man), you have numerous spin-offs available...

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5* One of your best Bob

Once the trust was gone so was their marriage.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Thanks JPB

A good man with his junk fully intact!! JFTDS here is another one to finish off

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
No gangbang, no creampies or DNA forensics needed ( this time )

just a downbeat discourse on how a woman first skews then severs a functioning marriage aided and abetted by her trollop BFF. Trust the unique fisheye storytelling lens of JPB to add ever increasing tension and then poignanancy at conclusion without anything visceral actually occurring.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Almost had me

You almost had me until mum ended up in Vegas and died of aids. Then the old formula of good guy / bad girl, sorry, hero/ dirty filthy cheating slut whore comes out. I hear writing can be cathartic but it's taking a long time to get to the bottom of this wound.

Also can we get something erotic in there, mentioning Dennis has a big dick really doesn't cut it. I don't like reading about cuck's or cheaters but at least they have a sex scene. 1*

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Nice

One of the things that made this more unique than most is the fact that he made his decision on mere intent instead of having to witness or hear about the physical betrayal. Now she can try Dennis, right?

Rogn123Rogn123over 10 years ago
if a big dick

So easily makes a woman lose all morality and good sense, as is depicted in many of these LW stories, then why does Debbie fuck around on Dennis? Most guys dicks are half his size so what is her thrill?

robo29robo29over 10 years ago
doubt

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but doubt will kill a marriage.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 10 years ago
next

I hope you tie up the loose ends in the next chapter. ...fun story!

racoon1174racoon1174over 10 years ago
will there be a sequel

From the recorded the conversation that they had last it was obvious that Debbie had the hots for Frank Frank was the one that could save her from being a slut. I wonder if you're going to do in sequel anytime soon. Give it 5 stars little abrupt with the ending though.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
what loose ends?

Like CBM said, this tale is over. Frank can't and won't stay with a wife he can't trust due to what happened with his mother and father. Hell, even after telling her he knew about her plan to cheat, after telling her he would divorce her for cheating and after telling her his parents story, she still planned on cheating on him ffs.

What loose ends are left?

@falconcrazy88

Frank was of course the guy Debbie was talking about in this story. But she knew he would have nothing to do with her due to him knowing how big a slut she was from their younger days and her continuing to be one, not to mention her part in helping his wife cheat on him. No chance of them hooking up imho.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
good story

I thought Debby was way too obvious, garish in fact, trying to tempt him. Better she had been sexy but respectable. That she would even try was a big suspension in belief. But you're entitled to one and that was it..

When you had Debby say there was only one man who could have saved her from her slutty self but he will never have me, that was just a gratuitous cliche and the story would have been better if you left it out.

hornyman169hornyman169over 10 years ago
Once Again

Another great story like always, a Big 5.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Sequel?

I very rarely request a sequel. Authors have a right to end a story anywhere they like. However, this one seems to call for a part 2.

The story itself was very JPB-like. Characters professing to love each other but, despite that, their behaviors and betrayals seemingly ruled by their genitalia.

Still, I found it very readable and had to finish it after reading the first couple of paragraphs. 5 stars, I'm easy.

IrfonIrfonover 10 years ago
Great !!

Just says it all.

Love without trust,is impossible to live with.

Another good story Bob - nice one !!

pogmapogmaover 10 years ago
Act II

If you don't finish this story, ya know - give her some pain. If you don,t finish this story finishthedamstory will !

I like it so far.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
It Is FINISHED!!!

Loved her but knew he would always have doubts and that was not a good thing for a loving relationship!

The finish - he wrote it - Going to see an attorney in the morning'!!!

Thanks JPB

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HOW DOES ONE JUDGE FEMININE GENETICS

of changing ones mind, TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Great Story*****

YOU THE MAN!!!!!!!! BOB. Thanks for sharing.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
BTW 5*****

Sometime JPB writes a epilog.........sometime. I read on SOL earlier.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
He got it right.

If you know how mixed up another person is, you really lose all trust. The divorce is the only route to avoid going paranoid. The big problem here is whether he can trust another woman after this seven years in heaven.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Long Live The King!

Ok, so this wasn't quite as twisted as some he's written, but still a damn good read. Love it when JPB does BTB or just Moves On from a fucked up relationship/marriage. Great stuff, man.

5 Stars.

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

"If Tammy went through with her plan we were toast. I wouldn't live with a cheating wife."

I would think her plan, regardless of wether she had followed through, was enough to kill the marriage.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
What kind of person did he marry?

It is worth getting rid of her if only for the fact that after 7 years of marriage they had no kids, she hung around with a slut, and now was willing to risk her marriage for a sexual encounter with her slut friends husband. Not to mention the fact that she cheated on her husband before they got married - several times! She is a steaming pile of shit. Flush her!

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Have I missed something?

Frank married Tammy, but hadn't he dated Debbie once or twice. Debbie was fast, but she'd said there'd been one guy she'd fallen in love with after only a couple dates. She told Tammy had she gotten that guy she' would never ever have cheated on him. Is there are second part to this story? Is Frank Debbie's once in a life time heart throb? JPB have you set something up, or am I just living in a trash can? And if I'm right have I fucked up the rest of the story?

Of course I always like a JPB. He's a fiver just like on Watership Down.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@ carvohi

From Debbie's perspective Frank might have been her one and only but I didn't see anything simular with Frank in this story. Seeing as he avoided screwing her like she had the pox when they dated due to the advice about sluts from his dad, what happened to his mate Fred, seeing Debbie cheat on her marriage after just a year and he knew she was helping his wife to cheat on him, Debbie is the last person I could see him hooking up with.

JPB is a swine at times for his rather open ended tales and while this one is pretty wrapped up, I just can't see a sequel in the work's nor what it would offer.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
This is a Ready Made Case

For counseling. I know the BTB crowd hates the idea of giving the marriage another chance, but in the real world most marriages survive much worse than this level if conflict. A good counselor could get these two communicating like never before, getting Tammy to do whatever it takes to remove Frank's doubts and fears. You are a good writer because your stories evoke feelings, good and bad, in your readers.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Sequel

First...this doesn't NEED a sequel! Bobster has done ANOTHER happy ending in a row! (Maybe that's why he MAY write a Ch2...to give Frank a chance to wuss out, after all!).

Generally (but not always) the Bobster puts Ch01 on his first chapter in a series! But maybe he's sandbagging his readers on that choice!

Second...I would like this a lot better if it IS a complete, finished stand-alone! It is a worthy FIVE star tale, without Sweetie getting stuffed (pity, she might decide that a bruised cervix is NOT a girl's best friend - as she's getting served!). Glad Hubby disclosed his last analysis because, as he was listening to Sweetie claim her decision to forego the Burro Boner of Dennis, I was thinking the same thing he later considered. No need to live with those kinds of doubt and continual mistrust!

5*

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Great Ending!

Tammy planned to cheat. "Curiosity' killed the cat. Why should Frank wait until wife actually did cheat? She already proved that she could not be trusted. They had no children even after seven years, so if he waited children might make the breakup far more of a disaster. He needs to find a spouse for the 'long term'. with whom he can have children and a real family life! Time for him to get on with his life and perhaps find the spouse that he really wants. Time is a wasting. Thanks, JPB. Dan (phd70). Look forward to more of your work.

wanoldmanwanoldmanover 10 years ago
Well ??

Chapter Two ??

CybawulfCybawulfover 10 years ago
Pretty good

I think it needs a part 2, to close off the loose ends, first elaborating on the part about debbie saying she would've gone slut cold turkey for some guy, i have an idea of who she might be talking about, if the intent was just to add some small talk over their phone conversation then maybe saying something along the lines of "they started some idol chit chat about debbies past and a guy that got away .....blah blah etc, but the author chose to divulge into the conversation more detail then what was maybe needed which could suggest that there could be another dimension to the story steering it into yet another direction. but then maybe i'm just over thinking it. secondly i think he needs to fully confirm if the last phone call was a setup, as it wasn't made right away, she could've went to whores house and planned a conversation to make it sound somewhat legit, but as the writer says how could he trust her now? if it ends up being just a one chapter effort it was pretty decent.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Great decision Frank. It was the only logical decision to be made. To have to be constantly worried when you weren't home that she would be fucking around was a burden no sane man would want. Great tale.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Good Read

Seems there us a sequel to this tale.

Does Tammy get kicked out, does Tammy find a way to convince Frank she is sincere, does Frank go through with the solicitor visit, do get divorced, does Tammy remain true to Frank even after divorce ! ?

So many questions !

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 10 years ago
Good Story, But...

Too many loose ends & questions like other commenters have said. Needs a 2nd chapter.

rjm2rjm2over 10 years ago
Wha? Huh? Uh.......

Look JPB, I truly like most everything of yours I have read, but you gonna finish this one? Talk about leaving something unfinished. I had to give you just 3 stars for that alone. I usually give you 5, and leave no comments.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
not finished

sorry. gave it a 1. it simply s not done. half a story does not rate.

user110user110over 10 years ago
how can you say it's not done?

six months later the divorce was final.

the end.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 10 years ago
how do you ?

So how do you convince someone, whose trust you have lost, to trust you ?

A stranger would have an easier time gaining trust, having given no reason not to be trusted.

But when you already know that they will lie to you, what then ?

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
finish please

gave it a 1. not finished. it is too bad because you write very well.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

You should really write a proper conclusion to this tale. What I've read so far is good - and I've been very fair by voting 4/5 stars for it - but it could be so much more with the aftermath to finish the story off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

JPB NEVER FINISHES A STORY. HE LEAVES IT UP TO US CAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE BALLS TO FINISH THEM.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
some times I don't get people

the story's name is "frank's decision" and he made why do people need things spelled out for them. It took him awhile but he finally listened to his father's advise!!!!! people do not change unless they are forced to. I guess another thing that he should have seen was birds of a feather, we are our friends and he should have done something about the friendship along time ago. but life is a learning experience and we learn as we go.

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
Complete, but unsatisfying

The story is about the decision, but after the time spent describing the events leading up to it, the reader is denied the satisfaction of the cheating wife's house of cards collapsing as the decision is implemented.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
MARRIAGE VOWS 101

instead of honor its trust, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
In the end

He choose to divorce her because he was ensure if what he hear was the truth or not BECAUSE HE WAS TOO STUPIDE TO BE SURE THE RECORDER WAS EXACTLY WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IF HE WANTED TRICK HIS WIFE WITH A SECOND RECORDER. In the end the second record is useless. Even his father give to wife a second chance after she actually cheated him, and his wife was actually a slut. And I know about the broken trust but it could have helped on the long run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Last Poster

It was tricky trying to understand your post, but I think you were trying to say he should stay married to her. I don't think so! Staying married to her would be standing on a sidewalk with a piano held aloft by a fraying rope. It is going to come crashing down, the only question is when. Is he going to be an idiot and stand there, or is he going to do the sane thing and get the bleep out of there? His dad should have kicked his mom out the first time but they had a young child and had the screws put to him by both families. His dad finally learned a hard lesson and passed it down to his son. I agree with Frank 100%, he could not live like that.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I believe

JPB kept us in suspense until the end. Maybe I feel that way because I could have lived with divorce or reconciliation. Reconciliation would have needed him telling her if he even suspected she was cheating.... I know, that would be like standing under the hoisted piano, and the ropes had already broken. JPB did repeat some thing - generally no more than 1-3 paragraphs later.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 9 years ago
JPB Does It Again

JPB, you are amazing. The volume of your work is impressive, but its very high quality is what makes it amazing. Thanks!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
missed a call

Frank followed the logic, just not far enough.

He said Tammy and Debbie were very close so he could not see Debbie getting Tammy's husband to cheat on her.

What he should have said that the only way she would do that was if Tammy and Dennis had already cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well that was funny

But Bob - I have to ask you. Do you have a hard on for someone in real life named Frank? Because the Frank's in your stories all seem like dumb nuts. And they're constantly getting shit on. It's kinda funny. Kinda like the Nancy's and Bev's that show up repeatedly as sluts and whores. Another good story. As always a few questions linger.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WELL...THAT IS ONE WAY TO GO

Yet there is always a Plan B.C.D. etc. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
good story

aside from his background, there was two more things to consider. when the kids finally came would they be his, and would she wait till they had a nice house to start. plus there's the problem with stopping maybe, along with catching STD, because Dennis was already fucking around with strange, and she was told that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
GREAT story

And one that I can commiserate with.

I was always told to either marry a virgin or a slut. A virgin didn't know what she had or might be missing, a slut had had it all so if she married you, she was happy with you. I screwed up bad.

I married a girl who had two boyfriends. The first one that popped her cherry was HUNG. In a drunken moment of lapsed judgment, she told me was about 8 1/2" long, but THICK. Thicker than her wrist, much thicker. They broke up because the guy, Tom, decided he should share his cock with multiple women.

Her second boyfriend had a LONG cock, she figured about 9", because he was longer than her first. It was just that he had a very skinny cock. Then he hit her so she shitcanned him before he could do it again.

Then we got together and she took my cherry and declared my cock to be just right. About 7 1/2" but pretty thick at over 6" around, she said it was just right. I thought she was perfect too and we married. I was so in love, perhaps because she was my first, but I thought she loved me too. There was never any indication she was anything but happy with me.

Then one night she didn't want to mess around after I came home from work. She damned near fought me, if I had pushed things. That was the first time in our 18 months of marriage. It was shocking and confusing to me. Jodi didn't work and did a fabulous job of keeping our place just perfect looking, inside and out. But something wasn't right and I needed to find out.

Borrowing a buddy's van, I took a couple days off work (I worked nights). Parking across the street, I settled down to watch. Having left at my regular time, 8 pm, I wasn't surprised when Tom's '66 Camaro pulled in in front of our house. Jodi was waiting and ready and came almost skipping out. That alone almost broke my heart. Not only had she reconnected with him the moment he moved back to town, she was happy with the cheater who had left her.

I followed them to his parents house. Tom had came back to town because of his mom dying, his dad having passed away when he was young. So he took up residence in his moms place, the same place my wife said she lost her virginity. I didn't exactly follow them but as soon as I saw the direction they were going, I just headed straight for his house, taking my time. As I drove by, they were walking toward his front door, holding her hand.

Did they fuck? Don't care. I really don't fucking care. I drove away because I didn't want to see the bedroom light come on. Instead, I drove to my former home, a rental, and packed all my shit as fast as I could. Anything that wasn't mine specifically, I left. Things I took were my laptop, clothes, guns my grandpa had left me and other personal items. My cellphone and ring I left on the kitchen table, then I drove away.

Two months later I had found a new job about 1340 miles from my hometown. I had lived in my truck, eating PB&J sandwiches until I got it and then my first paycheck. I didn't even bother to check in with my parents or friends, other than a quick call to my folks telling them Jodi had cheated on me and I had left. They were sorry, both really liked her. After six months I had actually bought a tiny house on a small piece of property and had a cellphone again. Calling my folks, I just checked in to let them know where I was and that I was alive.

They told me some interesting stories, I'm not sure I can believe. They had a heckuva long talk with my wife, telling her what I'd seen and what I suspected. She was horrified, telling them nothing like that happened, she was going over to give her ex a woman's idea on how to redecorate his folks house so that it would be his, instead of him living in their house. She would never cheat on me, she loved me and Tom was part of her past. They asked me to call her and talk, giving her a chance to tell her side.

I know what I saw. I saw her kiss and slide over next to him when she got in that old car, one she had fucked him in many many times. I saw them hold hands on the way to his front door and you don't do any of that if you are just going to just measuring fucking drapes. I told my folks that and went back to my life. But in the meantime, I called my buddy who lent me his van and asked him for a favor. He came through big and in the next week, I was ready.

I called Jodi. She sounded so glad to hear my voice and swore nothing happened, I had imagined more than what happened. She was so sincere and wanted me to either come home or let her know where I was so she could come to me. She wanted to have my babies. So I asked her how much she loved me and she let me know, more than life itself. Asking her if she still had the same email address, she said she did so I told her to fire up her laptop, I had something for her. I sent her an attached file, but I also sent it to my folks, her folks, Tom (yes, I had his address!), her siblings and her boss.

I heard her gasp and start to cry when she opened it. It was pictures of her riding Tom's cock in his living room, bedroom and yes, even his '66 Camaro. My buddy was thorough! She also saw the multiple addresses and realized what I did. When I hung up, she sounded almost hysterical.

That was 4 years ago and we're divorced. She moved in with Tom and from what I understood, was pregnant within a few months. Over the past 4 years he pounded 3 babies into her and then she caught him fucking her best friend, again. She moved out and is divorcing him.

Me? I married a virgin, the second time around. She seems satisfied. I know I sure as hell am.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
At least he reached the right conclusion

No trust = no marriage. At least not one that would survive in the long run. Well done Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What Was Frank's Decision?

Did I miss it? The decision, did he make it? Where was I? To see a lawyer? Was that his decision? I would of thought that you could of carried the story through to the end of the divorce at least. Again no true ending to the story. You have WAY to many stories with No True Ending.

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Rushed Ending!

Divorce due to lack of trust. Wise man!

Never did reveal who Deb's mystery love was but have to conclude that it was the one who got away,Frank.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Should

Should have given her the benefit of doubt about the proposed morning phone call and given her one last chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

If I were to continue it, it would probably start with her giving him the divorce if he gives her the chance to earn his trust again. This would be a learning process that would teach them who each of them are now and who they want to become. It would then become a matter of if either is able and willing to put in the effort it will take to make that change. But here’s the question; should they be together or move into the next part of their lives. My opinion is that they would move on. But that’s what I would do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice story but the ending...

The ending was too abrupt. Instead of telling us he was going to see a lawyer, you should've shown their last marital days. The ending had no emotional impact because of that.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
1*

Sadly one star due to not having a real ending like many of jpb's stories

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 5 years ago
You did it just right

People who complain about "no ending" have no imagination. They should just read Grimm's Fairy Tales instead of your excellent stories. 5* from me.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
PLANNING TO ROOT AND SCOOT

disregarding what you got is mute. TK U MLJ LV NV

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
The story is fine as is. I generally lead the FTDS charge at full gallop with my saber running Cucks through as we cross the breached abatis.

This one don't need it. Her slut character doesn't rate an aftermath DUH.

PS. Good job with figuring out she "planted " her final statement that she wouldn't cheat. She knew if he tapped it once, he would probably do it again.

Dunny69Dunny69over 5 years ago
No conclusion

There was an indication Frank was the special man in Debbie's life was there a continuation, also there was no final discussion when he had his final confronts in because his wife doesn't believe it will happen. All in all a little bit more was needed to round it off for me so I was a bit dissapointed my enjoyment was suddenly curtailed.

Dunny69Dunny69over 5 years ago
Finish abruptly with no conclusion

I was enjoying that and suddenly the end page came in view and I began to dread a rushed ending without resolve, drama, and the emotional content on the eluded end of marriage. There was lots of unanswered questions was Debbie's "lost saviour" Frank would they get together after hearing she would have been true to the special one. Did Dennis receive just deserts? Finally where was the closing emotional drama as he reveals his final decision presents the papers and she realises that this really is it, " she is busted" definitely need ch2 sorry Bob

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Decent

A decent JPB story, but.not a strong finish. Can't have a marriage without trust. He got that part right.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
ALL THAT HE THOUGHT

could come true with a vengeance, but would/could it happen, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Didn't end too abruptly

H understood the situation and took decisive action....none of the nonsense typical of the usual weak LW husband who vomits, freezes in place, blubbers, or spends time with a voodoo priestess known as a "marriage counselor". He got the facts, did a risk assessment, and pulled the trigger. Good job. A rare LW male character.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
JPB is known for his “unfinished” stories. But usually there is some vague hint of where the story will go.

But this story... holy crap! It’s just *slice* full truncation right in the middle. Where the fuck is this one going?

Very unsatisfying. 2-stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
The Recorder

"What if Tammy noticed the recorder was gone and hadn't looked to see if it was on the floor?" - She HAS the recorder, she has no reason to think she's being recorded.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
That's it, isn't?

Once trust is gone, you're pretty much done. She was awfully cold when she planned her betrayal. She may recalculate, but the cold never really goes away. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Debbie's 'one man' was probably Frank...

... Just a thought.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Good story

weak ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@ ANONYMOUS (GREAT story) 06/16/15

VERY interesting autobiographical comment.

A great twin/addendum to Just Plain Bob's story.

Probably my biggest pet peeve with JPB is unresolved/unfinished stories, of which he has too, too many.

This is not one of them.

The trip to the lawyer to get a divorce

IS plenty enough ending for me.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Paul in Oklahoma

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Cut one star,

from an otherwise 5 star story for not finishing. Three things needed resolved.

First, Dennis need dealt with.

Second, Tammy needed to be enlightened that even though he heard her latest phone call to Deb, actually canceling her tryst, the trust was destroyed and he was still going to divorce her. What she HAD ALREADY done, "the plan" was unforgiveable.

Third, I agree with another comment that Frank was probably Deb's secret love, but that suggestion was left too vague... didn't have to be spelled out, but that suggestion would have been easy to plant.

On the plus side, I was afraid Frank was going to cave... kudos to JPB for not going there and having Frank realize that the "new phone tap" may have been discovered & that call to Deb may have been damage control...

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Like the road that just stops in the middle of nowhere because somebody ran out of money, likewise this story just stopped in the middle of nowhere because JPB ran out of words (again).

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Stopped too quickly. Glad he isn't a JPB CUCK!!!

rdtreerdtreeover 3 years ago

This brings up an interesting predicament: if you are aware of a spouse's plans for infidelity do you "nip it in the bud " before it happens or do you wait and see if she goes through with it in order to test her character and commitment. It really doesn't matter which option is taken, the marriage is ruined because intent destroyed the trust.

The author does a great job of showing just that. If a spouse must always worry about the other cheating when apart, it will eat away at the mind, body, and spirit. Nobody can live like that. Tammy was a tactician in her scheme, accounting for every possible option. She ruined everything. The ending was perfect. Being led by the hand and force fed a conclusion would take away from a great story.

5 big ones baby!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too many people don't understand "The perfect is the enemy of the good."

Bob knocked out a nice fairly short story, easily read on a lunch break, and because he didn't go through all the machinations with the bank and somehow taking revenge on a pussyhound who was only trying to get what he had been led to believe he could have, they're complaining that it was too short.

By this point most readers know JPB's m.o. and if they don't like it stop reading it, and go back to the cuck-tales du jour club.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he only submitted three stories in '20, one being his take on the February thing.

Thanks Bob.

☆☆☆☆☆

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

I think he's right to divorce her because he can't trust her. It'll be a great lesson for her to help with her next husband. But Debbie and Dennis has to be dealt with.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Don’t trust her, can’t stay with her. Good story.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Indeed, fitting ending though reconciliation with postnup was also possible. Not a bad story, a bit slim on the plot. The "Dennis" character deserves some amputation surgery as well to be reminded of "friendship" when he takes a leak.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Obviously

Obviously he doesn't want to stay married to her ,instead of giving her a chance.All he had to do was buy a chastity belt and fit her with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please finish the story, it isn't worth much left incomplete.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Finish your story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Authors usual MO. Writes a good story and then it falls off a cliff.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What wasn’t finished about the story? They’re getting divorced! End of story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I usually don’t but this time I did read other comments before I formulated mine.

I see many thought it was truncated. I found the ending complete. Sure I like to read how he burned the bitch, but it wasn’t needed to complete the tale.

He was correct that he could not trust her after what she did. Had he not confronted her until the next afternoon & heard her admit that she changed her mind he might have had a different reaction. Even then he’d always have that doubt. No, this was the needed ending, but he would still have doubts that he did the right thing if his love for her was strong enough.

Bill S.

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
I

Don't like these stories but he should have already taken dennis to task for ruining his marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good start, but where's the ending? How about some payback in Dennis & Debbie for pushing it? Why can't you FTDS!

mfbridgesmfbridges4 months ago

I was pretty sure Debbie was talking about Frank. I guess not since nothing else was said.

ReadyOneReadyOne8 days ago

For those who think the story is unfinished, please refer to the title: "Frank's Decision".

.

Frank decided. No trust = no marriage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9059 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

SIMILAR Stories