Freshers Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Pleased to meet you Beth!" Brianne said warmly.

"Brianne is to be our model for today." Phyllis explained,"You don't mind if Beth here sits in on today's session do you?"

"No, not at all!" Brianne replied brightly, "Is she your new protégé or something?"

"Well, let's just say I think she's talented enough to go a long way!" Phyllis said.

"I see." Brianne replied, "Like that is it?"

"Well, it's early days yet, but I think I have faith in her abilities." Phyllis said.

"Oh I bet you have!" Brianne said with a slight chuckle, "Well, I suppose I'd better get ready. Usual room available?"

"Oh, yes you know where to go." Phyllis replied, "Come on Beth, give us a hand with the chaise."

Brianne left the two of us to return to what we were doing, giving me a slightly knowing smile as she went off towards a large alcove that had been curtained off from the rest of the studio.

Together we manhandled the chaise on to the low stage we had built. It wasn't particularly heavy, but it was a bit unwieldy for one person. Phyllis set about draping various throws over the chaise, arranging them just how she wanted.

Her group of students began to file into the room, greeting Phyllis with warm 'hello's' and 'afternoon's' as they came in. Like my own first year group, this group seemed to be predominantly female, with only a couple of male students among their number. They began setting up easels and stools and set up small tables next to them upon which to put their palettes and spare brushes. The students placed their canvasses on their assigned easel - obviously they had been in store in an adjacent room somewhere. Already they had rough sketches of a reclining female nude so it was immediately apparent that this was a work in progress for them.

"Everybody ready?" Phyllis asked the group once everyone seemed to be settled in.

She looked around the room to see if anyone needed a few more moments.

"Good. Now, we shall pick up from where we left off last week." Phyllis said just as Brianne swished back the curtain and came in to the room. She was dressed only in a vivid red satin nightgown.

"By now all of you should have completed your preparatory sketches so we shall spend this session putting some colour on and gradually building up layers. Don't worry if it doesn't feel like it's coming together right away. Remember, these are oils we are working with so there is no need to rush things. Take your time with this one, there will be another two sessions after today so you will have plenty of time to get this right before the end of term."

She looked to her students one final time to make sure they were all ready to begin. Brianne untied her robe and then casually shrugged it off to leave her completely naked. She stepped up onto the dais and laid herself out on the chaise. She had a decent enough figure, tall and lithe but without appearing too top-heavy. Her long blonde hair flowed over her shoulders, framing her feminine features and her cherry red lips. Her hips were wide and her legs were slender, and between those legs was a neatly trimmed bush of dark brown pubic hair. As soon as she adopted her reclining pose, Phyllis mounted the stage herself and, referring from a photograph she had taken (obviously for reference from an earlier session), she began to manhandle Brianne and to adjust her pose accordingly. For a split second I noticed her actually place her hand briefly on Brianne's breast - surely they didn't need adjusting did they?

The sounds of brushes being taken out and paints being mixed provided the soundtrack as Phyllis made sure everything was how she wanted it before giving her signal to her students to begin.

---

"So... what did you think of her?" Phyllis asked me once the session came to an end and I started helping her to pack everything away.

"What, Brianne?" I asked, "Well, she was um... very pretty I guess."

"I had a feeling you'd like her." Phyllis beamed, "She's an ex-student of mine actually."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's a nice girl - very... open-minded." Phyllis said as she carried one of the collapsible stage segments back into the storeroom.

"I guess you need to be a bit open-minded in order to pose in front of a group of people like that."

"Naked, you mean?" Phyllis replied, "I used to do it myself, once upon time."

"You?? You posed nude?" I exclaimed.

"Sure, it's no big deal really." Phyllis said, "Well, not for a woman anyway. Or at least that's how it seems anyway."

"How do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well, let's just say that for some reason reason I have an easier time recruiting female models than I do finding male models." Phyllis said with a slight sigh, "Some men are all too happy to bare all in a group or if they think there might be a chance of getting some action, but put them on their own before a group of art students and suddenly they're not so keen."

"Why is that, do you suppose?" I queried.

"Well I'm guessing - just guessing, mind - that it might have something to do with them erm... ahem, accidentally 'standing to attention'."

She allowed me a moment to picture the scene.

"Oh!" I said after a moment's realisation.

"Yep, they're all too scared they'll get a stiffy in class!" Phyllis chuckled, "I can't say I blame them though, I guess it must be pretty embarrassing for them. Still, it'd be nice to have a confident male model again - we haven't had one in here for... let me see... three years now."

"How much does it pay?" I asked, "Er, just out of curiosity."

Phyllis casually rattled off a figure that was enough to pay for a whole week's food and rent.

"What, for just a couple of hours of sitting around naked?" I asked for clarification.

"Well, for standing around naked as well." Phyllis answered, "It's not as easy as that though - there is a lot of self-discipline involved in maintaining a pose for long enough. Limbs can get very tired and it can also feel quite cold stood up there with no clothes on. Why do you ask anyway? You thinking of posing?"

"Me? No!" I replied quickly, "Like you said, it's male models you need more of."

"Oh. Yes of course." Phyllis replied.

I don't know if it was my imagination running away with me but for the merest fleeting of seconds I thought I detected a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"But I think I know someone who might be willing to give it a go." I said.

An Interview With a Difference (Tommy)

"You did what?!?" I gasped in utter disbelief.

"I didn't tell her you'd do it Tommy, I just said that you might consider it." Beth replied defensively.

We were sat at the kitchen table together, drinking mugs of hot tea whilst Terri stood at the cooker preparing our evening meal. It would've seemed just like any other domestic scene apart from one key difference - we were all naked, as we had become used to the habit of being undressed whilst in our flat. Sure there are plenty of folks that would find the notion of being nude at home a bit odd, but we were all committed naturists by then and being naked just felt... well, more comfortable.

"Yes but... you can't go around saying things like that without consulting me first." I persisted.

"I am consulting you! What do you think I'm doing right now? Tommy, you know I'd never do anything that'd embarrass you." Beth said, clearly trying to sound reassuring, "Nobody's going to force you into doing anything you don't want to do. But Phyllis is willing to pay you enough for a whole week's worth of food and rent for just a couple of hours of sitting around, that's got to be worth thinking about at least."

"I think you should do it." Terri chipped in as she stirred the bolognese sauce and tended to the pasta.

"That's easy for you to say, Miss 'I can't find a job'!" I retorted.

"Hey, I am trying y'know!" Terri replied angrily wielding the wooden spoon she was using, "It's not my fault all you bloody students have invaded and taken all the decent jobs!"

"I'm sorry Terri." I sighed, "That was out of order. I know you're trying to find something - I just wish you'd find some work and be able to stand on your own two feet. If only to prove to your mum that you can be independent."

"Apology accepted." Terri said and returned to what she was doing. "Anyway, how different can it be to what you did for me and Beth back in the summer?" She continued over her shoulder as she stirred the sauce, "You seemed okay with baring all that time."

"Yes, well that was different!" I replied tersely.

"Different? How?" Terri asked me.

"Well, for one thing it was just for the two of you and not a whole room full of people!" I explained, "And secondly there was an... incentive."

"I'm sure Terri and I could help you there." Beth said with a sly wink.

I gave my sister a look that could cut through solid steel at that remark. Beth placed her hand on my shoulder in an effort to calm me.

"Anyway, why couldn't Terri pose for this Phyllis woman?" I asked.

"Because it's male models that she needs." Beth answered, "And whichever way you look at it, Terri is most definitely female, so that counts her out from the start. And I can't do it because, well I'm one of her students - it might be a bit awkward."

I sighed deeply in resignation.

"C'mon, say at least that you'll consider it." Beth continued, "What is it they say in America? 'Take one for the team'."

"I'm just... not sure about this." I said.

"You'll be fine." Terri added as she sat next to me and placed her hand on my other shoulder.

I sighed.

"All right." I resolved, "I'll go and see this Phyllis woman. But I'm not promising anything, mind!"

The thought of posing nude for a group of student artists still sat uneasily with me, which was in retrospect a pretty absurd notion, given that at that moment I was sitting nude between two young women. I was confident in my skin - I had no problem being naked amongst a group of people. The real issue was that in those groups, everybody else was naked too. Posing before a group of students meant that I would be the only naked person in the room - that was what was bothering me. But, I had to admit, the money this Phyllis woman was offering me for simply posing in the nude sounded tempting - it'd certainly be a boost to our finances. Money wasn't exactly tight, but we had very little extra cash to treat ourselves. All our wages went towards our rent and food and paying bills - having a little extra set aside for a rainy day would be rather helpful. How bad could it be? I reasoned to myself. Just as soon as I had that thought the little voice in my head cautioned me about the embarrassment of unwanted and, more seriously, inappropriate erections.

Forcing that thought from my mind took considerable effort - not least because it was so persistent. It constantly bubbled up from the depths of my psyche every time I thought it had gone away. In the end, that thought of 'what if I get an erection?' kept on resurfacing right up until the very moment I found myself outside Beth's art tutor's office.

---

I knocked nervously on the door marked 'P. Southwick', already my mouth felt dry and my heart was racing - and I hadn't even met the woman yet.

"Come in." I heard the woman's voice call from the other side of the door.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and stepped into the room.

"Mrs. Southwick? I'm Tommy - Beth's er, boyfriend." I said as I closed the door behind me.

The room was cluttered and filled with of works of art, some of which were undoubtedly her own. Books on art history and periodicals lined the shelves and her desk was littered with paperwork.

"Ah Tommy, so glad you could come. Please, call me Phyllis." She said warmly as she stood up from behind her desk, "Beth speaks so highly of you - I do hope you can help us out here. Would you like to take a seat?"

She motioned across to the corner of the room where two armchairs sat in front of a low circular table. A large fern in an ornate pot sat on the windowsill alongside.

"So as you can appreciate, interviewing for a life model is a reasonably informal affair, so please try to relax." She said as she sat down opposite me, "I don't need to ask you for any form of qualifications or references or anything like that. I'd just like to find out a little about you. Tell me about yourself."

"Well, I er... I'm from a little town called Westborough-on-sea down in Sussex." I began.

"Westborough you say?" Phyllis remarked, "I used to go on holiday there as a child! My Aunty used to live there and we came to visit her every summer. Lovely beach there, much nicer than Brighton!"

"Yes, well... I'm a first year archaeology student over at the university across town, I share a flat with my... girlfriend and her friend, I work in a record store in town." I said as she looked on.

"What sort of things do you like doing?" She enquired.

"Well, I like reading - I particularly enjoy thrillers, I play the guitar, I enjoy football, I love heavy metal." I continued.

"You play guitar eh? Are you in a band or anything?" Phyllis asked.

"Not at the moment." I replied, "I was hoping to join a band up here but work and study commitments kind of have to take priority. Same thing goes for football really."

"So, what makes you think you might be suitable for life modelling?" Phyllis asked, "You are aware of what it entails I take it? It does involve taking your clothes off and posing in the nude."

"Er, yes." I answered, suddenly feeling my cheeks flush, "Well, both Beth and I are erm... naturists you see, and she thinks I might be um... suitable."

"So, I take it you have no body confidence issues." Phyllis said, "I know from experience that men can experience body confidence issues as well as women. Just in different, ahem, areas."

I immediately latched on to what she meant by that. The truth was, I was perfectly happy about my size 'down there'. Sure, I wasn't the best endowed specimen of masculinity, but I was by no means the smallest either. I had two beautiful women back home that appreciated me, and also enjoyed me on a regular basis.

"Is there anything you'd like to know about life modelling?" Phyllis asked, "Beth tells me you've never done it before, but experience isn't really necessary - all you need is an open mind and enough concentration to maintain a pose."

I thought for a moment. There was of course one question I had to ask, the question pretty much any man would ask in that particular situation. But I decided not to come out with it straight away.

"What sort of hours are we talking here?" I asked.

"Well, it can be pretty flexible - I'd be quite happy to schedule sessions around your university course and your other work and study commitments." Phyllis explained, "All I'd ask is that when a time and date is scheduled that you keep to it. It doesn't really matter to me if you don't turn up as agreed, but the last thing I want is for my students to be left in the lurch. As far as the actual sessions go, it's usually for two hours. The poses vary from session to session and from group to group - sometimes it's just the one pose with a short break to give you a chance to stretch your limbs, other times it can be several poses in quick succession."

"And what about payment?" I asked.

"Well, payment for modelling work is usually on the day by cheque from the department's budget." Phyllis replied, "If it becomes a more regular thing we may be able to come to a different arrangement if you'd prefer."

A silence followed for a few uneasy moments.

"Was there something else?" Phyllis asked after a while.

It was now or never. I felt I had to ask that question.

"Erm... what about er... well, what if I um..."

"Get an erection?" Phyllis said coolly, anticipating my question before I'd had a chance to complete my stuttering enquiry.

"Erm... well, yes." I replied bashfully, feeling my cheeks flare into an embarrassed blush.

"That's quite alright - I was sort of expecting you to ask about that." The art tutor said with a knowing smile, "Men always ask that question!"

"Well?" I asked expectantly.

"If it happens, it happens." Phyllis replied matter-of-factly, "I mean, it can be disruptive if you get an erection, and of course it can cause embarrassment - both for yourself and the students. And if it should happen you'd be expected to... excuse yourself as discretely as possible. At the end of the day, the more relaxed you are the less likely you are to have an unwanted erection. Of course being a naturist helps with being nude in front of other people, but being the only nude person in a room full of clothed people can still be daunting to begin with.

"What I'd usually suggest, seeing as it'd be your first time, is to put you into a fairly relaxed pose. Possibly even one where you can close your eyes and pretend to be asleep. If you're nice and relaxed it also helps the time pass quicker too. The more confident you get the more adventurous the poses can be. Also, I would eventually like to be able to pose you together with another model - but I'd only suggest that if you were comfortable doing it."

"I see." I replied.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. This Phyllis woman seemed fairly open and honest about everything - Beth certainly spoke highly of her.

"What about um... privacy?" I asked.

"There is a specially curtained off area for the model, or models to use. I would of course recommend that you bring a dressing gown or a robe of some sort to use before beginning a pose and for during breaks." Phyllis said, "Assuming that you'd be up for modelling for us."

"Yes, okay." I found myself saying, "What the hell - you only live once. I'll give it a try!"

"Excellent!" Phyllis enthused warmly, "We can start off with a trial session to see how you get on and then take it from there. If you'd like to model for us on a more regular basis then we'd be happy to work something out, but if you find it too uncomfortable and don't want to do it again then nobody would hold it against you. But you never know unless you give it a try."

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose." I said.

"Precisely!" Phyllis replied, "Now, there's only one thing left to do. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have a look at what we have to work with. Could you slip off your things for me? Don't worry, I'll make sure nobody comes bursting in."

"Erm... yes, sure." I answered.

Of course I had seen this coming, hence why I had been so nervous to begin with. Phyllis stood up and went over to lock her office door so that we wouldn't be disturbed.

"I can turn around if you don't want me to see you undressing." Phyllis said as she came and stood before me.

"No, that's alright." I replied, "I suppose you'll be seeing me naked anyway, it kinda makes no odds really."

"Well, just as long as you're comfortable with it." Phyllis said, "I will always ask you what you are and are not comfortable with - I won't ever make you do anything you don't want to do."

Well that was a comforting thought at least. I slipped off my trainers and unhooked my belt as Phyllis looked on.

"Just pop your clothes on the chair." Phyllis said as I took my jeans off.

I draped my jeans on the back of the chair I had been sitting in and then took off my sweater and my t-shirt. My socks followed next until I was down to just my underwear. I had anticipated that I would have to show this woman what I had to offer at some point, so I made sure to wear my best pants that day. I slipped my crisp white and freshly laundered briefs down off my hips and let them simply drop to the floor to leave me naked. I stooped down to pick them up and then placed them on the chair along with the rest of my clothes and then simply stood there in front of Phyllis's appraising gaze.