Friend Zone

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers

"I don't know, Denise."

"Do you want it to go somewhere?"

"I'm not sure, Denise."

"You're not waiting for me are you?"

I sighed again. "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, OK?"

Denise stared at me for a while.

"You are, aren't you?"

"I am what?"

"Waiting for me?"

"I just said, I have no clue."

"Oh, Eddie, I'm sorry." She started bawling.

I dropped 60 dollars on the table. The waitress would be getting a substantial tip.

I led Denise out as quickly as I could.

---

I found an out of the way spot and dragged Denise there. I hugged her as she sobbed on my shoulder. She was holding me tight.

"It's OK, Denise. It's all right."

She eventually settled down.

She stared up at me. "Oh, Eddie, sorry for losing it. Everything is just hitting me at once."

"It's OK, honey. Can I take you to my place? I promise. There will be no expectations of anything besides coffee and conversation."

She nodded her head.

Once we were settled in the living room and sipping our beverages we really talked. I was in my Lazy Boy and Denise was on the couch. We were fairly close but definitely separate.

The conversation went all over the place. I heard about Denise's little brother. I heard about her best friend when she was growing up. I told her some funny stories about my days in high school. The time flew by. Denise finally looked at her watch.

"Oh my God, Eddie. It's 2 AM."

"Really. Wow. I guess I should take you back to your car at Henrietta's, huh?"

She stared at me and then nodded.

"Yep, good call, Eddie."

---

I pulled in to the almost empty parking lot and we got out of the car. Denise pushed right up against me and we hugged fiercely. There was no kissing or fondling, but somehow it felt like we were making out.

I eventually pulled away. "Bye, Denise. I hope we can do this again sometime soon."

She smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheek and then got into her car.

---

Lynda was dressed much more conservatively the next Monday at Taco Bell.

She was still gorgeous but she was much more restrained.

"Thanks Lyn."

"Thanks for what, Eddie?"

"Thanks for dressing a little more normally. Last time was over the top."

Lynda gave me an impish grin.

"I bet I could seduce you again, even dressed like this."

I laughed. "I'm sure you could. Please don't try."

She giggled again. "Aww come one, Eddie. It might be fun."

She wasn't seriously trying to seduce me this time. She was just joking around.

I just laughed with her.

Once we got to the park and had done the rounds we settled down for a rest. The talk turned more serious and I heard about some of her daughter, Cindy's, latest exploits. We chatted for at least a couple of hours. The mosquitoes started to attack and we decided to head back.

I walked Lynda to her car and we stopped to kiss for a bit. It was nice, but not sexually aggressive like last time. When the kissing ended and Lynda opened her car door, I said, "Lyn, honey, I would like to meet Cindy. What do you think?"

Lynda gave me a look.

"What are you saying, Eddie?"

"Lets meet together at a restaurant that she likes, the three of us. I just would like to meet her. It doesn't mean anything, hun."

Lynda looked at me for a bit.

"OK, Eddie, let's meet at McDonald's on King St. tomorrow night at 6. She really likes the playplace there.

"Sounds like a plan. Thanks, Hun."

We gave each other a quick peck and then she drove off.

----

There was an email from Denise waiting when I got back:

Hi Eddie,

I guess you are out with Lynda right now. I'm

curious to see how that is going. Let's get together

Friday night. You pick the place this time.

Denise.

I decided to hold off on responding until after I met with Lynda and Cindy.

----

Surprise, surprise. Lynda's daughter, Cindy, was a pretty, and well behaved five year old. She didn't really interact with me all that much. She was more interested in the slides and the other kids at the playplace.

Lynda and I chatted while she enjoyed herself.

"She's beautiful, Lynda."

Lynda was very proud. "She's not only the prettiest girl in her class, she just might be the smartest."

"And you're not biased."

Lynda giggled. "I'll take the fifth, your honor."

We dragged Cindy away from the playplace eventually and headed back to Lynda's place.

"You can come up for a visit if you like, Eddie."

Cindy paid more attention to me once we got inside. She dragged me over to show me her room and her favorite stuffed animal. His name was Snuggles.

The three of us played Uno. Cindy knew all of the rules and she absolutely loved it when she forced me to pick up extra cards. I did my best to win, really. Lynda won two games and Cindy won one. I never won at all.

Cindy consoled me after the last game. "Next time you come over, Eddie, I'm sure you'll win at least one game."

She gave me a hug, while Lynda grinned at me.

I gave Lynda a quick kiss and then left so she could put her daughter to bed.

---

I responded to Denise's email the next day.

Hi Denise,

Do you like Italian? Vicenzo's is amazing.

Eddie

She responded within a few hours.

See you there Friday at 7, Eddie.

---

I visited the coffee shop and Lynda came to see me.

"Cindy likes you, Eddie."

"I like her too."

"Let's get together Monday again."

"Sounds like a plan, hun."

Lynda smiled at me and wiggled her way back behind the counter.

I just sat and sipped my coffee. Eileen came to see me.

"Hi, Eddie."

"Hi Eileen, sorry for rejecting you earlier."

Eileen giggled. "It's OK, Eddie. I understand. Lynda really likes you. Treat her right, OK?"

"Yes, mam."

Eileen giggled again and sashayed her way back.

Both ladies gave me big smiles as I left.

---

Vicenzo's is one of those dark restaurants with candles on the table. Denise looked ravishing in a slinky dress. The meal was expensive, but I was in a mood. I didn't even think about the prices at all as I ordered my meal.

When we were done, Denise invited me to her place. We settled down in her living room to chat.

She smiled at me. "Do you wanna ask first, or me?"

I knew exactly what she was referring to but I played dumb. "Huh?"

"You can't fool me, Eddie. I know you know what I'm talking about."

"Huh?"

She giggled. "Fine, be that way. I'll go first. How did your date with Lynda go?"

I just nodded at her, acknowledging that I knew what the question was going to be. Then I responded.

"One date, turned into two, hun. I met her little girl. She's adorable in more ways than one."

Lynda looked surprised. "She has a daughter? How old?"

"She's five years old, going on sixteen."

Denise giggled. "You got along with her?"

"She consoled me after I lost three times in a row at Uno."

Denise giggled again. "What, Eddie? I thought you would be a good card player."

"I am a good card player. They just got lucky."

Denise couldn't stop laughing for a bit.

"So, Is it my turn now?" I asked jokingly.

She gave me a look. I know she wanted to ask more questions about Lynda but she nodded her head.

"Fire away, Eddie."

"OK, Any word from Greg, the wonderful German dickhead?"

Denise guffawed.

"What did you just say?"

"Greg, the wonderful German dickhead. We can call him GWGD for short or should that be GWGDH?"

Denise was rolling on the floor laughing.

"Oh God, Eddie." She paused to laugh again. "GWGD works just fine."

"So? Any word?"

Denise finally stopped laughing and looked at me.

"Nothing, Nada."

I just nodded at her. I was just trying to think about things.

"So, you and Lynda, Eddie?"

"We're getting together on Monday night again."

Denise looked a little frustrated.

"Yes, but how are things going?"

"Denise, honey. I really like you. I really like her. I really like her daughter. I couldn't be more confused if I tried."

Denise stared at me and then just nodded to herself.

We chatted for a few hours and then we gave each other a quick hug and a quick peck before I left.

---

Lynda and I had a nice chat at the Taco Bell. We were really getting to know each other better. The more I got to know her the more I liked her.

"So, Lyn honey, when can we get together with Cindy again?"

Lynda smiled at me. "She keeps asking about you. How about McDonald's again tomorrow night?"

"It's a date, hun."

We kissed in the parking lot again, but it was even less sexy than the last time.

I thought about things on the way home. I decided I was the one holding back. Lynda was letting me take the lead and I was slowly but surely moving Lynda into the friend zone.

"Face it", I muttered to myself. "You're waiting for Denise."

---

The next night Cindy was very excited. She rushed up and gave me a hug. She enjoyed the playplace for a while, but then she came back to the table on her own and we went back to their place.

I actually won the first game of Uno. After that I tried to make sure that I kept my damaging cards for Lynda rather than Cindy. Cindy won the second game and she was glowing. Cindy won the last game and then she consoled her mom. Lynda was sort of pretending to be upset but it was obvious to me that she was giggling to herself inside. Both mother and daughter were very happy.

Lynda lifted up Cindy and then both ladies kissed a cheek simultaneously before I left.

---

This pattern continued for the next month or so. I met with Lynda on Monday night, Lynda and Cindy on Tuesday night and Denise on Friday night. Denise and I got together on a few odd nights here and there as well. Lynda and I didn't even kiss any more except for on the cheek. We were both comfortable with that. Cindy still got along great with me as well. I had three wonderful lady friends, but they were just friends.

---

Then one day at the coffee shop, Lynda looked at me seriously. "Are we going anywhere or not, Eddie?"

"You're a great friend, Lynda. But, I think that's all."

She wasn't upset. She just nodded. "That's what I thought. I'm going to go out with another guy on Monday night then."

I also wasn't upset. I pulled her in for a friendly hug. "Good luck, hun."

She hugged me back and then pulled away. She gave me a somewhat regretful smile and then she turned and went back behind the counter.

I thought to myself as I drove home. "Well, Greg the fucking wonderful, you better stay the fuck in Germany."

---

Denise gave me a look, when she heard that Lynda was dating another guy.

"Oh, Eddie. I know you're waiting for me. It's only 3 more weeks. Then we can take our relationship further."

I gave her a smile. "I know, hun. I know the deal by now."

---

I tried to stay out of Lynda's business about the guy she was seeing, but she vented to me after their second date. I guess he was upset that she didn't want to put out. She was in man bashing mode. I just let her vent and tried to be there for her.

---

Then it happened. I got an email from Denise:

OMG!! OMG!! Greg is coming back home. He's moving back for good. He wants to see me. I'm so excited!!

Sorry, Eddie. I know you will be upset.

OMG!!

---

I collapsed on the bed crying. I didn't move for hours. I called in sick to work the next day and wallowed in my sorrows.

Finally, the next day, I got my act somewhat in gear and made it in to work.

That evening I headed in to the coffee shop. Lynda gasped when she saw me. She hurried over to my table.

"What happened, Eddie? You look terrible!"

"Denise's man is back in the USA for good."

Lynda gasped. "Oh! Eddie... " She pulled me in for a hug.

---

I eventually got another email from Denise:

Hi Eddie,

I know you must be upset. I'm really sorry. I really am.

It's been wonderful. Greg and I are back together. I'm so happy.

The company wants Greg to open up a new office in Atlanta. He's asked me to marry him again. I haven't said yes to that yet, but I have decided to move to Atlanta to be with him. I really hope you and Lynda click eventually, or, if not with her, then with someone special. I still think of our times together with fondness.

All the best, your friend forever,

Denise

---

The next night at the coffee shop, Eileen came to see me.

"Eddie, Lynda has another date set up with another guy. She told me to go ahead and try for you again."

"Eileen..."

"Eddie. I'm not looking for a relationship, OK? I just would like to have a little fun with you. Lynda said that you were a lot of fun."

Eileen leaned in so I could get a look at her large breasts. She wasn't wearing a bra and her buttons were all of the sudden mostly undone.

"C'mon, Eddie. Take out your frustrations on me."

"Fine, Eileen, you want some monkey sex? You got it. When?"

Her voice went sultry. "Lynda will cover for me. I can leave in half an hour, stud."

"OK, you have a car?"

"Yes, Eddie."

"OK, come by my place after you get off." I gave her my address.

She leaned in and we frenched for a second or two before she wiggled back behind the table.

I made sure I had a quick chat with Lynda on the way out.

"This is really OK, Lyn?"

She gave me a smile. "It's fine, Eddie. Give it to her good, OK? Give her an extra one for me."

"Will do, Lynda."

Both ladies grinned at me as I left.

---

Well, Eileen got it good. I was still angry with the world, and she kept encouraging me to fuck her harder. So, I did. We didn't do much snuggling. Eileen disappeared into the bathroom for a bit. She came back smiling and handed me the jar of Vaseline.

"You know what to do with this, Eddie?"

I gave her a smile. "Get on your knees, Eileen, and spread those sexy meaty cheeks of yours.

Eileen giggled. "Don't be gentle, stud. Just slam it in."

I lubed up her butt and then did as she requested. She went wild. She was bucking into my cock like a bronco. Her body was jiggling wildly in multiple places.

We crashed in bed for a while after that, but then she stood up and gave me a winning smile.

"Well, Eddie. I'm not sure how long you and Lynda are going to dance around each other. She seems to have high hopes for this latest guy, but he will probably end up being another dickhead. Once she's through with him you two should get together for real. I think you would be very happy together.

I nodded. "I know, Eileen. I was waiting for Denise. I could kick myself now."

She gave me a sexy grin. "Hopefully it takes a little while for Lynda to get sick of that guy. I'd love a few more repeat sessions like this with you."

"We'll see, Eileen. I'm not sure at the moment."

She leaned down and gave me a sexy kiss.

"I'm glad we hooked up at least once, Eddie. Take care now, I should go."

She grabbed her clothes and left the bedroom.

I had weird dreams that night. Denise featured in a lot of them.

---

A couple of months passed. Lynda seemed to really like the new guy she was dating. His name was Evan. I didn't get to see as much of her and Cindy. We were still friendly with each other. She is a wonderful person.

I didn't hear anymore from Denise. I assumed she was in Atlanta. Eileen and I hooked up one more time for monkey sex, but then I decided to end that. We still flirted in the coffee shop.

I was in another funk, woman wise. I couldn't get motivated to chase another lady. My confidence was pretty much back down to pre-Denise levels.

---

I left work one evening at my regular time and headed to the parking lot. As I got closer someone exited a nearby car and started walking towards me. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Denise, but she looked like death warmed over. She rushed up to me and grabbed onto me for dear life.

"Oh, Eddie!" She started bawling into my shoulder.

I hugged her and stroked her and muttered soothing noises until she finally calmed down.

"What happened, Denise?"

"Greg was cheating on meeee." She started crying again.

Eventually I convinced her to ride with me in my car and she accompanied me back to my place.

Denise had settled down and we headed to the living room. I sat next to her on the couch and put my arm around her. She snuggled in.

"You're not with anyone, Eddie?"

"No, Denise. Lynda has a boyfriend."

"OK then." She wiggled in even closer.

We went on to discuss how things went with her and Greg. I guess everything was wonderful at first, but as they settled in, she realized that Greg had changed. He was more arrogant and feeling more entitled. She was starting to wonder whether they belonged together or not. Then one day she popped into Greg's office and one of the ladies gave her a strange look. Denise got a bad feeling. She investigated further and found out that Greg had more than one ladyfriend at the office. She was devastated. She packed up everything and headed back home. She was thinking she might stay with her parents for a while but she hadn't even told them anything yet. The first person she wanted to see was me.

"Do you think you can get your old job back, honey?"

She gave me a smile. "Oh yes. They begged me not to leave and even offered me a raise. They told me I was welcome to return if things didn't work out."

"Well then, things should work out OK."

Denise gave me a serious stare.

"I've been wanting to do this for so long, Eddie."

She leaned in and closed her eyes and puckered her lips. I couldn't believe it was happening. I moved in to kiss her. It started very innocently, but it was somehow intense. After a minute or so, Denise forced her tongue into my mouth and we became more passionate. Some time later, she started rubbing my chest and reached for the bottom of my shirt.

"Are you sure about this, Denise?"

"Eddie, I've been unhappy with Greg for almost a month now. I've been dreaming about you. Please."

How could I say no? I allowed my hands to wander and in no time we were in bed.

----

Well, Denise never did move in with her parents. She moved right in with me.

We went to the coffee shop together one evening. We were joined at the hip. It was obvious to everyone that we were newly intimate with each other.

Lynda and Denise hugged like lost sisters and Lynda was genuinely happy for both of us.

Eileen made some racy remarks that had me blushing. Denise and Lynda both giggled and Denise grabbed onto me harder and plastered me with kisses.

We made plans to get together with Lynda, her boyfriend and Cindy.

----

Lynda's boyfriend, Evan, was a great guy. Lynda seemed really happy. The five of us went to the zoo one day. Cindy was in her element. She was calling me Uncle Eddie and she really liked Denise, but you could tell that she really was bonding with Evan.

We were in the monkey area. Specifically we were watching the gibbons.

Cindy found one young ape that was interacting with her through the bars. They both were having a great time imitating each other. After a few minutes an older female came and dragged the little gibbon away. Cindy was over the moon. She felt like she had made a great new friend.

We had a great time, but we had to leave after a few hours. Cindy started to get tired.

---

About a month later, I asked Denise if she wanted to go to the zoo again. She had been hoping to see zebras and we didn't get the chance last time. She accepted happily.

I made sure we went back to see the gibbons again.

"Hey, Denise, hun?"

"Yes, Eddie?"

"Did you know that gibbons mate for life? Look at that couple there. Aren't they sweet?"

Denise snuggled in against me. "They do look like a couple. They're adorable."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a velvet box. I got down on one knee and opened my hand.

Denise looked at me in astonishment.

"Will you be my mate for life, Denise?"

She quickly grabbed the box and opened it. She burst into tears.

DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers