All Comments on 'Friendship or Love, Strange concept'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 304 Comments
appaloosa1453appaloosa1453almost 4 years ago
good man

Rob did the right thing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The story was interesting but the wife has to be one stupid person. At no time did she show any respect for her husband. And the daughter is just as bad looking at life as a financial bargaining chip!!!!!l

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My goodness

Ashley never did believe that she'd done something wrong, although she said:

"I'm doing the right thing, it was just better to hide it from you"

"You're being unreasonable"

"I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing"

"You can have sex with me, after he's done with it"

And then

"Oh God, don't tell the children; they wouldn't understand"

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

This was great but it just finished so abruptly. When is the drought and the failure of the vineyard? She was a bitch who pretended to love him and deserved to feel his pain. I gave 5 stars but really feel there is a bit more to tell.

He should get married and have more kids while she loses her fortune. We really need to see her fully accept what she did and suffer for that.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Good story but...

...I'm sure I've read something very similar here before? Apologies if not as it was quite well written and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great

Thanks so much for not having the husband turn into a wimp and taking her back.

The only thing I can find fault in is the daughters attitude. He should have turned away from her when he found out she knew of her mothers affair....and what did her husband think of that?....did she sleep with grant when she visited him and her mother...so many possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Gave you a 5

Based on the ending... cannot stand selfish, decieving, stupid wives who really do not love or respect their husbands. BTW she lost her whole family as well, eve if she is not aware yet, bur at christmas time she will and when grands are borne too.

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

Wow that Grant was really the most important man in the universe for her, just dying to drag Rob down to that vineyard to rub his face in the place where she abandoned her marriage. Even after he died Grant was the most important man, I'm surprised she didn't dig him up and bring him to the kids weddings. I've read a couple of stories like this where the wife sees things one way and that's it, if you wrote it with Rob getting a brain tumor or cancer at the same time grant did then she would have an interesting time deciding who to bonk on their way into the grave.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago

What a selfish tramp Ashley proved to be; all she needed was the opportunity and her true colors came shining through. She knew it would hurt her husband badly, but she had such little respect for Rob, she thought she could talk her way back, if caught.

She knew how despicable her actions were; why else get so angry when Rob said he'd tell the kids the truth? When a spouse, especially after 25 years, does something that egregious, there's no sense in trying to "save" the marriage: it's already dead and moldering.

Good story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rob?

Wasn't the typical kiwi bloke response to catching his wife cheating being an ex flanker he'd have put grant in his grave early.

Not a bad story though. 4*

and the Kapiti Coast , great place to retire.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sorry?

After people having affairs are found out the main thing they are sorry about is that they got caught.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Choices

She failed at every one.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
I've read several stories about a wife "comforting" a dying friend.

I don't get it. I don't mean to be cold hearted, but you don't throw away a marriage for that and sex isn't how you comfort a dying friend. My reading of the story is that she really was in love with the guy and her husband took second place whether she knew it or not. 5*****

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
One more thing

Sleeping with your lover in front of your daughter is beyond anything that can be forgiven or put aside.

jonnxjonnxalmost 4 years ago

How could she expect anything less? She betrayed her husband and expected to carry on as if nothing happened. Insane behaviour.

Luckily, he was man enough to stand by his convictions and leave her behind.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 4 years ago
A good story...

A good story, the wife was a stupid selfish bitch, the daughter was following her mother's steps,,,If her husband was a smart man he would have run away as fast as he could before the wedding...soon or later she will cheat on him, because she found natural her mother being the another man's bad...4*

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Sorry no, his daughter knew her mother was a whore, I'd have withdrawn my objection to letting whore jr have her wedding at whore sr whore palace and cut both cunts out of my life entirely

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Liked it, didn’t love it

Having been in a. “Do I, Don’t I?” situation I can understand the mental anguish of having to decide if my marriage is over or not and can I forgive. But the absolute incomprehensible idiocy of Ashley makes me wonder if this woman actually loved her husband or not, if maybe she loved Grant and that fairytale more, or if maybe she never had a grip on what love and marriage subject to the mutual expectations actually entailed?

In the end it went on and on a bit. Six months living as someone else’s wife should have been enough to slam the door.

I’m enjoying watching this author develop within the LW genre.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

That was such a great story!

I've known people just like Ashley, who once they get a boneheaded idea will never give it up. It was obvious that she believed what she did was the right thing to do and that her husband was wrong. You can tell she didn't regret sleeping with Grant and had a complete lack of understanding at just how much her betrayal hurt Rob, with the constant nagging to relocate to a place he hated.

I'm glad he stuck to his guns, dumped the stubborn, self-centred bitch and moved on. As he discovered, there's plenty of younger women looking for a good man with a successful career to take care of them.

YouamiYouamialmost 4 years ago
An enjoyable read!

Cagivagurl

I enjoyed your tale about a wife showing care and concern while ripping her marriage apart. I have read others like this on the site but was impressed with your take on the dying friend theme. It ended as it should have. I was pleased that you decided not to settle for the good old RAAC ending. Looking forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rob did one thing wrong!

He should have disown his daughter.

She knew and said nothing.

Who needs back stubbing offspring like that?

Certainly not Rob.

Tt2kiwiTt2kiwialmost 4 years ago

Being a Kiwi I got extra value reading this story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not enough drama

It was too dry and he was to civil to his wife. Story was missing emotion and drama.

It was kinda like, "Oh bugger. I've cut off my leg. Wonder how I did that? Oh well, off to hospital."

Very glad he stuck to his guns and did right thing with his slut wife, but he should have rained fire on his back stabbing daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Why

Why would he have anything to do with the daughter?

She betrayed her father.

Needs a part 2 to address the daughter at least.

waratahwaratahalmost 4 years ago
Not bad, bit different

Bit repetitive though, same conversation about 7 times. Sure they could of had it seven times, but we only needed to listen in twice, and hear about the other 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
missing emotion

The daughter is cruel and horrible. Yeah Ashley loved her husband but she loved Grant's wealth and lifestyle a whole lot more. That bitch daughter does too. Where is that? Where is that outrage and sense if betrayal? I like your work but this one left me unsatisfied

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 4 years ago
Missing confrontations

As clear and unwavering as Rob seems to be, why did he not file for divorce immediately as promised? And why not disclose the divorce immediately to the kids? And once he learned that Sylvie knew, that was a heated conversation that should have happened. Not disowning her, but calling out her disloyalty and her dishonesty. Her fiance needed to know that about her as well. There's also some ambiguity at how sick Grant is. I first thought he was faking it, but then he was not "invited" to that wedding, and then died weeks later. If he was two weeks from death, could he have attended? How was he still working the vineyard? How does a man six months from death even start an affair, and why did he fuck over his best friend? Some gaps could have been filled throughout. And even without the sex, she was fairly clueless that her leaving for months on end would not hurt her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sci-fi...

Ok story, I especially like the way he treated the letter in the end. But the idea that the wife (and Grant) would do this to Rob and think that it would be accepted places this story in the sci-fi section... :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
2 comments

1. It was like reading someone telling you they had emotions, but no real emotions were felt from the characters responses.

2. His daughters husband really needs to take a look at her, if she condones what her mother did to her father.

I was waffling between 3* and 4*. But since most of the stories in LW have been crap cuck stories for the last week, I gave it 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Ashley should not have been given even one chance to come back. Also, Rob should have disowned his daughter, publicly, when he found out she knew.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My only suggestion

I would have told the ex that I was dying and that my assistant was only staying to comfort me until I passed. When she asked how long I had left I would have looked her straight in the eye and said "the doctor is giving me thirty years at the most"

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 4 years ago
Liked it

Couple things

How could wife think he would get over that?

Daughter knew she was with grant before he told her? Did not seem that way. Wou,d have made for more interesting story if he figured it out and would not go to wedding.

The one chance he gave her to co e home was probably more than she would have received, but them getting back together was not plausible.

The wife was almost too naive to be believable.

You kissed a chance to add extra drama with the daughter knowing and not telling father. Did her fiance think it was OK she supported her mom cheating. I would be hesitant to marry a woman that did.

Unrelated, but finally a decent living wives story. Good job.

WestcamWestcamalmost 4 years ago

The story was well constructed and believable. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Say What

I wouldn't Have been as nice as He was .. The Son had brains but not the Backstabbing Daughter ...She knew everything before She got married . If My Daughter had shown Me such a Lack of Respect .. She could pay for her own wedding ..

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 4 years ago
Fellow Kiwi from Wellington here

Great story. I was pleased he stuck to his guns and didn't go back down to the vineyard. I thought he was a tad too trusting of his wife and old friend together but years of marriage and friendship had to have some basis of trust.

I wouldn't have been so "kind" to his daughter's betrayal and side-taking. At least he didn't find out about her staying there also until after the daughter got married. It was a nice touch (mainly cause he didn't need the money) to donate the bequest to a religious group. Any way, great work mate. Cheers.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
She won’t admit she was wrong

When she saw Roisin’s stuff in Rob’s room she should have finally understood what he saw in Grant’s room. Her only chance would have been to sell her share of the Vineyard and never Go back there again. She couldn’t give up that part of Grant which tells Rob he didn’t have her whole heart. I hope she is very lonely in that big house.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
There's a loooong way between caregiving and fucking

WTF

First of all, if the guy has cancer, sex is probably the last thing on his mind. Secondly, don't they have whores for that? Third, if it was sooo important to see to him in his last days, why not at their home or somewhere close?

Made no sense that she would forgo her marriage and become a slut and humiliate her husband. And for not ever getting her to recognize it and show any deep remorse for it, after 4 pages, was a disappointment.

But the tension was there. So kudos for that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
interesting

I know this was hard for you to write because it's in your nature to have them reconcile ;0) but nice job! I do agree with others, how isn't the relationship with the daughter strained. In fact, how did the wedding go on with him at all?!? his daughter knew full well that his wife was cheating AND condoned it! and he STILL had sex with his ex-wife, got together with her for a bit, still did the wedding etc. that all didn't line up with his initial hatred for Grant and the divorce. I also agree if there's not a part 2, this needed an epilogue. The wife still didn't suffer enough for such a poor choice. She's left a millionaire with an estate and a thriving vineyard and at least one child still loving her. who wouldn't take that deal? lol

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

Tajfa, ‘He should get married and have more kids while she loses her fortune’ really, The guy is 55 or more, the get remarried I agree, more kids, let’s see my daughter is younger than my grand daughter, I don’t think so.

Anonymousabout 1 hour ago Why

Why would he have anything to do with the daughter?

She betrayed her father. Needs a part 2 to address the daughter at least.

I agree that it needs a part two to deal with Sylvia; her disrespect was just a s bad as her mothers. Cutting all ties with her and concentrating all his efforts to Clive, Alisha and Alec.

I understand that the story was written in first person which makes it hard to know what else is going on in the heads of the other characters heads. What was going on in Glen’s head, did he know his dad was sleeping with his godmother? Did he have sympathy for Rob? Was that why he didn’t want anything to do with the vineyard?

Thank you for your story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Sad to say there are people like Ashley who think their **** doesn't stink and that whatever they do everyone else should just fall in with their plans.

The story was well written and showed it from Rob's point of view.

It might be interesting to have another chapter from the point of view of Ashley.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 4 years ago

a 5- for a well written, well developed story but it needs a finish, the story is incomplete...

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 4 years ago
I have to agree with some other commenters

He should have disavowed his daughter and put her out of his life as well. Her betrayal was almost as great, if not greater, than his ex's.

That would give a more complete story.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

another good story from you but i have to agree i would like him to raise hell with his so called daughter and cause her a lot of pain like he had to put up with from her and her slut mother keep the good stories coming really like your writing

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Yeah

He was way too patient with her. Dump the daughter. And make sure Grant’s kids know what he did. Fuck up the winery if he can get away with it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Good story though

Still, wife is a faithless cunt and daughter is an enabler. Once I found out daughter knew and stayed with them, let her have the wedding at the winery, let mom pay for all of it but don’t show up. Daughter should be dead to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rehash of an older story

Not sure why he would have taken her back at all, fucking his former best friend then expecting everything to be OK, should have just cut all ties, even with his daughter, average story, nothing exceptional

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"Jesus Rob if you had gone down there with me in the first place like I asked, it wouldn't have happened." - So, if Rob had come down, she wouldn't have had sex with Grant. Ergo, Grant didn't need sex with her to go on, so why not PRETEND that Rob is there and NOT fuck your best friend's wife!

Why would Rob give a shit about Grant's dying wish?

Roison's a bit out of line. Ashley IS Clive's mother, and deserves to be a part of his wedding.

"it's what Grant wanted." - Sigh. She STILL doesn't get it! That was absolutely the WORST thing she could have said!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well written as always but ...

Why would you want to write something so dreadfully depressing and downright hurtful ? I'm just glad I don't have a gun ! This should be in the non-erotic section.

Really, really dreadfully hurtful story to read and realistically there is no-way that any married woman would think that everything would go back to normal afterwards.

Please try and write something more positive next time.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Great plot.

Sadly that is about all this had going for it.

Ashley was repetitive.

Rob was a mannequin.

Rob’s interaction with his daughter made little sense.

Rob’s job seemed to be a major item however it ended up as an incidental.

Wanted to like it but ended up having to drudge my way through to the end.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 4 years ago
Nice

5* from me. [P. S. I love NZ)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pretty good story

Needed more emotion and a bit more conflict, they were all a bit nice to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A nice surprise to see some Kiwi locations in a story!

Leaving a delusional wife and ending up with a great house on a magnificent stretch of coast? Winning.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago

You do have interesting plots. This plot has been done before, but it is a real attention grabber. There is no reason not to use it again. I still suggest you find an editor. You are doing better than most new writers. Learning things about New Zealand is pretty cool. The beginning was very dry and included more fill than was needed to set the plot. You generated less emotion than the opportunity presented with the wife cheating with best friend scenario. Keep writing and I will keep reading. Thanks for all the effort and time this takes. It is appreciated.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 4 years ago

It was refreshing that Rob, right from finding out about Ashley cheating, was adamant about walking away. He did have a brain fart after Grant died and let her stay with him. It was clear from the beginning that her "apology" was only an effort to get back together with him. She wasn't sorry at all for what she had done. She feels perfectly justified right to the end. She was "sorry" he found out and was hurt by it. She would have happily lied about it. There could no trust of her and she had no real respect for him. From the time she left to "care" for Grant she prioritized Grant over Rob right to the end of the story.

The "love" word is tossed around a lot by Ashley but you really have to wonder how someone who loves him could act as she did. Even after Grant's death, she is trying to shove Grant's presence down Rob's throat. She KNOWS he hates Grant and yet still does it. She is preserving Grant's memory over a live Rob. I can't figure out why Rob even continues to talk with her. Sure the family things bring people together but why have the final conversation? He knows what she is going to say. Why put up with it? At least he laughs at her and accurately sums up her attitude, "You haven't learned have you Ash?". No, she never did.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
What a ho

Was she taking stupid pills

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Very good story

Thank you for giving Rob a set of balls I was really worried that you were going to have him take her back. Ashley gave up her husband for some romantic notion without Rob's consent and with that she totally gave up her marriage and her refusing to give up her vineyard dream was foolish at best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is Peak New Zealand!

Even the bitter divorces are friendly in paradise!

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Establishing the friendship took way too much of the four page length. It went off the rails a couple of times when he gave her the first ultimatum, when she didn’t come back he should have filed right then, also when they started seeing each other again, never would happen but given that all the male characters Cagivagurl writes about are very slow to react in any decisive way he managed to rid himself in the end.

The story has been done before but this one faired better than some of the others.

Frankly I wish I had the nerve to write something to post so hats off to Cagivagurl and all the other authors here.

Anyway it passed some time during lockdown lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bit rushed

Only one other story on Lit with this plot. I like the idea and conflict but think it needed to be told slower, with more emotion. It felt too rushed.

I just don't see a guy abandoning his long term best friend so quickly, given losing his wife and then finding out he has terminal cancer.

The segment where he goes back and forth with Ash should have been more drawn out and he would have been at least calling Grant.

The pacing is too bad, becasue it could have been a really great story vs. just a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

Similar to one I read in the past. This time , the husband refuses to forgive and forget. Agree with last two.comments though . difficult to imagine even a temporary reconciliation, and felt it needed more personal interplay. Maybe even something from the former best friend , through a secondary source since I liked that he refused to talk to his former friend after he betrayed him.

TnicollTnicollalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed i! Rob was a better man than I would have been though. If my daughter had betrayed me that way I wouldn’t have paid for the wedding or attended it. I was glad to see that Rob didn’t read the letter from Grant. Instead of handing it back to Ash though, I would have dropped it into the burning fireplace!

Really liked your story Cagivagurl

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
WTF

I'd burn the bitch and daughter. What in God's name possess his wife to think her fucking Grant would be remotely OK??

xiluaxiluaalmost 4 years ago
Stupid

This was either written by a woman that has not inklings as to how a man in real life would react to his wife living him to take care of another man, or the author is one those cuckwriting effeminate trying to write a real man response in a situation as presented.

The dialogue was without emotions, the absurdity of the wife's demands and the husband's pathetic response was beyond me.

You tell me, when would a man consent to let his wife go. When would a man just not kick his wife to the kerb when she showed a whole lot more interest emotionally in the friend than the husband. Him giving her chances, specially after he realized they were lovers????

The premise of the story was illogical from the get go. Two stars.

vhasstvhasstalmost 4 years ago
Strangely lacking

Thats what I am left feeling after reading this, the lack of emotion in all parties. Nothing but 2 dimensional characters simply tacking from one plot point to the next with no weather helm, course corrections, currents or headwinds.

This could have been a story to compete with some of the great stories on this site, Just lacking some effort in characterisation, dialogue and emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
GREAT

What a great story, Nice to read a story of a man who didn't suck the lover Dick !!!!

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
The Moral Of The Story Is Don't Be So Caring?

Rob and Ashley in many ways were opposites, as the story points out. Rob tells us that he always had a hard time connecting with people (had no friends throughout his schooling), until he made friends with Grant in college. He seems like the kind of person who isn't able to really connect with people and invest too much of himself in them.

Ashley we are told, and it seems, is the exactly opposite. Outgoing, gregarious, has strong empathy for others and is able to connect with people very strongly. A further example of this is the extreme opposite reactions to Grant's illness. Rob doesn't want to talk to Grant, when Ashley hands him the phone (before she went down to stay with Grant) because it made him feel uncomfortable even though his friend needed him the most at that point as his wife had recently died and he was told he would be dying soon himself. Again, at most he was able to be casual friends with Grant, but when Grant was going through real hardship he didn't want to go out of his way to reach out to his friend, and extend himself emotionally. Whereas, Ashley's personality is to dive fully in and fully invest herself in another person, and take on what they're going through.

I think the moderate, or more usual approach most decent people would take is someplace in between. Be there for Grant when he needs to talk, fly down to the vineyard and stay with him for a week at a time and be there for him. Sounds like if it wasn't for being married to Ashley, Rob would have probably made a phone call or two with Grant when he got his tumor and then sort of emotionally wrote him off.

So, I think part of this is personality differences. Rob is aloof and an emotionally distant person, and Ashley is the exact opposite who dives fully in emotionally. I have a friend from childhood like Rob. Whereas with several of my close friends from childhood we would have each others' back fully, this one friend would never extend himself for anyone beyond what was convenient and comfortable for him.

So, I feel like part of Ashley's downfall was her personality where she fully extends herself into people she loves. I can't imagine her motivation for sleeping with Grant she that was thinking how sexy Grant was depressed, with a brain tumor, and a death sentence hanging over his head. I think it was part of that personality characteristic of hers that led to her downfall. She fully invests herself into the well-being of people close to her, and obviously in this case, she extended herself too much; whereas, Rob extended himself too little.

And here is the thing, the more likely scenario is that Ashley would be able to move on after the divorce; whereas, Rob would be alone and lonely for the rest of his days. Rob's personality is that he has a hard time connecting with people. He would have had a hard time connecting with another woman in his 50's, especially after what happened with Ashley. On the other hand, Ashley we are told is attractive, very outgoing, gregarious, and easily connects with people and is able to fully emotionally invest in them. So, the most likely scenario would have been for Ashley to move on to another mate and have a fully happy relationship than Rob. But this is fantasy LW world, so the ex-wife being lonely and the aggrieved husband being the one to move on is the usual outcome.

As an aside from the above I would like to add one last point. I would have ended things with Ashley as well under the circumstances. However, not being emotionally involved and reading the story about OTHER people, I can't help but think how we human beings often get in our own way. I'm not talking about right or wrong here, because Ashley was definitely wrong in first extending the caring for a friend to fucking him and sharing his bed to make him happy, then not returning to Rob when he gave her the ultimatum (essentially choosing Grant's well-being over Rob's), and then not willing to give up the vineyard for Rob's sake even if she felt that it was unreasonable for Rob to not want to live there with Grant gone. But like I said Rob's future very likely would have been bleak and lonely because he wasn't the type to be able to find another mate. So, he had a choice how to take what happened. Cut Ashley completely out of his life, or CHOOSE to think that Ashley did what she did out of a misguided notion of caring for a friend and alleviating a friend's suffering and making him happy at the end of his life (which to me seemed like why she really did what she did), as opposed to, she chose Grant over him as a MAN when he suddenly became available. It was a real choice.

I wouldn't have been able to take Ashley back. Interestly, the friend I alluded to earlier who doesn't go so far out of his way for others, stayed with his wife after she had a two year affair. I think a big part of that was that he felt he would never be able to find another woman again. As much as it disgusted me and a couple of our mutual friends when he did, I have to admit it was likely the better choice for him. They have two young children, and likely he wouldn't have met any other woman (he isn't an attractive guy, but more than that he is a nerd with limited personality). While intellectually I think he probably did the right thing for himself, it still pisses me off. I refuse to hang out with them if she is going to be there (my wife never really liked her that much so it's not a huge loss for her anyway), and every once in a while I call him a cuck to his face. When I do he just laughs it off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good tale

Thank you for the story. I'd like a little more emotion and some details on the sexual comparisons. I know that ultimately sex details don't matter with affairs, but it sure does add a lot of drama and angst and makes for great reading.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Very similar

To another story I read on here. This was better. The problem with ashley is she has that female mentality some women get. Everything is fixable. No, its not. Vows are not fixable when broken. 4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another story that relies on the wife being stupid

Which is how she is portrayed. She never really does explain how the only way she could care for him was fucking him, and her inability to understand why it could possibly be a problem is inane.

<P>

Then there's the daughter. He finds out she knew, didn't tell him -- and there is little reaction from her betrayal. Really?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Can anybody remember

the name of the other story that is very like this one.

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago

Similar to another story but different ending. Needs more, maybe an epilogue. Left hanging as to the future for all involved.

SKHPSKHPalmost 4 years ago

Why are so many wives in these stories so delusional and dumb? How can any sane woman think that reconciliation is possible after such blatant disrespect? She even put salt into his wound repeatedly when she kept on with her paramour's vineyard. What did she think when she fucked her lover in the presence of her own daughter?

And a daughter who condones her mother's cheating and lies to her father even when his hurt is obvious - totally unbelievable! He should have disowned her immediately!

Ashley's justifications of her own transgressions were a bit repetitive, the story could have been much shorter and better. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453almost 4 years ago
In response to johnadp

1. this is not a news site keep your comments pithy

2. you say that you have a friend similar to Ashley, then you go on to say

3. the writer made it clear that rob didn't mind helping grant, rather it was his wife's obsession over grant that bothered him (that and the fact that grants son seemed to be afk)

4. i disagree with your assessment on how it would turn out for the wife, yes she is "attractive" but word would spread of her behavior and good suitors would be hard to come by

5. due to her idiocy and whorish behavior she lost her husband of 25 years (which according to the author she still is madly in love with), her children even her daughter do not like her, there is a good chance she will not be apart of her grand kids lives (i point to the both children wedding planning done by the dad and new woman as proof), at some point grants son will want to take over and will most likely kick her out as the too are never shown to get along (or even speak to one another), finally her reputation is ruined, again, the Robs new woman i guarantee you will spend the rest of her days talking mad shit about ash,

6. are the personality differences between rob and ash? yes, that is how most marriages operate, not that it is good or bad but just how life is, this should not give ash licence to cheat just because she is wired to be helpful

7. you make it sound like rob was the perpetrator in this divorce, pretell what did rob do wrong? yes he was concerned that his wife was obsessed with grant, but outside of getting angry and punching grants lights out when he visited and discovered ash deception, what did he do wrong? was he cold? sure, but again that does not justify what ash did. you even state that you would have done the same thing if your in robs shoes, so i guess my question is what did you expect from him?

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

AnonymousInRed about 5 hours ago

As a whole, it was a good story. Unfortunately, it lost it's luster when he suddenly lost his spine by attempting to reconcile with her. It was such a quick 180 that I got literary whiplash.

I would have scored it a 4 even with that, but the non-ending dropped it to a 3*

Red, who's this for a thought, for a few days he got a free piece of ass that didn't cost him any thing.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 4 years ago
Rob didn't really connect with another woman directly

If he hadn't bonded with Roisin's son while helping him with his homework, his relationship with her would probably never have gone beyond employer/employee.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
REALLY GOOD

Excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 4 years ago
Great story

Great story. They had a good marriage until she mixed up her priorities. She sold herself for money under the excuse of being a generous caretaker.

Her husband gave her an ultimatum and she ignored it. Once the trust and respect is lost, the love is sick, and sick love cannot grow and fulfill. He's much better where and with whom he is, let her enjoy her horizontally earned money. Glad the husband stood erect and high. If his daughter sided with the mother, too bad for her. Life still goes on.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Cagivagurl... Initials that seem obvious to Kiwis are probably not that obvious to those in other countries. Letting We-The-Readers in on where in the world the story is set helps also ... fairly early in the read! As mentioned by others, not a new theme, but very nicely written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a stupid wife

So a wife of 25 years is more than willing to give up hers and the husbands future for a 6 month fling with a dying friend, how stupid can she be. Husband was very upfront with her dumb ass.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

I really enjoyed your story. Ashley was one really foolish woman to think he would take her back after living six months as Grant's wife. The daughter should have joined her mother in being out of his life for good. I hate cheating and I hate liars. These women were both. Great story, you are becoming a must read for me.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 4 years ago

Reminds me of "If You Truly Loved Me" by Creativitytakescourage. A great story thank you.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 4 years ago

Nice story. Write another please. You do need some editing help. Drop me a line sometime and I'll give you a shot. Randi.

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago

The writing quality was weak at the beginning, but got much stronger as the story progressed. Well done.

Rw43Rw43almost 4 years ago
When a woman transfers her loyalty

She is blind to it. Because she is giving so much of herself in a worthy cause, she can be oblivious to the damage her neglect is causing.

Rob would have had more success showing his anger to Grant. Even though it was Ashley who betrayed him more than Grant did, Rob never was able to convince her what she did was wrong. If he had gotten angry with Grant, all of the anger would have emerged. No more lies.

So Grant lost his wife, and Ashley made sure that Rob did, too. Sounds fair. If they can't all be happy, no one should be. Welcome to socialism.

BTW, was this story part of a "love the one you're with" event?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Out of love, compassion, charity, and sympathy, . . .

Ashley deceived and betrayed her husband and children and became Grant's slut. There's a reason that sounds just a bit incongruent, because it is complete bullshit. Grant needed Ashley more than her husband. Grant became Ashley's virtue signal, her cross to bear, her excusable love affair. Makes you wonder what Ashley would have done if Grant was some poor fat ugly slob, instead of this big handsome wealthy puppy dog for her to lavish with her sympathy, and her pussy.

The only real question is who's she been fucking since Grant died? God what a witch she turned into. And he wanted his son to reconcile with this lying cheating whore?

Grant was no friend, and he proved that up to his dying day. If Grant had been a friend he would have sent Ashley back to her husband. He proved how shallow and phony his friendship was when he obviously planned to pay Rob for the use of Ashley as his nurse and fuck toy.

And Rob is totally better off. Ashley never regretted her fuck fest with Grant, wanted to live out her days in the house and the bedroom where she abandoned her marriage and gave herself to another man, using his illness as her excuse. The only mystery is how did Rob ever see anything of virtue or honesty in the cheating whore?

Well, not his problem, and it apparently didn't cost him that much. He lost a faithless whore and a shallow duplicitous daughter, neither of whom are worth his time and grief. Good riddance.

No fag cuck shit here! Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ashley I still love you....

Why??? What the hell had she done recently to warrant any positive emotions. Even if you want to say the whole "after x years you can't just turn off your feelings" kinard, that shit can get buried as hell under all that disrespect. Also, husbands don't just let their wives care for sick friends to the point they leave the home, regardless of how close they are. Wives don't either btw.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Okay story that felt strangely unfinished

What man doesn't make it clear to his wife that it's NOT okay to go live with another man, regardless of the situation? And that there will be consequences. Grant had a son that should have stepped up and taken care of his Father. Just because he was selfish and didn't take care of his responsibilities didn't make it right for Ashley to take over to the degree she did. This was similar to a story by Katmai called "Nice Guy". Both husband have wives that leave them to take care of dying friends and sleep with the friends in the process. At least in this story, the husband stays the course, divorces his wife and stays divorced. But I would have liked to see a more positive move towards his marrying Roisin. In both stories the husband were stupid and gave up free money. Who cares where the money came from and why he got it? Donate it to the Church? Can you say "stupid"?

3 stars

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 4 years ago
Surprised

I am surprised how often this theme bobs up on this site. I would have thought you would need to be brain-dead to imagine a husband would accept such an insult. There can be only one ending.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@appaloosa1453, Re: Grant's son - YES! I don't know why I didn't think of that! Why couldn't his son have cared for his father?

argusx2002argusx2002almost 4 years ago

Great story. Write more please. ..in the version in my head he goes to the vineyard after Grant's death a d burns it to the ground.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Why all the chances?

2 stars, the 2nd star because in the end he moved on without taking her back. But really, giving her multiple chances to come back and after rejecting him for another man for such a long time is ridiculous. This is a really nothing but a cuckold story dressed up to appear otherwise.

Flar1958Flar1958almost 4 years ago
Every rants about Ashley

But Rob is a social underdog he is to busy to care? His best friend? All is more important than a dying friend? Who needs an enemy if you have a FRIEND like Rob?

Sure Ashley did wrong but to blame all on her is to simple. And too often the husband react in anger no thinking only running. And NO communication like in nearly all these stories. Out of these plot you have got so much more but as always...

Where is a song i look to translate: If you would know you never see these friend again

you go NOW without a look back; would know you waken up in the morning without your wife would you turn against her stoborn and angry without a GOOD NIGHT? Would you knew this is the last time to see no chance to say good bye no other day ,nothing ! (Like Sarah or Saskia) is it total without a meaning to you?

To hear the song you need to understand german and the singer is Howard Capendale the titel is Würdest Du Wissen. Lets see if it gets to you to wake up and she is dead.

And YOU has been to busy and angry and there is NOTHING you can change

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

It is a good story, with the reoccurring LW theme that 'wives just never get it.' These LW wives never understand the male definition of loyalty, fidelity, honor, respect, and forsake-all-others; I challenge, where in those definitions do they use the words 'compromise or cuck'. Of course all males are nothing but vain domineering egotists@#$%^&*.

*

Another LW theme is the wronged spouse always rebounds with a sexy virile replacement spouse. Hooyah, salute!

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453almost 4 years ago
In response to sbrooks103x

1. i want off start off by thanking the author, i dont know if they read the comments but if they do, please know this is a good piece, ignore the haters.

2. my only real compliant is that the wifes true motivations are never discussed or revealed. all the reader is left to assume is that she is a cataclysmicly stupid whore

3. i would have loved if grants son had more screen time, he is functionally a throw away character when his interactions with ashley especially after her cheating is exposed would have been a enjoyable read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Friends?

Grant was dying. Needed help. And his "good"/"best" friend wouldn't help him as he died.

Rob wasn't a friend or he would have been there for Grant.

He was able except for 1st weekend. He chose to wimp out on a sick friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Authors here just refuse to write

a husband as a normal man. First, there would be no "Come home by Monday and there's a chance." No. Fucking. Bloody. Way. Second, there would be no cuck-out later on. It would be strictly good riddance to bad rubbish. Third, the traitorous daughter would be told off, and her husband warned.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
I don't understand the point of reconciling

her caring for the sick friend went so far past the caring for her husband it wasn't worth the effort. His connecting with people had nothing to do with her being a cheating slut. Some of you take the idea of being a friend further than humanly, shit past the idea of what caring is. She cared so little for her husband, she should have gone to jail for being a hooker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story...

Several points:

(1.) Sure it's not a new plot, but it still works when it is well written. This one was.

(2.) It's hard to self-edit, an outside helper never hurts. Black Randal made a good offer. You should take it.

(3.) I gave it a five.

About the story content.

(1.) Ashley had seriously fallen in love with Grant, and that was why she couldn't leave the vineyard. Too too bad; she ruined a good marriage for a dead man.

(2.) Never been to New Zealand, could've but went to Bangkok instead. My error.

(3.) Keep writing.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi/FirstBorn374)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Needed more

Grant was a Cunt. A snake . Ashley wasn't Grants wife , she was his Who're. The daughter was a backstabbing traitorous Bitch . Smash the snakes headstone . Burn the vineyard down . Cut off 100% the slut and the bitch . The son was the only one he should keep . Oh and Grants son was a gutter crawling leach , he should be pissed on as well .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Idiotic story

.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...