From the Ashes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I finally get out of this place tomorrow," Edna said, eager to get out of that hospital bed. While she was glad and pleased with the care she had received, yet she wanted her own bed, or more precisely the guest bed in her son's home. "They're going to take another x-ray and see how much the fracture has healed. So it be either a wheelchair or a walker."

"And I'll be there to take care of you and drive you to your physical therapy at least until you're healthy enough to return to your home," Marge said, patting her mother-in-law's forearm.

"I appreciate that dear," Edna said, patting Marge's hand. Another hour had passed as they chatted, shared family gossip, laughed before Magnus and Haleema said their goodbyes.

"Magnus! Wait! Please wait!" Marge called out as she raced to catch up to them.

"Yeah?!"

"None of us have had lunch yet, would it be okay if you, your girlfriend," smiling as she saw her son blush and Haleema smile, "your father and I grab a bite to eat?" Marge asked, her dark brown hair brushed along her chest.

"Sure..." Magnus said, seeing Haleema nodded in support.

"Thank you, baby!" Marge said, joyfully as she threw her arms around her son. It was on instinct. However, the moment she felt her son's free hand gently rubbing her back, she melted against his chest. Holding her son a little bit more tightly, before placing a kiss on his cheek. "I'll get your father and we all can ride together."

"Alright," Magnus said, arching an eyebrow at Haleema as she rubbed his arm as his mother hurriedly walked back to Edna's room. "Just what are you up to?"

"Only trying to help Magnus, nothing more," Haleema admitted. "You know how close I am to my parents. While I really want this to go the distance, but if we do happen to tie the knot. I want them, while not overly involved, but a part of our lives. I know they chose to back Iona, yet they didn't have all the facts. Once they did they corrected that and wished to tell you how wrong they were. Yet you were gone, you weren't talking to them. You can't mend a hurt if the other party doesn't talk to the other party. Please don't be mad," shyly brushing her hair behind her ear as she peered at the floor, "I really like you Magnus, I don't want you spiraling out of control like Bobby did."

"I'm not mad, just wish you'd told me first," Magnus said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry, I know I should have. Yet..." Biting her lip, pressing her forehead against his shoulder unable to utter the words that she was in love with him. She knew it was too soon to tell him that, moreover, she didn't want to push him away. It was the moment he had open the door of his motel room, the way he looked at her, that she wanted him to look at her like that forever.

"Well, shall we?" Fergus asked, once he and Marge had joined them.

******

Saturday night...

"Five more minutes!" Haleema's voice echoed in the bathroom as she hurried to make sure everything was in place for when they went to meet Magnus's childhood friend. She wanted to make an excellent impression on the woman. To show Mary Lou that Magnus was in good hands with her. Plus... she wanted to make that jaw of his drop. Which was why she had brought along her tight, sexy li'l red dress with her in case something like this came up. She had spent the day at a salon to get her hair done just perfectly for tonight.

"Okay, no rush. Our reservation isn't until seven thirty," Magnus called back. Remembering how she felt pressed against him when he woke up that morning. It was divine! It would seem his cock had agreed with him when he was met with the rather large morning wood as he stood in the bathroom. It took all his will not to run his hands all over that exquisite body of hers as she slept against him.

"I want this to be perfect!" Haleema mumbled as she applied her deep crimson lipstick. "It has to be perfect," she whispered as her hips shook as she tugged at the hem of her dress. Looking at herself in profile in the mirror as her strapless dress detailed her 32C breasts as the nipple tape held the dress up. Her eyes running down her flat stomach as her hands moved along it. Biting her lip as the dress was tight along her ass. Wondering how Magnus was going to fight himself from touching it while they were out. Feeling her body heat at that thought. She had felt his hard-on all night, while she wanted to roll over and slip her hand into his underwear. Haleema wanted their first night to be special -- like tonight was going to be. "Okay," her heels clicking on the tile floor of the bathroom, "I'm ready," Haleema said, appearing in the doorway of the bathroom. Not hiding the smile on her face at how Magnus's jaw dropped at the sight of her. "How do I look?" she asked, slowly spinning for him.

"Beautiful." The word left his lips without a conscious thought.

"Mmm..." Her eyes ran down his light blue dress shirt as it hugged his chest. Noting how the material of the sleeves hugged his biceps straining to contain the strength in them. A hungry, lustful light flared in her eyes as she noted the reaction she had garnered. "You just look good enough to eat," Haleema said, her sultry eyes flickered up to his face. The light curls she had done bounced against her chest as she plucked her purse from the dresser. Sliding the gold bracelet her mother had given her onto her left wrist, along with the silver chain and locket her father had given her, it was meant to remind her of her roots and to keep her grounded when they were on the road. "Now, is my handsome escort ready to join your friend for dinner?" Haleema asked, in a seductive tone.

"Hmm..."
"Yes?!" A smirk rose the corner of her lips as she saw Magnus's eyes darting from her to the bed even if he didn't realize it.

"I don't know if the world is ready for all that beauty," Magnus said, laying on the charm.

"Then I guess..." Her red, four inch, stiletto heels shone in the light as she sashayed over to him. Her hands feeling the rich material of his shirt beneath them as they ran up his chest. Her french-tipped nail danced along the underside of his chin as her lips were an inch away from his. "You'll have to keep the world at bay then, huh?" Haleema purred as she stared into his eyes.

"Seems a daunting task, but I'll shall try," Magnus said, his hand overlaid hers as it caressed his right cheek.

"Try not to fall, my knight," Haleema teased.

"Never my lady," Magnus whispered placing a light, lingering kiss on the palm of her hand.

Haleema's heart fluttered. Heat raced from the tips of her ears to the bottoms of her toes as she felt his lips on her skin. Feeling her nipples starting to harden as those deep blue eyes gazed at her in wanton passion. Wondering if this was how he was with his now ex-wife. "Fucking idiot," Haleema muttered in her mind. "But he's mine now, I'm not going to give him up."

"Come, we can't be late," Haleema said, taking hold of his hand and leading him out the door.

"Magnus!" Mary Lou squealed as she stood beside her husband in her sexy black dress. "Oh my god! You're gorgeous!" she said, as she held out her open arms to Haleema.

"Thank you! So are you! My god girl, I might just have to keep Magnus on a leash," Haleema teased.

"Stop!" Mary Lou giggled. "Thank you, for the spa day, it was exactly what I needed," she said, as they held each other at arm's length.

"Nonsense!" Haleema waved her off. "Think of it as payment for all the juicy gossip on Magnus," she said, her arm sliding along his waist bringing him into her. Shooting him a smirk as he looked at her and Mary Lou with a questioning look.

"Scott," Magnus nodded. Scott's sandy blond hair swayed in the light. His blue-green eyes studied him like he was trying to see the boy he had harassed when he was in high school. Magnus still could see Scott still had the bulk he once did when he was the star of the football team.

"Magnus," Scott said, returning the nod. "Those muscles look good on you," he said, holding out his hand to Magnus. It was true he was an arrogant jock back in his high school days. That was when one of the players on the opposing college team took a cheap, and illegal shot diving helmet first into his right knee forever ending his career. That was when he got reacquainted with Mary Lou. She was making the rounds as a candy striper at the hospital as he recovered. As much as he wanted to wallow in his misery Mary Lou wouldn't allow that. Scott noticed she had lost some weight since they last saw each other on their graduation. Telling him she was working on her nursing degree while being a candy striper. As the months passed her bubbly nature and her stern but comforting words drew him out of his funk. He started to beat himself for not ever noticing how stunning she was when they were in high school. That was when he first asked her out, to which she rightly refused. Telling him that she doesn't date jerks. That only made him determined to prove to her that he wasn't. On the last day of his physical therapy he asked her out again, and to his surprise she agreed. From that day forward he never looked back.

"Thanks, heard about what happened..."

"She told you?"

"Yeah, did you sue the ass at least?" Magnus asked, with a warm smile.

"Oh yeah!" Scott chuckled. "Although I might have lost my spot in the game, I think I came out on top," he said, wrapping his arm around his wife.

"Good answer," Mary Lou said, smiling up at her husband.

"Well..." Looking at his watch, knowing they wouldn't keep their spot if they kept standing outside. "Shall we dine?"

"Yes, let's!" Haleema nodded.

"You're a... rock star?!" Scott said in disbelief, as they all sat around the table once the hostess showed them to their seats.

"Yeah, didn't Mary Lou tell you?" Magnus asked, silently enjoying this as Scoot shook his head.

"Sorry honey, I kind of wanted Magnus to drop the hammer on you. Think of it as pay back for the way you treated us during high school," Mary Lou said, patting his hand affectionately.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I was a total ass back then. It took me having to get a new knee to show me what was really important," Scott said, taking his wife's hand into his.

"Don't worry about it, water under the bridge," Magnus said, flashing him a friendly smile.

"And how did you meet Magnus?" Scott asked, as he plucked his wine glass from the table.

"Oh... we were taking audition tapes due to our former guitarist's death. The guys and I stumbled upon this one's," Haleema said, gesturing to Magnus. "I lost count of the number of tapes we watched until we reached his. Some were just plan god awful, others were showboats not good for our image. I knew if they were given the spot they would simply self-destruct, and we would be back at square one. Yet Magnus, while we all knew he was skilled that was obvious even a blind man could see that, he simply played. He allowed the music to speak for him. He showed us that he was honoring our loss and telling us that our sound, that we were known for, wouldn't be lost since most guitarists like to play their own way. Then we sent him an invitation to come play for us in LA. The way he spoke during the audition it made up my mind that Magnus was the one we needed. So we worked him to the bone once he settled in LA. Then whisked him off to his very first show. You wouldn't believe how nervous he was backstage," Haleema said, laying her hand over his, her thumb brushing along the back of it. "Oh! I nearly forgot!"

"Forgot about what?" Magnus asked, setting his glass down.

"Do you happen to have your passport?" Haleema asked, with a twinkle in her eye.

"No, never been out of the country before, why?"

"Don't worry, Arty can help you with that, as for why... Our European tour starts at the end of October. It's going to be a blast!" Haleema said, longing to spend the days traveling around with him once again for four whole months. "You're going to love it!"

"Damn man, I thought I was going to live the dream and here you are actually doing it!" Scott said, raising his glass to him.

"You better send me lots of pictures and I want souvenirs!" Mary Lou pouted.

"Yes Mom," Magnus said, causing them all to burst out in laugher.

"I have to run to the little girl's room; would you mind coming?" Haleema asked, looking at Mary Lou.

"Not at all, you two play nice while we're gone," Mary Lou said, looking between the two men.

"Sorry to hear about you're ex-wife," Scott said, once his wife and Haleema was out of earshot.

"Thanks, got to say, without Iona I wouldn't be where I am. Never thought I'd say that."

"There's always a silver lining in everything. Listen, I don't want to bring up work, or try to get you to buy anything from me; but I'm also an investment banker as well as a loan officer for the bank. I don't know what your long term plans are, or if you're planning on staying with her band. Yet it doesn't hurt to have some money squirreled away in case things happen that causes you to lose the ability to do your dream job," Scott said, he said rubbing his right knee. "I promise I can set you up in some good solid investments that have some good, while low, but they're steady returns. Just think about it," he said, handing Magnus his business card. "You can reach me any time. I'll work with you if you're unsure of anything."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," Magnus said, looking at the card for a few seconds before pocketing it.

"Now tell me," leaning forward, "how the hell did you get that hottie?!"

******

"So... what did you think of his family?" Mary Lou asked, as she checked her makeup in the mirror.

"I'm in love with Edna, she's a doll," Haleema said, batting her eyes, her folded hands rested on her chest. Smiling when Mary Lou giggled.

"Well... too bad for Magnus, huh?"

"Nah, our love will never be," Haleema said, in the best Shakespearian actor display she could achieve. "I got some real good insight yesterday..."

"And?!"

"Only made me want Magnus all the more," Haleema said, leaning forward plucking away a stray eyelash.

"Then I wish you the best of luck, now shall we go and see what the boys have gotten into?" Mary Lou asked, smiling at her new friend. Praying that she was what Magnus needed.

"Mmmhmm," Haleema nodded.

Magnus's beer shook slightly in his hand as his head turned to capture the sight of how that dress moved along Haleema's body as she walked arm in arm with Mary Lou. The way her brown eyes lustered as her hips swayed seductively. Heat rushed rapidly to his groin as those tone thighs rippled with each step. Shooting looks at the men that ogled Haleema and his friend as they approached.

"I was wondering if some fiend came and kidnapped you," Scott said, his hand ran along his wife's ass. Slyly telling the men whose eyes were lingering where they didn't belong who she was going home with.

"Oh? Did you miss me baby?" Mary Lou purred as she bent down softly kissing her husband's lips.

"Ew! My eyes, my eyes!" Magnus teasingly joked as their heads turned towards him. He honestly never thought in his wildest dreams that they would ever get together. Still, he was happy for her, was it wrong that he enjoyed teasing his childhood friend mercilessly? His heart stilled in his chest as Haleema turned his chin towards her.

"Now Magnus, are you saying kissing is bad?" Haleema asked, her hot breath flowed over his skin as her lips were a hairsbreadth from his.

"N-no," Magnus answered weakly as he felt himself melting in those warm brown pools.

"Good," Haleema whispered before she slowly, yet passionately kissed those taunting lips of his. Her eyes quivered as she sucked on his lower lip as she pulled away. "Now I'm starving, what's good here?" she asked Mary Lou, as she took her seat across from her. All the while loving how Magnus gazed at her with that blank lustful look.

"So when are you leaving?" Mary Lou asked, once their dinner was nearly over.

"Probably, by the end of next week, since grandma seems to be doing alright," Magnus said, leaning back in his seat finishing his beer.

"You going to stay for that long too?" Mary Lou asked, looking at Haleema who nodded. "Then you two have to come over Tuesday night, you have to let me cook you two dinner before you leave," she said, looking to her husband who simply shrugged.

"We'll have to get Mom to look after the kids..."

"Nonsense, I'd love to meet them. You're wife has been a good friend to me since I got to town," Haleema said, shooting Magnus a mischievous look. "I don't want the two of you going out of your way just for us."

"You sure, Matt and Donny can be a handful," Scott said, as he looked over at the stunning woman. Not that he would cheat on his wife, he was just stunned that Magnus, the skinny boy he had picked on in high school had the attention of such a beautiful woman.

"I'm quite sure," Haleema said, her hand squeezed Magnus's as she nodded.

"I hope you like catfish," Mary Lou said, knowing exactly what she was going to make Tuesday night since she would have the day off. Plus, she wanted to give Magnus a taste of home before he left once again. Not knowing when the next time they would meet again.

"Love it! Mom would always make it every Saturday night," Haleema said, with a bright smile.

"Excellent! See Magnus she is definitely a keeper," Mary Lou teased as she nudged his arm. The ladies giggled when Magnus could only mutter a 'Uh-huh'.

"Well, the night is still young, and we have the sitter until eleven. Do you guys feel like doing something?" Scott asked, looking at the time on his phone.

"Is The Blue Gill still around?" Magnus asked, inferring about his favorite blues club he went to during the last months of his marriage.

"Yeah, last time I drove passed it," Mary Lou said, with a warm smile.

"A blues man, huh?" Scott inquired with a coy smirk.

"To my bones," Magnus nodded. "You okay with that?" he asked, as looked at Haleema.

"Of course, I'd love to go," Haleema said, she wanted to know everything about Magnus. Wanted to spend every second with him when there weren't hordes of fans surrounding them.

"Excellent! Let me just..."

"Oh no, I got this one," Magnus said, taking the ticket book from Scott and placing his card into it and handing it to their waiter. "You can get the cover charge for the club," he said, shooting Scott a competitive smirk.

"Men," Mary Lou said, rolling her eyes, yet with a smile on her face.

"You all want to ride together, or shall we take separate cars?" Scott asked, once they were outside.

Magnus looked at Haleema a warm smile spread along his lips as her fingers interweaved with his. "How about we meet you two there," he said, knowing it would give him time to tease her on the way to the club and on the way to the motel.

"You better not do anything untoward to that young lady," Mary Lou teased with a mischievous smirk.

"Who me?! I would never!" Magnus said, feigning hurt. "Okay, maybe just a little." Watching how Haleema's cheeks rapidly heated.

All four of them were laughing as they exited the Blue Gill around ten o'clock. Haleema held on to Magnus as the night air lifted her hair. Noticing the twinkle in Mary Lou's eyes as she stared up at her husband. Feeling her body heat as she recounted how Magnus held her tightly as they danced. Remembering the sound of her gasp as he cupped her ass. How her body melted into his as he did that. She had waited all night for that simple touch. Feeling the heat between her legs growing as she gazed upon Magnus's face as he chatted with Mary Lou and Scott. The way she had seen Scott slyly shooting his wife looks she knew their night wasn't over, far from it, neither was hers. She had to admit this was one of the most perfect dates she's ever been on. Resting her cheek on Magnus's shoulder, smiling back at Mary Lou, as her hands cupped Scott's.