Frosty - A Christmas Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you going to be there? Are you going to check up on me?"

"No of course not. I'll be off duty and at home with my family. You are on your honor."

Her mouth fell open in surprise and she looked over at him. For the first time she cracked a smile. "You are very kind. Ok, fair enough. I suppose it's not like I have anything else planned except sitting alone in my dark house. Ok, I'll go. I promise. I think Maureen had invited me to this before, but I never wanted to go."

The officer smiled, "Are you able to drive yourself home safely now?"

"Yes sir. I'll be ok, as long as I can get back to my car."

"Do you need me to help you?"

"No sir, I think I can do it. Luckily I am not wearing heels."

The officer chuckled as Hannah opened the door, "Thank you!" She said softly before she got out of the car. "What is your name?"

"I'm Officer Mike. This is a small town, there aren't very many of us. I'm the only Officer Mike."

"Thank you Officer Mike!"

With some slipping and sliding Hannah was able to support herself by holding on to the vehicles until she was safely back in her car. The officer followed her out of the park and when she turned onto the main road towards the town he flipped on his flashers for a moment as a way of saying goodbye. Soon she had returned to her home where she immediately slipped into her warm bed and had fallen fast asleep.

+++

As the days passed Hannah became more and more anxious about the party. "A Blue Christmas Party? What makes it blue?" She wondered. "Does that mean I have to wear something blue? I thought Christmas colors were red and green." She went back and forth arguing with herself over the weekend. Ultimately she had pretty much decided she did not want to go. But, she had given her word and she was on her honor. She had always taken that kind of thing seriously. And besides this wasn't a very large town, so with a couple questions, the officer and probably others would know everything she did. She didn't want anyone to know. She was ashamed of herself.

She was still arguing with herself when she awoke on the morning of Monday, December 23rd. She had finally determined that she really did not have anything suitable to wear, especially if it had to be blue. And so after finishing her meager breakfast she resolved that having nothing to wear was the perfect excuse. But, maybe she should still look through her closet just to make sure. And then, since there would be nothing suitable she would be off the hook and could just stay home.

But as she started looking through her closet she found in the back, on a hanger with a plastic covering still from the laundry, a dress -- a blue dress. She had had it for a while. She stared at it for a moment, noting the mixed feelings she was having. "Oh, I bought this right before... Well, I'm sure it won't fit now." So dropping her fuzzy winter bathrobe and standing there in the middle of her bedroom wearing only her panties and bra she pulled the plastic off and looked it over. "It is pretty." She mused. Then she pulled it on over her head and reached back and zipped it up. It fit! Hannah had always been slender and petite. The dress was a little tight around her hips but otherwise it fit almost like it did when she bought it.

She stood in the middle of her bedroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She was surprised. She didn't look like the haggard spinster she considered herself. But, she looked pretty. She looked even sexy, almost. She twirled slowly around. With a sigh, that combined and expressed her relief, dread and excitement, she verbally acknowledged to herself that now she really had no reasonable excuses any more and she would have to go to the party after all.

She still had most of the day left, but she couldn't think about anything else. So she started her preparations early. And as the hours and then the minutes passed she became more and more anxious. She showered and washed her light brown shoulder length hair, setting it and curling it and combing it and fussing over it until it was just right. And then for the first time in several years, she decided she would apply a little make-up. Afterwards she went through her small collection of jewelry, found a simple gold chain to wear along with a set of earrings. Next she pulled out a matching satin bra and panty set, followed by thigh high stockings. Finally, she put on the dress!

She looked at the clock -- 6:45 PM. The party would begin at 8:00. She stood in the room and looked at herself in the mirror. The tightness of the dress accentuated her figure just a little more than she really was used to. Hannah had large, full breasts and wore a 38D bra. On her short and otherwise petite frame her breasts had always drawn what she considered to be unwanted attention mostly from men and occasionally from women. There were whistles and snide comments she had had to endure. And there had been so many conversations where men seemed to never notice that her as more than her full breasts. This embarrassed her and as a consequence she tended to wear loose sweaters and blouses, sometimes with a vest or a scarf, anything to obscure the sight of her boobs from the curious. But this dress, with its plunging neckline and low back actually lifted and displayed her breasts. Was this even appropriate? She considered discarding the dress altogether and just wearing one of her school outfits. But she didn't want to dress like teacher tonight. After all she wasn't going to a school event. This party was for adults. So, the blue dress was it, she resolved. But then a thought crossed her mind and she pulled out a beautifully hand woven scarf that she had purchased during her vacation to Istanbul a couple years previous. She wrapped it around her neck, allowing it to dangle in a way that obscured her chest. The scarf was particularly beautiful, truly a work of art. It consisted of a cascade of colors, with the principal color being different shades of blue. And it matched her dress nicely. She would wear the scarf. And not only that, she resolved to keep her coat on. She probably wouldn't stay very long, and no one would talk to her anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Hannah stood gazing at herself in the mirror. She lifted and ran her hands over her body. She caught a brief glimpse of the pretty, happy girl she had been once - before her parents died - before her disastrous, painful marriage. Before "Frosty!" For a moment she was glad that Officer Mike had made her promise to attend. Maybe this would be a nice evening, certainly nicer than the other option of staying home alone. She took a deep breath and then steeling her nerves she left her bedroom, grabbed a little snack on her way through the kitchen, grabbed her coat (taking time to arrange the scarf so it was visible) and she was out of the house, into her car and off to Maxine's.

Always prompt Hannah arrived at the location a few minutes before the hour. She was surprised to see the parking lot filled with cars. Didn't Officer Mike say that it was a small party? As she drove around looking for a place she considered simply driving home. The idea of a crowd made her feel a little panicky. "He said it was for lonely people. Can there really be that many lonely single people in this town?" But finally she found a spot and nervously walked across the parking lot towards the restaurant. There were some people crowded around the entrance, both men and women chatting and smoking. They smiled at her as she passed and she nervously smiled back and gave a little wave. She felt very self-conscious. She stepped inside and got in line for the registration table. Finally it was her turn, and as she stepped up to the table she was welcomed warmly by a couple -- Bill and Martha, their name tags said. She didn't recognize them. She signed her name and paid her $20 admission fee. Then she wandered into the room.

The inside of the venue had a large round, sunken wooden circle in the center of the room. Normally filled with chairs and tables, for this event those had been cleared so the space could serve as a dance floor. Encircling this space was a slightly elevated, relatively dark area filled with small tables and chairs. At the far end was the bar and next to the bar was the DJ's set-up. And the entire space was brightly decorated for Christmas. It felt warm and welcoming. In particular, for Hannah, the music was not loud, well, not yet anyway. She had steeled herself against the possibility that at some point during the evening she might have to endure her most hated Christmas song, but she was not going to let that song ruin this evening for her, she resolved. And at least for now, the music was not overwhelming. She looked around at men and women of all ages and shapes and colors milling about, talking and greeting one and other.

"Hannah!" A voice called just then. She turned around to see her erstwhile friend and colleague Maureen Jenkins walking towards her with a big smile. Maureen was short and stocky, but gregarious and friendly in a way that broke down barriers and brought people together. Maureen's effervescent and energetic soul had always been the most obvious part of her personality, something Hannah had noticed about her back the first time they met when they both had been new teachers. They were amazingly different in temperament. Whereas Hannah was prone to negativity, cynicism and depression, Maureen was always positive, enthusiastic and joyous. Like Hannah, Maureen's husband had also left her after cheating on her and treating her cruelly. But Maureen had not allowed that to affect her like a similar experience had derailed Hannah. Maureen had bounced back and was, in fact, one of the founders of the singles group that organized this Christmas party.

"Hannah Everson! What a surprise. It is so nice to see you here tonight." Maureen was a hugger. Hannah was not, so she took a step backwards and offered her hand.

"Yes, three years after you invited me." Hannah looked at her friend, "You aren't wearing blue!"

Indeed. Maureen was dressed like a Christmas elf, with bright red and green and white complete with an elf hat. "Maureen gingerly pulled the collar of Hannah's coat to the side. She caught a glimpse of the blue dress. "Did you think 'Blue Christmas' meant everyone had to wear blue?" She started to giggle.

Hannah blushed, "Well..."

"Sweetie, blue means, well, you know, like the blues, sad and lonely. This is a party to chase away the blues. That's why we call it a 'Blue Christmas party" but it is really an UN-blue Christmas party." Hannah looked mortified, so Maureen added quickly, "Look, folks can wear anything they want they want. Your blue dress is perfect. Let me see it."

Walking towards one of the empty tables along the side, Hannah slowly took off her coat and set it on the chair. She smoothed her scarf, then turned and faced her friend and blushed.

"Hannah, you look so beautiful tonight."

"Oh stop."

"Ok, so here is the deal. You can't sit here all night alone. You have to wander around and meet people. I am one of the organizers so I have to work, but I'll check on you occasionally. Right now, go check your coat and get yourself a drink. By the time you finish that assignment you will be talking with others. You are way too pretty to be ignored."

Hannah rolled her eyes and smoothed down her scarf again. "Yes Ms. Jenkins!" She imitated a student voice and smiled, "Ok, fair enough. I'll do it!"

"Hannah, I can't tell you how happy to see you. I have always wanted us to be friends."

Hannah could see tears welling in Maureen's eyes so after a moment's hesitation she held out her arms and hugged Maureen tight. This was the first time she had hugged anyone in a very long time. "Thank you for being my friend. I'm sorry I haven't been a very good friend back."

Maureen waved away the comment and after pointing out the coat check Maureen was gone. Dutifully Hannah checked her coat and then made her way towards the bar. Sure enough, along the way several men stopped her to introduce themselves. She made an effort to get past her shyness. Holding onto her scarf as if it were Linus' blanket she returned the friendly greetings and soon found herself engaged in a couple friendly conversations.

Eventually she made her way back to her little table with her glass of wine. But before she could sit she heard a voice, "Ms. Hannah?"

Hannah turned to see a handsome young man walking towards her. "Hi, do I know you?"

"Well, you did once upon a time. But it has been a while. I'm Tom Grant. I was one of your students a long time ago. Do you remember me?"

"Tom Grant? Well, yes I think so." She lied, because in that moment she did not remember him.

"I suspect I was not a memorable student. I think I earned a B in your World History class. But you taught me a lot. May I join you?"

"Ah, sure," she said, she said as Tom politely held her seat for her and then sat himself across from her.

"I haven't seen you at any of these events before. But it is nice to see you again after all these years. I am now a lawyer in town." Hannah smiled and raised her eyebrows, "Fear not, I'm a probate lawyer."

"And you came back to live here?"

"Well yes. I inherited the family home from my folks when they died and, well, at the time I was married, we had a couple kids and it just seemed like this would be a nice place to settle. Unfortunately my marriage dissolved but we get along well enough to be able to share parenting. Do you have children?"

"Ah... No, no... we... well... my ex and I tried, but I can't... I can't have children. But he has kids now with his new wife." She forced a smile and took a drink of her wine.

"I'm sorry, let's not talk about that."

"It's ok, tell me about your children. I suppose I'll have them in school eventually."

"Yes eventually, but not for a while they're still pretty young -- two boys, 3 and 5. Terrors, really! Not quite ready for Alexander the Great yet I think." He paused and looked at her as if he expected her to react to the comment. Hannah simply let the comment go, though she noticed his pause. "Jenni, my ex, has them through Christmas Eve and I will get them on Christmas day through the weekend."

Hannah smiled and looked at the young man in front of her. He was very handsome. Tall, with soft features, wavy black hair, sparkly eyes and a beautiful smile. She did not remember him from school and felt some embarrassment about this. But it was obvious he loved his children and she was happy that he remembered her, and that in some small way she may have contributed to this man's success.

Just then the music began to play louder and a few couples took to the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked.

Hannah was surprised. When she was a girl she loved to dance, but she hadn't danced for years, well since... that night. "W... would it be proper?"

Tom leaned back and laughed, "Hannah, I'm 27 years old. I haven't been a student of yours for what, 7 or 8 years at least. I have a job, responsibilities and 2 kids of my own. I'm actually an adult, though my ex might argue with that point." He smiled and Hannah giggled, "I think there is nothing improper about us dancing together. After all, you're not here tonight as a teacher. Right? And there are no high school kids in this building."

Hannah listened, nodded and finished her wine, "Ok, I would be honored to dance with you."

They stood, but before heading to the dance floor. Tom gently lifted the scarf from around her neck and placed it on the chair. "We need to save our places, and besides it will get in the way." She blushed as he looked at her, "You are very beautiful Ms. Hannah."

And with that he led her to the dance floor. Since it had been a while she initially felt awkward and stiff, but it wasn't long before she started to relaxed with the help of a little wine. And eventually she got into the spirit and began to enjoy herself. She danced; and danced; and danced. She partnered mostly with Tom, but she also danced with a couple other men. She even danced with Maureen at one point, which had them all laughing.

After a while the organizers staged a group dance off with prizes. Hannah and Tom did not win, but was Hannah enjoyed it very much. Afterwards, for the first time in the evening, the DJ moved to a slow dance and for the first time in 8 years Hannah allowed herself to be held tightly by a man. The warmth of his body, the strength of his arms and the effects of multiple glasses of wine had relaxed her to the point where she felt she was floating in his arms. He gently rubbed her naked back as they danced as she rested her head on his shoulder. As the dance ended she lifted her head, his lips met hers and they kissed. First a sweet gentle kiss, but followed by a longer passionate kiss. He took her hand he led her off the floor back to the table.

Just then, as they were settling in at their table, Hannah's face red from the exertion and her head swimming a little from the alcohol, it happened: Thumpity thump thump. Thumpity thump thump... Frosty the snowman..." The music filled the room. Hannah stiffened and looked up startled in panic at Tom. "What is it?" He asked, alarmed. He didn't know. That event had occurred after he had graduated. Maureen appeared and sat down and took Hannah's hand and began gently rubbing her hand.

Hannah forced herself to relax, breathing softly as she sat quietly listening to the song. She didn't cry! After the song was partway through she turned to Maureen and began to giggle. Then the giggle turned into a laugh. "It is such a stupid song." She said as her eyes filled with tears.

"Remember our routine?" Maureen asked.

Hannah jumped to her feet and started to sing along Frosty the snowman is a fairy tale, they say, He was made of snow but the children know how he came to life one day. There must have been some magic in that old top hat they found. For when they placed it on his head He began to dance around.

Doing the motions she pretended she had a hat and twirled. Soon Maureen jumped up and joined in as Tom perplexed by Hannah's emotional reaction but nevertheless delighted in watching the two women dancing an organized choreography for him. At the end of the song Hannah burst into tears and hugged Maureen tight. "Why did I allow that silly song to ruin my life, Mo?"

"It hasn't honey, you still have a lot of life to live." She said as she wiped the tears from her friend's eyes and rubbed her back.

Hannah turned to Tom, "I'll explain later. Just don't call me "Frosty" or I'll do something painful to you!"

Tom raised his hands, "I promise, no names but Hannah. But the other part sounds kind of fun."

Hannah took in a ragged breath and gazed at Tom and smiled. Maureen patted her hand and stepped away as Hannah moved herself into the chair next to Tom's. He took her in his arms as she closed her eyes and parted her lips. They kissed passionately. She felt his hands first on her back then a hand slipped up her front and gently brushing her breasts through her dress.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" he asked breathlessly.

"None! What do you have in mind?" She replied. She had moved her hand over his chest.

"How about hot chocolate at my house?"

"Sounds great! But I can't drive, I've been drinking too much."

"That's ok, I'll drive you out to my place and then bring you back here when the time comes."

"Let's go!" They stood up, Hannah grabbed her scarf and together, hand in hand, they retrieved their coats. Hannah sought out Maureen to say goodbye, giving her a big hug, and they were out the door, into his car and heading off into the country.

+++

The trip out to Tom's property had taken a good 30 minutes and during the ride Hannah took the opportunity to tell him the story about "Frosty." The event had occurred a couple years after he had graduated high school he had not heard any of it. She also confessed to him that her presence at the party was not exactly her own idea but rather she had been ordered to attend by the policeman in the park. She had assured Tom that she had no intention of doing anything to hurt herself, despite how it looked. "Are you glad you attended?" He had asked sweetly as he had pulled into the long driveway of his house.