Fucking Hell! Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been two months since he had talked to anyone in his immediate family since the day of their betrayal. Not that they didn't try to contact him, which they did - repeatedly. Marcum just never answered the house line anymore, nor did he read the emails they had sent. They all went into the trash. That was until he got the invitation to their wedding in the mail. He recognized his sister's handwriting from anywhere. He felt his rage boiling in his veins at the stupidity of his former family. Sure he could have simply tossed it in the trash, yet they would only send more. Marcum needed to make it clear to them they weren't family; that ship had sailed and sunk with all hands onboard. He had no idea how he wasn't stopped by a cop as he sped down the road like a bat out of Hell. The sound of gravel ground under his tires as he slammed on his brakes once he reached his former parents' home. His breathing was heavy as he tried to control his anger as he stomped towards the front door. Only to see the front door opening when his mother and Allie appeared with smiling faces, only to have those quickly fade when they saw the rage in his eyes.

"Next time you send this shit to my house, I won't be nice about it!" Marcum shouted, tossing the unopen invitation at them.

"Wait! Marcum!" Allie raced after her brother, only for him to spin around and cover her face with his hand. Trembling as those cold, anger-filled eyes peered into her quivering eye.

"What part of I don't want a damn thing to do with traitorous fucks don't you understand?!" Marcum hissed coldly. "You aren't my sister, you aren't my mother, you all chose scum, lying, cheating scum over me. Deal with the consequences of your actions. Now leave me the fuck alone!" Marcum didn't see or care that his sister had collapsed with her face buried in her hands as he sped away, nor did he see the tears in his mother's eyes as she openly wept. Marcum simply didn't care.

******

"Marcum, thanks for coming in so early," his boss said, gesturing for him to take a seat before him.

"No problem, sir. May I ask, what's this about?" Marcum asked, knowing there shouldn't be a problem with his performance at work. He kept his anger hidden very well when he was at his office.

"Marcum, I've heard about your difficulties of late. I know how it is. Been there myself, and I know how sticking around a place like this can really keep you angry. I also know you're up for a promotion for your work as of late. So I've made some calls to the west coast branch in Olympia, Washington. They're looking for a replacement for the outgoing Sales Director given how the man that was currently in the position suffered his third heart attack. And I referred you for the job." Marcum sat there stunned at what his boss had just told him. Could he just pull up stakes and move? "The position is only temporary. Once the year is out, you'll return here to take over for Mark once they find a more permanent replacement. Plus, when you do, I'll have an already trained Sales Director," he said with a broad smile. "What do you think?"

"Can I have a day to think about it?" Marcum asked, knowing he would have to do something about his house, and he wasn't about to sell it either. Especially not to his family; they could all die for all he cared.

"Of course, let me know your answer by the end of the next day."

"Thank you, sir," Marcum rose and extended his hand.

"You're welcome, Marcum. I like to reward loyalty and hard work when I can. Don't worry, son, it gets better; not all women are bitches," he said with a sly grin. Causing Marcum to laugh for the first time in two and a half months.

Returning to his desk, feeling a lift in his step that finally someone in the world understood loyalty and what that meant and not used willy-nilly like his ex-wife. Opening up his web browser when he got back to his desk and mapping out the distance from his home to Olympia. Looking up the cost of living in the city, how much it would cost him to rent an apartment while he was there, and calling down to HR for the yearly pay for the Sales Director position in Olympia. When he had all the information he needed, he did the calculations on how much he would need to drive there and back once his temporary assignment was over.

"Marcum Roberts," he answered his phone on instinct.

"Oh, forgot to tell you, since it's temporary, the branch there has corporate apartments you can use."

"Really? Say, if I do agree to do this, how would I get one?" Marcum asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Don't worry about that; I'll handle that if you do agree..."

"And when exactly am I expected to report to the branch office?" Marcum asked, crossing out the money that would be needed for rent.

"Next Monday."

"I see," Marcum muttered, spinning to the left. Knowing he would have five days, two of them spent driving to Washington. "Alright, I'll do it, but I'll have to take off the rest of the week to make arrangements for my house."

"Certainly, I can understand that. I'll get the apartment arranged for you in the meantime. Go ahead and clear out your desk; you'll have a better one waiting for you on your return."

"Thank you, sir."

"Marcum, you're a good man, dealt a shitty hand. I don't say this lightly; you're like a son to me. Over these years, I watched you grow from a junior salesman to a regional one. I know how hard you've worked for this; I know the stress this job can put on a marriage. For that, I'm sorry if the company had any..."

"She chose to cheat; that's her fault, no one else's," Marcum cut in.

"Went to night school and got your business degree just so you could provide for your family. You've stuck with this company through thick and thin. That's loyalty. That isn't something you can buy off the shelves in some store," he said, not missing a beat. "So don't you worry, I got your back." Marcum got a little misty-eyed at his words. It was nice to hear that someone understood the value of that virtue. "I know you're hurting right now. So think of this next year as a vacation from your troubles and try to put this episode of your life behind you."

"Thank you, sir... I'll try," Marcum said, meaning every word.

"No problem, Marcum, I'll be in touch." With that, his boss hung up, and Marcum went to fetch a box for his belongings. Within the hour, he had everything packed up; what files he had on his desk, he handed them off to another sales rep that he knew could handle the load and not shortchange the clients. Marcum felt a little light-hearted at the well wishes of his co-workers when news of his transfer, all be it temporary, to Olympia spread around the office. Raising his hand, his eyes falling on the people he's come to know over the past ten years. Wondering if he would see any of them upon his return.

******

Marcum heard the roar of the tractor engine as he pulled the box of his items out of the trunk of his car. Looking to the left as he lowered the lid of the trunk. Knowing it was his friend Simon bailing hay in their eastern field. That used to be, at one point in time, a part of the original property before his grandfather was forced to sell it to make ends meet. Raising his hand in greeting, knowing Simon had to get the hay done before the rains set in. He wasn't expecting Simon to do a U-turn and pull his tractor along the fence. Although he wasn't surprised to see him jumping the fence once he shut off the engine and climbed out of the cab.

"Marcum, everything alright? You're not normally home this early," Simon spoke with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Yeah, man," bringing his friend into a manly hug once he set the box on the trunk, "getting transferred," Marcum stated, seeing the smile reaching Simon's eyes but also the sadness in them knowing he was leaving.

"Congratulations, I know you've been busting your ass for it," Simon said, the wind teasing his sandy brown hair.

"Yeah, the move is only temporary, though, so was wondering if you could keep an eye on the place for me?"

"Of course, I will! What are friends for?!"

"I... appreciate it, man," Marcus said; a little sadness crept into his eyes, knowing if Barba hadn't been such a slut she could have been joining him.

"Don't; she isn't fucking worth it," Simon hissed, noting his friend's changing demeanor. "She's a selfish bitch. You're better off without her. Want me to go kick that douche's ass just for old times' sake?" The corner of his lips lifted at his friend's chuckle.

"As tempting as that is, and how amusing it would be to watch. I rather not have Pam on my ass. I kind of like it where it is," Marcus said, smiling when Simon laughed along, referring to Simon's wife.

"Yeah, she is a feisty one. Come on, show me what you need me to do while you're gone," Simon said, taking the box from the trunk. Nodding along when Marcum showed him what needed to be watched and what to look for in that old house as he showed him around.

"You think you and Pam would want any of this?" Marcum asked, opening up the deep freezer he had placed on the screened-in back porch. Knowing it would just go to waste for a year. He also knew Simon and his wife could use all the food they could get to feed their growing family.

"You sure?" Simon muttered, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah, better that you eat it than it just sitting here for a year." He could see the relief flooding his friend's shoulders, knowing he wouldn't have to worry about a food bill for a while.

"Thanks, man; you and your grandparents are true friends. I know there were some nights, if it wasn't for you all, we wouldn't have had food on the table," Simon said, watching Marcum closing the lid.

"Don't worry about it, man. What are friends for?" Marcus said with a friendly smile. "I'll move the stuff that's in the freezer in the house to out here. So you or Pam can just come in and get what you need to feed those empty pits. I'll get a key for the house-made for you tomorrow when I'm running errands..."

"Marcum, what are you doing tonight?" Simon asked, pulling his phone from his back pocket.

"Nothing; why?" Marcum stated, turning to look at his friend when his hand rested on the doorhandle of the freezer door when they stood in his kitchen.

"Give me a minute," Simon said, pulling his phone from his pocket and walking into the next room. "Okay, let's get this finish because you, my friend, are going out tonight," he stated, walking back into the kitchen and loading up his arms as he unloaded the freezer.

"Am I now?"

"Yep, Pam says you need to get out of this house, and she's not taking no for an answer," Simon said with a teasing smile. "Plus, we're going to celebrate with our friend who's going away for a while and his promotion."

"When?" Marcum asked, feeling a warmth seeping into his heart at their kindness.

"Six-thirty, so you better be ready, or you can kiss that ass you enjoy goodbye, her words," Simon said with a smile on his lips as he walked past Marcum as he burst out in laughter. "Okay, you don't worry about a thing while you're gone; I'll make sure everything is taken care of. What's this?" he asked, peering down at the small key that Marcum placed in his hand.

"It's the key for the freezer, so critters or people can't get in, don't lose it. It's the only one I have."

"Not going to happen," Simon said sternly, placing it in his pocket. "Marcum, you wouldn't mind if I put up some temporary fencing on your back twenty while you're gone, would you?"

"No, why?"

"I was thinking I let the cattle and the horses graze on it. That way, you won't have to worry about it growing wild while you're gone," Simon said as the noon sun warmed his back.

"Sure, I don't have a problem with that," Marcum said after a few moments of thought. "However, if I step in a cow patty, I'm making you eat it," he joked.

"You'd have to catch me first," Simon mused. "Okay, I need to get this hay cut before tonight, remember..."

"Six-thirty, or she'll have my nice ass," Marcum finished causing both men to chuckle.

******

Marcum, Simon, and his wife Pam walked into the local steak house around a quarter to seven. While Simon and Pam might not have the money to take Marcum out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate the news, that didn't mean they couldn't afford to give their friend a decent meal before he left town.

"Don't look," Simon whispered into his ear. "Don't worry about them?" Marcum looked at his friend, wondering what he was talking about, then his eyes followed where Simon was looking.

"Seat us over there," Marcum stated to the teenage hostess, pointing to the other side of the restaurant.

"That's the smoking section. Will that be alright?"

"Better than the trash that's sitting in the other one," Marcum grumbled, noting how his former family was all sitting around two butted-up tables, turning his gaze away with his sister spotted him.

"Your waiter will be with you shortly," the hostess said, placing the menus before them once they took their seats.

As they chatted while waiting for their food, Marcum could feel his ex sisters eyes on him. Noting how she was tearing bits of her roll-off from the corner of his right eye. Seeing her point in his direction which caused his former parents to turn in their seats. Watching his former mother's chin drop when he wouldn't even look at them.

"So, how long has it been since you've talked to them?" Pam asked, taking a sip of her iced tea.

"Few months," Marcum admitted.

"You're not going to tell them you're leaving, are you?"

"Nope, why should I? They've made their choice; they chose a slut and an addict over me," Marcum said in a monotone voice. "So, how're the kids doing?"

"Pretty good; Suzy loves that doll you got her for Christmas; she doesn't go anywhere without it, even school," Simon said, flashing his friend a warm smile.

"Eric is going to miss you at his ballgame Saturday. You know how he gets pumped knowing you're there," Pam said sweetly.

"I'll come by Friday and tell them goodbye and apologize for not being there..."

"He'll understand; you've been there for every game so far; he knows if you gave your word to be somewhere, you would be unless something has come up," Simon said as his wife slid her hand into his. Knowing he was going to miss his friend.

"You better record it for me. I want to hear that crack of the bat as he hits that homerun we've been working on," Marcum said, smiling into his glass.

"Don't do anything stupid," Simon warned in a whisper when he had reached across the table and took hold of Marcum's forearm as they were halfway through their meal when he saw William tentatively approaching their table.

"Mar..."

"What do you want, you slimeball?" Pam asked as politely as she could to the cheater. "Could you not get your own wife that you had to creep on your own brother's?" Her blue-green eyes peered up at him. Noting how Marcum hadn't once looked at his former brother, his dark brown eyes smirked at Pam as he chewed his bite of steak. "Hasn't he made it clear you aren't welcomed around here?"             

"Come on," Simon said, getting up from his seat. "I'll walk you back to your table. Next time you show up, I'll kick your ass for what you did. Be thankful that you were smart enough to have your little affair away from Marcum's house; otherwise, you would've gotten that beating then. Now all of you stay the fuck away from my friend," he said, pushing William towards the table once they had approached it. "Haven't you all done enough to destroy the man?" With that, he turned on his heel and left his question hanging in the air.

Three days had flown by before Marcum knew it. He had shared one last homecooked meal, prepared by Pam herself that Friday night; he did love their kids. He might have been a little bigoted in his youth towards Simon, but that was long in the past. Their kids treated him no different, even if he was purple with yellow polka dots. To them, he was just a man that cared about their well-being. Also, the toys he got them for their birthdays and Christmas didn't hurt none either. However, he was moved to tears when Suzy and Eric hugged him tightly when he told them he was moving away for a year. Gently rubbing their backs as he hugged both of them, telling them he would be back before they knew it.

"So when are you setting off tomorrow?" Simon asked, wrapping his arm around his wife as they stood on the porch of their home watching their kids play in the front yard.

"Early, maybe sometime around five," Marcum said, holding out the spare key to his home to him. "If anything, I mean anything happens, you call me. I'll wire you the money to get whatever needs fixing fixed at the time."

"You got it, man," Simon stated with a nod as his fingers wrapped around the key.

"You coming home during the holidays?" Pam asked, looking around her husband.

"Only if you tempt me with that delicious spread you had last year," Marcum stated with a warm, friendly smile.

"Deal!"

"Drive safe; you call us any time," Simon said, pulling Marcum into a hug when Marcum's time to leave for the night drew upon them.

"We're here for you, Marcum; we don't walk out on our friends," Pam spoke, hugging him tightly. Marcum's eyes darted to Simon as Pam's breasts pressed into him; he knew Simon was indeed a lucky man.

"He'll be back, don't you worry," Simon uttered as his wife sniffled as Marcum strolled back over to his home.

******

Three months later...

"Can I help you; this is private property." Simon's stern voice caused Allie to spin around. "What are you doing here?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at Marcum's sister. "Hasn't Marcum made it abundantly clear that you are not welcomed on this land?"

"Where is he?!" Allie asked, distraught. "No one's seen him in months?! And it looks like he hasn't lived here in ages?! Where's my brother?!" she shouted, worried about his welfare given the white cloth tarps draped across everything she could see.

"Probably fucking that bitch he's with, if you're referring to Marcum, he's gone," Simon stated, "somewhere you don't need to worry about." Seeing how she was taken aback by his remark.

"Where's Marcum? Why didn't he tell anyone?" Allie asked, trying not to break down.

"He did tell people, people who haven't stabbed him in the back," Simon said aloofly. "Just face it, Allie, he doesn't want a thing to do with you, your family, or those two sleazebags."

"Then tell me where he is?!" Allie growled, her temper rising as she peered down at her former boyfriend she had dated in high school. "Simon, please," softening her tone, "I just want to know he's safe. I'm worried about him."

"He's fine, not that you care one way or another. And no, I'm not telling you where he is; I'm not going to betray my friend's trust in me like you all have done. So I suggest you leave before I call the cops."

"I do care!" Allie screamed out, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Do you think I enjoyed that?! Do you think it wasn't the most difficult thing I've ever done?! Do you know how broken I was when I lost our baby?! That Marcum was there to support me when I was a mess after breaking up with you because I killed our baby..."

"You didn't kill her; things just happened, Allie. Listen, I know that was hard, really hard; you think I wasn't a bloody mess?! Hell, you fucking ran off and wouldn't take my calls. I loved you; you had to know that! But well, time moves on, and I got over you, so now you need to get over losing Marcum because I seriously doubt he's ever going to want anything to do with you or your family if he ever returns." He really did feel for her as she collapsed crying on the steps of Marcum's home. "Come on, Allie, it's time for you to go," Simon said softly, gently wrapping his arm around her.