Fucking Hell! Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, thanks, I guess; what's this about?"

"I was wondering if you'd be interested in coming over this Saturday for a little cookout we're having."

"Are they going to be there?" Marcum asked, referring to his former brother and ex-wife.

"Yes, of course, they will be; they are family after all."

"Thank you for the invitation Aunt Tracy, but I'm going to have to decline."

"But why?"

"You know why, and I would appreciate it if you all would not try and force me to be in the same house or radius as those two," Marcum said into the phone as his grip tightened on the receiver. "I do hope your party goes off without a hitch; goodbye, Aunt Tracy."

******

Marcum knocked on Simon's and Pam's front door at five o'clock sharp with the bags that held the steaks and shrimp, along with two bottles of the wine he had bought while he was in Washington. He was grinning like a fool when he heard Susan's and Eric's excited voices racing towards him as he saw Pam's distorted form through the small glass window of their front door.

"Well, hello, stranger," Pam greeted with a very warm smile on her lips. Holding up her hand when Marcum started to move to enter their house. "First, did you bring the wine? If you tease me about good wine, I think it would be best you turn back around," she said in a playful manner.

"You wound me, Pam," Marcum gasped, playing along, making believe she had shot him in the heart with an arrow. "I would never lie to you about wine; now, if you ask me if your husband's feet don't smell, then yes, I'm so going to lie," he uttered, seeing his friend fighting back her laughter, more so when Simon shouted out a 'Hey!'

"Good, I would hate for you to go missing on your first day home," Pam teased as she welcomed him into their home.

"Simon, should I be worried that your wife just threatened to make me a missing person?" Marcum called out as he walked towards their kitchen.

"Yep, don't tease my wife about wine; you will keep all your digits," Simon said, smiling at his friend as Marcum entered the kitchen. Handing his wife her wine glass, he knew she's been waiting to try this wine of Marcum's. They didn't always have it in the house, given the cost, yet when they did, they loved enjoying it alone in their living room once the kids had gone to bed. He won't deny that led to some very hot and very steamy make-out sessions on their couch, which in turn led to some of the hottest, passionate sex they've had in their married lives.

"Now bedazzle me with this fabulous wine you brought us, Mr. Roberts," Pam uttered in a firm but playful tone. Her eyes widened as Marcum placed two bottles on their kitchen table.

"Brought one for dinner, if the two of you like it; I brought this one along as a gift for all you've done for me over the past year," Marcum said in a warm tone.

"Mar, you know we were happy to do so; however, I'm not about to pass up free wine," Pam answered with a wide smile on her lips. Seeing her husband shaking his head as he retrieved the corkscrew from the drawer it was normally in.

"These the steaks?" Simon asked, pointing down at the remaining bag.

"And the shrimp," Marcum said, handing it over to his friend. Looking down when Eric and Susan bounced on their feet, demanding to see the shrimp. Their eyes went wide at the size of them when Simon held the bag open below their eye level so they could peer into it. Turning his head when he heard the popping of the cork.

"What?!" Pam said, red-faced. "I have to taste test it first," she stated, smiling as Marcum chuckled.

"Yeah, okay, but where's my glass?" Marcum retorted.

"Who says you can have any," Pam taunted as Simon fetched him and Marcum a glass while she brought her own to her lips. Moaning into her glass when the sweet, flavorful wine touched her taste buds. "Okay, that is a good wine; what is this called again?" she asked, turning the bottle around so she could read the label.

"Kids, why don't you go watch some TV," Simon said as he got out the ingredients he would need to marinate the shrimp. Pulling out a bowl and pouring the spices and a tad bit of olive oil into it so the shrimp wouldn't stick to the grill once he had fired it up and the steaks were almost done. Turning to his right as Pam stood beside him, holding out his own glass of wine to him.

"I have no idea how you can stand to kiss that ugly mug of his," Marcum jested, smiling into his glass as he brought it to his lips.

"It's my penance," Pam said, pressing her breasts into her husband's chest as she smiled up at him.

"You know, you're a very hurtful friend," Simon pouted, playing along.

"Mar! Mar!" Susan came rushing into the kitchen. "You have to come and hear this song," she said, pulling him by his hand towards their living room.

"That so, well, if it gots you all excited, then I definitely have to hear it," Marcum uttered, smiling down at Susan. "Let me know if you need help with the steaks," he said before disappearing out of the room.

"Okay, Eric, play it," Susan spoke, nearly bouncing on her feet.

Marcum's lips lifted as Elvis Presley's 'Return To Sender' began to play over the speaker of Simon's phone that his kids had commandeered. Seeing Susan's eyes widened as his hips began to twist and shake as he began to dance along. Feeling how light his heart was as Susan's and Eric's joyful tones filled the room as they just cut loose as they joined him. Seeing Simon and Pam just standing in the doorway watching on, seeing his friend wrapping his arm around his wife as their eyes fell upon their children. Seeing the unconditional love they had for their children as they just enjoyed themselves.

Marcum was out back hanging out with Simon as he was manning the grill. Just shooting the breeze like two old friends would do when they both turned as Simon's houseline rung. Nodding to his house when Marcum saw how Pam was pacing around their kitchen. Patting Simon's back as he passed him as he stepped up to the grill. Ignoring Pam's voice and what she was saying since that would be rude of him to eavesdrop on his friend's conversation that appeared to be private. Turning around as their back door opened and out ran Eric and Susan, ushered out by their father before shutting the door again.

"Uncle Mar, what was Washington like?" Eric asked as he eased himself into one of the seats that lined Pam's and Simon's back porch.

"Cold, rainy, lots of people," Marcum spoke as he flipped the steaks.

"But did you like it there?" Susan inquired as she stood at Marcum's left, gazing up at him.

"A little bit; nothing beats being home, plus Washington didn't have you, your brother, your father, or your mother there; I couldn't stand being away from this adorable face any longer," Marcum said, bopping her cute little nose, causing Susan to giggle and her brother to smile widely.

"So, you aren't moving away again?" Eric asked, watching the smoke drifting into the air as the grease from the steaks struck the hot coals.

"Nope, you're stuck with me," Marcum answered with a broad smile on his lips as he peered back at Eric. Looking down as Susan hugged his legs hard, rubbing her back as she uttered: 'Good. I love you, Uncle Mar.' Turning his head as the back door opened and out walked Simon with a grimaced look on his face. "I take it I should go?"

"I'm sorry, Marcum, but..." Simon's voice as Marcum held up his hand.

"It's cool, man if it wasn't important, then you wouldn't have that look on your face. See ya kiddos," Marcum spoke as he waved to them as he walked off the back porch.

"We'll repay you for the food," Simon shouted as Marcum neared the corner of his house.

"It's fine, Simon; enjoy the steaks hope they're good," Marcum said, waving goodbye to his friend.

"Marcum, we're sorry!" Pam shouted as she came rushing out the front door only to see Marcum was already halfway to his house. "I promise we'll make it up to you!" Praying that he didn't think they were bailing on him because they so weren't. If her cousin wasn't twenty minutes out and balling her eyes out, then she would have told her cousin to come by later after they had their meal with Marcum. Yet Beth needed them right then, and she couldn't very well tell her cousin she couldn't come over when she could barely make out what she was saying through her sobs. Feeling downright like a poor friend as she saw Marcum getting into his car and backing out of his driveway. Knowing this was meant to be a homecoming dinner for him, "Why did that bastard have to cheat on her now of all the times?!" Pam thought to herself as she watched Marcum's car disappearing into the distance.

******

Marcum had stopped at one of the local sports bars. He was enjoying a beer as he munched on a fry as he watched some game he didn't really care for. He would rather be having his steak and shrimp; however, he knew whatever it was that put that look on Simon's face had to be big, so he wasn't all that upset that his dinner plans had gotten ruined. He knew his friends well enough to know it had to be extremely important or they wouldn't have canceled at the last minute. His eyes glanced down when someone had the nerve to sit down at his table without the curtesy of asking first, only to find his cousin Nick staring back at him.

"One, you either get the fuck up and ask if I want company or get lost," Marcum stated in a cold tone, taking his cousin by surprise.

"Fuck Mar, I'm family," Nick said, aghast by his cousin's tone.

"Is that supposed to mean something to me?" Marcum asked with a pointed look. "Look at what my 'family' has done to me, so you'll forgive me if I put very little stock in that word," he uttered, putting the word family in air quotes.

"Listen, not everyone is okay with how it all went down. Hell, I'm on your side, for fucks sake, so cut me some slack here, alright?" Nick pleaded with his cousin.

"You have until I finish my dinner to say what you want, then I'm leaving," Marcum stated, picking up the last half of his burger that wasn't all that. A meal that couldn't hold a candle to the one he was deprived of that night.

"I know you talked to Mom today; the whole family knows about it."

"And?"

"I seriously want you to rethink your choice of not coming this weekend."

"Not happening," Marcum mumbled, his mouth half full of food before swallowing. "If they're going to be there, I rather not soil myself being around filth."

"I can't talk you out of it, can I?" Nick asked, seeing the look in his cousin's eyes that was a definite no. "Alright, I guess there's no reason for me to linger then," he sighed as he got up from his seat. "I'm really sorry that you're not going to be there Saturday. I know your folks miss you. I know Allie misses you too; the whole family does. Just think on it, will you? Even if it's five minutes, it's more than anyone has seen you for in over a year."

"Uh-huh," Marcum said as he returned his attention back to the game, then peered down at his dinner only to find himself no longer hungry. Picking up the check, seeing how much his subpar dinner had cost him. His eyes flickered up silently, asking why he was still standing there as he pulled out his wallet. Seeing his cousin's shoulders slumping in defeat as he walked back to the table where the friend he had come to the bar with sat. Placing a twenty on top of the check and lifted himself out of his seat, and walked out of the restaurant.

******

It was around one in the afternoon the next day when there came a knock on his front door. As Marcum opened it, he saw Simon's F350 sitting in his driveway and a very determined-looking Simon standing in front of him. Pondering whose ass he was going to have to kick for getting his friend so riled up.

"What's up?" Marcum asked, inviting his friend in.

"I need you to come with me; I might need some backup," Simon stated, the scent of hay still clung to his t-shirt.

"Okay, why?"

"Pam's cousin came over last night... and well... it's not good, and I'm heading over to her place to get her things. Her husband isn't that nice of... okay, he's a fucking prick. Yet he has twenty pounds on me, so need my brother to back me up if shit hits the fan," Simon said without giving too much out that Beth probably didn't want known yet.

"Ah. Let me get my keys then," Marcum stated, to which Simon nodded in understanding. He wasn't about to leave his friend high and dry if he could help it. He was kind of bored sitting at home with nothing to do until showing up at the office on Monday.

"I appreciate this, Marcum," Simon said from behind him as Marcum locked up his home.

"Don't worry about it, so where are we going anyway?" Marcum asked as they walked towards Simon's truck.

"Her place is about an hour away. Hopefully, the bastard isn't there," Simon spoke as he climbed into the driver's seat as Marcum settled himself into the passenger seat. "You know Pam was really torn up about last night, you know if it wasn't..."

"Told ya it was fine, Simon," Marcum responded, flashing his friend a smile. "I understand, family and all. At least were my steaks good?"

"Yeah, they were; the kids loved the shrimp. Susan was a tad upset that you had to leave last night, but she understood when I told her what was going on," Simon stated as he headed towards the interstate. "So, where did you go last night?"

"Sports bar," Marcum rattled off as he looked out the window.

"Was the food at least good?"

"Not one bit," Marcum supplied.

"Oh, now you're just making me feel bad."

"Well, you should?! You had my delicious steak! While I was stuck with a messily cheeseburger and soggy ass fries," Marcum joked.

All through the fifty-minute drive, Marcum and Simon chatted away like he hadn't been gone for over a year. Even distance and time couldn't shake their bond of friendship as the two joked about anything and everything. Marcum's eyes darted about, noting the signs that they weren't in the warm and fuzzy part of the town they had driven to.

"It might look shady, yet there are some good people here, just most are down on their luck or divorced," Simon stated, seeing how tense Marcum had gotten.

"And she willingly lived here?" Marcum asked, peering at the rusted-out cars, the lots with overgrown grass, the trash-strewn about, tumbling along the ground as it was pushed along by the wind.

"Yeah, don't ask me why; she loved the douche. I could never stand the motherfucker," Simon sneered. His lips were pressed tightly together as he noted Beth's husband's junker sitting in their driveway.

"You can get the fuck off my property!" The man growled as he marched out of his single-wide trailer in a very stained, very yellowed wife-beater and equally stained sweat pants.

"Hank, I'm just here for Beth's belongings, that's all."

"You tell that bitch if she wants her crap, she can come and get it herself??!" Hank spat, poking Simon in the chest as his spittle flew. Howling when Marcum reached over and bent the man's finger back to the point of breaking.

"You're going to shut the fuck up right this moment, or I will break this finger, then I will proceed in breaking another and another for, however long it takes Simon to gather her things. Trust me, you have no idea who you're messing with, and no amount of your bravado is going to match how pissed off I am," Marcum spoke in a tone that even took Simon aback. He had to assume the man was going to push it, given the look he was supporting at that moment. "Go on, get what you came here for, Simon; I'll handle this shmuck. Try it, asshole," he growled, applying more pressure on the man's finger, dropping him to a knee when Hank started to make a move towards Simon.

"You sure?" Simon asked; he knew Marcum had anger issues that was evident throughout their childhood. Yet he never has seen this vicious side before. Wondering just how much his wife's infidelity had hurt his friend for Marcum to have that kind of rage he saw in his friend's eyes.

"Very, I got this, do what you came here to do," Marcum nodded.

Every time Simon came out with a load of Beth's things, Hank's face was bloodier and bloodier than the trip before. Strapping down the tarp he had brought along to keep anything from flying out the back and keep from getting wet on the off-chance of a stray shower. Placing a hand on Marcum's shoulder, feeling the tension in it.

"Let's get out of this place; he isn't worth it," Simon pleaded, noting how clenched Marcum's right hand was. He hasn't seen his anger in his friend in over a year. He had hoped some of it would have lessened in his year in Washington. "Come on, before someone calls the cops," he whispered, hoping he was talking some sense into his friend. Blowing out a breath in his mind when Marcum released his hold on Hank and turned around without a word.

"Yeah, go on, get out of here; that bitch will be back. She can't stay away from my dick, and Simon, you best keep an eye on that wife of yours. It'd be a shame something happened to her, like her enjoying my..." Colors exploded before Hank's eyes as Marcum spun around like a viper, his fist landing squarely on the man's nose. Listening to the man's howling as blood poured out of his broken nose. Feeling his teeth cracking as Marcum kneed him in the jaw.

"Listen here, you stupid piece of trash," Marcum hissed with venom in his voice. "You come near my friends ever, hear me ever, and I will feed you to the pigs, and they eat everything, even your smelly, greasy ass, feel me?" he asked, the coldness of his voice even chilled Simon to the bone. "Trust me, the pigs will be doing the world a favor." Watching the man scrambling backwards away from him as Marcum rose to his feet. "Let's go before any more of this filth gets on us," he said, lightly patting a stunned Simon's shoulder as he walked past him towards Simon's truck.

"Okay, have to ask, when did you get pigs?" Simon asked the moment they were on the road. His heart lifting when he noted his friend's wide toothy white smile.

"He doesn't know that. God, did you see him almost pee his fucking pants!" Marcum howled in laughter.

"I thought for a minute you were really about to kill him."

"I might be angry most of the time, but I'm not homicidal. Plus, I ain't going to let that pig touch my friend, ever," Marcum stated, eager to get home.

"Well, I'm sure Pam's going to love hearing that," Simon chuckled.

"Plus, if the fuck calls the law, better if I get popped than you do. I'm not about to allow you to leave those kids fatherless. Their adorable faces would haunt me in my dreams?!"

"Oh, that ain't going to happen, brotha, then I'd have to orchestrate some daring jailhouse break," Simon said, leaning over fist-bumping Marcum.

"You know, sometimes I wonder why you couldn't be my brother and not the shit that is my own," Marcum spoke offhandedly, looking out the passenger window.

"Well, my uncle used to say before he passed that it's not the family you're born to, but the family you choose to let in, and who says I ain't your bro, huh?" Simon asked in a teasing voice. "I identify as an albino black man; I will have you know."

Marcum just threw back his head and howled in laughter at his friend's joke. "You better treat me to a steak burger," he said, pointing out the sign for the Steak & Shake restaurant logo on the food sign that indicated was located at the next exit.

******

"So, other than heading up the Sales Division at your work, what's your plans now that you're back for good?" Simon asked before munching on the thin fries that came with his burger.

"I haven't a clue, probably bar hop a lot," Marcum answered with a shrug. "We can't all be blessed with a woman like Pam."