Fucking Hell! Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please, Simon, please, just tell me he's happy and safe?!" Allie pleaded with him as her fingers curled around his shirt as Simon guided her trembling body towards her car.

"As far as I know, he is," Simon admitted. His body rocked as Allie embraced him hard as her hot tears soaked into his shirt.

"I never stopped loving you, Simon; you're the father of our baby; I'll always love you for that." With that, Simon was left confused as Allie ran to her car without glancing back at him. The moment Allie's car was but a dot in the distance, Simon reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"Hey man," Simon spoke when Marcum picked up.

"What's going on?"

"Your sister came by, looking for you."

"Oh? And what did she want?"

"Don't know, didn't ask, just told her she had to leave, thought you should know."

"I appreciate the heads up. She didn't damage anything, did she?"

"Nah, she was just standing on the porch looking in when I found her. So you still flying in next month?" Simon asked, walking back to his home.

"Is Pam still planning on making that turkey and dressing?"

"You know it!" Simon chuckled.

"Then you're damn right I'll be there."

"Sweet, so when do you think you'll be flying in?"

"I'm thinking Monday, then fly back out on that Saturday."

"Alright, man, look forward to seeing you; I know the kids are as well. If you need us too, Pam or I will be more than happy to pick you up," Simon said, walking into his house.

"Thanks, man; I'll let you know when it gets near."

"So... any luck with the ladies out in Washington?" Simon asked to which Pam just popped him with the dish towel she had been using to dry the dishes. They both stayed home to work the farm and look after the kids when they weren't in school.

"Somewhat, just not in the mood for a relationship right now."

"I hear ya, man, well. You take care of yourself; always remember to rubber up," Simon said with a big grin as his wife shook her head and Marcum's laughter filled the line.

"Will do; tell Pam and the kids I said hey."

"I will."

******

One year later...

Marcum had indeed flown home that Thanksgiving and Christmas. It brought comfort to his troubled soul to be around people he could trust. And yes, he did bring lots of presents for Suzy and Eric when he returned for that Christmas; he even rang in the New Year with Simon and Pam, who dragged him off to a party on the other side of town. Whether his family knew that he was in town at that time, he didn't know or care. The emails still came one a day, but by then, it was just his mother and sister trying to get him to talk to them. Eventually, that too stopped sometime around March. He wasn't celibate during his time away. He had at least a woman or two in his bed a few times a week, yet he wasn't looking to jump into another relationship. He doubted he could ever trust another woman enough to grow that close to. He knew some of the women he slept with in Washington wanted more, yet he didn't have anything more to give than his body. When they learned that, he never heard from them again. Not that he minded; he got the physical release he needed, as did they. Whether they came back or not wasn't his concern.

However, upon the time of his departure to return to permanently take over for Mark as the Sales Director for the main office. His department held a small party for him to wish him well on his trip home and professional life. He was very touched by their kindness; they were very hard-working people. He had spent the last two weeks training the replacement he was holding the spot for. As much as he enjoyed the time in Olympia, there was no place like home. Inhaling the scents that drifted in the air in the early morning. His eyes cut to the left as he heard the hissing of air brakes coming on as the school bus slowed down as Pam and Simon waited with their children in that early morning. Their heads turned when they heard the sound of his car door closing; he had purposely closed it hard for that reason. Marcum could barely make out how her hands flew to her mouth from that distance. Nonetheless, Suzy just raced towards his home, forgetting all about her school bus.

He had to admit he did miss them and his friends since the last time they saw each other. Jogging down his driveway, seeing Eric's and Suzy's wide smiles on their faces as their bookbags swung along their backs.

"Mar!" Suzy yelled out in joy with her little arms stretched out.

"Hey, buttercup?!" Marcum greeted, getting down on one knee in the damp grass. "How you been?"

"Good. Are you back?" Suzy asked as her brother got his own hug.

"Definitely," Marcum said, noting Pam waving off the bus driver before she and Simon walked hand in hand towards him.

"Yay!" Suzy squealed in joy, throwing her hands in the air, to which Eric nodded vehemently along.

"Hey man, glad you're back," Simon said, bringing his old friend into a hug.

"Welcome home, Marcum," Pam greeted with a soft peck on his left cheek. "Have you been driving all night?"

"Pretty much," Marcum nodded.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" Pam asked, holding her robe closed.

"Not yet, but I was going to head to a diner after a quick nap," Marcum replied.

"Then we'll stop somewhere, and you can tell us all about Washington after we drop these two off at school," Simon said, in a fatherly voice to which his children just moaned 'Aw.'

"Love to," Marcum said, smiling at Simon, who was like a brother to him, especially after this year. Simon had helped him to deal with a lot of the anger that was becoming his everyday life. The therapist didn't hurt either. Still, he wasn't about to let his ex-family know he was back in town. If they found out on their own, he couldn't help that, but he wasn't going to tell them. Smiling down at Eric and Suzy as they spoke about their new school years since it was only the second week for them as he walked hand in hand with them back towards their home.

"Let me get changed real quick," Pam said, lightly kissing her husband's lips before walking quickly into their home.

"So, what are you going to do now that you're back?" Simon asked as they waited for his wife to return.

"Take over as Sales Director at the main office," Marcum said truthfully.

"You're back for good, right?" Simon asked, shooting him a pointed look.

"Oh yeah, you just can't keep me away from this place," Marcum retorted, flashing his friend a smile.

"Good, glad to have you home," Simon said, with a friendly pat on his back. "Pam and some of her friends helped to prepare your house for your return; I hope you don't mind."

"Nah, I trust Pam; I appreciate what you two did for me while I was away."

"Bah, what are friends for," Simon said, waving him off. "I'll have the temporary fencing down in a couple of days..."

"You can keep it up if you want, that is," Marcum cut in.

"Really?" Simon asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah, sure, it was just sitting there, plus it looks like you need the space," Marcum stated, seeing Simon's and Pam's herd had doubled in size since he's been gone. He could see the relief flooding his friend's facial features when he said that.

"Yeah, heifers been dropping calves like crazy this year," Simon said with a little laugh.

"I'm glad your farm is working out for you," Marcum said, seeing the minivan parked next to Simon's old four-door F350.

"What can I say? We've been blessed this year," Simon said, smiling lovingly at his wife as she walked out the door, whose face grew beet red when she heard that.

"Get that look out of your eye Simon, I know what that means," Pam teased, yet she couldn't deny how desired she felt when those shimmering pools of green gazed at her.

"Do you now? Care to test that when we get back?" Simon asked with a flirtatious smile.

"You're incorrigible," Pam said, playfully slapping her husband's right arm. "Okay, kids, load up!"

And so, after they had dropped the kids off at their school. Simon and Pam took Marcum to the local IHOP, where he enjoyed a stack of flapjacks, bacon, and hash browns while Simon and Pam listened intently as he told them about his time in Olympia as they enjoyed a cup of coffee while he ate. Marcum was attentive when they told them about what had happened in town over the months he's been away and what's gone on in their friends' lives with whom they both shared a connection. With their meal done, waving Simon off when he reached for his wallet to pay for the meal. He wasn't having it. He was the one that had a meal; he wasn't about to have his friends pay for it.

"You better come for dinner tonight; I know the kids will be wanting to hear all about your time there," Pam said, peering around her husband as she spoke through the open window when they dropped Marcum off at the end of his driveway.

"I'll bring the steaks and wine," Marcum said, seeing Pam's eyes widen with glee at the word wine. "I brought a case with me; it's very good."

"Can't wait to taste it!" Pam spoke excitedly.

"See you tonight, get some sleep," Simon said, performing the handshake they've always used since they've known each other.

"Oh, the moment I hit that bed, I'll be out!" Marcum stated, causing the both of them to chuckle. Waving to them as they pulled away. Sighing in contentment as he placed the last of his bags by the door once he had unloaded his car. Looking around his home, a smile formed on his lips as he noted the vase of flowers that sat in the middle of his dining room table with a card propped up against its base. Reading Pam's elegant handwriting as he walked into his bedroom. He wondered, not for the first time, how he got so lucky to have friends like the two of them. Setting the card on the nightstand before undressing. He didn't bother crawling under the covers, the moment his head hit the pillow, the weariness of the road overcame him, and he quickly fell asleep.

Marcum was awakened by the sound of the ringing of his phone. His eyes slowly adjusted to the light. Noting the time that read half-past twelve in the afternoon. His arm lazily reached up and plucked his phone from the nightstand.

"Hello?" Marcum answered groggily, not recognizing the number.

"Hello, baby, I didn't mean to wake you." Instantly Marcum sat up at the sound of his former mother's voice. "Please, don't hang up, Marcum?!" she pleaded.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't?"

"Because I miss you, I miss seeing my boy." Marcum heard how she was trying not to tear up.

"Yeah, and who's fault is that?" Marcum asked in a forced tone.

"I know, I know, but it's been over a year since you've talked to anyone of us. Hasn't your anger subsided just a tiny bit just to talk to us on the phone?"

"What's there to talk about?" Marcum asked, walking into his bathroom to relieve himself, noting the towels hanging on the rack that weren't there when he left after New Year.

"Everything?! Like where have you been for the past year? I know you weren't there, seeing how Allie came by and found your house empty."

"Washington." Muting the mike as he released his hold on his bladder.

"Washington?! Why? Why on Earth would you go there?"

"For my job, you know the job that bitch complained about yet kept spending the money I earned from it?" Marcum retorted.

"So you ever coming home?"

"Define the word home."

"Are you coming back to town any time soon?" She modified her question.

"Maybe, maybe not, I'm enjoying Washington..."

"You shouldn't lie to your mother, Marcum." That tone of hers already told him she already knew he was back, how he couldn't say.

"Why not? You all had no problem lying to me."

"We've never lied to you, Marcum; we just didn't tell you..."

"Spin it all you want; an omission is still a lie when you knew damn well that cunt was cheating on me. So I lied whoop-de-do. How did you know?"

"I drove by, saw your car; I've been doing it every day since you've cut us out of your life, just to see a glimpse of you."

"Uh-huh. Listen, I got things to do, so I'm going to cut this short."

"Okay, son, please come home; we miss you so much!" Marcum could hear his mother's weeping coming over the line before he ended the call.

Running his towel through his hair as he walked out of that steam-filled room. His milk chocolate skin glistened in the light as he walked out and into his bedroom proper; his muscles, something he's earned thanks to the gym in the building where the company had their apartment, also where he met some of his flings, twitched as he ran the towel down his chest as he dried himself off. Walking naked out to fetch his luggage, given that all his clothes were within them. Knowing he was going to have to unpack when he got back from the grocery store. He had saved a lot of money during his time away, knowing it was going to take money to restock his home.

Marcum was strolling lazily down the aisle of the local Food Lion after his trip to the Post Office to notify them that he had returned, his eyes running along the labels of the canned goods that lined the shelves. He had already checked his cabinets after he had gotten dressed. Seeing them bare, which he was glad to know, knowing that Simon and Pam had used them to feed their kids. He was glad that they had used it. It would just go to waste sitting in his kitchen when he was over a thousand miles away. He was standing before the section of beans when he felt a light tap on his shoulder. Turning around, wondering if his cart was blocking the aisle, only to find his sister standing behind him before she threw her arms around him.

"I thought I'd never see you again, Marcum," Allie whispered into his chest as she embraced her brother. "I'm so happy your back." Not missing the fact that he wasn't hugging her back, only standing there stiff as a board. "Aren't you happy to see me?" she asked, pulling away.

"Does it look like it?" Marcum stated with indifference.

"I'm sorry, Marcum, I was in a no-win scenario. I know I hurt you, I can never take that back, but she's good for Bill. He's..." That was when she saw that anger returning to his eyes.

"I don't give a flying shit about those two fucks!" Marcum growled, keeping his voice low. "You were my sister; you should have said something about that cheating cunt. But no, my loyalty was repaid by lies and deceit. Not one of you had the balls to tell me the truth. Not one of you. So I don't care if you're sorry. I'm the one who has to deal with the aftermath, not you. But none of you gave a shit about me, now did you? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have shopping to do," he said, turning back to the shelves and grabbing six cans of green beans.

"Good, so do I; we can talk and shop," Allie said, digging in her heels. She wasn't about to let him leave without at least speaking to one another about the elephant in the room. "Mom said you were in Washington this whole time."

"What of it?" Marcum muttered, walking down the aisle, taking a couple cans here, a couple cans there when he passed by the ones he enjoyed eating.

"What was it like?"

"How is any city? Noisy and crowded," Marcum stated aloofly as he rounded the corner to the pasta aisle.

"Marcum, please, can't we just talk without me having to pull it out of you?" Allie asked, taking a box of elbows from the shelf as Marcum loaded his cart with four different kinds of noodles.

"No," Marcum said coldly. "You all lost any hope of civility from me," he spoke, seeing what else he needed from that aisle as he pushed his cart down it.

"Did you meet..." Allie's tongue stilled as her brother turned back to her and noted the glare he shot her. "Please, Marcum, tell me what I have to do to get you to forgive me?" she pleaded as she took hold of his left arm when he was about to move off to the meat section.

"Build a time machine and go back to whenever they started their shit and be a fucking sister to me, do that, and I might forgive you," Marcum said, ripping his arm out of her grip.

"Then you're never going to forgive us?" Allie asked with a trembling voice.

"Not any time in the near future," Marcum muttered as he peered down at the selection of steaks. Not seeing nor caring that his little sister was sniffling on the verge of a full-blown waterworks.

"Okay, Marcum, if you want to be on your own, I'll leave you alone. But when you stop being angry," Marcum's body rocked as his sister barreled into his back. Looking down as her arms wrapped around him once she had dropped her basket. "I'm going to be here, waiting for the day I can be your sister again," she said before plucking her basket from the floor and running towards the checkout line.

Marcum ignored the looks he was getting as he checked out how good the New York strip steaks were. Buying four of them, knowing the kids would share one given their small size. Placing them in his cart and getting the other cuts of meat and poultry that he enjoyed eating. Only to stop in front of the seafood section. His eyes falling on the jumbo shrimp that were displayed. Pulling out his phone texting Simon and Pam, wondering if they would care if they had surf and turf for dinner. A smile raised the corners of his lips at their very vehement responses that they would not have a problem with that as long as he was buying. Asking if he needs to get a set of shish kabob skewers. Nodding when Pam quickly texted back that they had some and that he just worry about getting enough for two very hungry kids that were crazy about shrimp. Getting thirty knowing that would give everyone six a piece. Thanking the man behind the counter as he bagged his purchase before handing it to him. Finishing out his shopping and paying for his groceries, even flirting with the woman as she rang him up.

Smiling to himself as he put away his things into the cabinets, knowing it was so good to be home. Reaching quickly into his right pocket as his phone rang, hurriedly bringing it to his ear when he saw his boss's number on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Marcum; I hope your drive home was uneventful."

"Can't complain."

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, the reason I'm calling you is to see if you're ready to take over for Mark on Monday?"

"Yes, sir, looking forward to being back in the office," Marcum stated as he continued to put away his items.

"Excellent. I'm glad to hear that; I also have gone over the performance report they sent to me of your time there. I'm very impressed with what I've read so far."

"Thank you, sir."

"I knew you were the man for the job. Now you just enjoy this time, relax, get reacquainted with... whomever and whatever it is, and I'll see you bright and early Monday morning."

"Look forward to it, sir," Marcum replied, feeling a light step in his gait as he finished putting away his groceries. Once that was done, he set about unpacking his bags and putting away his clothes and hanging up his suits. Folding the tarps that Simon allowed him to use neatly and placed them in a stack, knowing he would carry them over when he went over for dinner that night. Sighing as he sank down onto his couch, while the apartment was nice, yet there was no greater feeling than sinking into your own couch. Patting the cushions, pondering how his grandparents would have taken the news of what his family had done to him. Turning his head when the land line rang.

"Hello?" Marcum answered once he brought the receiver to his ear.

"Hello, Marcum, this is your Aunt Tracy."

"Hello, how are you?" Marcum asked in a polite tone.

"I'm good; the family is good, they missed you at Thanksgiving and Christmas, yet we totally understand why you didn't come being out of town and all."