All Comments on 'Futanari Notebook Ch. 37'

by sexgundam666

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oof

Fucking hell. I really liked where you were going with this story, it became one of my favs on this site, but this is just... yikes. I really hope things turn out fine, but this was not cool. This felt like it came from a different story that isn’t fun to read. I’ll hold out in the hopes that things will get better, but still, yikes

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
10$ The futa book gets destroyed later in the story

A...so so chapter. Maybe it is good for others who enjoy the slave x Master plotline but it ain't for me. This one really decided to be..well extremely harsh on Carmen.

And the title is just my speculation. You see it in movies and stuff. The cliche "ultimate source of powet" falls into the wrong hands and the "hero" or secondary "hero" comes in to destroy it to save "Character A" or something.

Cause Idk how else you would write out the "conclusion" to this harsh arc.

Maybe Carmen learns of her "Pseudo Shikigami" powers? Who knows lol.

A good chapter for what it is but isn't for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Chapter 35

Before 35 was great. I enjoyed the slow decent into madness and the changes affecting her. Not sure what to think about this new direction.

I enjoy your work - not trying to be a hater

HorsesCoursesHorsesCoursesover 3 years ago
You're losing me here

I think the only bit of this chapter I liked was Carmen getting another cock. That's it.

JohnT09JohnT09over 3 years ago

I agree with the anon. This story was so hot. Now it's just a rapefest, with no joy at all in it. Letting the villain win.

sexgundam666sexgundam666over 3 years agoAuthor

I hear you guys, don't know if anyone actually checks back in the comments on here, but I am hearing you. This arc, if you want to call it that, will be ending in a couple more chapters. The story itself will continue well beyond that. I know these past couple chapters have been rocky, to say the least, but hold out for a little longer. Chapter 39, I promise, will resolve this matter. I won't give much more beyond that, as this already explains a bit more than I really should've said - it's partly why I don't respond to comments very often, since I know I'm liable to spill details.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Keep Going

Having a character going through dark moments is uncomfortable as a reader, but they are sometimes necessary to develop a complete story. I know this part of the story won't last forever. Keep going and telling the story as you designed it. It will be better for it in the end. Great work on this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
But oif advice

If chapter 39 is going to be the end of this and we get back to the fun time, I’d suggest sitting on chapter 38 and releasing 38 and 39 at the same time. Otherwise you’ll likely just get more negative comments on 38. I’m personally also just waiting for this to end but I’m very much looking forward to everything that happens after this.

Just food for thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thoughts on the Negativity

I think part of the reason that this is all being received so negatively is that it feels like suffering for suffering's sake. Like characters are supposed to suffer in stories, so Carmen just is without it making sense. Similar to when Carmen and Stacy broke up for no discernible reason other than to have Carmen be sad. There was essentially no narrative justification present in the story's events for that breakup. Now the justification for Gretchen getting the better of Carmen is contingent on Carmen randomly doing something monumentally stupid and out-of-character.

It also doesn't help that these entries are relatively short and spread out, so a bad stretch of chapters is being spread out over many months of waiting, which just ends up further increasing the negative response.

Anyway. You're gonna write your story however you want. Just not very enjoyable recently. For my part, I can't help but wonder where Ryuka is. At the very least, you'd think Gretchen would interact with her somewhat since she should be able to see her now. That'd be a bit interesting at least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

As uncomfortable as some of these chapters can be (personally I'm not a fan of the tattoo thing), I wonder what the long term consequences of Gretchen using the futa note on Carmen will be. Is she stick with the second cock? The book can definitely add cocks, but we know it can't stop someone from being a futa. Can it remove a 2nd cock? What else could Gretchen do that could be irreversible in the long term?

tea_girltea_girlover 3 years ago
Don’t get discouraged!

I read this series over the course of the past week. I’ve enjoyed it so far, and would love to see more. To have ultimate power lost to the hands of a horrible person has really heightened the stakes and made for some insane drama!

We write stories because we want to read them for ourselves, but the hope is that others might enjoy them. Breathe and keep writing. You’re doing a good job.

<3 Tea

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
RE: Thoughts on the Negativity

To build off the previous anon, what I really enjoyed about this series, and what set it apart from sexgundam's other stories, was how the plot developed along a consistent logic, and how a lot of that was articulated through Carmen's own character. Around the time Stacy's shop was torched, there were a few people yearning for Carmen to cut the fat and just hit Gretchen directly, but I knew that wouldn't happen because up to then every transformation prompted a self-discovery by each girl; what might have been a rote harem builder instead produced a surprisingly deep emotional investment. As the primary antagonist, Gretchen _had_ to be the last to fall, especially if she's planned to have a change-of-heart at the very end. I was impressed that an author who usually does simple fap fantasies seemed to be aiming for a deeper story.

It feels like this internal logic has broken down in recent chapters as consistency is sidelined for expediency. I can't actually find the moment Carmen "officially" broke up with Stacy: she goes to ground after the fire and they just never talk to each other. Carmen letting loose on Leah is fun for the fetishists but reads as gratuitous when it carries no real consequence. The Gretchen's Revenge sequence stands out not necessarily because of the sadism, but because it lacks that thematic depth of the previous chapters: we _know_ she's a bitch, and this feels like it's just rubbing it in our faces for the sake of victim porn. There's also the conspicuous plot hole that at the start of the story, Carmen had written a fail-safe into the rules that anyone who handled the book would fall in love with her; it _may_ have been played straight with Rachel (which would explain why their hookup felt arbitrary), but unless sexgundam's been playing this covertly and intends Gretchen to succumb by accident, it's a rather large oversight in the story's planning.

I'll be following this through to conclusion regardless; I've no doubt Carmen will prevail in the end, I just hope the payoff is worthy of the pain.

bobGrimerbobGrimerover 3 years ago

The change of pace and different feel to the story makes absolute sense when someone else has the Futa Note. Having said that, the breakup with Stacy did feel a bit arbitrary. The part about Leah would have been better if Carmen reflected on it more in later chapters. Like, she regrets unleashing on her and uses it as an excuse not to use it on Gretchen. It would also be an improvement if the offstage growth of Leah had been quantified somewhat. It's not a particularly enjoyable arch but I hope Carmen's revenge is sevenfold to make up for this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersexgundam666@sexgundam666
Go to my Patreon (at www.patreon.com/tosaku) to receive updates and even get stories before the public! I've been writing for a while now. My work is very niche and definitely not to everyone's liking, but take a gander if you wouldn't mind. I'm sure there might be something ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES