G-Pol Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We'll be ready" Natasha said happily, "We'll see you in a few minutes."

Karl quickly closed and locked his cases. From there he went into the lav and combed out his hair neatly. He decided to leave it down and loose as he'd been told he looked better that way and hurried out.

When he reached the lobby, he got a lot of surprised and smoky looks from the female staff, many of whom also served as the prostitutes he'd been offered earlier. He waved to a few then to the owner as he passed the counter on his way out. Once out in the open, he drew a lot of looks from passers by as well. It was unusual to see someone so formally dressed in this place, and especially in this part of the station. If the hostel hadn't come highly recommended, he'd have chosen one in a nicer part of the facility. The staff was efficient honest and professional, unlike those in many of the other hostels on the station. And because of the quality of the neighborhood, their prices were far more reasonable. All in all it was one of the better establishments available.

He arrived at the station side airlock as he'd predicted and hit the call button. Natasha answered right away inviting him in. The airlock doors opened and he stepped through, curious to see what her ship was like.

He passed through the tunnel and stepped through the other airlock door into a short neat ship's corridor, to find bona waiting patiently for him with that canine smile and bright golden eyes. "Oh! You look great" she said in his mind, "I told her she should've dressed sexier! Come on in. I'll take you somewhere you can sit and be comfortable." She led him into a very tasteful living area decorated with a variety of plants which he could tell were real immediately. They made the place feel warm and inviting. The smells were fresh and clean and he felt comfortable right away. Natasha had good taste.

As soon as he sat down he was nearly bowled over by a flying bundle of tawny shaggy fur that hit him in the chest. He caught the little dog and ruffled its ears making him squeak happily. "That's Demeitri" Bona told him with a little laugh, "I probably should've warned you about him. He likes visitors and he's a great judge of character. Sometimes he's a bit overenthusiastic though. If he likes you that much, we know you're a good guy! Demeitri! Settle down, you'll get his nice clothes all hairy! Get down you little terror." Demeitri climbed down obediently and Karl reached down to pet him, bringing joyful little yips and whines.

"I wish he'd listen to me that well." Natasha commented from the corridor entrance, "Bona's the only one he pays that much attention to though. I think it's because he knows he can't pretend he didn't hear her. The advantages of telepathy I guess!" They both laughed at that as she offered him a lint cloth to lift Demeitri's hair off his clothes.

Natasha watched Demeitri run across the living room at full speed to leap onto Karl in greeting. All she could think was this wasn't going to be pretty. He surprised her by catching the little dog and scratching his ears in just the way he loved before letting him back down onto the floor and petting him with a big smile on his face. So he liked dogs then. That was nice to know.

Reaching to a table by the doorway she picked a lint cloth out of a box of them for just such uses and handed it to him. When he stood up to clean himself off she had to catch her breath. He was the perfect height for her. He was dressed in an elegant black retro suit that looked spectacular on him. With the jewel green silk shirt and his long dirty blonde hair free, his emerald eyes seemed to nearly glow. She began to think maybe she should've taken Bona's advice. He was slim as she'd expected, but his movement was graceful and efficient. She also noticed the slight bulge of the sidearm he was carrying under his left arm. Well, she was carrying a weapon too. Hers was of course much more obvious but somehow she thought it was all as it should be. That was odd though, she usually felt nervous around armed men she didn't know. Especially ones she'd been told were troublemakers. Somehow it just seemed natural on him.

He made quick work of removing the dog hair from his clothing and she took the cloth from him and dropped it in the refresher in one of the spare rooms just down the hallway. When she returned he was kneeling to pet Demeitri. "This is a nice little family you have here." he said standing back up, "Pets make great companions and a friend like Bona makes it even better. I've wanted a dog for a long time, but with the way I live, I don't think he'd be too happy. Maybe one day... I don't think I'd have much chance finding someone like Bona though!"

Natasha laughed lightly. "Demeitri keeps things interesting! He can be a real handful when he wants too though. Bona is definitely one of a kind too!"

"I definitely like him." Bona told her privately, "This one is a real man. He says exactly what he's thinking... at least as far as I can tell. He has a really impressive natural mental shield. I'd be hard put to get through it if he didn't want me to. He's not really psychic, but he's got a powerful mind. I'd feel sorry for any fool who tried to cross him. He's like a wolf at heart. If he likes you, he'll take good care of you. If he doesn't... I think he likes you though!"

Karl held out his hand. "Shall we go?"

Natasha looked over at Bona who nodded her readiness and took the proffered hand. "Let's." They left the ship that way and when they exited the airlock back onto the station, he offered his arm which she took. He was a true romantic it seemed. She was going to enjoy this.

He led her and Bona into the main public section of the station where they caught a transport car that took them most of the way to the other side. From there they entered a clear glass lift tube and rode it up to a higher level. Then to another tube taking them even higher, all the way to the station top in fact.

When they stepped off the lift, she saw they were under a huge transparent dome sitting atop a tower which projected several hundred meters above the station top. This gave a spectacular view of the station itself, the planet below with its largest moon slowly rising and the stars above. Throughout it were scattered finely set tables surrounding a large polished wood dance floor. At one side of the dome was a small band stand where a live band played soft music in an ancient Earth style popular in Western Europe and North America. It had a warm rich and sensual sound to it and the female vocalist was very talented. It made for a remarkably romantic setting. This was getting better by the minute! She really should have worn something much nicer...

"I told you so." Bona practically gloated, "You could've made a really good impression if you'd listened to me!"

"You don't have to rub it in!" Natasha thought back at her making her grin in that canine way.

A minute later they were met by a Maitre d who quickly led them to a table to one side of the band stand but well away from any other occupied table. He looked nervously at Bona but said nothing since Natasha was in uniform and Bona obviously wasn't a normal dog.

Karl waved the nervous man away. He knew what was bothering him. He had no idea how to treat a killhound. He was probably just ignorant enough to at least half believe the rumors.

Natasha watched the man scurry off relieved and had to hide a smile at his discomfiture. Then Karl surprised them both by pulling out a seat for her first. Then once she was seated, pulling one out for Bona as well. Apparently he knew more about the killhounds than most people. When at home, bona normally ate sitting on the ground because it was more comfortable, but she was perfectly capable of sitting on her haunches in a human chair and leaning slightly on the table to eat with her hands using utensils just like any human. She could even drink from a glass. Those who weren't used to such things often received quite a shock at this display. He then took a seat on the side of the table between them with his back to the edge of the dome and looking into the room.

Natasha noted that he'd set them both so they could see most of the room from where they sat.

When the waiter came over with the menus he nearly dropped them when he saw Bona sitting upright at the table looking at him expectantly. It was all they could do not to laugh. The poor man managed to deliver their menus and take their drink orders without too much difficulty. He was even more surprised when Bona ordered a glass of light ale for herself. He managed to take it all in stride and even gave her a small bow before he left.

"I think he'll do quite well" Bona commented, "He handled that much better than the Maitre d. I can only imagine what he's telling his friends in the back right now!"

The menu variety was amazing, with choices for almost any taste. They ordered their meals and started on the appetizers while they were being prepared. During this they engaged in small talk, exchanging amusing stories and discussing their individual interests. They avoided the subject of their work and in general had a wonderful time. The food was perfect and as Bona had predicted, the service was excellent. The young waiter treating her just as he would anyone else.

When they were finished eating, they talked a while longer as they let their meals settle. Then Karl asked Natasha to dance. She hadn't had much chance to experience this kind of dancing and Karl admitted he hadn't either. They decided they'd just have to muddle through. There didn't seem to be any formal or specific form being used and many of the other patrons seemed to be just moving as the music took them. When they got up Bona did as well. When they moved out onto the dance floor, she moved closer to the band stand to listen to the music.

The Pianist noticed her sitting nearby and waved her over, inviting her to join them on stage. So, she took a spot next to his bench and made herself comfortable much to the bands amusement. She spent much of the evening carrying on conversations with those members who could do so and still play their instruments. When they took a short break she was invited to join them and the other members joined in the dialog.

Karl and Natasha danced slowly simply letting the music have its way with them. Natasha found herself snuggled close and enjoying their movement together. Before long, she was lost in the music and the joy of being held by him. Her empathy was picking up his contentment as well. She was suddenly very glad she'd been given this assignment, even if it meant she didn't get the time with her family.

Karl for his part was more than happy with the beautiful woman in his arms. He loved the firm grace of her body and the smell of her was intoxicating. She was by far the most attractive woman he'd met in quite some time and she felt wonderful against him. He didn't care if the night never ended.

When the band took its break they went back to their table and sitting much closer together than earlier, ordered a bottle of blush champagne. They sipped it slowly enjoying the sweetness of the sparkling wine and each other's company.

They'd seen Bona leave with the band and knew she was enjoying herself as well so weren't in any rush to leave. They carried on a light conversation about whatever came to mind and waited for the music to begin again.

When it did, they left the half finished bottle on the table in its ice bucket and went back out onto the dance floor. This time some of the songs had a more energetic beat and rhythm so they changed their dancing style to match. The faster songs were fun, but they both preferred the slower ones which allowed them to be closer. They danced through the entire set barely noticing the passage of time.

When the band took its next break they returned to their table to find that someone had placed a seal on their bottle to keep it fresh. Shortly after taking their seats the waiter came over to refill their glasses before quietly taking away the empty bottle. Their conversation turned to their personal lives and Natasha found out Karl had never been married and that he was nearly twelve years older than she was. He told her he'd simply never found the right girl for him. She told him she'd not had the time for a serious relationship and hadn't met the right man for her either.

After that they spent some time just looking out through the dome at the world below them and the stars. After a while Karl asked her if she wanted to move over to one of the couches nearer the dome so they could see more clearly. She agreed readily and they moved, taking a seat on one end of a deep luxuriously upholstered piece. Karl put his arm around her and she snuggled in close to him. They sat that way in silence for quite a while until Karl brushed her hair with his lips. When she looked up at him he kissed her gently, she returned the kiss, her heart thumping in her chest. She could feel she was having the same effect on him.

When they finally broke the kiss he asked her if she wanted to go back out and dance some more. She could only nod happily. They moved back out onto the dance floor. The music had taken a slow romantic turn as the band worked its way through their final set for the evening. Natasha had never felt this warm and content with a man before. So far, everything was perfect.

Karl was feeling very much the same. That little kiss had become far more than he'd expected and his heart was still thumping a bit harder than it should be. He realized he was holding Natasha much closer than he had been earlier and her arms were up around his neck, her body pressed close to his. Their dance more of a sensual sway than anything else now. Looking around he saw Bona watching them from her spot next to the pianist and smiling happily. He turned Natasha to see and she giggled softly. "I wonder what she's thinking right now." Karl commented thoughtfully.

Natasha giggled again, a little harder this time. "You don't want to know!" She looked up at him with a radiant smile. He bent down and kissed her again. She returned it much more energetically this time and before long both were gulping lungfuls of air as their passion mounted. He crushed her to him and she returned the embrace, pulling herself up on her toes to deepen the kiss further. It continued until they both had to stop before they embarrassed themselves publicly.

The band finished its last set soon after and Bona rejoined them. "You two looked like you were having fun!" she teased, "I think it was a good night all round. By the way, my new friends said the two of you looked great together and I have to agree! So, when's the wedding?" The light in her eyes told them she was only half joking and she sounded quite happy.

"I think she's a bit buzzed!" Karl laughed, I wonder if we're going to have to carry her back to the ship?" They both laughed and Bona mock growled, joining in a moment later with her huffing chuckle.

They made their way back to the ship in a leisurely manner. Karl and Natasha walked arm in arm and they joked and teased as they went.

When they reached the ship, Karl offered his contact information. "I know you have work to do here, but I'd really like to see you again." He hoped she felt the same way.

Natasha's eyes were alight as she wrote down her own contact information for him and passed it over. "If you try to leave without seeing me again I'll hunt you down!" She threw her arms around him and gave him the deepest most passionate kiss she'd ever given any man. His return kiss curled her toes and she could feel his body's reaction quite clearly. She began to wonder if he might not ask to stay. She almost wished he would.

When they broke their kiss, he held her close until they were both steady on their feet once more. Then he kissed her more softly and let her go. "I'll see you soon. He turned and left. Before he had turned all the way though she had seen the struggle within him to keep control of himself. He was as wound up as she was, and that excited her even more.

After he was gone and the doors had closed, she let herself drop onto the sofa and rolled back and forth in ecstatic joy. This had been the best date she'd ever been on! And all he'd done was kiss her. Best of all, she knew he felt the same!