Game of Love Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He bled to death." He said it nice and sweet. "He begged for his life. I enjoyed seeing him lose his life and..."

"You're evil."

"That, I am!" He nodded, applying pressure on his hand. "You cannot even begin to imagine what I have done."

"Kill me!" She cried, furiously moving her head. But Trevor gripped her even tighter. "Why don't you go ahead and murder me like you did to Javier? What are you waiting for?"

"Maybe I should!" He let her go and saw the bruises on her cheeks. "But I won't do that, because you're my ticket to happy ever after. You might be a whiny little bitch, but you're still my ticket."

Adrianna couldn't believe what she had just heard.

"He'll find me!" She mourned. "My brother will find me, and he'll send you to hell. Sergio won't stop looking for me, and I can assure you that he'll find you. And when he does, I'll make sure that I kill you. I promise you, I'll kill you."

"Never make a promise you can't keep!" He chirped, rubbing seductively on his temple. "And speaking of Sergio, did I mention that we're getting married?"

Adrianna stopped crying, and she stared at Trevor like he'd just grown another head. She was dumbfounded, and she felt like someone had blocked her airway.

"Don't look so surprised." He teased. "I would have given you an invitation, but you've got a date with my boys here. They're telling me they love having you here. And meanwhile, Sergio and I will be enjoying ourselves. I'll send the wedding cake, okay?"

"You're lying!" She seethed. "Sergio would never marry a despicable man like you. He loves Eric unconditionally and..."

"Not if he wants to save you." He said with a raised eyebrow. "You see, you have your way of getting things done and I have mine. Whatever I want, I always get and Sergio is no exception."

He raised a card at her, a wedding invitation card of Sergio and Trevor.

Adrianna was broken now, shattered really, robbed early of the tape and glue necessary to put her soul back together. Her mind was like a lost man at sea, desperate and starving for some reason to live. Her heart was racing, pounding in her chest like it wanted to run away.

"No!" Streams of tears ran down her face. "Sergio would never do that no matter what. He loves Eric too much and..."

"But he loves more." He said with a grin. "And as for Eric, he won't ever find him because I have made sure of that. He can only dream of being with him and... very soon, I'll drive him so far away that he won't cross his mind."

Adrianna sobbed, dropping his head.

"Don't worry, you'll be out of here soon, after our marriage." He laughed at the top of his lungs. "We'll be one big happy family. Oops!" He glanced at his watch. "I have a fiancé waiting for me. I am sure he must be missing me by now. Tata!"

He made a quick turn and began cat-walking out of there while laughing at the top of his lungs. But before he could go any further....

"Wait!" The desperation in her voice couldn't be masked. "Trevor, please, wait!"

Trevor turned, resting his hand on his hip while jotting it. He had a big grin on his face.

"Please, I am begging you." She sobbed softly. "Let me talk to my brother once. I just want to hear his voice, and assure him that I am okay."

"Oh!" He gasped in mock astonishment, cupping his cheeks. "You miss your brother, huh? Unfortunately, he cannot speak to you because he's busy preparing for our wedding. And you don't have to worry about a thing, my men..." He paused and glanced at the four thugs in there. "...will make sure that you don't miss the wedding. They'll make sure you watch it comfortably right here, and you will feel like you're there."

He laughed when Adrianna cried, and then left laughing. Adrianna had never felt as bad as she did at that particular time. It was like all her fears came to haunt her. She wanted to do something, but in that situation, she couldn't do a thing. She was helpless.

***

The room was beautifully decorated by the best events management company in the entire city. It was like a perfect magazine cover. Everything was white, from the sparkling chairs to the beautiful curtains that graced the walls of the room. There were beautiful flowers decorated everywhere, red, pink, and white roses. The room screamed class, money, and romance.

There were beautiful chairs all decorated in white, and round tables. Guests were seated, enjoying their drinks and food. Everyone there was either a celebrity, businessman or from a well-to-do family. They were all dressed to kill, all smelled nice and with smiles on their faces. There were people from the media that Giada had invited to witness her victory.

The security was being provided by Jayden's men, all dressed in black with guns. He didn't need that much security because he knew nothing was gonna go wrong. In front was a huge table with beautiful flowers, drinks, and food. Some of the most important guests like David were seated there.

And here was Eric's family, his mother, his step-father, and his brother, Derrick. They had no idea what was going and they were all dressed beautifully though they didn't look exactly happy. They had been invited by Sergio, and couldn't deny him. Although they were kinda still mourning, they had come to honor their son-in-law's invitation.

Kim was seated there, feeling like a shadow of herself. She was dressed like a queen, a blue designer's dress with blue high heels on her feet just like they had forced her to. Her hair was made into beautiful curls and her makeup was on point. She felt like an idiot because she knew all that she had done in her life had led all of them to that point. A lot of people might have been happy, but she was the only one that knew what the hell was going on.

Suddenly, everyone started cheering, clapping and the cameras started rolling. Giada and her crew had made it into the room, coming down the wonderfully decorated stairs like angels. Giada was dressed in a gorgeous sexy heady beaded sparkly side-slit long evening dress that showed off her curves, and her cleavage to the world. She had blue jeweled heels on her feet and her hair was made into a fishtail ponytail. She looked like a queen from a Disney movie with all kinds of pieces of jewelry sparkling on her.

Coiling her arm with hers was Jayden who equally looked like a king. He was wearing a beautiful pitch-black designer's suit with a red shirt inside. His shoes were expensive black and white striped and his hair was combed to perfection, and then gelled. He was wearing a smile on his face, waving at the people that cheered for them.

They both came downstairs, posed for pictures, and then went and took their place in front where David and some important people were already seated. Kim couldn't have been more annoyed. She had never seen anyone so evil her entire life. How could she not have known?

Suddenly, the entrance everyone hadn't expected arrived. It was Sergio and Trevor. They were coming down the stairs slowly, smiling at the cameras that couldn't stop taking their pictures and the people. They might have been caught in the light of the cameras that they didn't even see that most people were no longer clapping. They were staring at them without any facial expressions.

The two guys had their arms coiled romantically, and Trevor was leaning a little on Sergio's arm. The two guys stole the night. Trevor wore a very beautiful, expensive-looking pure white designer's suit with a jacket that had a small train on it. He had beautiful pure white sparkly shoes and his hair was made into curls. He looked like a gorgeous groom in a fairytale, a gay fairytale.

Sergio on the other hand wore a gorgeous black suit that stuck on him like a second skin. His pitch-black shoes looked like they had been made by angels, and his gorgeous hair looked heavenly. He had a wonderful smile on his face, but Kim could tell it was all for show. She knew that he wasn't happy. After all, he was about to lose everything.

The two guys posed for photos like two lovebirds with Trevor clinging to him seductively, which made most of the people wonder what was going on. Laurel was shocked and angry but she couldn't do anything. She just watched as Giada mocked her pain.

After taking pics, they both took their seats at Jayden and Giada's side. As the two of them sat, Giada got up and took the microphone, staring at the crowd like she was looking at gold. She knew they admired her.

"What's up, beautiful people?" She hollered, getting cheers from the people in there. "I said, what's up!"

She laughed in the microphone.

"I want to thank you all for coming." Gratitude flowed through her as she began speaking. "You all know me. Some of you have worked with me... some of you are my friends, and all of you know me as the fashion queen of this city."

They all clapped happily.

"Today is a very important day for me as a businesswoman and a mother." She glanced at Trevor who threw her air kisses. "You've all witnessed how much I have worked to make sure that I run this city as a fashion queen." She chuckled happily. "But today, I have very important news that I would like to share with you.

Just a few days back, we all witnessed the return of Mr. Alvarado's first son, Mr. Jayden Alvarado."

Jayden waved at the people, and they all clapped, cheering for him. Cameramen were busy capturing every moment, and those that couldn't attend were able to watch live, just like Giada had ordered.

"And today, I have some very important news." She laughed, turning to look at David who was smiling back. "Before that, I would love to thank Mr. Smith for giving me an opportunity of a lifetime. With that said, I am happy and glad to share with you all that I am the newest member of D&E, and Liberty powers company."

As the people started cheering and whistling, joy sparkled in Giada's heart that she almost collapsed. They all adored her like the queen that she was. It was her night, and nothing was gonna ruin it for her.

"Joining Liberty shoes has been one of my dreams, and today, it's been fulfilled." She added. "But it wouldn't have been possible without Mr. Smith, and the entire management crew of those two companies. That's why I am promising you right now, that I'll take those two companies to the next level."

Everyone was cheering again.

"It's just sad that we lost one of the founders, an asset to the two companies." She sighed, giving a fake sad face. "Mr. Eric Hernandez was an asset. May his soul rest in perfect peace."

Laurel felt like someone had pinched her heart with a needle. She wanted to furiously stand, but her husband gripped her arm before she could. She looked super mad that Giada had brought her son into her nonsense.

Giada gave an evil grin as she looked at her. She didn't care as long as she said what she wanted.

"Thank you so much and..." She paused and gestured to Jayden, who stood up and went by her side. They looked at each other with evil eyes. "... one important thing I would like to share with all you, and the entire world is that..." She paused and made eye contact with Kim. "... Mr. Sergio Alvarado will no longer be managing the Alvarado companies, and industries. He has decided to step down."

"What?"

The people went crazy when they heard that. They stared at each other in shock, talking among themselves. Most of them were staring at Sergio, who for some reason kept his confidence, and just smiled with the man that clung to his arm. Everyone was probably wondering the same thing, 'why did he step down?'

"Calm down," Giada chuckled, getting the attention of everyone again. "Don't worry, Mr. Alvarado is still with us and he'll be working in those companies. He just won't be managing them because he has decided to handover to his older brother, Mr. Jayden Alvarado. He's going to be the president from now on, and as his partner, I'll manage by his side."

Giada expected everyone to be happy, cheering for her and smile, but none came. Instead, their mouths remained an uncharacteristic grim line. Almost robotically, they moved their hands and began clapping. But it was clear that none of them were happy with the news. But, it was something they were gonna get used to.

"Thank you so much." Both waved. "And this is a promise both of you are making to you. We'll serve all of you better than before because we've got plans."

Although the people were clapping, it was clear they were not happy.

"And the most important announcement of all." She hollered, laughing like a lunatic. "It makes me both happy and glad that as a mother, I get to see my son's dreams and happiness come true. When Trevor was born, I was the happiest woman on earth. I watched him grow, I watched him mature into a handsome young man, and now..." She paused and smiled at him. "... I get to see him get married. Yes!" She laughed with tears of mirth in her eyes. "...you all heard right. My son is getting married to none other than Sergio Alvarado."

Laurel turned to look at Sergio, but too slowly to be normal.

"What?" She rose from her chair, shaking her head. "What are..."

But her voice trailed slowly like her words were unwilling to take flight. There was sadness and pain in her eyes as she looked at Sergio. He looked back at her and felt the guilt hit him. If only she knew what he was going through. But just like that, she could say no more. She just stared at him without even blinking. Even Kim felt her pain. Damn, she felt the same way.

Trevor seductively held Sergio's hand, and the both of them got up and walked slowly to where Giada was standing. She held both of them sweetly, kissing their cheeks. Trevor's heart was racing while Sergio's was shattered to pieces. He kept on staring at Laurel who couldn't even sit. It was clear Eric's family was hurt.

"As I was saying, Sergio and Trevor's wedding will..."

But before she could finish her sentence, the lights in the whole room shut off and the whole place went dark. Darkness came like the thick velvet curtains in the theatre. Giada let her eyes wander around but she couldn't see a thing. She could only hear voices from the people in the crowd, and she knew they were panicking.

"Hello!" Jayden hollered. "Security, what's going on? Can you find out...."

But he didn't finish his sentence when the lights suddenly went but dimmer than they were before. Before his mind could even process it, screams broke out from everyone in the room. He was caught by surprise, and he was shocked. As soon as the lights went back on, he got the shock of his life.

His men were on the floor, trembling in fear. Other men in black had pointed their riffles at his men, and also at him and his crew. He looked around to see if he could spot any of his men but they were all on the floor. He glanced at Giada and she was just as shocked.

Giada's breaths turned from quiet and regular to panting. She stood close to her son who held on tightly to Sergio like his life depended on it. Everyone else was on the floor in fear.

"Who are you?" Jayden roared. "What do you want?"

Suddenly, there was a low explosion on the stairway that took everyone's attention. Billowing smoke filled the entire stairway from the top and they couldn't see anything. Out of the blue, people started hearing footsteps but couldn't see who it was as the fog was thick. The footsteps echoed sharply throughout the room, sounding overly loud in Giada's ears, as the booming heartbeat of a condemned prisoner.

Then suddenly, people began seeing a shadow in the smoke as whoever was coming neared the end of the staircase. Whoever was coming down those stairs was either large and heavily harmed or a gang leader that considers themselves untouchable, Giada thought as she tried to contain herself. She was scared but she was curious to see who walked so fearlessly.

As whoever was coming approached, the people began to see beautiful golden brown expensive-looking shoes. As he got nearer, they traced an expensive-looking blood-red skinny jean to the curvy waist, a black designer's sparkly shirt, but they couldn't see his face as he got out of the fog that had now become thin. He was wearing a gold mask that hid his face completely.

He was standing near Giada, and her crew but no one saw his face. All they saw was his beautiful rainbow long hair that was tied into a ponytail and his beautiful piercing blue eyes. He got everyone's attention, and now they were wondering who he was.

"Who the fuck are you?" Jayden roared, breathing like he was out of air. "How dare you interrupt such an event? Do you have a death wish? Get out of here, and get your men out, otherwise, you have no idea who you're messing with."

But the man just stood there without doing anything.

"Didn't you hear what I said?" He yelled. "Get the fuck out, right now!"

"Didn't you hear him?" Giada yelled. "Get the fuck out, because we're not gonna tell you again."

And when the man still stood there, Giada got so mad that she rushed to him, gripped his mask, and pulled it off. When she did, an invisible hand clasped over her mouth, and an equally ghostly hypodermic of adrenaline pierced her heart, unloading in an instant. She felt her ribs heaving as if bound by ropes, straining to inflate her lungs. Her head was now a carousel of fears spinning out of control, each one pushing her mind into blackness. She wanted to run; she needed to freeze.

There was something about the way the boy looked at her that creeped her out as she took a few steps backward, bumping into someone behind her. Her head rolled with the impact, eyes glazed.

Her voice came out thin and full of fear.

"What, but, no, it can't be, that's... can't be. You're... dead."

"Surprise!" The boy spoke, opening his arms widely.

There were loud voices as everyone now saw him, Eric. He was standing right there with a grin on his face, and everyone saw him. They all slowly rose, including Eric's family that looked like they saw a ghost.

Trevor was breathing all wrong, beginning to gasp like there's not enough oxygen in the air. He felt the panic begin like a cluster of spark plugs in his abdomen. As for Jayden, the tension grew in his face and limbs, his mind replaying the day they had buried Eric alive. Sergio on the other hand just stood like a statue.

"No!" Jayden gasped, pointing shakily at him. "You can't be the one. You... you..."

"You killed me," Eric asked with a raised eyebrow. "There's a lot more to me than meets the eye. I am an iron rose, and I cannot be killed easily. Did you think burying me alive was gonna end me? Your big mistake was not leaving me in that burning car the day I had the accident."

The thoughts were accelerating inside Giada's head. She wanted them to slow so she could breathe but they wouldn't. Her heart was hammering inside her chest as it belonged to a rabbit running for its skin.

"I told you I would be back, didn't I?" He barked, clenching his fists. "And now it is game over for all of you. You've had your fun, and it's time to end it."

"No, you're dead," Giada screamed, shaking her head. "You can't be here. I..."

"Did you make sure I was dead?" He chuckled, crossing his arms on his chest. "No! But let me tell you a little story..."

***

2 weeks ago...

*

Eric was trapped with no way out of the coffin, and his hands were tightly bound behind him. The men had finished burying him, and he was running out of air. He screamed at the top of his voice but realized that with each second, it became harder. He couldn't escape his fate.

He tried as hard as he could to untie himself but he couldn't do it. Luckily, he managed to bring his hands in front and managed to untie the rope with his teeth after trying for a long time. It was starting to get hot inside and he was running out of air. He tried everything possible to escape but he couldn't.

1...56789...12